[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much validity is there to tongue posture and facial aest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: 1459130928328.jpg (129 KB, 1100x550) Image search: [Google]
1459130928328.jpg
129 KB, 1100x550
How much validity is there to tongue posture and facial aesthetics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8

Mike Mew's reasoning seems pretty sound and all, but him and his father seem to be the only ones who have anything to say on the matter.
>>
>>37270081
Just fucking try it.
It's been proven to work by countless people.
It's not like he's selling you anything, you don't have to buy something, it's free.
Chew this gum like a madman and do the tongue on the roof of your mouth trick.
I saw improvements and been doing it since March.

http://www.amazon.com/Falim-100-Chewing-Gum-Damla-Sakizli/dp/B005GR1WO0?ie=UTF8&keywords=falim%20gum&qid=1463957439&ref_=sr_1_1_a_it&sr=8-1
>>
>>37270248

I'm not bashing it. I just want some discussion instead of shitpost memes

>I saw improvements and been doing it since March.

Describe said improvements
>>
i've been mewing for 1 month now and my jaw line seem sharper (tongue not resting at the bottom so no turkey neck). other than that not much facial changes.

what i'm really impressed by is how my nose is now longer blocked (usually had one side always blocked) so no more beconase.

>>37270248
thanks for posting that
>>
>>37270383
>i've been mewing for 1 month now
kek'd
>>
>>37270248
just brought some gum

thank you for your post

unless your a turkish gum sales man
>>
>>37270475
I'm not, saw the post on r9k.
Gum tastes like rubber, but it's hard.
The first month my mouth was sore as fuck I could barely chew food.
Now I can fit three of those bad boys in my mouth and chew them with force for hours.
My cheeks are more indented and look better.
And my jawline is literally sharper, under-bite is nearly gone (doing the tongue trick all day).
>>
Maybe one of you mewer fuckers can help me with this. I get the whole "tongue on the roof of your mouth" thing, but the part that trips me up is the teeth touching part. Are your molars supposed to be touching with your front top teeth overlapping the bottoms, or do you let your top teeth touch and leave a small gap between your molars? I have an overbite, so it's one or the other at this point
>>
someone give a tl;dr on what this is? I'm not watching an hour long conference
>>
File: After Left.jpg (123 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
After Left.jpg
123 KB, 1600x1066
>>37270509
Relax your mouth so stress is delivered as evenly as possible.
You want your front teeth to align perfectly.
>>
>>37270081
I've been doing it for about a year, i was skeptical, but i've actually seen some improvements.
>>
>>37270527
I think I get you, so try to keep the fronts touching? also, letting the backs touch lets me clinch my jaw, which I figured would help with masseter development. Do you think my time would be better spent clinching or chewing some of that gum?
>>
>>37270583
Chew gum, then clench when you're not.
I chew about 4 gums a day for a bout an hour each.
Then clench all the time when I am conscious of it.
>>
>>37270554
Keep mewing it brah
>>
>>37270609
Now I'm kind of confused. when I clinch my jaw, my bottom front teeth end up overlapped by my top fronts, leaving them touching the backs of the top teeth somewhere near where they meet my gums. I feel like, in order to get the bottoms aligned with the tops, I need to consciously attend to keeping the bottoms in a lower, closer-to-alignment position, but this eliminates the possibility of clinching. should I keep trying to align the fronts and let the facial changes brought by the tongue positioning bring the rest of my face into alignment, or clinch for better masseter development?
>>
So, basically, I'm lucky to never have gotten teeth pulled out apart from my baby teeth, and always having teeth my teeth clenched, tongue on the roof of my mouth, and remembering to chew a lot? My face seems relatively short and my jaw is straightforward with a decently visible line. I'm just wondering if there's more I need to pay attention to.
>>
>>37271049
Oh, and dark whole-grain bread is also common here. Guess that's another factor.
>>
Holy shit.
>>
I think I want to start doing this, particularly chewing the tough gum. I have seen some gain from some other facial exercises. However, I have mild chronic jaw pain and my jaw clicks a lot. I'm pretty sure that's because my tendons are a bit messed up. When I chew gum a lot, it can ache pretty badly, for something I assume most people can do without pain. But other than that it hasn't really affected my life much so I haven't looked into having it fixed surgically.

Will those issues be good reasons not to do this? Or will heavy chewing still improve my face a bit? I've always wanted a squarer jaw and more defined cheekbones.
>>
I got rid of my underbite this way it does work but you don't see imorovements for months so keep at it and it jist becomes natural.
>>
do you guys keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth WHILE chewing gum?
>>
What gum are you talking about? I'm trying to find it in the video but it's an hour long.
>>
>>37273532
>>37270248
>>
>>37270081
But what good is all this if you are already past the growth stage? Say like when you are in your 30s?
>>
>>37273645
Because it still works.
Bones don't stop healing when you age.
We are malleable, just takes longer as you get older.
>>
>>37270248
Would you reccomend buying it?
>>
File: weall.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
weall.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>37270383
>what i'm really impressed by is how my nose is now longer blocked (usually had one side always blocked)

Fucking this, I have DNS and I was seriously thinking in fix that shit with surgery, some anon posted and explained all the mike mew thing and I improved my maxillofacial health since then, /fit/ helping you out in every way
>>
File: static.png (106 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
static.png
106 KB, 1080x1080
Sometimes I forget that there are completely hopeless fags on /fit/, then a thread like this happens. I just browsed this poor youtube channel and was amazed what people will believe. Is this how living with autism is? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>37273779
Nvm ships only to US
>>
>>37273850
here's the (You) you seem to so desperately need
>>
File: Chae-Identical-Twin-Graphic.jpg (102 KB, 426x600) Image search: [Google]
Chae-Identical-Twin-Graphic.jpg
102 KB, 426x600
>>37273850
>Sometimes I forget that there are completely hopeless fags on /fit/, then a thread like this happens. I just browsed this poor youtube channel and was amazed what people will believe. Is this how living with autism is? I'm genuinely curious.

yes, its dark magic you halfwitted baboon.
>>
>>37273867
I'm not even trolling. Seriously this is such a worthless thing to worry about. What normal human being pays attention to this?
>>
>>37273882
I'm not bashing the science just that it's laughable to care this much about your lower jaw. You shouldn't have this much low self-esteem and it is really sad that a lot of people feel this way. That's what I was pointing out.
>>
>>37270081
What exactly is he saying you can fix just by tongue posture? Does it lengthen your jaw or something? I wish my face was more egg-shaped, will it fix that?
>>
>>37273913
It's honestly maybe 1-2 hours of research and then chewing gum and making a conscious effort to look less like a mouthbreather . I don't think that is extensive as far as effort is involved for something as critical as your face, especially considering both of us are choosing to spend our time on the fitness board of the internet's asshole.
>>
>>37273953
I'll give you that, also I'm sure you look alright and are beating yourself up too much over your face. I get it though and wish you the best.
>>
>>37273967
Even if someone looks alright, they can look better with minimal conscious effort, and it'll make you avoid health issues
>>
>>37270081
Hey /fit/ jaw question.

I woke up yesterday and I had this pain when chewing on my molar teeth on the right side, it shoots into the right side of my jaw up to my ear.
I had this before but I want to get rid of it, does anyone else get this from time to time? It didn't go away overnight and I hate it, it's not terrible but it's damn uncomfortable.
>>
>>37270527

I dont think you want the teeth to be perfectly lined up, the pics teeth are actually pretty well formed. The lower jaw front teeth should be touching the upper front ones from the back
>>
>>37273884
Better life gains
>>
>>37272390
>>37273532
>>37273779

ATTENTION MOTHERFUCKERS:

Guys keep in mind that chewing hard gum alone will do NOTHING for your jaw/cheeks/chin.

These facial attributes are entirely determined by the position of your maxilla.
Chewing gum has another purpose, it does NOT move your maxilla forward and up (which is the most important thing).

Tongue on the roof of your mouth + pressure (seen someone saying you will have faster progress if you apply force) is THE MOST important thing.
>>
>>37276561
It does give you that square jaw look from the front.

http://looksmaxxer.com/jawline-improvement/
>>
>>37270248
>since March.
That's just hypertrophy gains if anything. For the other stuff to work in adults and in really limited way, you need years and years of doing his excersises. At least that's my understanding of this stuff. Still, it doesn't cost anything so you might as well. One of main factors improving your face with time is said to be better posture, so that alone is worth doing.
>>
>>37270506
how many gums do you chew a day?
>>
>>37273852
You can buy it from german ebay for 8 euros and free shipping to european countries.
>>
File: ed.gif (568 KB, 495x371) Image search: [Google]
ed.gif
568 KB, 495x371
>>37276882
lol first pic looks like Ed from Ed, Edd, and Eddy
>>
>>37276882
Are you serious or trolling? please don't fool your fellow /fit/izen. That would be an awesome progress if real, but I don't think it's possible with that orthotropic stuff.
>>
>>37277021

surgery is the way forward
>>
>>37276847
It doesn't matter, just get your masseter muscles sore.
>>
>>37277067
Also don't overtrain them like any other muscle.

The reason people get bruxism, TMJ and shit is because they don't let it recover.
>>
File: v17a15f01.jpg (28 KB, 381x451) Image search: [Google]
v17a15f01.jpg
28 KB, 381x451
>>37277088
A third point I wanna add is make sure you chew gum on both sides of your teeth, otherwise you develop muscle imbalances.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.