[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hurt my back squatting like 2 months ago and every time I try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
I hurt my back squatting like 2 months ago and every time I try to squat back hurts and I think it might be a herniated disk. I want to go to the doctors but I don't insurance.

What do?
>>
Pls guys my back hurts
>>
how much was your last squat before you hurt your back?
>>
>>37257661
The bar and 2 10 lbs plates.
>>
which part of your back?
>>
>>37257711
that is 65 lbs? that cant be a hermiated disk unless you spooky skelly
>>37257814
this
>>
>>37257661
Op here it was 365 for 5 reps and I failed on the fourth
>>
>>37257814
The lower left side of my back
>>
Stop squatting and deafliting or doing anything that can stress it, you need to stop lifting for I guess a month? You don't need to see a doctor unless it hurts just from walking or doing any sort of movement
>>
>>37257444
my dad had two herniated disks 15 years apart and both times he could barely move before and after surgery. idk if there's different degrees of intensity but it could give you some perspective if typically people are bedridden. might be muscle related and not disc
>>
blast ibuprofin for a week if you cant get prescription meds and lay off a few days. go back in the gym HYDRATED and go light a few sets and see how you feel. if you feel ok then go ahead and squat. if it still feels a little janky then skip squat for another few days.
>>
>>37258077
>>37258119
>>37258185
Thanks for the input I will heed your advices also I was wondering if it could be a muscle imbalance because before the injury I never trained abs
>>
>>37258266
sounds like you pulled one of your spinal erectors, but I am no doctor, maybe go in to just make sure, a doctors visit cant be that much. I guess scans and such could be a problem. Dont worry about squatting for a while, being in hobbled for life to but 5 mahre pounds on the bar is not fitness. I was also never quite comfortable with lowbar squatting and my back and the switch to high bar seems great so far.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.