[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Fitness: Pack Marching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 45fi82502.jpg (49 KB, 799x571) Image search: [Google]
45fi82502.jpg
49 KB, 799x571
Any mil fitizens here want to give advice for getting better at long marches with heavy loads? I absolutely suck at stomping, or rucking as you Americans call it. It shits me to no end seeing cunts who I regularly smoke in PT and weight training over take me with ease on long marches. They even manage to have conversations and laugh while I can barely keep my head up and breath. I have good cardiovascular endurance but as soon as Im weighed down it goes out the window. What can I do to improve it? Its obviously not a cardio vascular problem. Where does the key strength lie?
>>
>>37275897
Do it more than them
>>
>>37275906
Ill get injured. Ive already started getting knee pain and Ive only been in 6 months.

Is it all in the legs? Ill admit I do neglect my legs in the gym.
>>
>>37275935

Don't neglect your legs in gym silly. If you squatted 5 plate your knees would be stronger for handling yomping
>>
Finland here, I was in finnish border rangers (lrrp operations) and the single best exercise for increased marching stamina for me was running with additional weights in backpack (started with 10kg to 20kg right before entering service) at hilly environment. It got me to level where I could keep up with the training.
>>
>>37275897
it's pretty much will power. Squatting and any other heavy lifts will help but really it's just being able to put your head down and keep going
>>
Cunt there are programs pti's write up to get your prepared for PES.

Stomp once a week, eg week 1 5km, 28kg. Week 2 8km 28kg. Week 3 5km 35kg etc.

Also, genetics. Lanklets with longer stride length will always be better than manlets. Big guys (4u) are carrying less of their total bodyweight than lighter guys, and as such, find it easier.

Do not load up your pack and run in boots unless you want to take the scenic route to snap city. A better option would be lots of hills.

Remember to tape your feet or wear 2 pairs of socks or both. Pre loading with paracetamol and / or ibuprofen can also help. Magnesium / sports drinks / gel goo shit cyclists eat all helps too, and stayint hydrated is super important.

Alternatively, unless you are training for SF, quit your stupid fucking green job before you jaded AF and are too broken to do anything else.
>>
>>37275989
Squatting 5plate does fucking nothing for a military man, if anything it just blocks you from being in better shape for the military
>>
>>37275897
Do core stability excersises to protect your back.

Adjust your backpack

Train your whole body in the gym

Get good boots

Try running with heavy weights in your backpack as noten before.

Also try to get your mind of. It is mostly mental.
>>
http://www.strongfirst.com/how-to-ruck/
>>
>>37276150
This
just imagine you are a legionnaire or something cool and keep walking
When will you learn It's all about pretending ?? You can be this guy, just fake it first for a while
>>
Ik the feeling OP

>10th Mountain
>can't ruck for shit
>>
File: Snapchat-8959366853411897715.jpg (904 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8959366853411897715.jpg
904 KB, 1440x2560
>>37276187
This

Unless you are inf or going for sf you really dont need to be good at stomping, all males regardless of corp should be atleast able to do the combat pes.
>>
If you like your Gym OP. Then follow this advice.

You now have a new warm-up before you start lifting at the gym. Go the treadmill, set the incline to max. Then set your pace to 5 or 5.5. Then walk for 1km.

This is now your new warmup. It might not sound hard...but wait until you try it.
After you've been doing this for two weeks, then set your speed to 6.

Failing this, what I did to make pack marching easy was to run 30-40km a week. I did a 7.5km run in under 35 minutes 5-6 times a week. It made any endurance shit I did in the army a piece of cake. If you can manage this, then YOU will be that cunt that smiles at the poor sods next to you that are struggling while pack marching.

Also, just do more stomping.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.