[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to approach guy at gym? What is a natural non-fuckup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: senpai_notice_me.jpg (1 MB, 3872x2574) Image search: [Google]
senpai_notice_me.jpg
1 MB, 3872x2574
Best way to approach guy at gym?

What is a natural non-fuckup way to flirt with a guy/girl at the gym?

I'm a complete ass when it comes to approach in this kind of setting and need a play-by-play that a drunk toddler can understand. Headphones? Smile? Eye contact? Long con or just go for it?
>>
>>37278040

Leave people alone at the gym
>>
>>37278040
OP are you female?
>>
>>37278058
o-okay
>>
>>37278040
If you're a guy just ask for a spot. Then develop no homo hydrobromo relationship.

If grill post Vocaroo.
>>
>>37278040
honestly considering what gets posted here regularly you're best off just going up to him and asking him if he wants to fuck, otherwise there's a big enough chance that this guy is a sperg that he will completely miss all the obvious hints you give him
>>
>>37278040
>Hey kid wanna yiff?
>>
Just talk to them.

Guys hate the vague bullshit "signals" that women make. Just talk to him.
>>
>>37278072
yes.
>>
>>37278100
>Headphones? Smile? Eye contact?
>""""""""""obvious"""""""""""
>>
>>37278040
Ask for spots
[spoiler]Tell him you really want to grind it out on the last set[/spoiler]
Ask for tips, like with form or if they've ever done X exercise to improve their Y lift
>>
>>37278116
Then don't ask this dumbass question. As a girl as long as you're not fat you're already ahead in life. You can be blatantly obvious to guys and nobody would care
>>
As you female you have it easy just go up and start a conversation. If he shows interest then great keep talking. If not go away. Theres literally no risk for you.
>>
>>37278116
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>37278040

Ask him to help you out with some bullshit exercise (squats/DLs, whatever it is you're normally doing - don't worry everybody needs a spotter sometimes so it's not "weird" -. If you only normally only do cardio say something like "i thought i could give strength training a try" or simply don't mention shit. ).

Compliment coaching abilities, thank him for the help

End interaction with "Perhaps we could see each other outside the gym as well, what do you say we hang out sometime?"

Unless he's a complete absolute failure of a sperg not worthy of any offspring ever period, or on the offchance that you could be so incredibly ugly even trying to pick up a guy at the gym would fail, you've got a 99% succes chance.
>>
>>37278040
Free weight? Just go up and ask them some random shit about what they're doing or if they can help you. If you think you already know more and better than them, forget about that bit and be dumb.
>>
mate don't just go interrupting people in the middle of their gym sesh, there's a time and a place to ask someone out and it's not while someone is trying to get swole.
>>
File: consider_the_following.png (264 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.png
264 KB, 1000x1000
>>37278040
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~elaineh/79.pdf

I will give you the short version of this research:
Men walked up to women and asked them straight off the bat if they would like to go to bed with them, and vice versa women walked up to men and asked the same thing.

0% of women agreed.
75% of men agreed, with a significant portion of the remainder citing 'I'm married' or 'I have a girlfriend' as their reason for declining.

There is virtually no risk of men making it awkward for a woman trying to flirt with them.
>>
>>37278096
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1YImQ1rsXDr

So far, consensus is:

>no hints, signals. Just straight up.
>ask for a spot (I've never used a spotter outside a personal trainer, so that'll be different.)
>don't be fat
>don't be ugly

I think I'm pretty good on the last two.

Is it good to compliment or would that be too forward? Like, hey, you have great shoulders what is your routine?
>>
>>37278265

post baps
>>
>>37278265
Are you asian?
>>
>>37278239
>http://www2.hawaii.edu/~elaineh/79.pdf

would the studies having been conducted in 1978 and 1982 still be relevant?

My gut tells me that guys will always have a higher percentage of agreement, but not sure if the gap is closing because of all the cultural shifts (slutwalks, don't stick dick in crazy', more STDs, etc).
>>
>>37278265
WG
AL
TE
KN
I
N
S
>>
>>37278040
Show him your shithole
>>
>>37278265
HOLY FUCK YOU SOUND CUTE.
>>
>>37278315
Their data was last replicated in 2011. Not a lot of research into heterosexuality these days.
>>
>>37278110

Literally this
>>
>>37278265

Shut the fuck up Whore.
>>
>>37278265
since yousound like the most adorable girl ever i guess even tho the pretty ones do get shy or nervous.

Literally go up and talk to him like he was one of your best friends and talk to him normally with a compliment
>"hey you have really nice legs, i was just wondering if you were single maybe?"
>wait for reply.
>if taken say "thats okay hope you enjoy your workout" smile and walk away.
>if single say wondering if i could maybe have your number if you're interested.

works for me all the time with chicks. when i can bother with them.
>>
>>37278265

Why does everyone on this board sound like they have fucking learning disabilities
>>
>>37278301
LOL I thought the same thing. I don't know why Asian Americans have their own accent. Unless they were raised by Americans.
>>
>>37278394
Really? Sounds like a teenage male attempting to sound like a chick.
>>
Hey OP why do you want this guy so much? Post his pic so we can know what women like.
>>
>>37278265
idk, you sound ugly. Post a pic.
>>
>>37278265
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1YImQ1rsXDr
100% dude.
>>
>>37278116
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>37278265
these guys are all fucking retarded. it isn't complicated.

what do you do when you first meet someone?
you introduce yourself.

smile at the guy as you walk up to him, extend your fucking clit-flicking hand, and greet him. tell him your unholy name and that you've seen him around, just wanted to say hi. MAYBE say something along the lines of calling on him for a spot if you're in need, but keep it casual.

don't just go up and ask if he wants sum fuk. i mean, if you want to get laid like that take it to a bar. if you want to initiate conversation then be an adult and go say hi. he'll either get it or he won't (hint: he'll get it, but if he isn't interested he'll never speak to you again...gasp, go fucking figure, right?)
>>
>>37278265
You sound like a prepubescent boy but if he's into paedophilia he might find it cute.
Just tell him, hey wanna fuck? No sane man will ever reject a pussy
>>
Every single guy likes to be approached by cute girls. Assuming that you're cute.
Cut to the chase and just talk to him.
>>
>>37278040
>Best way to approach guy at gym?
Hey, do you want to go out.
>>
>>37278265
>stuffy nose
>happy
sounds cute
gl

>mfw ill be spending another night alone
>>
Slip him a note indicating you want him to finger pop your hiney-hole.
>>
>>37278265
where are you from?
>>
>>37278040

When they're doing squats or deadlifts come up behind them and goose them. That will definitely get their attention.
>>
>>37278040

OP, I study psychology and sociology and what these people are saying is essentially correct.

If you want to approach him, simply walk up to him, smile, say you have seen him around and ask if he would like to go out sometime (don't just say get coffee, that is often confused as just being friendly, which may give him the wrong idea). Men especially appreciate when women (or other men) take the ambiguity out of these situations, they also really enjoy when the other person takes the lead, as it takes the pressure off of them.

Lastly, a gym is not the ideal place for such things, so if he stammers or seems confused, don't get upset. Simply say, "think about it and let me know." It might take him up to a day or two to figure out what happened and what he should say.

Good luck OP
>>
>>37279313
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>37278163
Isn't this actually how it works as a guy too? lol fucking cucks man, when will they lean
>>
>>37278329
NY?
>>
>>37278593
it doesn't mean it can't be distracting or uncomfortable at the same time. maybe it's just me, but i wouldn't want to be approached at a gym when my mind is on lifting. it's a solo sport, so to speak, and talking to people just takes my head out of the game. you should wait until someone is heading for the showers or the exit
>>
File: 1458673152159.jpg (122 KB, 1025x713) Image search: [Google]
1458673152159.jpg
122 KB, 1025x713
>>37278096
>just bee yojrself!!1!11!11@
Lmao the "after-spot" it's the most awkward shit.
>spot (or get spot by) some guy
>interchange pleasantries
>talk about lifting for a bit
>change, go home
>literally never talk to him or see him ever again
>or I do see him, but neither of us initiates greeting
Just
>>
depends on how hot you are if your 8/10+ you dont need to make much of an effort like open the door talk ect shit and he will talk to you
>>
>>37278040
Let him work out in peace. He's probably trying to get ripped to get noticed by a girl he likes.
>>
File: arnold.png (180 KB, 514x353) Image search: [Google]
arnold.png
180 KB, 514x353
>>37278116
Fuck off, this is a homo board
>>
>>37278040
Everything is circumstantial you just need to-

Ugh this is 4chan and you're autistic. Here's a play-by-play on how normal people do it.

>If you make eye contact with him smile warmly, play with your hair etc.
>If he doesn't approach you it's not a crime for you to approach him.
>If you can think of some small talk to make/question to ask that makes it obvious you're just trying to talk to him do that. If he's not too autistic he will pick up the hint and carry the conversation.
>If nothing comes to mind just approach, smile and introduce yourself (you can extend your hand if you like if it makes you more comfortable)
>If at any point he doesn't reciprocate and seems like he wants to be left alone pull out.
>If he is reciprocating/smiling/talking back you can either keep small talking or ask for his number/ask him on a date directly.
>If you keep talking and starts getting awkward you can pull out and try again later.
>Greet him warmly next time you see him/walk past, keep trying to get back into conversation. You have lifting in common so you can always talk about that.
etc.
>>
File: c09.png (40 KB, 200x156) Image search: [Google]
c09.png
40 KB, 200x156
>tfw I'll probably never date a fit guy due to being a tall and handsome guy but not wanting to bulk up
>>
>>37280984
Why is it so difficult for you to stay in your containment board? Why do you have to make every thread about your stupid little identity that you feel makes you a super special snowflake?
>>
File: Abuctonator.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Abuctonator.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>37278040
>Sit on this machine opposite to him
>Move the machine there if needed
>Hold eyecontact without blinking
>Let your grunts of extertion grow into moans of pleasure as you feel more and more blood fill your abductors rep after rep after rep
>>
Hey guys im a sperg who is now fit. Can someone give me a verbatim and non autistic way to approach a girl in a public place and ask for a number?
>>
Fit plz
>>
>>37278446
are you new?
>>
>>37278040

If you're a girl, and not fat, literally all you have to do is walk up and say "Hi, want to have sex?" Literally as long as they aren't married or gay or something, and you're not fat, you're in.

If you're fat, then just don't. Focus on yourself for awhile, lose weight, THEN go approach guys.

If you're a homo, then just don't. It will be awkward as hell and there's a good chance you'll get beaten up. There are apps, special bars, etc. for your kind.
>>
> no body wakes up and thinks "gosh, i really hope i dont get swept off my feet today"

just approach you faggot
>>
File: 1449433711506.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1449433711506.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>37278040
Well since we know op is a fag, I would say the best way to approach a guy at the gym would be to ask if he needs a spot when he's benching or when he's showering.

Soap isn't a good lube btw desu senpai
>>
>>37282460
>>all you have to do is walk up and say "Hi, want to have sex?"

I agree with your overall point; however, if a girl came up to me and said this, I think I'd be more likely to think it's a trick or some kind of prank.
>>
File: yes.jpg (98 KB, 418x434) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
98 KB, 418x434
>>37278265
Listen, little baby.
You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are, you hear me, sugar?
PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve Everything and Anything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking about you hurting
>>
>>37281430
>hey my names (insert your name), i know this is a little forward but i couldnt help notice you and was wondering what your number is/if you wanted to get some coffee/etc
>>
>>37278394
>being this desperate
>>
If he seems like he could use some water from his work out ask him if he would like to suck the moisture off your piss flaps instead :) problem solved... You're welcom
>>
>>37278265
trap, gl hf getting denied
>>
>>37278265
definitely a trap
>>
>>37278116
Get out whore
>>
>>37278040
>Best way to approach guy at gym?
You don't. The only time I want someone talking to me at the gym is if they're asking for a spot, or offering one, or they have a quick idea for a different weight lifting exercise. Other than that, leave me alone.
>>
>>37280732
I remember that video holy shit.
>>
>>37278040
Hey boy, you a spelunker? Cause I got a cave that needs exploring
>>
>>37278116
literally go up to him and tell him you think he's attractive and ask him to get lunch somewhere.

Fuck I wish I was a grill
>>
Most of the people on this board are homosexuals or social autismos, you shouldn't come to us for advice about these sorts of things. Generally though just walking up and introducing yourself works if they have any interest in you.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.