[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit /fit/, I just started a German volume training regimen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Holy shit /fit/, I just started a German volume training regimen and started with DB deadlifts, 10x10 heavy and 10x10 light, and 4 days later I am sooooooo done with the doms.
First, erector spinae we so sore and infested with inflammation that I couldn't flex at the hips at all. Then after 3 days of dealing with that it has finally healed and now it feels as though my hamstrings are going to go through the same process
>whyme.jpeg
So now for the point of this thread, I understand that doms can be accelerated/diminished/avoided with inflammatory enzymes, does anybody shelter any information on this subject?
If not, got any general doms treatment tips?
>>
You do realize that GVT is for roided lifters who have at least 3-4 years of experience, right? A natty beginner will end up in the hospital.
>>
>>37280295
This bullshit needs to end. It's a high volume program, yes, but it's not THAT high volume. I see plenty generic run-of-the-mill PPL splits or bro-splits that are worse. I've done GVT in the past and have several friends who have and it wasn't that bad.

>>37280274
Do a light workout to get some bloodflow to the area. Only thing that helps. Also, pretty stupid of you to jump straight into 10x10 without a transitioning protocol.
>>
>>37280338
Well I'm not exactly inexperienced when it comes to volume, for my first year of exercise I was going for athletic conditioning, (typically 20x3) then the next year I was strength training (typically 8-10x5 x3 exercises per group x2 per group per week), so I felt the transition to GVT wouldn't be very tough, but shit, I guess I was wrong.
>>
Also I find it really weird that my back was sore first and then hamstrings after my back healed, I have never experienced the soreness of one muscle being more delayed than another.
Anybody else ever experience anything like that and know why?
>>
>>37280274
>GVT
Lol
>GVT Deadlifts
You done being retarded?
>>
>>37281101
What is wrong with that?
It was under instruction of a trainer, should they hand in their certificate?
>>
>>37280274
Cold water showers, bro. You're welcome.
>>
>>37281164
Yes.
>>
>>37281164
Lifts that are technical should remain at low reps. Form break down due to fatigue causes injury.
>>
>>37280274
>can't lift for shit
>decides to do GVT
Maybe you should've gotten strong first
>>
>>37281221
Well I was only DL 130lbs total on my DB lifts and 60lbs on my barbell lifts, I felt my form was good throughout the entire 200 lifts so I don't think I injured myself in the sense that I performed the movement incorrectly, I feel like it's just really..really...*REALLY* intense soreness.
Do you think I could have sustained injury even if my form was good?
>>
>>37281295
The risk of injury is greater, not guaranteed. And yeah, you will be sore from that amount of reps. Soreness is in no way an indicator of progress though.
>>
>>37281295
>can barely move any weight and has minimal experience
>hops right into high volume training
>>
>>37280562
I dunno, tight hamstrings will pull on your back and cause back pain....so maybe, like, your hamstrings were really tight and pulling in your back but once they started to relax your back pain went away and you felt the soreness of your hamstrings beginning to relax?

Complete bro science here just guessing
>>
>>37281174
Contrast showers bro. You're welcome.
>>
>>37281221
This is the dumbest fucking piece of advice in the realm of training. I know it's not something you came up with so don't take it personal. But you can just as likely have form breakdown due to fatigue while doing doubles as you can doing twelves. It makes no fucking sense.
And thousands of people do deadlifts for high reps on a daily basis.
>>
I don't understand how people get DOMS after the first week.
I only get it if I completely stop working out for 2 or 3 weeks then stay up again. Then it's only for the first time I retrain the muscles.
What do you guys do that you constantly get DOMS?
>>
>>37281384
They believe in muscle confusion
>>
>>37281367
The point is that if your form turns to shit after 5 reps in a technical lift, and then you try to bust out 5 more, snap city may be your next location.

I'm an advocate for good form all around though.
>>
>>37281332
Hvt can be fine for a beginner, so many reps let's you fine tune form and greases the groove. A 5 week block has over 6000 reps in it.
But it does need to be at low weight for a beginner, 50% or less if the technique is still developing.
>>
>>37281384
Probably because they do a few things:

Excessive volume
Too little frequency, 1 muscle group per day, once per week
And always change the exercises
>>
>>37281425
The conventional deadlift is anything but technical though. Pretty much the simplest compound lift there is.
Regardless, you should never take a heavy barbell lift beyond the point of technical breakdown (no matter what rep range you're working in) that much we agree on.

>>37281432
The frequency is low, the volume is excessive (no further gain after the first 3-4 sets), and the fatigue is high and a beginner hasn't learned to push himself without form breaking down.
>>
>>37281432
Pushing yourself for high reps in heavy lifts when your form is not good nor confident can easily lead to injury and also puts you in the groove of performing lifts with form breakdown

Very high volume bodybuilding with such a light weight because you can't lift a decent weight is inefficient as fuck too
>>
I contest that the high reps are counter beneficial for teaching decent form.
Repetition at the right loading let's you iron out any technical flaws in your technique. Fucked up a lift? Doesn't hurt you because its low weight. It's about muscle memory like driving a car, how many of you think of changing gears any more? Or is it automatic.
Im not saying it's GOAT, just contesting that it's worthless.
>>
>>37281755
>Fucked up a lift? Doesn't hurt you because its low weight
Repeat until injury or continue having shit form. The lighter weight doesn't force you to adapt/improve
>>
Guys, a lot of you are implying my form was shit but I think that is far from the truth, a stiff legged dead lift is pretty hard to screw up.
Back straight, knees not locked, drive hips forward, "feel the steel"
>>
Also, I'd say that my two years of lifting experience at least gets me out of beginners class when it comes to muscular endurance, if you disagree and think that GVT isn't the program for me, what is your suggested alternative for inducing hypertrophy?
Also I feel it necessary to point out that I engaged in GVT under instruction of a trainer, she actually suggested I start my DL with more than 130 lbs knowing my story as far as my lifting experience goes, safe to assume she has no idea what she's doing?
>>
>>37280338
You're not doing proper gvt
You're probly doing that gayass watered down shit from places like t nation
>>
>>37281988
What is proper GVT then?
Also, I know this is the /b/ inside me but..checked.
>>
>>37281866
OK beginner who is complaining about soreness like a blog post. I will surely take your word, without form check, that your form is good

>>37281932
>female PT
>choosing this when you also claim to have lifting experience

>>37282114
>checking dubs without getting trips
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.