[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to lift and do a hard labor job like construction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5
File: 9103312892_5c6b36e897_b.jpg (684 KB, 929x1024) Image search: [Google]
9103312892_5c6b36e897_b.jpg
684 KB, 929x1024
Is it possible to lift and do a hard labor job like construction?
>>
>>37279926
no, it's impossible. no human being has ever done it. delete your thread now
>>
>>37279926
yes
>>
As long as you eat enough then yes, now fuck off and read the sticky
>>
>>37279975
I've read it. I'm just too tired at the end of the day to workout
>>
in practice, all things considered, it's pointless and not sustainable
>>
>>37279997
>>37280002
So close.

Also try preworkout, caffeine pills or cocaine for extra energy
>>
>>37279997
"Workout" is a noun, not a verb

You're welcome!
>>
Depending on the intensity of your job it can really fuck your recovery up. I generally lift shit about and shovel all day. Thats probably about 2000 calories burned roughly on a heavy day. And then when it comes to lifting my back is often fatigued and form is hard to keep good. If i eat enough, wear a belt and take a caffeine pill i can usually do ok ish.
>>
>>37280020
>"Workout" is a noun, not a verb
Says who? your autism?
>>
>>37279926
yes, prepare for joint pain and tendinitis though
>>
I'm working two jobs at the moment. Landscaping and soccer coaching, both involve being on my feet and moving around all day.

Is this why I'm struggling to bulk even though I'm at a 500 calorie surplus?

Should I try and get an extra mass gain shake in somewhere? Or is there literally no point in me even trying so I should just maintain or cut?

Pic somewhat related... goal body.
>>
>>37280420
Yeah, you're not eating enough. I'd try to get 3 x your bodyweight in protein
>>
>>37279926

if you were doing a real man's job like laboring, you wouldnt feel the need to compensate for being a limp wristed computer nerd by going to the gym. so, no.

you'd most likely be out drinking, slaying clacker and getting 3 hrs of sleep b4 another day's hard graft.

fuck, milennials. pls die.
>>
>>37280518
What the fuck is your problem?
>>
I did construction long before i started lifting and i wish i started sooner.

Going to the gym has done real great things for my recovery.

Back in the day fatigue would accumulate and wreck me but now i just need a nap and im good to go for round 2.

But a huge fucking problem about manual labor is the high risk of injury. One day youre carrying bags of trash for 5 hours and swooshp your rotator cuff gets fucked up and you cant bench for 2 months.

In 6 years i had 4 really shitty work injuries that affected my lifting.
>>
>>37280553

you're the problem. look, what you dont realize is that gym culture grew out of the underground gay scene when anal sex was illegal, but has now bled over to normie society. actually going to the gym is liek admitting you prefer cock. real men dont prefer cock, ergo going to the gym if you work construction is a non sequitur. QED.
>>
>>37279926
Two of my gymbros do it, they both eat at least 6 meals a day
>>
>>37280639
ergo you're a faggot
>>
Perfectly doable if you get enough rest and feed. You'll have less flexibility with regards to when you can train compared to someone with a less active job, but it'll work out. I can see you making it pretty far before recovery becomes a problem - I think you'll find that if you begin lifting, you'll actually recover better from your job, feeling better tested and not tiring out as easily once you build up some work capacity.
>>
>>37280646
Just imagine what their shits smell like. Just wonder man... Haha...
>>
>>37280850
Better than someone who eats hotpockets and drinks mtn dew all day
>>
>>37280850
haha totally bro... i mean not in a gay way or anything haha but i would love to smell it
>>
>>37280639
Found the autistic who's afraid to go to the gym
>>
How do you deal with the heat and the heights?
>>
>>37280639
no
>>
>>37280885
For real, bro.
>Staying at my obnoxiously fat brother's to take a week long course in his city
>Learn, eat, lift, sleep, repeat
>Just back from training, about to desecrate the can with an ungodly gut-wringing apocalyptic megashit
>It's been stewing in my bowels for a good few hours
>As I see the white apartment door my body goes through a Pavlovian reaction and my stomach starts singing the song that will end the Earth
>Open the door
>Get hit by a biochemical wall of my brother's Coke-and-choc-and-crisps-and-microwaved-hotdogs-and-hotpockets shit stench
>Hear him at work on the crapper
>HHHURRRRRRRK
>SPLATTERSPLATTERSPLATTER
>Followed by a cacophony I suspect one might replicate by hooking a compressor up to a didgeridoo driving a bicycle wheel around with a baseball card in the spokes
>Slam the door shut, steal one of his neighbour's bike
>Ride the 5 kilometers back to the gym to take a shit there
Good fucking Lord it was so terrible. I killed four hours after that before I went back to his place, and the smell still lingered and there were shit marks on the walls and in the shower and all over the floor.
>>
>>37281036
>no

seriously, it doesnt even need deconstructing. the gym IS basically the bath-house. it just literally is.

everything about physical culture is homosexual. if that upsets you then so be it. but dont pretend that the preening faggots of today arent a direct descedent of the down-low ass-bandits of yesteryear.
>>
>>37279926
arnold did construction and lifted, then again he was taking roids
>>
>>37280420
>being on my feet
>moving around all day

Oh you poor slob, it must be HELL for you!
>>
ive done it nearly every day of the week for the last year. add in the fact that i live in florida, you can imagine how my workdays are in the "summer" i.e. 11 mos out of the year.
>>
File: 1462557116423.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1462557116423.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>37283102
jesus man, projecting much?
>>
>>37280420
try trenbolone, im sure it will help you with achieving your goal body
>>
>>37280420
>Is this why I'm struggling to bulk even though I'm at a 500 calorie surplus
If you're not gaining weight, you're not in a surplus, dumbass.
>>
Used to labor on a stucco crew. Moved scaffolding frames and planks all day, loaded/unloaded bags of cement, and huffed wheelbarrows full of cement to the scaffolding, then shoveled it up the scaffolding all day long.

It's just rough the day after you squat heavy. If you work Mon-Fri, make Saturday, Monday, Tuesday your lift days. That way you have at least one day to lift/recover without having to work.
>>
>>37280420
try drinking like half a gallon of milk in addition to what you already eat
>>
>>37279926
I did it last year, but I was doing DYEL stuff, only bench biceps and leg extensions. WOrking 9 hour a day then hitting the gym, was tough, but you get used to it.
It will be tough at first, but just eat enough, maybe take some caffeine and you will adjust to it. Think of it as progressive overload.
>>
>>37280461
brehhh you realize for a 200 lb person this is 600g protein per day
>>
>>37281124
You have a real way with words, anon.
>>
>>37281463
No.
>>
>>37280172
He's correct, you are a faggot.
>>
I do a semi hard labour job
Work at a garden store, lug bags of dirt and cow shit most of the day
Isn't too hard, but I do need to make sure j eat more at work
>>
>>37279997
what do you do? i'm a framer, and i do a 3 day a week full body routine on m,w,fr with a preworkout to motivate me to lift. I feel like it's important to have some days when you can just come home and relax
>>
It's difficult but doable. But you've gotta cut yourself some slack and appreciate that some days you will just be too tired to work out. Don't beat yourself up about it, just go when you can.

I was a labourer a while back and my boss was an absolute cunt, I was lifting heavy shit all day and running about like a headless chicken. Would manage to gym probs 3 times a week or so. I didn't train legs or deadlifts because the doms would fuck me over for work and I'd probably get fired.

Probably the best shape I've ever been in (apart from the chicken legs), I was stuffing my face with whatever the fuck I wanted - huge greasy burgers 1-2x a week - and I was still losing weight. Got pretty cut by the end.
>>
>>37283426
>pounds
Come on
>>
Rarely anyone needs more than 160g of protein per day, you meme-spouting bodybuilding forum parrots
>>
>>37280518
>Laboring
>Real man's job
Have fun with your retard high school dropout trade
>>
>>37283562
Not OP, but I'm steel framer, m/t/th/f workouts for me. Only way I manage to not skip any days is to go to the gym on the way home from work. If I get home first, I sit on the couch and nap for 2 hours instead
>>
I do landscaping 4 days a week and I only ever manage to get to the gym 2x a week. It's not hard to do once it becomes routine but I haven't made any gains at all in over a year doing it. My lifts have not changed at all and my weight has stayed within +-5 lbs. It makes the whole thing seem pointless sometimes.
>>
>>37284800
eat more fuggboi
>>
>>37280420
>640x640
notice how his hair is dark? That's why this guy is an alpha male and will have his pick of breeding with any woman he wants
>>
>>37284894
But I'm trying to cut ;_;
>>
I do HVAC, I guess varies from sedentary to vigorous labor.

The day after leg day can be lethal, dealing with ladders and all lol. But yeah, sometimes you don't recover because you'll be lifting stuff around, using sore muscles, and you end up being sore for 3 days, and are weaker than you were a week before.

Energy levels is why I workout. I can hop out of bed when I go to the gym routinely. When I don't... I realllly struggle getting up at 4:00am
>>
File: Sergio-Oliva.jpg (19 KB, 250x453) Image search: [Google]
Sergio-Oliva.jpg
19 KB, 250x453
>>37279926
Working 10- to 12-hour days at the steel mill and putting in another 2.5–3 hours at the gym gave Oliva very little time for anything else.

One of three to defeat Arnold in competition.

R.I.P. Sergio Olivia

/thread
>>
>>37285035
lotus you're better than this

You and I both know that anyone on the heap of gear that a Mr O winner is on would have the energy to workout and work a labor-intensive job. Sergio could have been in the gym for 14 hours per day and nothing else and been fine.
>>
all that "gym is gay" aside, not one of you realized OP's picture is literally homoerotic?
>>
>>37285098
Where do you think we are?
>>
File: 1462080601437.jpg (17 KB, 250x284) Image search: [Google]
1462080601437.jpg
17 KB, 250x284
>>37283102
>implying
>>
>>37280639
Either 15 or a jaded and mentally deficient worker who's boss fucked his wife.

Y U mad tho? :^)
>>
>>37280832
>Perfectly doable if you get enough rest and feed.

Yeah everyone overlooks this. Rest is literally the most important part of gaining muscle. But I guess good look sleeping 8 hours a night if you're doing overtime at a factory then trying to juggle all the other life responsibilities with that.
>>
>>37280020
Shut the fuck up Andrew.
>>
The answer is yes. I'm in the marine corps
>>
>>37279926
yes
you are a pussy for asking
have a nice day
>>
>>37279926
to lift, yes, but you won't become a professional powerlifter or anything. I worked for a company similiar to UPS in the city, so my workdays would look like 9 hours of walking up stairs with fucking 20 kilo bags of catfood. my feet and knees wouldn't handle any heavy squats or deadlifts after this.
>>
>>37280518
This anon is correct desu, too many prissy faggots on /fit/
>>
>>37279926
Hnng
>>
>>37279926
Isn't this photo from some homoerotic session? Who the fuck would have a clean watch while being dirty up to the elbows, or even wear such watch when doing construction work to begin with.
>>
>>37288800

Basically my job. I workout in the morning though before I start. I'd rather get my workout in properly and really struggle carting fuckloads of water up many flights of stairs than the other way around.

The hardest thing is eating enough food, drinking enough water (hard to take a piss when you've gotta drive round the city for 8 hours) and getting enough rest.

A 5 day work week with full workout leaves me fucking exhausted.
>>
>>37288266
I can attest to rest being pretty much the most important of all. This winter I got on average 5-6 hours of sleep for well over a month, and my lifts suffered hard for it. Before the period, my best squat was 160 kg for 5 smooth reps and still some left in me, but after, I could barely do it for a struggling 1RM. Had to lay off benching because I started to develop some kind of pain in my elbow from work. And heavy deadlifts while tired doesn't sound like a recipe for success, but I didn't lose any weight on those anyway
>>
I split up my workouts.

30-45 mins at lunch. 30-45 mins after dinner.

Should mention that I go home for my lunch break and I have a home gym.
>>
>>37280518
>slaying clacker

Kek
>>
>>37283839
2/10 troll harder next time
>>
>>37290026
he is right actually, you've been meme'd by the industry :)
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.