[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people sore all the time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1440565417028.gif (655 KB, 460x426) Image search: [Google]
1440565417028.gif
655 KB, 460x426
Hey /fit/, I've been lifting for about 8 months now, and when I first started, for about 2-3 weeks I was sore because my body was adjusting and DOMS was setting in, but then I rarely ever got sore afterwards on a 3 day/week regime of lifting. But most of the guys I know that I box with and go to Uni with are always complaining about being sore after hitting legs they day before, or something the like. Is it normal to be constantly sore after workouts? Or are they just lying about being sore/going to the gym?
>>
they don't work out consistently or frequently enough to NOT get DOMS. take a break off for a month and you'll feel soreness after a workout
>>
>>37257781
Thanks, I thought they were full of shit everytime they complained.
>>
>>37257781
Is that really true though? I hit legs every week as part of a 3 day split and I still get sore. Granted I'm either increasing reps or increasing weight each session. And I also don't do enough stretching afterwards.
>>
>>37258258
maybe you do it too fast?

i always do my shit slow but one time i did it fast and was sore afterwards
>>
I'm doing SS and stopped getting sore after the first month or so too, just a little stiff sometimes when I get home. Your friends probably don't stretch or something.
>>
theyre pussies that dont workout frequently enough, stretch enough, or do mobility work enough
>>
>>37258258
Once a week isn't frequently enough, try twice and you'll be fine. I get sore squatting once a week if I had to miss workouts the previous week for some reason.
>>
>>37257702
i'm gonna tag onto this post because I have a question that is semi-relevant. There is a thread on reddit right now about someone who got rhabdo from a leg workout, initially thinking it was only DOMS. Thing is, the dude only did like 12 sets. What exactly causes rhabdo and how can I not be so faggy as to get it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodybuilding/comments/4kd28t/my_experience_with_rabdo/
>>
>>37258330
dont do crossfit, literally that's it, there were like nearly zero cases then once crossfit got popular it started poping up because of the retarded amounts of workload they do, hell it even made the news year like a year or two ago.
>>
>>37258345
not trying to be a dick but if you read the thread I linked, crossfit is not involved at all, just a normal leg day led to a medically diagnosed case of rhabdo.
>>
>>37258330
Dude did you even read his story. He didn't go to the gym in over a year and then decided to do an intense two hour leg workout and clearly injured himself which caused the rhabdo. Literally don't be a fucking retard like him and you'll be fine.
>>
>>37258378
He claims a two hour workout but also ends up saying it was 5 sets of squats, 3 sets of lunges, and 3 sets of leg curls, so obviously it wasnt a ridic amount of volume even if he were a beginner.
>>
>>37258392
>>37258370
You wont get rhabo unless you're doing something extremely stupid with insanely high reps.

They were probably sets of 25-50 or something absurd, there's no way a day 1 guy could spend 2 hours in the gym doing that little stuff unless he's doing next to no weight for insane reps. If he's a beginner he couldn't move enough weight with even "high" reps of 12 to be actually exhausted enough to need 5-10 min breaks between sets.
>>
>>37258392
It doesn't matter, you don't do that much straight away after not training for a year that's stupid as bell. Especially not with legs, it's so easy to strain a calf when you just jump into an intense workout that they aren't used to. Even 3 sets of leg curls on their own would eek your calves after not training in a long time never mind combining it with lunges and squats. He even says himself he "took it a little too far"

Seriously this should be the last thing on your mind if you have some common sense
>>
>>37258437
So ive been lifting consistently for two years and have been running PHAT (which is decently high volume) for a few months. That mean that its not really something I will have to worry about?
>>
>>37258460
Kek didn't mean to say leg curls would rek calves but my point still stands that guy is fucking retarded

>>37258462
No
>>
>>37257702
Volume seems to be more tiring than intensity. My 3x5 100%5rm days don't really make me ache afterwards, but my 3x10 80% days make my legs hurt for days.
>>
>>37258462
No, millions of people go to the gym and rhabo never happens to anyone, it's literally known as a crossfit disease because they're usually the only ones who get it.
>>
Mostly insufficient calories.

Significant overtraining, most people never ever do a "0" day to test where they max out, they just do whatever to whenever.

Insufficient protein.

Insufficient rest

Insufficient movement post workout to drain lymph.

Too little rest between sets.

Generally poor planning poor execution. Typical pleb tier shit. Don't know what they don't know
>>
>>37258325
I was doing that for a while and I did notice I was slightly less sore. I'm also on a cut now if that means anything.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.