[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SWIMMING THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 1451155085748.jpg (126 KB, 1000x661) Image search: [Google]
1451155085748.jpg
126 KB, 1000x661
Hey /fit/ I'm going to have access to a big swimming pool this summer and I'd like to get into a swim exercise routine. Do any of you guys swim and if so what do you do in the pool?

6' 200lbs. right now I've mostly been dieting and losing weight since September (if that helps at all)
>>
You can do a variety of strokes based on the intensity of cardio you want to do.

-Breaststroke (Long distances, less intense)

-Frontcrawl/butterfly, if you know how, (For sprints.)

Another great addition is doing resistance training with a flutterboard in front of you to build up your power. Most pools have clocks that you can use to time yourself while doing sprints, google flip turns to help reduce your times too. (If you're in a 25 meter pool, but by big I would assume you mean a 50 m Olympic sized pool.
>>
>>37257996
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>37258048
Front crawl/Butterfly sounds like something I can do in between doing breastroke. Used to do cross country running in school with sprints so this sounds like a swimming equivalent.
>>37258094
Beats me. Found these 2 pictures when I visited pol.
>>
>>37258094
http://acapulco70.com/

south american jewish /pol/ incarnate
>>
Bump

?
>>
I swim 1.5km of freestyle three times a week.
>>
You would do all the strokes pretty much every day.

Swimming is a highly technical exercise. A complete newb should swim about 2000 yards every day.

Once form progresses to where they can handle the workout avg is about 3500. Some days volume will be key and you'll hit 7k-10k yards.

The smallest unit is 50 yards. The usual longest race is 500 yards. with 100, 200, 400 in between. At the higher levels sometimes you get the 1k and 2k and 4k races. I was a middle distance guy so these were brutal.

So a typical newb workout would look something like:

400 yards warmup
10x100yds free on 2min
rest 5 minutes
12x 100 yards Medley (Fly, Back, Breast, Free) on 2.5 minutes
and like 500 yards of the days drill. (perfect form, fewest strokes, all kicks, as few breaths as possible, longest pushoffs, sprints, one arm at a time, alternating full arms, arms only)
and like 200 yards of cool down.

This is what a week 2 workout looks like once you've got your water kinesthesia down.

For fastest form gains, only breath on odd numbered strokes. But you never breath on every stroke. so only on 3rd, 5th, 7th strokes. Aiming for one breath every 50 yards at elite.

For cardio gains, I'd do only kicks for drill for the first month. Maybe one day a week work on fewest strokes to test. About 5 kicks per stroke is considered conditioned.
Remember to kick with your glutes to get your whole leg in on the move.
>>
>>37259079
What the fuck. This guy has a beard, chest hair, AND leg hair? What a pleb. Too much traction.

>current year
>Not shaving bear every time you swim to maximize your time and stroke efficiency
>>
>>37259079
Wew thanks for the detailed response I appreciate. I have 5day in a row access to this pool.

I'm a pool noob so I'll start out with what you got here.
>>
File: 58266328.jpg (97 KB, 397x295) Image search: [Google]
58266328.jpg
97 KB, 397x295
>>37259109
> mike phelps
simming pleb

>>37259122
Cool bro. For the first day I'd cut the drill in half and knock 400 yds off the medley and work it back in as the week progresses.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.