[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit/ I've been thinking of introducing cottage cheese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: COTTAGE CHEESE.jpg (14 KB, 308x211) Image search: [Google]
COTTAGE CHEESE.jpg
14 KB, 308x211
So /fit/ I've been thinking of introducing cottage cheese to my diet since it sounds like a good source of broteens for cheap and I want to mix things up.

How do you guys like eating it? I was assuming you mix it into salads or sprinkle stuff on it or whatever? Or do you just scarf it down straight?
>>
I just eat it straight. You won't hate it after a while, and just eat it in a meal so you can take turns with bites.
>>
>>37267363
how do people eat this horse semen.
>>
>>37267363
i add around a serving of jelly to the tubs i buy and let it sit for a day. ive been trying to loose weight and cottage cheese has become a staple, i eat it between breakfast and lunch time or in the evening and i feel full gor hours after... Kinda getting sick of it though becausd i have ate a fuckton in the last two weeks
>>
cottage cheese is huge in slav diet culture
I usually eat it while cutting since 0% fat cottage cheese is a good source of low cal protein, and because i'm cutting, i usually just pour a glass of milk to not want to kill myself while eating cottage cheese
it's pretty good with sweet stuff like fruits actually
>>
eating it straight is delicious as fuck. could easily eat a pound every day. Extremely lactose intolerant though and the lactose-free version is expensive as fuck
>>
I eat it on its own. Did it since the first time i ever had it and never looked back. Its delicious.
>>
Really? You just eat bowls of it? Any seasoning or do you just go at it? This is eye-opening for me, I always assumed it was gross and needed some kind of supplement to be eaten.
>>
Do you guys outside of germany also have quark? Imho it's superior to cottage cheese in texture and taste.
>>
>>37267772
sweden here and cottage cheese is way tastier, although quark is way cheaper
cottage cheese is expensive as fuck here, like 5 euros a kg while quark is like 2.5 euros a kg
>>
Mix with peanut butter, eat

Mix with a spoon of cinnamon, eat

Make spicy guacamole and mix with cottage cheese, eat
>>
>>37267798
2.5 euros? Wow

Here in germany I get a 500g pack for 79ct.

Try adding just a little bit of carbonated water to the quark, it makes it way more creamy, sometimes I add some drops of liquid sweetener or flavor drops from myprotein
>>
File: 7457.jpg (31 KB, 420x279) Image search: [Google]
7457.jpg
31 KB, 420x279
I usually add a teaspoonful of sour cream and a bunch of fresh strawberries or banana slices to it. Tastes great.
>>
>>37267798

are you fucking kidding me? here in switzerland they cost almost 7 euros a kilo, getting jewed all the time here when it comes to food
>>
>>37267424
you're fucking insane. it's spoiled milk that hasn't had enough time to turn into real cheese. you might as well leave a gallon of milk out in the fucking sun for 2 weeks then chug it.
>>
>>37267892
>Spot the Ameriburger: The Game
>>
Straight cheese always tastes weird. Eating bread is heresy, we're fucked. I haven't eaten cheese since I became enlightened and banned bread from entering my mouth.
>>
i just put in strawberry flavouring
tastes like literal yoghurt
>>
>>37267363

As personal preference I buy "Lucerne : no salt added" because it's way lower in sodium and has the same amount of protein. Most grocery stores in my area don't carry it or have a low sodium option, so I have to go to vons. Safeway probably has it too if that's in your area. I mix it with a little peanut butter and an applea/banana. It's one of my favorite snacks.
>>
>>37267905
le american burgerman meme. nice :DD
>>
>>37267844
I just mix some hot coco powder into my quark. Turns it into a shitty but edible chocolate pudding. 2 euros a kg if you buy it from lidl in Sweden.
>>
Don't listen to these guys. put in a scoop of whey, doubles the protein for less than double the calories. a half cup of raw oats makes for better texture and a great pre-workout meal.
absolutely delicious
>>
File: oXRmvsF.jpg (116 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
oXRmvsF.jpg
116 KB, 640x640
I make my own and I regularly make kefir cheese

I use them in cooking all the time, especially the whey in place of vinegar and stuff.

Any recipe that uses cheese you can substitute with your own shit. You can add it for flavour, fat, protein etc.

Eat it with veg to feel fuller and satiated for fuck all cals
Eat it with meat and umami/soya sauce/whatever for tastier meals
Smooth it or refine it and spread it on crackers, pickles, etc
>>
Can't imagine having it sweet. Britbong here who found NUME from morrisons. Chive and onion cottage cheese is amazing, eat it right out the pot.
https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/M-Nume-Onion--Chive-Cottage-Cheese-300G/292939011?from=shop&tags=%7C105651%7C104268%7C104394%7C104440%7C104441&parentContainer=%7C104268%7C104394%7C104440%7C104441
>>
>>37267929
No, now you are going to explaine how cottage cheese is "spoiled milk" when it's just curds+whey, squeezed out and potted. It is not fermented, you pea-brain.
>>
>>37267363
Get the fat free one, desu. Since its plain its pretty versatile. You can add salt and pepper, or hot sauce, or dark chocolate chips. I sometimes mix it w/ plain 0% Greek yogurt. Scooby makes it with black beans.
>>
>>37267363

Tuna and cottage cheese sandwiches, sounds weird but it's great

Only problem is you really need a lot of both to get a decent amount of protein. Best as a snack or mini-meal
>>
>>37268019
>eating tuna regularly
M8, that's not good for ya...
>>
>>37267974
pretty sure they're both caused by the acidity making the milk separate breh. i don't know the science of each process but i can tell you is that they both taste the same to me.
>>
>>37267877
lots of food is real expensive here too, there's pretty much nothing thats really cheap
would switzerland sounds real bad though
>>
>>37268048
You would have to eat like 2 cans of tuna every day to really get Hg poisoning.

But yeah it's probably better to eat smaller fish instead from time to time, they don't absorb as much Hg.
>>
File: 1255817446533.jpg (30 KB, 314x450) Image search: [Google]
1255817446533.jpg
30 KB, 314x450
>>37268061
>they're both caused by the acidity making the milk separate
>Cottage cheese is drained, but not pressed, so some whey remains and the individual curds remain loose. The curd is usually washed to remove acidity, giving sweet curd cheese. It is not aged or colored.
How can a person in the 21st century be so du- oh wait, I'm on /fit/
>>
>>37267877
What are you talking about?
Mbudget 750g @ 3.40chf
Thats about 5eur per kg
>>
>>37268087
>The curd is usually washed to remove acidity
so you're saying that i was right? not sure what your quick google copypaste is supposed to prove breh. they wash it to remove the acidity, which caused it to separate, same as spoiled milk.
>>
>>37267363
i love cottage cheese hate greek yogurt tho
>>
>>37268087
and besides i don't really give a shit about the science of cottage cheese, all i know is it tastes like ass and i'm not gonna eat it.
>>
>>37268189
No comment.
>>
>>37267363

Turn it into tzatziki. Use as sauce for chicken. Brotein with brotein sauce.

Tzatziki just needs cucumber and garlic.
>>
I eat 300g of it on its own each night 30g protein 180 cal £0.64
>>
File: fanfaire.png (1 MB, 769x717) Image search: [Google]
fanfaire.png
1 MB, 769x717
I used to eat cottage cheese daily for dat protein and dat milk fat and dat calcium. But then I realized it was the reason I was having CONSTANT nuclear farts and it got to the point where I called in sick one day because of how bad my gas was.

I tried an elimination diet, singled out cottage cheese and haven't eaten it in 6 months. My farts are now markedly better and less frequent.

Feels bad, man.
>>
I mix in a little bit of salt, smoked paprika and olive oil, it's great, I even made some when a few friends were over and we used it as a dip for chips and crackers, they liked it
>>
>>37268240
I had 1kg of broccoli and 500g of chicken that gave me some wind 51g of fibre
>>
>>37267967
>kefir cheese
Teach me senpai?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.