[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadlift thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 620x349
How do I improve my deadlift /fit/
Currently 245kg 1 rep max
>>
>deadlifting 245kg
>coming to /fit/ for advice

Pick only one
>>
245kg?
you should get a gym membership, that would be a start
>>
>>37279833
Both
>>37279847
I have one pal
>>
>>37279817
at what bw
>>
>>37279847
Can you diddly 245kg m8?
>get a gym membership
Where did you deadlift before you got a gym membership?
>>
>tfw hurt lower back at dyel mode 130kg
>>
This is your reminder that if you use a mixed grip, you have no true strength
>>
>>37280205
This is your reminder that if you should first get even a 2 plate deadlift before posting any of your opinions.
>>
>>37280160
I fucked up my lower back DLing when I first started lifting too. Shit nagged me for like a year, back injuries are the worst.
>>
File: 1412954632438.png (258 KB, 351x364) Image search: [Google]
1412954632438.png
258 KB, 351x364
>>37280223
>mfw a griplet posted in the same thread as me
>>
>>37280228

Same. I lost like a month of progress because of it. Still bothers me to this day.
>>
>>37280223

>Implying 2pl8 is heavy enough to warrant even considering mixed grip

You could have at least said 4pl8 like a normal person. Do you have pool noodles for arms?
>>
>>37280223
You can't even do 2plate without a mixed grip ;)
>>
>>37280160
>>37280228
Yeah I probably have disc hernia as I can feel the pain all the way down in my right leg. I think it's called sciatica pain? Shit fucks up my sleep and I can feel it at rest too.

I've got doctors appointment scheduled a few weeks from now. No motivation to lift at all because even slightest use of lower back launches the pain full on.

I miss deadlifting but probably can't do it ever again. Same goes for squat. Why even live!
>>
Would rather go straps than mixed grip desu
>>
>>37279817

Mag-Ort
>>
>>37280307
>>37280292
>>37280263
>dyels so weak they focus on what grip you use over the weight on the bar
gotta make those excuses where you can for why you're a dyel lifting dyel weight
>>
>>37280340
>but probably can't do it ever again
Dude, even if you have a fullblown herniated disc that shit heals again over time. It can be extremely painful for a while but other than that it's really not that bad. Many worse things can happen. The way you're thinking right now, is the kind of thinking that makes people end up with chronic pain issues.
>>
>>37279817
Forget your ego and deload faggot. Also hook grip, shoulder blades over the bar, bar over midfoot, pull before starting set to get tight and get in position. Alan Thrall has some good deadlift videos. Watch those.
>>
>>37279847
kek
>>37279817
>asks for advice
>gets shitposting crossfire
welcome to /fit/
>>
>>37280033
92kg
>>
At 245kg, what is it you need to improve exactly?
Add weight? More volume
Form? Deload and video record. Activate lats and keep stance tight
>>
>>37280475
More weight I want a 300kg deadlift
>>
>>37280376
Yeah I just need to manage these weeks somehow. The pain hurts my motivation and discipline, reminding me constantly of my fuck up two months ago. It's disheartening that the pain has not gotten any better in this time, even with all the foam rolling and stretching.
>>
>>37280560
>I want a 300kg deadlift
lol
>>
>>37280566
Your vagina must hurt like hell too
>>
>>37280560
What I got stuck at 240, I dropped my usual routine (which consists of doubles and triples) and did something Mikhail Kolkyaev recommended: deloaded to 160, and ran 5x5 until failure. Increased by 5kg a week. Got up to 200, made 240 easily.

Tl;dr: more volume like anon already said.
>>
>>37280566
>even with all the foam rolling and stretching
If it's a herniated disc, these things don't do anything particular for the problem. Few specific things do, actually. But it's very important to stay active.
If you have pain shooting down one leg, you should see a physiotherapist, who may be able to "centralize" the symptoms so you at least won't be bothered in your sleep anymore. Some doctors may know how to do this as well.
>>
>>37280586
You've obviously never had severe back pains.
>>
sheiko
>>
>>37280267
I was so worried about keeping my back straight so I wouldn't hurt myself that I went too far and rounded my back in the other direction like a nerd.
>>
>>37280627
Thought that stretching and foam rolling wouldn't hurt. That's what I thought too, I hope the doc will give me referral to a physio. It's much more affordable that way as I don't have too much extra money laying around.
>>
>>37280581
what a talented young trip that panzer jager is to have managed to string together one letter to another in semblance of form! a marvel to be sure! he has written lol! while he is usually preoccupied by spraying shit and vomit from what you could scarcely call his mouth but his upper anus today, he has formed a word! rejoice! and what a staggering input it was to the conversation we have in this modern symposium we all take for granted. most are simply content with the furiously onanistic past-time of taking hid fellow compatriot down, instead he is laughing in joy that this anon bravely seeks to deadlift 300kg. he is truly a magnificent trip!!!! rejoice!
>>
>>37280889
Top kek
>>
M8 pls go. I diddly 370kg.
>>
>>37279817
most ive done is 160kg at ~82kg bw.
as far as programming goes, i cant really help you.
but i can say to try different things; more sets, pull more often, do assistant exercises, shorter rest periods, you can probably think of some more things to play around with.

ive found assistant exercises like stiff-legged deadlifts (both semi-sumo and conventional) to be great.
you can try deficit pulls, block pulls, different stances (conventional, semi-sumo, sumo), paused deadlifts.
if your technique isnt clean, you can try to improve it by dropping the load a bit and trying out different forms.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.