[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vegan woman dies of altitude sickness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1463941122718.jpg (29 KB, 306x436) Image search: [Google]
1463941122718.jpg
29 KB, 306x436
A woman who died of altitude sickness while climbing Mount Everest took on the challenge to prove that 'vegans can do anything'.

Maria Strydom died on Saturday afternoon after having to turn back from the final leg of the expedition because she felt unwell.

She returned to Camp 4, the last camp before the mountain's summit, on Friday where she spent the night but died from lack of oxygen the following day.

The 34-year-old South African national taught at Monash University in Melbourne and was an experienced climber.

Her husband Robert Gropel is injured but, according to trip organisers, '100 per cent safe'.

Weeks before her death Dr Strydom told how she and her husband wanted to dispel the belief that vegans were 'weak' or 'malnourished' by taking on the climb.

'It seems that people have this warped idea of vegans being malnourished and weak.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3602846/Pictured-Melbourne-university-lecturer-34-died-altitude-sickness-Mount-Everest-taking-climb-husband-prove-vegans-anything.html
>>
Vegans are malnourished and weak
>>
>>37280764
I mean I hate vegans as much as the next guy, but this argument is retarded.

SO many people die on Everest, even experienced omnivore/carnivore climbers
>>
>>37280764
This is like the ninth thread I've read in the last couple of days about this woman
And I don't browse /fit/ that much
Com'on
>>
>>37280826
OP didn't argue anything, I think you need to calm your vegan justification-ism down. All that was done was laugh at the fact that a vegan woman wanted to prove that she (being a vegan) could do anything. However, obviously could not.
Please read before getting all defensive.
>>
Heard about this on the radio this morning. I have to admit - I laughed my fucking ass off
>>
This is proof veganism is cancer
>>
>>37280826
While that is true, those two are amongst the few if not the only deaths that happened recently on a very good weather climb.
And that should tell you something.
>>
>>37280865
> justificationism
> defensive
vegans are retarded, I'm not a vegan and I think the whole movement is stupid, but this situation doesn't prove veganism is bad
>>
>>37280865
He heavily implied it, no need to defend him. Or the vegans. Why the fuck am I posting this shit anyway
>>
>>37280826
>>37280826
>>37280826
>>37280826
>>37280826
this desu
nobody is talking about the non-vegan that died of the exact same thing
>>
i'm on plant based diet for many years and i'm fkin sick of vegans. from my personal experience i feel best eating raw (fruit, greens n vegs, eggs) but i have to stop when winter is coming. also you have to drink meh smoothies or even juices because you can't eat that much to maintain gains and i grew to hate it quite quickly. another downside are strong cravings when you mess up anything from sleep schedule to cardio.

typical vegans - all guys ugly skinnyfat nu male neckbeards/straight edge poseurs with worst personalities, eating freaking soy products 24/7, criticizing everything but themselves and ofc veganism and arguing on social networks. most of the chicks not that bad as dudes but still red flags popping everywhere
>>
>>37280764
>Maria Strydom
martyrdom?

why does this sound so fake
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.