[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't people scared of dying due to falling forward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 184x240) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 184x240
Why aren't people scared of dying due to falling forward during heavy squats on a platform? I've failed before and dropped the bar behind me but I don't see why this isn't more of a concern
>>
You wouldn't die from something like that
>>
because safety pins exist
>>
>>37251580
the chance of death is what motivates me to lift
>>
You wont fall forward if tou know how to squat. Just dump the bar behind and step forward.

Also if you did fall forward the plates will hit the ground before the bar could crush you.
>>
>>37251998

I know how to squat and I do it high bar and I've only fallen backwards and I wear only shoes but I can still see it as a risk.

What if you fall forward and the bar crushes your head?
>>
>>37252037
How?? The plates will land before the bar can crush it...
>>
>>37252052

Is he gap between the bar and your head really big enough?
>>
>>37251998
>tfw my 45b plates are 14" in diameter
If i fall forward with anyhing >3pl8 the bar would probably crush my head like a watermelon
>>
File: 1453321055592.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1453321055592.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>>37251693
>>
>>37251580
Because we aren't pussies. Unspotted bench press on the other hand...
>>
>>37253953
can easily roll it off you

I once loaded on 3pl and rolled it from my chest with no issue and my bench isn't even close to 3pls
>>
>>37252069
How big are the plates you are using? It's certainly big enough to prevent you from dying.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.