[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzNzIxNzUxMDUy.jpg (249 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzNzIxNzUxMDUy.jpg
249 KB, 1200x1200
Since the sticky seems to be a meme what are some good starting routines?
>>
>>37268668

Sean 10mms Stripped 5x5

In other words, the one in the Sticky.
>>
>>37268668
read the sticky
>>
Ask your local crossfit gym.
>>
just wander around the gym and do what other people are doing
>>
File: 1452179878602.jpg (48 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
1452179878602.jpg
48 KB, 627x626
>>37268668
>>
I'm considering adding dumbells to my routine. But my issue is, they seem to be pretty expensive no matter how you cut it.

Buy a new set of weights when you go up, or buy some second hand bowflex select weights for like 2-300 dollars.

I'm guessing I could find a weight I can do 3x5 with now for most exercises and just increase reps/sets, but that only gets you so far, right?
>>
What does /fit/ think of EMS?

Is it good?
>>
>>37268668
Read the sticky you dumb fuck
>>
>>37268754

Yes.

Was there really any other answer to this?
>>
>>37268838
I guess I'm asking that I'm really cheap, and I want to add dumbells to my routine, but I don't even know if it's really worth it to do so. Should I? Or should I stick to Barbell/body-weight.
>>
>>37268851

For what muscle group?
Have you considered other options, like a resistance band?
>>
File: 130.jpg (98 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
130.jpg
98 KB, 720x960
im only 18 and this is my face
I have no idea what these deep fucking wrinkles are coming from
especially on my cheekbones

help meeeeeeee
>>
>>37268754
Buy adjustable ones, plates are cheap as fuck
>>
>>37268878
You're not drinking enough water, you also need to start moisturizing your goddamn face. SPF is also important.
>>
So im trying to loose weight but im not sure if my diet is good.
Im 192cm @100kg
>Breakfast
half a cup oats with a cup milk and a tbspn honey
>Lunch
1/3 Cup rice, 1 cup brocolli and some sort of meat, usually minced beef or chicken breas 1? cup
>Snack
Fruit of some sort usually banana or apple
>Dinner
heres wheres my biggest insecurity, i usally eat an omlette out of 3 egs or a oats a second time.

got any tips ?
>>
>>37268921
I drink like 6 big glasses of water a dag and I moisturize both morning and night
>>
>>37268928
just track your calories using myfitnesspal senpai
>>
I know this has been asked a million times but it's been several months since I've been on /fit/ so I forgot the answer.

My friends organized a last minute trip to the beach that's happening in 2 weeks. How much weight could I realistically lose without taking DNP or shit like that, assuming I work out daily and eat very lean?

I'm currently 190lbs, and have a lot of fat around my waist (probably 15 lbs away from visible abs)
>Pic is when I was 200 but still look similar
>>
>>37268961
By workout I mean 1hr of cardio & 30m-1hr lifting per day
>>
>>37268961
not enough to be noticeable
>>
>>37268961
Eat nothing. Do 2-3 hours of cardio a day. Kill yourself.
>>
>>37268961
that's a pretty cool scar
>>
>>37268961
Get on dat dere keto
>>
>>37268998
Thanks for your constructive input
>>
>>37268961

Realistic answer,

You can lose maybe 4-5lbs in that period without tearing into your muscle mass.

In no shape or form are you going to notice an aesthetic difference in two weeks. You're at least 2 months hard cutting away from that.
>>
Can I improve my chest by just doing push ups?
>>
>>37268981
>>37269061
Yeah that's what I figured. Still it won't hurt to get off my ass and start making progress again.
>>37269019
Thanks mang, unfortunately the plate in my collarbone is really killing my lifts.
>He fell for the motorcycle meme
>>
File: IMG_20160522_215557133.jpg (2 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160522_215557133.jpg
2 MB, 2340x4160
What would fix my thin biceps? Would hammer curls help?
>>
>>37269091

Yes. But progress will be slow. Be sure to do variations with wide grip that target your pecs. Also, take two chairs and do dips. Youtube for instructions.
>>
I'm having problems with my lifts because my left arm starts failing at me when my right one can do a couple more reps. I mostly notice this with big shoulder involvement lifts.

tl:dr my left shoulder is weaker than my right one

what do? consider I work on a construction job and I'm right handed

thank you anons you're awesome for helping
>>
>>37269157

I'd say you might have bad genetics for biceps, so it's just gonna take longer than usual. You look skinny all over tho, so why are you surprised that your biceps are too?

There's no specific movement in your case. Just work out your biceps. Chins, barbell rows and preacher curls are what I do.
>>
File: 1460151591417.jpg (37 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
1460151591417.jpg
37 KB, 340x480
what fat burner works?
>>
File: Sara Alemanno 75kg C&J.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sara Alemanno 75kg C&J.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>37268668

http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs
>>
>>37269177

Have you tried isolating the arms with dumbbels and trying to probe for weaknesses that way?
>>
Not QTDDTOT, just needed to vent somewhere

Was looking to try something new at the grocery store, so bought some aloe vera juice. Drank a litre of it, now I'm pissing out my asshole

Turns out aloe vera juice is a laxative lol
>>
>>37269157
Maybe just go lifting.
>>
>>37269179
Thanks, it's just a bit weird when your biceps only get longer and it looks disproportionate to the rest of your arm. Thanks
>>
>>37269179
>There's no specific movement in your case. Just work out your biceps. Chins, barbell rows and preacher curls are what I do.
ignore this troll.he does 3 exercises for the biceps and zero for the radiobrachialis.
you need to do chinups and hammer grip curls and you'll be fine.
>>
>>37269201

Caffeine pre-workout. Thats it, the rest is snake oil.
>>
>>37269223

I do chins with neutral grip, you dumbie. Besides, all those workouts hit the entire bicep and brachialis.
Doing isolations when you are a novice lifter is time wasted that could be spent doing compounds that do equal growth to arms and back.
Studies have shown that lifters that do for instance lateral pulldowns see muscle growth to biceps equal to those that do isolations.
>>
I run about 1.5 miles every morning on a trail that features some uphill/downhill action, will this build my leg muscle or just tone?
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 547x465
I'm currently doing this routine with ab and arm days on my rest days.
>>
>>37269216
nope

is it gonna work tho? I feel like by doing this I'm just gonna overwork my left arm and end up injured or some shit. Maybe should I reduce my lifting volume while doing this?
>>
>>37269267

Ok.
>>
>>37268668

just start training anon, learn the proper form for most machines and basic lifts. Spend a month or so getting your form down with a weight you can handled for 12-15 reps per set. At this point you will grow regardless of what program youre doing so just hit the gym, isolate a section of your body each day and then decide which program is best for you depending on your goals.

I do split days (back/chest, shoulders/triceps etc)

I find this method to be the best because I can train the muscle groups as soon as they are fully recovered, this optimizes workload and recovery time to ensure maximum anabolic effect
>>
>go climbing
>next day have leg doms

What kind of fuckery is this? i thought i had strong legs and now they are smashed from an activity mostly using upper body strength? What is going on?
>>
>>37269300

What I meant was, if you switch it out for dumbbells, you'd notice when your left side gives out and could get an accurate measurement of how much weaker your left side is.
>>
What are some good workout apps? Looking for something to randomize a body-weight workout, or just random daily workouts in-general.
>>
>>37268961

>last minute trip
>happening in 2 weeks

pick 9-8
>>
How long should I take to transition from a 350+ calorie surplus, to a 400 calorie deficit?

Would decreasing by 150 calorie every half week be too fast?
>>
>>37269247
>I do chins with neutral grip, you dumbie
literally the most useless variation.
>Besides, all those workouts hit the entire bicep and brachialis.
nope,i did the same for years and in the end i could curl 25kgx6 concentration curl and only 18kgx6 hammer grip. strict form ofcourse not swinging paladin crossfiterino shit.
>>
>>37269318

>mostly upper body

I've climbed exactly once in my life and even I know thats not true. Besides it could just be that your leg muscles got targeted in ways they havent been in awhile. Enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>37269318
>climbing
>mostly using upper body strength
its 70% legs and 30% abs back and forearms.
>>
>>37269347

Nice anecdotal evidence, I think Ill go with the study, thanks tho.
>>
>>37269357
enjoy your no radiobrachialis gains brah
>>
>>37269323
lol sorry man, english is not my native language

I have a pretty good deal of accesories with dumbbells added to my compound lifts

I mostly notice this when I do incline dumbbell press and dumbbell shoulder press, and as I said my right arm can generally push through 2-3 more reps, while my left one just gives up. I obviously don't continue with my right arm, when my left one fails I stop, but I indeed tested this.

any tips?
>>
>>37269376

Do you know how I know you're new to lifting?

You're still stuck in the "my way or no way" mind set. Neutral grip is fine and is a good bridge between chins and pullups.
>>
>>37269340
>NEET/collegefag detected
>>
>>37269399
>Neutral grip is fine and is a good bridge between chins and pullups.
more like its an easy grip so fatties do it because they can't do dead hang pullups.
>>
>>37269390

My tip is dont worry about it.
You dont need to go to failure to get gains. your left side will catch up. Just be sure to do equal number of reps for each side.

If it doesnt work out, I suppose you could try to lower your weight and spread it out over several days. So do 3x10 (or whatever) for 3 days instead of 2, but with less weights. This is just a suggestion tho, I have no idea if itll work in theory. But it is a way to practice your routine more often.
>>
>>37269414

>easy grip
Harder is not always better, since its all about peogressive overload. 8 reps of chins will yield the same muscle activation as 12 reps of pullups,
>>
For howlong it is safe to say above 10% bodyfat?

Am i going to die if i keep it for too long?
>>
>>37269448
> 8 reps of chins will yield the same muscle activation as 12 reps of pullups,
they won't achieve the same muscle activation nor the same CNS benefits.and you need to do both for a complete back/bicep/forearm workout.
>>
Recommened /fit/ sauce for chicken and brown rice?
>>
File: Alexander_the_Great_Bust.jpg (100 KB, 446x576) Image search: [Google]
Alexander_the_Great_Bust.jpg
100 KB, 446x576
>>37268668

Is conquering the Persian empire a decent routine?
>>
>>37269435
much appreciated, this is quite comforting to read

thanks bro
>>
New to lifting here so I hope this question isn't too dumb:

When you seem to be inbetween weights sets as in you can do the full excercise fairly easily on the lower weight, but the next step up you fail on several sets but can get some sets in, what should you do? Continue with the lower weight or try and ease yourself into the higher weights? I'm just concerned that failing sets on a higher weight would be less beneficial than just sticking with the lower weight for longer.
>>
>>37269479
>listening to a slut in a party and burning down the biggest city you ever conquered
>dying from poison at a young age like a bitch
>having your culture usurped by gypsy albanian slavs 1700 years laters
not even once
>>
>>37269459

Incorrect,
They will all three yield strength gains in your arms. What matters is progressive overload. Neutral grip is a good bridge between the more bicep focused pull up and lateral focused chin.

If you disagree, by all means but just by googling it, every single fucking hit backs me up so I dont even know why Im bothering with this.

Enjoy your broscience.
>>
>>37269344

I just jump right into it. Maybe eat at maintenance for a day or so. I've never had any problems doing that.
>>
>>37269524
> good bridge between the more bicep focused pull up and lateral focused chin.
except its literally the other way around.
chinups focus more on your biceps.
please turn off your router and go read some anatomy book by a proper writer.
>>
>>37269518

Persepolis wasn't the biggest city, and he didn't conquer it. The Persians occupants fled when he was on the march.

Can't help being poisoned. Meanwhile you'll die in bed at 70 attended by a fat black nurse and your anime love pillows.
>>
>>37269459
>>37269524

HAVING SAID THAT,

Mixing things up is never bad. So mixing grips between workouts is a good idea.
>>
Not OP, but legit question. If you're on a cut are ab exercises worth the time if you're a recover fatty, like over 20% bf. I know its such a small muscle group. Would my time be better spent doing other compound exercises?
>>
Not supposed to do any lifting overhead while standing because of curved spine, is seated ohp still good?
>>
>>37269542

Chinup = palms facing away
Pullup = palms facing toward you

I know some claim the contrary, but stop being an autist, you know what I mean. Your post adds nothing of value except you trying to be a wiseass about it,
>>
>>37269218
You drank way, way, way too much. I usually drink a shotglass worth to get rid of really bad stomach aches.
>>
My knees hurt and grind line shit during squats. I had osteochindrosis dissecans(partially dead bones) and surgery. Any exercise to substitute squats?
>>
>>37269575

Do plank x 3. Only takes 5-6 minutes extra. Besides, you should always train as if to make gains on a cut.

>>37269576
A viable option for many.
>>
Can I please get some good PPL routines? Im looking for aesthetics above strength. Thanks.
>>
>>37269577
chinup = palms facing towards you
pullup = palms faving away from you
come back when you can do 15 pullups.
>>
>>37269618
I'm with the guy. Chins face you, pull ups face away, neutral/hammer palms face each other.
>>
>>37269618

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_(exercise)

Third paragraph.
Both names are viable. Now fuck off or contribute.
>>
If I get 2 hours nap at midday does that mean I need only 6 hours sleep at night (instead of 8)?
>>
>>37269652

If its a one-time thing, dont worry about it at all.
>>
>>37269646
>wikipedia
here,have a real source autistic kiddy

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWUnderhandChinup.html

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWPullup.html
>>
File: 1463480275796.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463480275796.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
masturbate.
>>
>>37269524

Chin ups have higher bicep activation than pull ups.

http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/pull-up-vs-chin-up-a-comparison-and-analysis
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 800x800
>>37269676

>>
>just ate a roasted chicken sandwich from Wawa
>can't fine the nutritional info for it, not even on their website

Fuck, what do?
>>
>>37269707
>Fuck, what do?
move on with your life,a roasted chicken sandwich never hurt anyone.just count it as 400 calories and move on.
>>
>>37269661
Not really a one off thing, I often take midday naps for 1-2 hours. Was wondering whether it meant I could shave off those hours at night.

I.e. Does amount of hours spent sleeping at night matter or the amount of hours spent sleeping in total (whenever)?
>>
I'm still a novice when it comes to lifting, been lifting serouisly for about 6 months. I don't understand how cutting works or how to do it. My baby gains are really coming in to where people are noticing now but I want to get more cut but have no idea how to do it, tried Googleing couldn't find a straight forward answer
>>
>>37268928

You're probably going to lose weight with that. But you arent getting enough protein unless your meat serving at lunch is huge.
>>
>>37269214
I've seen so many of these go wrong in humor threads i was clenching my buttcheeks the entire time
>>
>>37269771
Eat 300-500 calories under your TDEE, get 1g of protein per lb of bw and train the same. Keep going till happy.
>>
>>37269796
> get 1g of protein per lb of bw
more like 1.5g of protein per kg
>>
>>37268668
Can someones post a begginer routine for calisthenics, it is good?
>>
Does anyone have any advice on how to stick to a schedule? I was doing okay for about a month but I fell off the bandwagon hard and keep falling off sense. Also, where can I find a decent bodyweight program?
>>
>>37268928
swap out fruit for something with less sugar and carbs. Nothing wrong with a fruit by itself, but in my experience it's not very filling. Something with protein will do you good, jerky or just a protein bar.

here's a great youtube video for how much protein to get in a day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-KBZ579Mao
>>
>>37269335
for iPhone, 7M Workout and Sworkit are pretty great.

I used 7M Workout semi-regularly for months before I could get a gym membership, and I still use it as a fun challenge when I'm bored. GUI is super simple as well.

Sworkit has a few more options to customize, and I hear lots of good things about it. Definitely allows more focus.
>>
>>37269929
if you have a smartphone, set an alarm to go off on the weekdays you want to work out.

If you're using an app to work out, it may have an option to send you notifications at a certain time.
>>
>>37269929
make time for it, set up a routine.
>>
File: received_10153782432704097.jpg (16 KB, 651x510) Image search: [Google]
received_10153782432704097.jpg
16 KB, 651x510
What workouts can you do every single day (with maybe one rest day)? Are there negative effects to working a muscle everyday?

I was thinking of dumbell curling 30s everyday just until I get a nice pump, along with some planks, pushups, pullups and some other meme bodyweight exercises.

I'm going the gym 4 times a week on a bro split, will doing these workouts everyday before or after really be a bad thing?
>>
does anyone have the PSMF infographic / chart breaking down types?
>>
>>37269518
There are reasons to criticize him but somehow you've managed to avoid all of them... who can control what gypsies do two millenia after you die? He probably died from disease he got from India. He was convinced he was invincible and was badly wounded multiple times in battle, it's possible he contracted an infection.
>>
I'll start to take whey protein from now on and I'll take it twice on my workout days (and once on my rest day). Now I know that it's best to take whey right after the workout, besides that, what is the best time to take it (for the second time I mean)? Early in the morning? Or before going to gym?
>>
Doing ICF and I like it so far, except I can't figure out skull crushers, it's like I'm trying to use muscle that isn't even there at all, super awkward movement and get leg cramps from it. Obviously not progressing at all on it either. Is there some other exercise for this muscle I should do to develop it?
>>
File: 1423462125196.png (38 KB, 355x369) Image search: [Google]
1423462125196.png
38 KB, 355x369
>>37270218
>leg cramps
>skullcrushers

What the fuck are you doing?
>>
File: 1422340924668.png (167 KB, 759x408) Image search: [Google]
1422340924668.png
167 KB, 759x408
Why does l-citrulline powder smell and taste like cum?
>>
>>37270258
I place my legs under the leg bar in the bench so they don't go up from the floor, it's prolly because I'm tired from the squats before though.
>>
>>37270386
Skull crushers shouldnt involve anything that would cause your legs to raise up...
>>
>>37270386
Do you know what a skull crusher is?
>>
Looking for optimum macros for carbs / protein / fat for MyFitnessPal. I saw one that had carbs at 20%, but forget what the other two were. Any help?
>>
>>37270446
Are you cutting or bulking?
>>
>>37270181
Right before the gym is a good time.
>>
I wanna start with cardio in the mornings. Should I do it before or after breakfast?
>>
>>37270446
% is a shitty way to do macros.

You need at least 1.2g of protein per kilo (.55g/lb) of body mass if you're bulking or fat, 2g/kg (.9 g/lb) if you're cutting and not fat. There's 4 calories per gram of protein, so figure out what that is a % of your daily needs.

For carbs and fat, it depends on your diet. If you want to do keto, you need less than 50-100g of carbs per day. Otherwise, I'd put carbs and fat roughly equal if you're cutting and carbs at 1.5 to 2x protein if you're bulking.
>>
>>37270181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4_UY_kIPFU
>>
>>37270704
if you care about your muscle mass and your cardio gets your heartrate very high you should eat 2-3 hours before cardio.if you dont give a shit go for your cardio and eat immediately afterwards.
>>
>>37270783
dude is starting cardio so I doubt he's getting his HR super high. If you are just doing 30 minutes of light cardio, before/after breakfast shouldnt matter
>>
Just wondering, are any other people here able to make their balls go up and down in the sack without jumping, just by rubbing the inside of your legs. This even counteracts gravity for me.
>>
>>37271014
just tried, nada
>>
>>37270474
cutting
>>
>>37271187
Showed to my friends and they were all fascinated, no homo.
>>
>>37271276
I'd recommend 30/30/40 personally. Make sure your fats are the good kind, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.
>>
>>37271302
i think wiggling your balls to show off to your friends crosses even /fit/'s rather fluid line of homo senpai
>>
>>37271349
You jelly?
>>
>>37271407
very
>>
>>37271014
What do you mean rubbing your leg, I do it just with my ball muscles.
>>
>>37268668
Why are fats worse than carbs?
Why is sodium bad?
I don't care about temporary water retention and I'm not worried about cardiovascular disease because I'm not old or obese.
>>
Exercises for shoulder flexibility?
>>
6'
150lbs

I am a twig and idk what to do. I tried to read the sticky but am retard

All I own is a bench with two 25 lbs weights. I've been doing 4x12 curls and 4x12 bench presses with them for like a week or so now. Someone lay out exactly step by step how to get fit for me like the baby I am and I promise I'll post my boy butt in threads once in fit.
>>
I fucked up brehs, I cut too fast. I am currently eating 1500 cars a day but still have 16lbs to lose, what are my options at this point.
I don't think I can continue 1500 cals for 16 more weeks what do?
>>
>>37271640
read the sticky, find a gym
>>
>>37271640
Aim for a 300 - 500 calorie surplus daily.
Ideally: Buy a gym membership
If that's not possible financially then look into these exercises while you figure out how you can get access to real equipment:
Chest/tris: Dips, decline pushups
Back/bis: Chin ups/pull ups, bicep curls
Legs: Weighted squats, weighted lunges, squat jumps

All/most of these every time you workout, 4 - 6 days a week, 40-60 minutes daily

If you can engineer some kind of belt for using a 25 lb dumbbell as weight during dips/chin ups, you'll have a challenging exercise you can progress on for a long time.
>>
How many of capsules of kirkland brand fishoil should I take daily?
>link related
http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature%E2%84%A2-Fish-Oil-1000mg.,-400-Softgels.product.11072245.html
>>
>>37271735
0 unless you have mercury poisoning fetish
>>
>>37268685
underrated
based anon
>>
File: 1451777243798.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1451777243798.gif
773 KB, 260x221
>>37271749
>>
>>37268668
The rowing machine where you slide back and forth, is that cardio, or leg/back training?
>>
>>37272108
Yes.
>>
>>37272117
Can I get a muscled back if I do it? Is it as good as barbell rows, or should I just keep doing that? I dont have a good time doing rows so wanted another substitute for back.
>>
is this a good texas method routine?

Monday (Vol):
Squat 8x3
OHP 5x5

Tuesday (Asst):
RDL 3x10
chin up 3x5

Wednesday (Recov):
Squat 2x5
Bench 3x5

Friday (Int):
Squat 5RM (tapering down to 2x3, 3s, then 5x1)
OHP 5RM (same as above)
Deadlift 5RM
chin ups 3xAMRAP

want to add in DB bench and/or DB OHP but not sure where to put em. if it wasn't obvious, i don't want excessive growth in my quads so took advice from justin lascek's ebooks about switching 5x5 to 8x3. i also am fosusing on OHP and using bench as accessory.
>>
>>37269252
HIIT will build small amount of muscle but of course weight training involving the legs is the best and most efficient route.
>>
>>37269468
Gochujang or chili paste is excellent in general, plenty of flavor, texture and heat.
Cook everything in one skillet or pan.

Put it in when your chicken and veggies are cooked 99%, kill the heat, remove off pilot, throw a table or teaspoon into it, mix it well.
When the amount of heat is at your level, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion salt, mix again.

Let it set for 1-2 minutes letting all the juices combine at the bottom of the pan, plate the chicken and veggies, spoon the juices over the rice.

Enjoy!
>>
>>37272189
Nobody likes rows. If you have a different selection then take it
>>
During a hamstring stretch is it normal to feel the stretch around the back of the knee where the hamstring connects to the knee rather than in the belly of the muscle?
>>
>>37272529
its normal in that its a common problem, yes. bend the knee as much as you need in order for the stretch to target your hamstring.

when you feel that back of knee stretch sensation, that means you are stretching the ligament, not the muscle, and will hurt yourself, possibly permanently, if you stretch it too far.
>>
I snapped my lower back up and just went to the doctors and they said to go see a physio. For all I know I could have herniated a disc and the cunt didn't want me to get a scan.

What will a physio actually do to help alleviate the problem?
>>
File: Ir905bR.gif (595 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
Ir905bR.gif
595 KB, 460x600
Ok, so I have been wagecucking for the last week, absolutely no time to go to the gym, but on my feet for 6-8 hours a day walking around, lifting heavy shit at work, etc (it's a temp seasonal gig, one week every few months). Since I've been neglecting my gym routine, but still on a cut, would it be safe to deload by 10% instead of going back to where I left off?
>>
Does it matter what I eat for small meals? Can I just split my normal meals and eat them a few hours apart?
>>
File: 1EWLASGAA_info.jpg (46 KB, 350x422) Image search: [Google]
1EWLASGAA_info.jpg
46 KB, 350x422
Decent diet, around 750kcal deficit, keeping fairly active and doing sl 5x5 3x/week. Will pills (see attached) help in anyway?
>>
>>37272566
well how snapped is it?
>>
>>37271302
post video
>>
>>37273494
No. A caffeine pill to stave hunger would be better, if that's an issue for you.
>>
>>37272993
Nutrient timing and meal size don't matter. If you have a way to meet your calories/macros, do that.
>>
>>37272240
Yes that's fine. You won't be able to squeeze in DB bench/OHP. Your chest/shoulders will grow fine anyway.

You could put side lat raises and face pulls on Wedneday.
>>
>>37271656
>I don't think I can continue 1500 cals for 16 more weeks what do?
Not make it.
>>
>Started lifting over a month ago
>developed a small intermittent pain in my lower right back
>saw a doctor about it
>says I have minor back spasms, and probably strained an oblique doing deadlifts
>advises me to use an ice pack, take ibuprofen, lower my weight in squats, and stay away from deadlifts, all for at least a week

Fuck, I must've screwed up my form badly for that to happen. Do I just wait the week out, or what? I'm pretty new to /fit/, so I've never had to recover from an injury like this before.
>>
What kind of split would be best for an athlete (soccer goalkeeper)? Also what rep ranges?
>>
>>37273929
Could be deadlifts, could be squats, could be overhead presses that caused it. No big deal but try not to irritate it/provoke it further while it heals up, so see if you can get a feel for which exercises seem to light it up.

Don't ice it at this point, pretty surprised your doc would recommend that. Also only take ibuprofen if it's actually so painful it's hindering other activites (especially sleep).

And of course, check your fucking form or it will happen again. If you're unsure if you're doing something incorrectly, check out Alan Thrall's Youtube channel.
>>
>>37268728
>Guy benching 140kgs
>"Heya Fellow gym goer, yer doing le old push the weight on the bar trick? How can i go about doing that?"
>tips fedora and smiles
>>
>>37269157
Go lift skeletonman
>>
>>37274032

Take a look at WS4SB. It may not be what you end up doing but it should at least give you some ideas.
>>
>>37274032
If you're serious about soccer, you will want to find a routine that gives you the most bang for your buck. You can't afford to be the gym 2 hours every workout 5 times a day, because that's going to add up to way too much total training in combination with soccer practice.

The trick is going to be to find the minimum effective dose of training. Luckily for you that's very doable though, as resistance training contains a huge element of diminishing returns. What I mean by this is that doing 300% more work might only give you 150% more results. In other words, you can do pretty little and get pretty decent results still.
The best approach is probably going to be a fullbody setup. Focus on the big exercises and try to improve performance in those over time. Try not to completely trash yourself every workout as this will negatively impact performance on the playing field later.

Of course, if you're not really serious about your soccer, just do whatever the fuck you like.
>>
File: 1461028836873.jpg (321 KB, 767x1065) Image search: [Google]
1461028836873.jpg
321 KB, 767x1065
>>37270285

Really?

... Guess I have a new shopping list for tomorrow.
>>
can i do farmers walks every workout?

on greyskull with some accessories and i want big popeye forearms - i know forearms grow slow and it takes a lot to get there.
>>
>>37274103

Yes.

>>37271629

https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=stretch
>>
>>37274103
>can i do farmers walks every workout?
Same rules apply as with every other lift. If you completely fuck your body over when you do it, you probably shouldn't be doing it too often. If you go light and focus more on practicing the skill and with good form, you can do it quite often.
>>
I'm going to a Powerhouse gym soon. I feel like I'm gonna be judged even though I'm not awful at lifting. Should I even care?
>>
>>37268878
they come from smiling
>>
>>37274139

No one is gonna waste their time judging people. They will be busy lifting.
>>
>>37274139
if anyone says shit to you just tell them to fuck off. there's a 100% chance they wont say anything to your face.
>>
>>37269214
what the fuck is wrong with her neck?
>>
fucked both my shoulders up with straight arm lateral raises. feel as though they're healed but how long should i wait after this point to start doing shoulders again?
>>
>>37270218
>skull chrushers
what kind of fuckin icf are you doing?
>>
File: Sara Alemanno 70kg Snatch.webm (2 MB, 566x560) Image search: [Google]
Sara Alemanno 70kg Snatch.webm
2 MB, 566x560
>>37274181

Nothing?
>>
>>37268878

You look like Chris Pratt
>>
>>37274181
>>37274198
>>37274198
yeah wtf, it looks fucked up and idk why
>>
I'm in the market for a new preworkout, what would /fit/ recommend from their personal experience? I've only tried one so far since I only started lifting a few months ago, it was BPI and it lost its potency about halfway through the tub.

Also seeking recommendations on amino boosters.
>>
>>37274198
Lemme put it in your butt, trappy.
>>
is the glycemic index important? i read about it just now and it seems like a meme to me.
>>
>>37268878
bro count your blessings at least you dont have the "im dying inside and can't wake up" under eye sacks.
>Wake up
>Get coffee
>Acquaintance asks if I'm sick/tired
>fugg xDDDD:dD:d;D;D;D
killme
>>
>>37269157
Toronto?
>>
I do Barbell Rows, OHP, Bench, Squats, Pullups

am I missing any muscle groups? What could I add?
>>
>>37274622
Kegels
>>
I fucking love extra virgin olive oil. it's the greatest with my brown rice, steamed veges, and chicken, that shit (and tuscan, moroccan seasoning) are all I eat for dinner these days.

How bad is that? I probably consume a 3/4 cup a week, I figure it's an extra +1200 kcal a week -- accounted for.

Are there alternatives? Is it unhealthy?

weekly:
Total Fat 108 g
Saturated fat 15 g
Polyunsaturated fat 12 g
Monounsaturated fat 79 g
>>
Does microwaving oats increase the glycemic load?
>>
>>37274754
just get some spray olive oil
>>
>>37268668
Should i train for example my biceps only once or more each session?
Thankd
>>
>>37268668
Should i train a certain muscle for example biceps more then once a session.
>>
>>37274892
>>37274875
Aw fck. My bad. Didnt work the firs time i thought
>>
>>37269201
DNP
>>
>>37269314
This is the most inefficient way to train as a novice. There is absolutely no way you are getting anywhere near the optimum weekly volume for any body part with a split as a beginner
>>
>>37268668
This is borderline /ck/ but /fit/ are the experts on oats.

I'm planning to use this guy's methods to cook my oats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqtf6k03m88

As per the method, I'll be storing some oats in storage jars overnight.

Does /fit/ have any recommendations for what types of jars I should buy? I'm giving Barnett's a visit later this week.
>>
Should I be taking protein shakes before gym?
>>
Dumbell flys don't really feel like I'm working out my chest, more like I'm working my shoulders/upper arms
Am I fucking up my form? I keep my arms straight, or at least as straight as possible. I use 10kg dumbells

I've also got zero pecs which may explain
>>
I'm experiencing a dull pain just to the left of my right shoulder blade. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I'm going to De load for a week and watch my form on all my lifts but any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks familia
>>
Best protons brand?
>>37275620
Do you do weighted dips? I've gotten similar pains from them
>>37275328
Doesn't really matter that much, it definitely won't hurt you.
>>
what kinds of foods can I eat to make
my shit softer? I'm tired of rockhard turds destroying muh anus
>>
Can someone explain this shit to me? There's so many people saying some weird shit about fat that's wrecking me head.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-36345768
https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/734645639691173888
>>
>>37275811
>Saturated fat does not cause heart disease and full-fat dairy is probably protective
>Optimum sugar consumption for health is zero
>People should stop counting calories
>it is highly irrelevant how many calories a portion of food on a plate contains" and it was "untrue" that excessive calories caused obesity.
I agree with most of the stuff they've said (heck, their explanation for shit like why low-far yogurt, and most other processed foods is bad for you was actually pretty solid), but I can't help you with any of the above. I think they're all bullshit.
>>
>>37274892

What do you mean?
Like do two different workouts for it?
Are you a novice?
>>
I need a reminder. Is processed food automatically bad (and if so, why?) or is it just the case that most processed foods suck because of all the nutrients they lose in processing?
>>
>>37275899

It's usually bad because of the ingredients, but as with most stuff it varies.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/what-are-processed-foods.aspx
>>
>>37275880
I mean like bench press and then mb curls. Yes im pretty dyel. Sorry slow answer.
>>
Just do ss senpai, worked for me.
My legs are almost the size of my torso.
>>
I've noticed that the sticky recommends pork. Now, I'm all for eating a diverse range of foods (there's good health benefits to that) and I'd love an alternative to chicken and beef, but isn't pork pretty much as bad as bacon?
>>
>>37275944

Bad in what way?
>>
How do I fix my atrophied social skills? I used to be pretty good but over the past few years I've only got a limited amount of friends and I'm awful at talking to people.
Shit sucks. Not saying I was ever outgoing but I was much better at conversation.
>>
>>37275960
>Bad in what way?
High salt, high fat and whatever shit is supposed to make red meat bad, right?

[spoiler]I'm severally uneducated when it comes to meat. Also, can you even spoiler on /fit/? [/spoiler]
>>
>>37275987

Fat depends on the cut of meat, but most pork cuts aren't notably fattier than similar cuts of beef. Its not usually high salt either although obviously you can get specific preparations that are (bacon and ham usually will be, because they're both cured using salt).

How unhealthy either of those things are in an active individual and moderate amounts... juries still out on that one as far as I know.
>>
File: 1463544745401.png (223 KB, 369x429) Image search: [Google]
1463544745401.png
223 KB, 369x429
Why am I hungrier on rest days?
-
>>
>>37275917

I'm sorry, I dont know what an Mb curl is. If you're talking about dumbbell curls, they dont hit the same muscles as a bench press would - which confuses me even more.

To break it down and make it simple, think of it this way;

When you are a real dyel, just targeting your muscles will stimulate growth. So if you bench press 5 sets 2 times a week, you will see fairly stable growth to your Pecs, Triceps and Deltoids without you really having to do anything to supplement it. I personally recommend 5x5 because that means you do 5 sets of fairly heavy reps. But you can also do 4x10 I guess, the volume would be compereable.

If you're a DYEL, you don't need any further triceps, pecs or deltoids workout. However, most routines also include the OHP, which also targets your deltoids and triceps (not so much your pecs). Most novice routines put these on seperate days just so that you'll mix it up a bit - which is always good for the body (as it can adapt to pretty much anything, including a non-changing routine).

Once you hit a plateau, you might want to start experimenting with additional lifts and isolations. It'll take maybe 2-3 months of lifting until you get there. When you do, this is a good thing to remember;

Any one muscle group receives (close to) maximum activation when hit by 4-6 sets of heavy volume. 5 or 10 reps doesnt matter, as long as the volume is compereable.

So doing 3x10 bench press, 3x10 incline bench press, 3x10 dips and 3x10 chest flyes would probably be one (or two, even) excercise to many on one workout. More is not always better, since it takes time and energy that could be spent on other excercises.

tl;dr, pick a novice routine and stick with it until you can't progress further.
>>
Right now I'm taking 25 mg of zinc every morning. Is that too much? Also 300 mg of magnesium every morning and fish oil (2.4 g of omega acids) 6'1”, 255. Fat kid trying to live healthier through proper diet and lifting
>>
>>37268878
you're handsome bro, who cares
>>
File: Copy of bEqZv2q.jpg (74 KB, 681x628) Image search: [Google]
Copy of bEqZv2q.jpg
74 KB, 681x628
>>37276092
That's in lbs btw
>>
I've forgot some basic English. What do you call those measuring things that you use to measure stuff like your waste? I know it's not 'measuring tape' but it must be something like that. Just for a laugh I'm thinking of calculating my BMI, but I'll need to buy one of those fuckers first.
>>
>>37276119
A tailor's meter?
Just use a cord then look at long it is on a ruler.
>>
>>37276079
Mb= maybe :D
>>
>>37276119
fuck BMI, just look in the mirror and ask yourself if your weight is normal/healthy or not
>>
>>37276846
Fair enough, I sometimes just fear that I'm underweight. For various reasons, I won't be able to lift until next year, so I've basically been on a /fit/ diet (minus the epic levels of protein) for almost a year now and cutting all the crap out of my diet has caused me significant weight loss.
>>
File: calliper.jpg (24 KB, 635x370) Image search: [Google]
calliper.jpg
24 KB, 635x370
>>37276119

A calliper?
http://scoobysworkshop.com/body-fat-calculator/

BMI is not supposed to be used by individuals, it's a metric to study a whole population. It's useless for individuals.
I think you mean bf% instead?
>>
>>37269479
>Beats a dying empire
>Only to die later and have his "Empire" shattered

Lol His Trash. Genghis Khan is the real deal.
>>
Where do I start with fish?

I've barely ate any fish in my life. I don't even have any idea what it's supposed to taste like. I've had tuna and cod plenty of times, but otherwise, I think I've had salmon and lobster like once.

What does /fit/ do with its fish?
>>
>>37276993

Eat smoked salmon with sallads and feta.

Canned tuna I fry with veggies. Sometimes I throw an egg in there too. That's a real protein bomb, enough to go to DEFCON 2.
>>
>>37277091
>smoked
Isn't that shit bad for you?

>Canned
That always fucks with my head. Canned implies processed, processed implies bad. Right?
>>
>>37272308

Thanks my man
>>
>>37277113

No, canned food does not equal processed food. Tho some might be.

Smoked might be bad for you, I don't care. It's delicious. Red meat is bad for you as well, but I'm still gonna eat it.
>>
>>37274129

Thanks trappy
>>
had the flu so badly I coughed blood from time to time
doctor told me I can't lift nor work for at least a week from now
what the fuck am I supposed to do the whole time
I'm not used to doing nothing at all
>>
How many reps of bench press should I do in one breath?

I realise it isn't very important but I'd be interested to see how many people do.
>>
>>37278514
read
>>
>>37278639
One. Don't try to hold your breath for several reps. You inhale, lower the barbell while holding your breath, and then exhale forcefully towards the end of the lift.
>>
>>37268668
alan thrall promotes the juggernaught method for beginners
>>
>>37278823
alan thrall is a meme
>>
>>37278831
>alan thrall
he seems to have a lot of knowledge but his strength stats arent anything impressive and His body is also kinda gross.
>>
File: mevsfuyryre.png (14 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
mevsfuyryre.png
14 KB, 819x460
I did 5 months of SS and 3 of a PPL and now look like PIC RELATED. I am low testosterone and started TRT, how do I turn into the second photo?
no legs?
>>
>>37278853
>his strength stats arent anything impressive
Are you fucking kidding?
>>
>>37278853
He did that fucking stupid video about ass to grass squatting which was made me believe he was retarded.
>>
>>37278871
he powerlifts his entire life and he is at 1300 lbs? its a lot of course but for his weight class in a powerlifting competition not that much
>>
>>37268668
Is peanut butter /fit/ approved?
>>
>>37278864
I had the same problem, hit a 3 plate squat on SL and then realised I was pretty disproportionate.

So I swapped bench and squat in SL and added a few more upper body accessories.
>>
>>37278853
Maybe bcauae he is honest and fking natty? Stop believin in fitness dude. Get out of illusion.
>>
>>37278891
>tfw nut allergy
>>
>>37278906
i never said annything about illusion you fucking retard, in comparison his stats arent great. I could also just go ahead and say hes not natty but then we would reach youtube comment level
>>
>>37278887
I'd say it's pretty good considering the fact that A) he's not even a powerlifter, but a strongman, and even has a good snatch and clean 'n jerk, and B) he's probably natural.
>>
How much should I focus on progressing with weights when cutting heavily? going down from 97kg to 75kg here, currently at 88kg at 178cm (fat). And been lifting for almost 2 months. I know this is a very short time and all, but I am starting to hit weight plateus on everything but bench and diddlys, so idk if I should put too much effort into increasing the weights right now on a huge deficit, or wait until I reach 75kg and start bulking for the first time. any tips?
My lifts are pretty lousy too btw, literally the only one that's reached novice-level on symmetric strength is Pendlay Row(doing SL).
>>
>>37278950
What's your calorie deficit at the moment?
>>
>>37278950
you should probably work on your technique, cutting or not your body is capable of moving more weight
>>
>hungry as fuck, so i make some food
>haven't eaten all day
>after 2 bites i feel like i'll be sick if i eat any more
this happens pretty much every day, and has been happening for a couple weeks. what the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>37279016
pssychological issues or do you take any medication?
happens to me when i am stressed out or my anxiety keeps acting up
>>
>>37279016
Eat through it. I had the same problem when I started uni, I think was anxiety related.
>>
>>37278979
I'm eating around 1500-1700 kcals a day, my maintenance is maybe 2300-2500? idk.
it's only a problem in the gym though, the calorific deficit hasn't impeded my day to day life in any other way (except for the weight loss of course.)
It might not matter, but my lifts atm are
Squat: 70kg(155lbs) - really struggling with that now
Bench - 50kg(110lbs) - still progressing, but I'm gonna stagnate soon, I can tell
BB Row - Same as bench. Not sure about this one, I thought I was stuck at 50, but managed it just fine last time after stopping at the weight for a week
OHP - 35kg/77lbs - Really depends on the day desu, I stunk last time, but wasn't at ace level
Diddlys - 75kg/165lbs - Still progressing, although they're starting to make me a little light-headed, this might be because I'm at a deficit.

>>37279000
Think I should cut back on the weight on any of the lifts I failed? I think my squat form is a little sour.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.