[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats /fits/ opinion on swimming for weightloss? Long story short,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Swim-Fast.jpg (117 KB, 949x507) Image search: [Google]
Swim-Fast.jpg
117 KB, 949x507
Whats /fits/ opinion on swimming for weightloss? Long story short, im 6'7 and I weigh 220. Im a fat fuck with back issues and apparently swimming is pretty low impact. Thoughts? Pls be nice im genuinely uninformed of these things.
>>
Swimming is the best for everything as long as your skin and eyes aren't sensitive to the water you are swimming in.
>>
It's not as effective as running if you want to burn calories, but you can't really hurt yourself while swimming. It's not too hard on the joints so if you got the stamina you can swim a lot.
Swimming is all about proper form tho so you probably need someone to help you with that.
>>
>>37252315
Swimming is good. The water pressure is good compression for your body. You are long too so you have a lot of potential for swimming.
>>
>>37252326
>What are goggles.

Swimming is GOAT anon. Used to train for competitions for like 2 hours a day when I was a kid.
>>
>>37252344
I know running does burn alot of weight, but my buddy who was in waterpolo in hs told me you build more muscle swimming which effectively cancels out fat loss in a way. But idk hes not in the best of shape anymore.
>>
File: 1268_3ilwwvo.jpg (50 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1268_3ilwwvo.jpg
50 KB, 500x365
>>37252350
>You are long too so you have a lot of potential for swimming.
That hit me in the feels anon

>be me 5'5" turbo manlet
>Height matters a lot in swimming
>be good swimmer anyway
>regularly make state level
>race ottermode lanklets
>mfw if I was tall I could have made nationals

Do swimming OP. It's the best
>>
File: 1463332013624.jpg (7 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
1463332013624.jpg
7 KB, 250x232
>>37252508
>>
>>37252508
I'm sorry, anon. We all wish we were different somehow.
>>
I'm recovering from a labrum surgery right now. I'm of similar height and weight to OP although I'm not fat

Swimming has been great for cardio and I've started to feel myself gain some actual endurance now. Plus it helps me lean out
>>
I use to swim every day for about 30 minutes a few years ago. I didn't lose any weight but everyone could tell my body fat % went down, had a tighter face and belly. I lifted a little also so that's prob why my weight stayed the same. Any ways swimming is great cause no pressure on joints
>>
File: 1462462929520.jpg (68 KB, 538x566) Image search: [Google]
1462462929520.jpg
68 KB, 538x566
I've been cutting for 4 months now, swimming 2-3x a week for 4-6 hours.
It's pretty much the king of cardio, would recommend.

Just keep in mind that 80% of weight loss comes from dieting. If you're not counting those calories you'll just be wasting your time.
>>
Im 6.1 150 lbs skelly, i really like swimming and want to start it again but problem is i dont want to more skinny. So how i should eat for maintenance and getting more defined body? I have to worry or just eat tons of food and swim?
>>
>>37252381
"cancels out fat loss"? Gaining muscle will accelerate fat-loss due to increased TDEE, if anything.
>>
6'7" 220 and you're a fat fuck? What?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.