[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recovery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: bWO8iiQ.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
bWO8iiQ.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1200
How do you take care of your muscles and joints?

What do you do for the health and maintenance of your muscles ?

How often do you lift and how often do you stretch, foam roll ?

Do you have a stretching or mobility routine?

I'm so tired of injuries and being sore and I am slowly coming to the conclusion that maybe lifting heavy weights is not the end of all and that there is more to having a good, healthy body.
>>
by not being stupid

ummm i work out and eat right

5 days a week, 0, 0

no

ok so what?
>>
Foam rolling, static and dynamic stretches before exercise

Plyometrics for warm-up

Add weight to the bar in small increments until you reach your working weight

Static stretches and foam rolling post-workout

Good quality sleep for CNS recovery, napping, electrolytes

Swimming is good for recovery too
>>
>>37275983
Why do you write like a 6 year old?
>>
>>37275997
cause your thread doesn't interest me enough to give a shit
>>
File: images (8).jpg (20 KB, 552x266) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
20 KB, 552x266
Oldfag (35) reporting in.

Currently doing high volume
4 days 10x10@50%

Pretty physical job which sucks badly if I'm sore.
My routine is contrast showers 3x3mins hot 1 min cold.

30 mins general stretching, foam rolling, yoga, mobility in the morning.

Make time to stretch really well several times a day during work.

Another 20-30 mins before bed of more targeted mobility stuff using foam roller, muscle mate, supernova, and Matt Vincent's Max mobility sleeve. Really finding the aches and working em out.

It's a fair bit but it keeps me feeling pain free and limber.
>>
>>37276012
Do you have some mobility routine in general or do you work on anything that feels tight ?
>>
>>37276031
Morning is just a general effort, that's why the yoga moves as they're pretty lazy and easy to warm up with. Try and open up all the major joints like shoulders and hips and give everything a good stretch.
It's in the evenings that I target my trouble areas. I've got terrible calves and hammies so they always get some attention but my upper body is usually pretty good. Hip flexors are another trouble zone for me.

Basically set some time aside and look for something that hurts, you'll know what is most applicable to your body and work outside.
Accessibility is a big thing too. I've got a big toy box of mobility stuff in the lounge room that I use while watching tv. If it wasn't there I probably wouldn't think to go get it and use it.

Forgot to mention before, get adequate sleep!
>>
I hurt my lower back about two months ago and the recovery isn't really happening. I suspect I might have sciatica/ and or spinal disc herniation as the pain radiates clearly through my right leg. Problem areas in the right side are lower back, buttock, quad and hamstring. Pain is majorly right side dominant, but I can feel it in my left lower back as well sometimes but it doesn't ever radiate through left leg.

What are some good rehab exercises I can do in the gym for lower back? Even bench press makes the pain worse now if I make slightest arch. I've got appointment to doctor but it takes several weeks before I can see him. Any help and tips are appreciated.
>>
snort cocaine
> repeat
>>
I stretch every day and foam roll every second day. Foam roll beforehand if I know I'm doing something that requires extra mobility. I can't get into rack position to save my life so I have to roll my triceps and lats beforehand.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.