[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I stick to a caloric deficit without needing to "man-up"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1463832500114.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1463832500114.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
How can I stick to a caloric deficit without needing to "man-up" and "use willpower" or "kill yourself"
>>
Routine. You get so used to the same things or you plan them out before and minimize your alternatives so you have no choice.

That and just a little bit of discipline to prevent the "well, I've been good, I'll go get those McNuggies JUST ONCE"
>>
EC
>>
>>37252612

That's the only way
>>
>>37252612
not being a bitch will help
>>
>>37252612
Legacy servers for the alpha when?
>>
Is that a bunch of add-ons to make it look like that or is that just how it looks now?
>>
Don't ever buy caloric dense food, only eat at home, get coffee and green tea and keep busy.

I'm on the 4th day of my first cutting and trying to learn the tips as well. Also I've been using grated carrots because they have much less calories per volume when compared to rice.
>>
>>37252612
How about man willpower use yourself kill-up
>>
>>37252612
Use an app like MyFitnessPal to keep track of your daily intake. Use a scale to weigh ingredients when you're cooking and set up your standard recipes in the app.
I found losing weight a lot easier by approximating my intake with an app instead of guesstimating. (Made me realise how bad I am at guessing how much I eat - I thought it was less than it actually was).

Don't buy stuff you can snack on, eat lean foods when dining out with friends, salad instead of fried as a side to your burger, etc. pp.

If you're a sweet tooth like me then avoid stuff like Nutella or other snacks and keep some dark chocolate bars at home for the days where you feel like having something sweet and have calories left to fill up.
>>
>>37252913
Pretty much this. Eat clean and you will feel more full throughout the day. I have been meeting my deficit goal everyday of 1,600, but I continue to have lattes and donuts more often than I should. When you eat junk like that, it's way too easy to eat 800-1,000 calories for breakfast and then you have to starve the rest of the day.

But I can't quit you, donuts.
>>
POVAM: Pound Of Veggies A Meal

Low-calorie, high-fiber stomach-fillers. Broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, kale, spinach, green beans, and so on.

Really helps to shovel it down before eating anything else so you feel full with much fewer portions. But be sure to eat it with your calorific protons! And finally drink a bunch of water/tea/coffee (1/2 liter minimum, or about 16-fl-oz for you yanks) when you're done to deal the hunger-slaying deal.

If you need to make your veggies tastier, hope you like vinegar, hot sauce, salsa, and spices. Careful they aren't the calorie-dense kind of sauces so you don't defeat the purpose of POVAM. Though at first you may need hummus and curry sauces before you can drop those and thus drop 100-300 calories from your daily eats.
>>
>>37252994
I don't want to walk around bloated all day, some of us actually have jobs.
>>
>>37252827
>Needing help.
Heh, kid.
>>
>>37253004
I bring 4 lbs of microwaved broccoli with me to work along with the rest of lunch in a big tupoerware. Gotta do what you gotta do. Or suffer hunger.
>>
>>37252960
I'm planning to eat all my TDEE in cake or shortbread/challah every 10 or 12 days.
>>
>>37252612
WoW Alpha was so very different to retail release, I don't even recognise that chat info, or why orcs would quest in Westfall.
>>
>>37252612
Don't be hungry or way less ungry by eating a lot of vegetables, fibers, etc. Eating the right micros and macros...
>>
File: 1462429853901.jpg (72 KB, 499x389) Image search: [Google]
1462429853901.jpg
72 KB, 499x389
Just suck it up i guess.

I'm almost 4 months in on IF, i eat only once a day.
I was suffering for 2 weeks, but got used to it in the end.
>>
>>37252612
Chew a lot so satiety has time to come.
>>
>>37252612

Keep yourself busy when you feel like being a fatass. Play wow or something.
>>
>>37252612
Snack on raw veg. An entire head of broccoli is like 200 calls and is incredibly filling. Also lots of water.
>>
intermittent fasting makes it very easy since you can only eat so much during an 8 hour window
>>
OP here.

I actually did Intermittent fasting, but that was before I started lifting over 5 years ago.

When I did IF (before lifting) I was the leanest I ever got in my life. My eating window was 2pm to 8pm if i remember correctly.

I haven't done IF since I began lifting.......would it still even be possible while im lifting, without it raping all my lifts?
>>
>>37252612

there is no other way except drugs
>>
>>37253371
ya lean gainz is huge unless you're like powerliftan but then why u wanna limit calories
>>
>>37253392
not PLing

just been lifting for aesthetics and i haven't really tried progressive overloading in awhile now, i just maintain my lifts atm because i am happy with them and my gains.

im a manlet and ive already gained way more than id like, Im more into the leaner/small type physique now, so i guess i could afford to drop some of my lifts
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.