[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: question_mark_tattoo_7.png (424 KB, 547x500) Image search: [Google]
question_mark_tattoo_7.png
424 KB, 547x500
Is eating meat a must for making gains? Can I make gains my hitting my macros and calories without meat?
>>
>>37249106
Yes
No
>>
>>37249106
No
Yes
>>
I run and boulder on alternating days, working out 6 times per week total. Bouldering is 1-2 hours in the gym and running is for 30 min. I am 6'1 21 yrs 195 lb. I calculated my tdee and its 3556. That seems way to high for just maintenence but does that sound correct?
>>
>>37249124
One and only OP here. Explain :)
>>
>>37249153
Is the first guy trolling me? Tfw in doubt
>>
About a month into SS. Thinking about investing in a dip belt How fast should I add weight?
Day A i do 2x8 Dips.
Day B I do 2x8 Pull ups.
Should I change it to 3x5 and keep adding 5 pounds? Or keep it as is and gradually add 5 pounds like I would for the other exercises.
>>
i used to warm up walking on the treadmill for like 5-10 minutes but now i dont and i feel like it's hurting my performance because i go straight into stuff

is this real or in my head? i do warmup sets but i feel like it's not as good
>>
File: 1462642213074s.jpg (2 KB, 125x78) Image search: [Google]
1462642213074s.jpg
2 KB, 125x78
for the average person, who doesn't train- or care about building muscle, just losing fat- what macros would you recommend to someone? there's likely not a protein requirement to keep gaiiinzz. so- what would it be?

I ask because, i've done low carb for the longest time- and gotten great results thus far. i'm 10 lbs away from goal weight and everything has come to a halt. I've combined daily 24 hour IF, occasional LISS/HIIT and a 500 cal deficit.

At this point I think leptin is in the shitter, as I typically stay <50g daily. seeing as leptin is only positively affected by carbs, which i'm neglecting- I think it's about time carb cycling or refeeds are needed. or even possibly not doing low carb anymore. Low carb was nice when I was a fat fuck as I could pretty much eat how much I wanted in meat / fat. but at this point, going into single digit body fat %'s... it's not cutting it.

5'8", 150lb, TDEE 1900, but consuming 1400; including cardio 3 times a week.
>>
Is it possible that low blood sugar is causing my headaches when i workout? there is almost no sugar in my diet
>>
went my whole life without back acne (now 23)

in the last 2 months it's come outta nowhere, not on roids either.
any idea why/ how to get rid of it?
>>
what's the point of going low carb?
what's the point of going low fat?
>>
>>37249566
>low carb
Carbs typically offer very little nutrition to calories, especially refined carbs which is what most people eat. Carbs are basically just energy and that is it. Low carbs means no insulin spike, insulin is the hormone that removes excess sugar from your blood and stores it as fat. Also, low carb typically means low calorie as carbs typically bulk up your calorie intake without filling you the way proteins as fats do.

If you are going to remove a macronutrient from your diet, it should be carbs.

>low fat
Fat is the most calorie dense macronutrient with 9 calories a gram compared to 4 for both protein and carbs. Fats can easily add up in calories without you realizing it. For example, you may not even notice a table spoon of oil in your food. Example, a tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories, 4 oz of raw chicken breast is also 120 calories. I could easily hide 1 table spoon of oil in salad dressing and you would not notice it but I could not hide 4 oz of chicken on a salad without you noticing.

Fats however are one macronutrient that does not cause the release of insulin meaning little fat storage and good for diabetics.
>>
>>37249427
No, a healthy person with a full, healthy diet will have the same blood sugar level regardless of what they eat. (high sugar will spike your blood sugar level but 2-3 hours post meal you will have the same level regardless your diet. )

Your headaches are most likely blood pressure related. Your blood pressure is probably increasing as your work out because you are replenishing the liquids you excrete. Try drinking more water before/during your workout.
>>
>>37249163
It is possible but a lot harder, you probably don't have the discipline, eat salmon post work out and you will probably make the same gains assuming you hit your macros. You will get sick of eggs milk and yogurt
>>
>>37249726
you should only store the macros as fat if you're a surplus though.. correct? you should be able to cut with either. no?
>>
>>37249106
best exercise(s) to do in the gym for kayaking? I think there was a machine but I don't usually do machines so I don't know what it's called.
>>
Well there are world class vegan permabulk powerlifters

So
>>
>>37249106
Yes
No
Veganism is a conspiracy to rob you of your manhood. Don't fall for it.
>>
I would assume rows because you literally row when you kayak.
>>
Are avocados /fit/? More suited to cut or bulk? Does it even matter as long as I hit my intake goals?
>>
Currently my life is dominated by the feeling of fear.
Even though I had some GF I still am afraid of ending up all alone. Anybody else experienced this? And how to do something against it.
>>
>>37249970
Lift more.

Lift the sadness away. Drown your pain in protein shakes.
>>
>>37249970
You will most likely end up alone in the end, dont fear it but embrace it
Get over your fear, no tricks to it
Or read existential psycology by Yalom, pretty good read
>>
File: hardgainer-300x300.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hardgainer-300x300.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
I'm a 5'10 125lb skelter, absolute beginner. I just signed up with a gym and the manager was saying i shouldnt be using the freeweights for now and just use machines, partly to get used to the gym but they also said it wouldnt be the best exercises for my body type. Is this bullshit? Should i really just do SS? Are there any other good starting routines? I'm not trying to get big, just muscular / """lean"""

Honestly for my first couple days i probably will just be trying out random machines and trying to watch people, but i do actually want to do some real shit
>>
Ive lately been noticing a lack in sex drive or i dont know what to call it...im feeling less stupid anyway
I dont feel like chasing after girls anymore because its wasting time i could use to improve my studies and since i stopped trying to get laid ive actually gotten recommended for a promotion despite being a part time worker in college
Point being is there something wrong with me? should i go to the doctor regarding my test levels? or is this just me finally growing up and getting smart?
>>
>>37249155
Sounds correct. I'm 6'3" 200lbs and I box and lift 3 times a week and commute by bike. I actually lose weight at 3000 kcals
>>
>>37249999
That is a really dark point of view to just assume you are going to end up alone.
>>
>>37250009
>I'm not trying to get big, just muscular / """lean"""
Absolutely love reading this. Do you think it's going to happen by accident?
>>
>>37250042
Love runs out, girls get bored, people change
Read the text, here ill quote you abit
>Psychological dysfunction results from the individual's refusal or inability to deal with the normal existential anxiety that comes from confronting life's "givens": mortality, isolation, meaninglessness, and freedom
The point is mostly you cant rely on other people to be there for you, its never a guarantee they will stay no matter how "safe" you think you are in your connection
This risk will cause fear if you cant handle it

I was very scared of losing my gf, i didnt want to be single because i knew what it would mean and that it would probably kill me. I knew she is a girl so she would move on very quickly whereas i would most likely not ever be able to find a new gf
This caused major imbalance as i did everything i could to keep things together and in the end it still failed
Imagine your worst nightmare coming to life and chilling with you, not very fun but i managed to push through the loneliness and focus. Now i dont feel fear anymore and its great

Read about existentialism, train yourself to be able to let go of things you dont want to lose and rely only on yourself
>>
>>37250053
I'm not some girl scared of turning into a giant muscle. I'm letting you know what i want out of a routine. Like i dont want to go 6 days a week kind of shit

good post tho
>>
What other benefits are there to consistently lifting and eating clean other than being strong and healthy. If I get fit and ripped enough could I like get sponsored by some fitness companies and get free shit. Im getting ahead of myself as I've only been lifting 3 months but I know it's becoming a part of my life in going to devote a lot of time to and I want more out of it then just health/strength.
>>
File: download.png (3 KB, 527x155) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 527x155
is there supposed to be a difference between "press" and "bench press"?
>>
>>37250101
that sounds like cancer desu
''i like playing vidya let me make a channel so i can leech monies''
>>
File: tumblr_o17kicsGve1s0rjkgo3_1280.jpg (534 KB, 1280x1918) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o17kicsGve1s0rjkgo3_1280.jpg
534 KB, 1280x1918
How do I do a protein spared modified fast? Do I need supplements? Other than a multi of course. Is this a safe way to cut? I'm about 17% bodyfat wanting to get down to 10%. Educate me /fit/ or at least point me in the right direction
>>
>>37249860
Think of the muscles you use. Squats will help. Bent /pendlay rows will help. Will help. The machine you're thinking of, no joke, is called a rowing machine.
>>
>>37249877
>Well there are world class vegan permabulk powerlifters that roid
FTFY
>>
Can i make serious mass gains on Candito LP?
>>
>>37250154
Press = overhead / military press, a shoulder exercise.
Bench press = chest (well, for the most part) exercise lying down on a bench.
>>
How the fuck does anyone even bulk without animal products anyway.

As amazing as it sounds when someone says "broccoli has more protein per gram than chicken", when you actually realise how much 200g of fucking broccoli is then it's time to get your fucking chainsaw out because you gotta cut down a whole fucking tree
>>
>>37249962
Avocados are goat for either. Worth fitting into your budget.

>>37250009
Don't use machines. Read the sticky. Tell manager to fuck off. Protip: it takes a shitload of effort to bulk. Only retards and women think it happens easily and automatically

>>37250154
Yes. A press is an over head press. A bench press is a bench press.
>>
What does /fit/ think of the velocity diet? Anyone here cut with it successfully?
>>
Been on a diet for almost 2 months now and I have completely stalled for two weeks. I have been eating 1200 calories since the start. I already bumped up the exercise last week and still not budging. My first thought is that I might not be eating enough as I'm 230lb now and 1200 is pretty low but I'm really not sure. Any advice?
>>
>>37250169
>rowing machine
gosh I'm so fucking stupid. thanks breh. squats are my fav lift so no problem there. might ad rows again. haven't done them since I last did SL.
>>
>>37250234
A. You're probably eating way more than 1200 calories.
B.exercise barely moves the calorie needle.
C.what are your stats? Weight height gril?
D.what are you eating?
>>
>>37250235
Phone edited this out for some reason but I had deadlifts will help in there.
>>
>>37250255
also my fav lift next to squats. thanks again.
>>
>>37250247
It might sound crazy, but I swear it's 1200 cal. I premeasure everything I eat on a food scale. 5'10 230lb male. Low carb diet that consists of chicken breast, almonds, broccoli, eggs and cheese.
>>
>>37250234
Listen bro no need to lie to me or to yourself you're not eating 1200 calories.
I ate 1000 cals a day of high protein after I bulked too hard and I wanted to lose the weight fast doing RFL 2.0
In 5 weeks went from 190 to 164 (158 if you want to count the water weight lost)
>>
>>37250297
1200 calories is way too low. If you were actually eating that you would be wasting away. There's likely some pilot error in your measuring.
>>
>>37250297
I'm >>37250298
>Almonds, cheese, eggs
Get rid of the almonds on 1200 cals a handful is already few hundred cals. Eggs are fine if you have hard boiled and even then only a few as some eggs if large can go up to 100 cals.
Unless cottage cheese quark then cheese is huge in calories.

If you really are measuring everything being weighed i.e including oils , any snacks , drinks etc..
and still not losing weight on 1200 cals a day after 2 months then you might have a combo of very low test and very low thyroid hormone, I would get it checked.
However 99% of the time fatties cheat.
>>
>>37250076
Oke thanks bro helps a lot. Just need to get that realization
>>
>>37250297
You can measure everything you eat on a scale and still fuck up the math. I used to log cooked chicken as raw and was taking in twice the calories from it with out knowing. Example: 10oz of cooked chicken can equal the calories of 20oz of chicken.
>>
Third time im cutting and for the third time my weight loss slows down significantly after 5 weeks.
5 weeks i lose pretty much exactly 1kg/week, i was going for .5kg/week but whatever, guess my TDEE is higher than i though.
I weigh myself every day and im consistent as fuck, as in i dont usually fluctuate, not even by .1kg.
But just like always, 5 weeks, 5 kilos down, now im 7 weeks in and still down 5, eating the exact same shit of course.
what the fuck? Last 2 times i solved it with a refill day every week because "le starvation mode", but what is the actual explanation?
I had one refill day after i noticed the slow down. Do i just have to do it every week again? What if i eat a week at maintenance, will i go back to my normal weightloss speed after?
>>
>>37250313
He's definitely counting everything wrong. He's also doing a stupid diet. 1200 anon, you should be eating at least 1700ish calories at your size. Proteins should be a bulk of it. Carbs aren't the devil. What kind of cheese are you eating?
>>
>>37250330
Honestly chicken breast unless the guy is drizzling it in oil and condiments is very unlikely to be the cause why he is not losing any weight at 230 lbs on a 1200 cal diet.
The guy is fucking up somewhere else most likely with his cheese or just not counting oil or whatever he's using to cook.
This is with giving him the benefit of the doubt and not him being your average person that will have a cheat "day".
>>
>>37250338
Most likely you get loose with your discipline and start sneaking in extra calories.

What worked for me when I stalled was intermittent fasting. Not because it has special fat burning properties, but because it's actually really fucking great for hunger management.
>>
>>37250338
So you lost 5 kg, you need to adjust your TDEE to the 5 kg lost.
Also what are you doing on refill days? They're supposed to be days for carbing up.
As far as I know the higher your bfat is the more you can go without needing to carb up however the leaner you are the more carbing up you need to do.
So what is your weight height bfat?
>>
>>37250338
First of all, make sure you take waist measurements instead of only relying on the scale, because water retention can really mess with how much weight you think you lose or don't lose. If your waistline is getting narrower, you know you're burning fat even if the number on the scale hasn't budged. If this turns out to be the case, you'll probably experience a sudden drop in weight at some point soon.

If you really aren't burning fat anymore however - And this following part is complete bro-science, but it's been my experience - Just take a break from dieting. Go a couple of weeks or maybe even a little longer than that on maintenance and then return to dieting and you should find weightloss reassumes.
>>
>>37250347
I agree, I was just using the chicken example because I literally did that I wouldn't be eating almonds and cheese on a 1200 diet, but then again I wouldn't do something as retarded as only eat 1200 calories
>>
>>37250313
Thank you for the advice but I would like to clarify that I'm down 30lbs and have been stalled for 2 weeks. I will also take into consideration the fact that I might be measuring thing incorrectly. Thanks everyone
>>
File: EHxJh6H.jpg (33 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
EHxJh6H.jpg
33 KB, 600x900
This guy claims to have just done pull ups for years. Thoughts? Believable? If he had added in some squats he would have a decently aesthetic body.
https://m.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2lkxuf/been_doing_nothing_but_chinspull_ups_for_years/
>>
How do I grow bigger biceps and triceps? Almost every other muscle group seems to respond very well to training but for some reasons my arms are lacking to the point where it's getting disproportionate. My routine consists out of compound lifts with some accesory work. I do isolation curls 3x10 and skull crushers 3x10. I have done lots and lots pull ups and my lats have grown a lot, but my biceps almost not at all.
>>
>>37250399
Believable? Sure. But it's the internet and people are full of shit. If it took years to do that with just pull ups, then he wasted his time because he could have done in 6 to 12 months with a basic program.
>>
>>37250416
substitute pull ups for chin ups if you haven't already tried
>>
File: Joseph-Evan-Capelli.jpg (14 KB, 541x313) Image search: [Google]
Joseph-Evan-Capelli.jpg
14 KB, 541x313
>>37250210
Bump
>>
>>37250416
Are you actually progressing with your curls and extensions? Or do you keep using the same weight for the same number of reps?
I guess you can see where I'm going with this.
>>
Doing PPL and I want to do 5/3/1 for the big 3. The question is, 5/3/1 is only once a week, so for PPLPPLx do I do the 5/3/1 routine twice for each lift? Or once and use the other day as a light day.
>>
>>37250546
What do you mean "5/3/1 is only once a week"?
>>
File: image.png (179 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
179 KB, 750x1334
>>37250583
Don't you only do each big lift once a week on 5/3/1

>pic related
>>
>>37250546
>do I do the 5/3/1 routine twice for each lift?
Honestly it depends on how big and strong you are. If you're a huge motherfucker benching 3 plates, you definitely need a week between bench sessions and also need the deload week. If you're a smaller guy and not as strong yet, you may just be able to do it twice weekly. You can always try and see how it goes. If you can't make progress you know you'll have to change something. Going lighter on the 2nd session of the week could be an option.
>>
>>37250416
and go heavy on the pullups. don't do many, I do 3x5 and do them really clean at the top
>>
File: 117.gif (999 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
117.gif
999 KB, 320x180
Due to a required rest period after a heart operation, I can't work out nor do heavy cardio for 1 month. Should I keep eating the same as I used to in order not to lose any gains?
>>
I'm not reading the replies, but I'm gonna give you the real answer. I personally dislike meat under almost all circumstances. Growing up I only ate it at fancy dinners, and if it weren't for bodybuilding, it would still be that way. I'm an animal lover, but I'm not at all against killing animals for food. If you enjoy meat, eat that shit. With that said, can you realistically bodybuild without eating meat (fish included)? No. It's just not practical. That bro shit from 3DMJ about how you don't need a lot of protein is wrong, especially in enhanced athletes, which if you are taking bodybuilding seriously is going to be necessary, and most people aren't going to be capable of getting 200, 300, 400+ grams of protein 365 days per year from fucking beans and quinoa. If you just wanna be a recreational lifter with 15 inch arms and a 225 bench, sure, you can eat whatever the fuck you want, but if you want to make significant progress and look like a bodybuilder, for 99% of the population a meat-free diet is just not going to work
>>
>>37249389
fat loss doesn't just stop. Maybe you've picked up water weight. If you stay in caloric deficit you're going to lose fat.
>>
>>37250704
No. Less activity means lower energy requirements. How much you eat controls your size. How much you work controls what type of size.
>>
>>37249726
>Low carbs means no insulin spike
this is incorrect.

>>37249847
adding carbs once you've hit your macro goals for the day is totally fine. be careful not to cut fats too low as they are very important for maintaining proper hormone balance.
>>
File: IMG_20160521_115610.jpg (1 MB, 3286x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_115610.jpg
1 MB, 3286x2432
Why does the right part of my abs protrude when under tension?
Also it seems like my whole torse is rotated left, I noticed it when, taking this pic, the lower part of my ribcage was slanted to my left.
Possible causes could be:
>Playing golf for 10 years (8 to 18yo)
>Jacking off exclusively righty
>Sleeping fetal pos on the right only (legs are horizontal but torso is rotated due to pillow and not being able to keep right arm under me)
Do I have ab cancer?
>>
What isolations should be added to a program like SS or SL?
>>
>>37250885
Curls, skull crushers, whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>37249566
The only reasonable reason is to reduce calories.
>>
>>37250426
I have done about the same amount of chin ups as pull ups I think, but I can try doing more chin ups.

>>37250468
Yup, I try to steadily increase the load, but I find it difficult to add more weight since I can't increase the weight with less then 15% (e.g. 14kg>16kg dumbbell). Can't do ez bar curls because of forearm injury.

>>37250684
I used to do 3x5 pull ups with 20kg added. I kinda hurt my bicep tendon at the elbow doing that, but once I recover I'll try those again.
>>
>>37251107
>I find it difficult to add more weight
There are many ways to achieve progressive overload. You can do more reps or even more sets. You can reduce rest periods, you can squeeze harder, you can strecth or contract for a little longer per rep, you can increase eccentric lifting tempo etc.
It just has to get progressively tougher over time. If you aren't succesfully doing this, then you can't really expect your arms to grow.
>>
>>37250009
SS is the best program to start lifting on. Hands down.

I've quit Iifting and restarted so many times I've tried everything. I have quit every time I get to a 3.5 plate squat and approx 4.25 plate deadlift and I stall for months.

I have tried everything when restarting. SS gets me back into the quickest by far. Then I move into another program when linear gains stop.

Btw I swap out cleans for pendlays and ohp for dumbell shoulder press. Ohp is shit
>>
>>37250014
maybe you're not eating enough carbs
>>
>>37249106
>>37250194

Soy, milk, cheese, lentils, beans, eggs.

If you want to go vegan, lentils, beans and soy provide good protein. Soy is among the most protein dense foods there is.

I rarely eat meat yet I have absolutely no problem hitting my macros. Soy is better than red meat for this purpose, but chicken is best of all.
>>
File: freestyle-libre-abbott.jpg (9 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
freestyle-libre-abbott.jpg
9 KB, 425x283
>>37249427
Yes, but unlikely. Headaches are more commonly associated with higher blood sugars and you also have to consider that your blood sugar can significantly raise when doing resistance training (which bouldering would correlate with) since your liver may be releasing stores of sugar to compensate. This was the case for me and the first few weeks of strength training in the gym my blood sugars would skyrocket then bomb when doing cardio.

>>37249771
This is nonsense. I'm type 1 diabetic and have seen first hand insulin and blood sugar profiles of non diabetics which go up and down when they eat and fast and work out just like you'd expect, especially when eating refined carbs. They're a lot flatter and less wild than diabetics, but they're still constantly changing. Like he said though, 2-3 hours post-workout and your rested bloodsugar will trend towards a base of around 4.3mmol/l

Blood pressure is also a more likely and sensible explanation and more common.
>>
So when i perform barbell rows my left wrist feels like its seperating. As if the bones are coming apart and my hands going to pop off.

Warming up with 60kg is fine but trying to work with 75kg feels like im damaging my wrist.

Also its only when i do them over hand grip, underhand grip is fine on the wrist but feels weak; cant move as much weight as far or as many times
>>
>>37251415

Order of business:

1. Book an appointment with a physiotherapist,

2. Do not do barbell rows until you get this sorted

3. Do dumbell rolls instead.
>>
>>37251444

Rolls = rows
>>
>>37250399
Bump for interest
>>
File: 1461364705256.jpg (64 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1461364705256.jpg
64 KB, 640x960
>>37251444
Your score: Heavenly trips!
<----Claim your reward
>>
>>37251916

Not interested, I browse /fit/.
>>
File: IMG_20160521_121324_1.jpg (669 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_121324_1.jpg
669 KB, 1920x2560
150 pounds at 5`8, should I cut or bulk?
>>
>>37249106
No
No
>>
>>37252298

Neither.
Eat at maintenance and eat a lot of protein.
Lift weights and cardio.
You will burn fat and build muscle. These two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>37252420
Shouldnt do one of them at a time be more effective?
>>
How do I do a protein sparing modified fast... (wait for it) ... With real food? The only supplement I'd want to take is a multi. I'm not a rich man /fit/.
>>
Is fasting a good idea?
>>
How does /fit/ do wrist curls?

Standing/seated/preacher curl station? Barbell/dumbbell/ez-bar?

I tried adding them in as supplementary work as I want to have larger forearms. I just googled it and did some seated dumbbell wrist curls. It felt completely wrong because the Dumbbells were sort of wagging around and it wasn't obvious how far extended I should be going.
>>
>>37252532
No it's not
>>
have you guys tried freezing cooked fish fillets? I accidentally bought too much and now I have 3kg of it.
>>
File: nathaniel-buzolic.jpg (266 KB, 790x790) Image search: [Google]
nathaniel-buzolic.jpg
266 KB, 790x790
>>37252136
Here's your exchange then sir! Enjoy your prize!
>>
Any recommendations for L-Arginine on Amazon?
Tempted to just grab the cheapest
>>
>>37252604
But, to lose weight one should aim for a caloric deficit and to gain weight aim for a surplus, if you eat at maintance the progress would be almost non-existant

If someone could explain why this is wrong to me, that would be useful
>>
>>37252680

Protein synthesis can happen at a caloric deficit. It's a separate body function than that of fat burn.

If you eat at maintenance (with a heavy proten diet) for a year, and lift throughout that entire year as well as 1 day of cardio that year, you will come out the other end with greater strength gains and just as little fat than if you bulked up and then lost some of it in a cut.
>>
>>37252711
If that is true why do you always see threads about cutting/bulking?

And can you link me to some place to learn about what you just said? it is an interesting and useful matter
>>
>>37252756

Because if you cut/bulk you will see results much faster, which makes it more rewarding in the short term.

But if someone is on the fence "wether to cut or bulk", the answer is neither.

Cutting and Bulking both have their place. But you asked what would suit you.

The term is called body recomposition. Google it. Also, there are harms to cutting like your T-levels lowering and other rather nasty stuff. Nothing permanent tho.
>>
does your posture get automatically get better when losing weight and lifting?
>>
What are your favourite at-home exercises for your upper back? I'm doing weighted pushups, pullups, and tricep dips by wearing a backpack stuffed with weight. I need some way to balance this out for my back.
>>
>Been lifting for about a month now
>GAINED about a kilo
>waist has actually gotten smaller
Am I dying
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1295x911) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1295x911
>>37249106
>someone shopped question marks over this womans face
>now it is saved as question mark tattoo 7.png
but why? who would start off this awful chain of events
>>
I'm starting to notice imbalances in more and more exercises. Bench press, skullcrushers, OHP, my right side/left side is weaker than the other. What should I do?
>>
File: 0.jpg (29 KB, 560x470) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
29 KB, 560x470
Are kettlebells a good form of cardio in their own right? Specifically the KB standard swing. Thinking of making this my own extremely convenient form of main cardio.
>>
>>37253212
switch to dumbbells for as many exercises as you can for a while and it'll even out

barbell exercises are shitty for fixing inconsistencies
>>
>>37253223
The only problem I see with it is that you're basically doing endurance exercises with whichever muscles when you use them. As a result it's hard to complement these exercises with strength training without overusing them,. They need time to rest. But it depends what you're after. If you're into cardio and endurance and don't much care about strength then giver
>>
>>37252824
I will give it a try and do it as this article suggest with a calorie cycle

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-basics-of-body-recomposition-macronutrient-calculations-to-lose-fat-and-gain-muscle/
>>
I have started improving my hip mobility by doing whide stance squats (just like candito recomends), however, now my left hip is a little bit more mobile and flexibe than right one. Wat do?
Also, how does one improve deadlift overhand grip? I dont wanna change my grip style, but want to lift dem weights
>>
>>37253223
Good god that is a cringey image with a splash of good goy.
>>
>>37249124
>>37249153
>welcome to 4chan
>>
What should I look for when buying dumbbells?
Seems like spin lock is the way to go, but I'm not sure about the best grip material and plate set.
>>
sometimes when im sitting at my desk and watching or playing something , i somethimes just randomly piss alittle bit. this happens 2-3 times a day and its getting really annoying. it usually happens after ived used the bathroom . How do it stop this?
>>
>>37253024

Chins, obviously.
I guess you could try handstands too.
>>
>>37253532

Youtube some reviews.
>>
When should I cut? Currently 157 lbs at 5'7. Was thinking of cutting at 170 ish.
>>
>>37253223
Bumping. KBs for cardio. Anyone?
>>
Should I keep doing PPL to cut or switch to some cutting routine. I feel like 6 days a week might be a little much
>>
>>37249726
nice explanation based anon
>>
File: ypsdZhI.jpg (461 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ypsdZhI.jpg
461 KB, 1680x1050
>/pol/ and /r9k/ faggots invading
>pushing there cringey agenda's in every post
Why can't they just leave?
>>
>>37251119
I'll try doing that, thanks!
>>
>tfw I lift 4-5 times a week and do cardio every day of the week
>tfw little to no weight loss
>up the cardio, still no weight loss
>take a rest day
>lose weight

I never really understood this. I'm not eating enough to gain or sustain my fat, and I did cardio every day. How does over-training work?
>>
I have a small fever (99.8F/37.7C) with the slightest of sore throats
What's the best way to get over this and can I lift? I've already taken 2 days off to try to recover
I'm not bed ridden or anything, I just feel kinda achey
>>
>>37253829
you should maintain intensity on a cut to preserve and maybe even build a little muscle
>>37253703
stay between 15-10% body fat. If youre above 15% you should probably cut
>>37253576
toothpaste tube your piss out of your dick when youre peeing, do kegels, go see a doc. This isnt normal
>>37253437
look into hook grip. tape up your thumb with surgical tape to nothave fucked up thumbs
>>37253001
only if you train you back well. stronger back muscles= more pull so your chest is puffed out and that fixes stuff with your pelvis. Stronger abs also lead to better posture
>>37252558
in general youre looking for long term changes in your eating habits if you wanna improve how you look and feel. Its not too bad but you shouldnt be deprived of calories for a long time cause that makes you lose muscle
>>37252543
you should check out custommealplanner.com and improve your eating habits. PSMF takes waay more willpower and youll lose muscle and slow your metabolism down.
Foods you should stick to are non starchy veggies, greek yougurt, egg whites, skinless chicken breast,with some nuts and healthy oils if youre gonna do a psmf anyway
>>37250181
yup
>>37249450
its summer. Might be cause of all the extra sweating.
>>37249276
do both ideally
>>
>>37254057
Probably water weight senpai
>>
Anyone remember the name of that website that shows you what your workouts would look like for SS, Stronglifts etc based on your current numbers?
>>
which should I do to get more aesthetic, a pyramid weight routine or a straight one or a reverse pyramid?
pls respond
>>
>>37249389
plateus are normal when losing weight. I'm stuck at 89kg(196lbs) atm, going down from 97kg(213lbs). Been here for about a week and a half, suspecting I'll keep losing more very soon.
Used to formerly be 121kg(267lbs), and reached my lowest at 79kg(174lbs) last year, and I was stuck at 96kg(210lbs) for months on end.

Just try to change up what you eat, not necessarily macros, if low carb works for you, but what kind of meals? Proteins are good for burning fat too, so if your protein intake is very low, maybe look for something that has more protein without adding too much carbs, if you're scared of that. It's also probably not a bad idea to up the cardio and, honestly, maybe start lifting. It's good for losing weight too if you do high rep sets, and physical activity is physical activity. Best of luck to ya
>>
Between diddlys, squats and lunges am I covering all the muscles in my legs?
>>
>>37254706
stop doing lunges and do hip extensions
lunges suck and most people have underdeveloped glutes, one of the strongest muscles in your body
>>
If I eat a slight surplus on lifting days and eat maintenance on cardio days will I put on lean weight?
>>
>>37254090
Scooby says if you have a fever you shouldn't work out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9vGka5H7M
>>
>>37254690

What's the deal with plateauing? Why does it happen? Assuming of course you're always eating below your TDEE
>>
What is a good workout program for cutting? I know that I won't progress much, I'm somewhere between novice and intermediate right now.
>>
>>37249106
Benefits of squatting 135, and increasing reps vs Squatting for weight.
>>
>>37250399

His legs are short as fuck, aren't they?
>>
>>37254874

When you cut, you should just keep your regular program. You should still lift as if to make gains, because it's not at all unlikely that you'll make some.
>>
>>37254979
Ok, but up to now I've been doing 2 workouts a week, now I have 3 so I have to modify it anyway. But I suppose AxBxAxx BxAxBxx will be ok thanks m8.
>>
File: 1460948169219-2.jpg (285 KB, 1100x971) Image search: [Google]
1460948169219-2.jpg
285 KB, 1100x971
I have zero libido what the fuck i thought lifting helped with that.
>>
>>37255074
not if you cut
>>
I heard somewhere if the muscle can pump, the muscle can grow. (Don't remember where or when) Does this have any base in factual evidence? I can get a nice pump in my calves but they don't seem to ever grow.
>>
Should I get tested for low test before or after I lose all this weight
>>
>>37255081
2500kcal/day for a 5ft9 146lbs (176cm 66kg) guy is enough, isn't it?
>>
>>37255127

Yes, sounds about right.
Might be some other issue then.
>>
>>37255088

Before.
Your T-levels go down when you lose weight over a long period of time.
>>
How much weight do I deduct off of hack squats for personal records? I can't do barbell squats, I can just barely dorsiflex my ankles. Can't fix it, it's from a surgery I had when I was born.
>>
Fractured my ankle and can't drive to the gym, how do I not lose gains?
>>
>>37255205
walk to the gym instead
>>
File: 1461149789243.gif (3 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1461149789243.gif
3 MB, 350x280
>>37255190

Okay, thanks
Should I also get tested after?
>>
>>37250399

>no legs
>no chest

yeap.
>>
I honestly can't figure out why benching is so hard for me. I've been lifting 9 months now and I haven't been seeing much progress in my bench at all.
>165 lbs 6'0"
>Max Diddlylift 275
>Max Squat 225
>Max OHP 105
>Max bicep curl 110
>Max bench 145 for 3
Help me
>>
What makes more sense? Doing many exercises at suboptimal intensity, or doing a few exercises intensely?

For example, which is better for a push day?

*Coolcicada PPL Push day
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

or

*Chest/Tri Push day
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Incline DB Bench Press: 3x5
Rope Pushdowns: 3x10-12
Overhead Tricep Cable Extension: 3x10-12
>>
>>37249106

I have back pain whenever I OHP. It's a pinch in my upper back. It was in my lower back, but I watched a lot of form videos and dropped the weight a lot and it moved to my upper back.
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
Can anyone help me with my brown basmati rice dilemma?

1) How do I stop this shit from sticking together, soak it longer? More water? Less Water? At the moment I soak it for 40 mins then let the rice cooker do its thing and then let it sit for about 10 mins, all this while filling the water about an inch over the rice. It was still edible at this point, my best attempt yet.

2) The weight/calorie stuff, the rice I've got says it's 100g uncooked = 377 calories which is fair I guess, so I put 100g of rice in but after cooking because it obviously soaked the water, the rice is now heavier and there's a lot "more" rice than what I put in, putting the whole amount I made into one bowl looks like is way too much as a result. Is it supposed to be like this? Is brown rice that low in calories with the amount needed?
>>
>>37256398

i just boil rice and stir it once or twice while its cooking and it doesnt stick together much. try adding olive oil. also, try not soaking it. i never soak my rice.

rice gets bigger, yes. rice is low in calories, yes. that's supposed to happen.
>>
Today I found a red bump on the shaft of my penis, how can I tell if it is an std or an ingrown hair? I got a full std panel earlier this month and everything was clean, later I got a blowjob on the 12th, can you start showing symptoms that quickly? I haven't shaved or anything recently that's why I'm not sure if it's just a hair.
>>
>>37255225
I think you mean crutch there
>T-thanks /fit/
>>
>>37255228

Not if there's anything out of the ordinary from your first test.
But if they are low pre-Cut, have yourself tested a few months after your cut has ended to see if it's improved somewhat.
>>
"3x5" is 3 sets of 5 reps right? right?

im pretty sure i've seen both but one of them must have been retarded
>>
I broke up with the gf two days ago. How long should I leave it before getting tinder?
>>
>>37255862

If you are a novice, then less is more.

Also, 4-6 sets per muscle group is enough to hit it at nigh optimal activation. So 3 sets of bench and 3 sets of dips is enough for pecs/triceps etc. etc.
>>
>>37257011

correct.
>>
>on my first cut after a year of bulking
>about one week in so muscle or fatloss can't be too big
>feel like I'm fatter now than on my bulk
>feel like my muscles are way smaller

is it normal to feel that way? Are my muscles just deflated because they carry less glycogen?

I don't do low carb or low fat or anything, I just reduced my calories in and still get my 1g of Protein per lb Bodyweight.
>>
>>37249106
No you don't need meat to make gains. There is no scientific basis to the claim that meat benefits muscle growth in any way that other sources could not.

2. Yes you can.

Source: I'm a vegitarian. Slightly chubby but normies consider me fairly muscular.
>>
>>37257123

Jesus. You're one week into a cut and you "feel" strange?

Come back in 1 month with measureable data and then we'll talk.
>>
>>37250203
especially if you're a skelly you shouldn't use machines but should also have spotter for proper form.

So many early mistakes can just be skipped w/ spotter.
>>
>>37257011
Yes
>>
>>37257154

I don't feel strange, I just noticed that I look very much less muscular than at the peek of my bulk. My question is, whether it's something psychological, some sideeffect of staying under your TDEE or I should actually be worried
>>
>>37249389
You should really work out
>>
File: 1456230060798.png (104 KB, 481x725) Image search: [Google]
1456230060798.png
104 KB, 481x725
>>37249106
Is it true that all protein powders are the same and it's just companies adding their own shit that doesn't matter to make it more appealing so it can stand out among other powders? If it's true it doesn't matter if i'll buy the cheapest brotein since the effect will be the same?
>>
>>37254873
honestly not too sure myself, I wish I knew. I've heard peoplementioning water weight and such, but I personally have not seen anyone explaining excactly why it happens. Just your body being a general dick, really
>>
>>37258527
No there is a huge difference in quality, a lot of protein brands have so called "amino spikes", which simply said means that a lot of the stuff they say is protein isn't actually protein. Look for brands which have good professional reviews and analysis.
>>
File: Wallpaper-Starcraft-2.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper-Starcraft-2.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1600
>>37258527
AYY LMAO
>>
>>37256378
is it around your shoulderblades? your mobility might be fucked
>>
File: dog that look like a man.png (513 KB, 794x460) Image search: [Google]
dog that look like a man.png
513 KB, 794x460
I went to a modeling agency today, i was actually only applying for an graphic design internship but the guy actually offered me a part time job as a model too.

Said to get more abs definition in 30 days, besides cutting weight, what are some good abs definition exercises i should be doing?
>>
>>37256768
bedbugs maybe? I thought I got herpes last halloween, huge painful rash and sores around the base, but it turned out to just be a bug bite. did some spring(read:fall) cleaning, and shit got better.

or get tested like a normal human being if you're unsure.
>>
>>37257019
you should have gotten it yesterday.
>>
>>37250009
Don't fucking listen to traines. I went from 115lbs to 145lbs in a year. I never spoke or asked for advice from these morons. The ones at my gym are roid heads and they hit on every qt3.14 that needs advice.

Look up videos on youtube, Buff dudes channel helped me alot, theyb explain form and exercises in a simple way. Personal trainers are for pussies.
>>
if BJJ is on my lifting days, will my gains die?
>>
>>37259319
a blowjob jelq is fine any day, friend
>>
File: nervous.jpg (164 KB, 960x1231) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
164 KB, 960x1231
For how long it is ok to maintain 6-8% bodyfat? Am i going to fuck my health it i kep it low for too long?
>>
File: image.png (165 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
165 KB, 750x1334
Is this a good routine I'm currently on ICF 5x5 and wondering if I should switch to this
>>
>>37259588

Great for bodybuilding, shit for powerlifitng.
>>
is it normal to get lightheaded when doing deadlifts? I'm doing SL, which means 1x5 DL every other workout, I'm at around 75kg (165lbs)(only been on it for less than 2months), and I'm starting to get woozy and feeling like I'm gonna pass out after just 1x5. This has also been the case for whole workouts 2-3 times during the last month. I am cutting atm at 1500cals a day, and my sleep is a little fucked up, and I'm guessing one of those are to blame. It could also be blood sugar or dehydration, though I doubt it's blood sugar, and I don't usually have other signs or dehydration, and don't feel particularly thirsty.

Idk what do, it almost feels like I'm falling asleep in the gym, and I almost don't feel safe behind the wheel on the way home after.
>>
>>37259588
>>37259616

Also, don't do all of those exercises on the same day. Do:

A:
Squats
Bench
Curls

B:
OHP
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
Rows

AxBxAxx then BxAxBxx (3-day)
>or
ABxBA then BAxAB (4-day)

Skip Calf Raises 'cuz their shit. Best way to grow your calves is through incline jogging/cardio on an off day or 3+ hours prior to lifting.
>>
I like to get to a relatively comfortable
>struggle to finish last 2 reps
3x10 of a compound before I up the weight

will I progress faster if I do 3x8 or 5x5? and should I count bar sets/warm up 35%/50%sets or not?
>>
I'm trying to start an EC stack but can't find bronkaid or primatene anywhere. I'm in the states, what can I do? Also where can I find a chart of the dosages I should take each day
>>
File: 1459958328063.png (76 KB, 219x271) Image search: [Google]
1459958328063.png
76 KB, 219x271
>>37256975

Alright, thanks man
>>
What are some fit approved apps to help in cutting/bulking? Mainly from nutrition side of things..
>>
>>37249106
Nobody gave you a good answer. No, it is not necessary to eat meat for making gains nor for hitting your macros. However when eating veg you need to make sure you actually get everything you need - which means protein from multiple sources as to get a complete amino profile and all the other stuff you need to look out for like vitamin B12 or iron. Red meat also contains creatine, if you need lots of red meat there isn't actually any sense in supplementing it. I ate vegetarian for months and did just as well as anyone who would eat meat. I now eat like 500g meat per week + one serving of fish at most, not much more, but I don't notice any difference anyways. I still supplement with creatine and eat plenty dairy.
>>
>>37259627
bamp, really fucking with my workouts
>>
Any tips on when to lift if working overnight 12s? Just got a new job, fatfuck, and new to lifting..
>>
>>37249174
Just add 5 lbs a day. The rep scheme doesn't really matter that much. Just don't do something stupid like 1x25 or 6x1. Add weight over time.

>>37249276
If you feel like it helps, do it.

>>37250101
Yeah, it's possible. There are fitness celebrities that make money by posting shit on youtube, sponsorship deals, and being gay camwhores.

>>37250210
It's a meme diet plan for fat people without willpower to just cut their calories a bit. You can make your shake based diet with almond milk, greek yogurt, fruits and veggies if you wanted. It still has no real benefit over eating normal fucking meals.

>>37250885
Curls, some tricep movement, chin-ups/pull-ups if you're not already doing them, calf raises, some ab work.

>>37253001
Most of the time, yes.

>>37253532
Buy two Oly dumbbell handles and four 2.5 lbs plates, four 5 lb plates, and as many 10 lb plates as you want.

>>37253703
When you're too fat.

>>37255197
Are you trying to convert hack squat numbers into barbell squat numbers? Don't bother. There isn't some magic ratio.

>>37255849
None of your lifts are particularly good. You're not heavy enough, and your form and dedication are probably subpar.

>>37258527
Some companies basically lie about the protein content. Use websites like labdoor to determine which to buy. Myprotein is a pretty solid, cheap brand though.
>>
>>37259760

PLS RPLY
>>
How do I put a dumbbell between my feet/legs so I can do a weighted chin up?
The chin up bar is on a dip bar so I have to jump to get to it or put my feet on those ledges.
>>
>>37260581
You should up the weight when you can complete your prescribed sets, not when you "feel comfortable doing it". 3x10 isn't the best for linear progression, which is undoubtedly what you should be one.

What are your stats? If you're a beginner, get on a beginner routine.
>>
>>37260656
the best way i think would be to get a little step stool, the kind for jump ups or step ups or whatever, that's what i do cause there's a pullup bar in my gym that's really high. the other one i still have to jump to but it's only like 2 inches of reach i need
>>
File: pullupdumbbell.png (23 KB, 1338x772) Image search: [Google]
pullupdumbbell.png
23 KB, 1338x772
>>37260656
Hang it from your feet like this, not trying to grasp it between your ankles. I've done chins with 100 lbs like this.
>>
>>37258527
AYY LMAO
>>
Doing PPL. My legs are already plenty defined compared to the rest of by body. Can I just do squats on leg day and skip the leg press, leg extensions, hamstring curls, and calf raises?
>>
>>37261572
i only do squats and leg raises on leg day

i also do PPL
>>
>>37261587
Thanks, sounds like a good plan. I like the size of my legs so I'll just go for strength for now.
>>
>>37261604
yeah mine still grow anyway, i don't see the need to do all the extra stuff like leg press etc either way
>>
Why is it impossible to find a routine that has rowing as cardio as well. For a routine want something like upper, running, rest, rowing, rest, repeat. Is that feasable? Really just looking to get mil fit by November and blow just about everyone else out of the water.
>>
>>37261940
do cardio on off days
>>
I accidentally ate 500g of creatine (thought I had to load it but misread 50 for 500), can it kill me? should I call the meds? fuck I even got 7 creatine bottles so I had enough for 500g/every day
>>
>>37261986
0/10
>>
on TRT, what you eat still affects your testosterone? like a high fat diet having more impact on them
>>
>>37262057
Doing all kinds of weird things to try to manipulate your hormones is fucking stupid. It makes for good fitness articles that people want to read, I guess.
Yeah, you need a minimum of fat to ensure optimal hormone balance, but it's not like more and more fat results in more and more testosterone.
>>
what's a better program?

Mon 5x5, wednesday 3x5, friday 1x5
or
Mon 3x5 tues 3x5 Wed 2x5 Thur 2x5 Sat1x5
>>
>>37262084
I see, so it's mostly snake oil to get some shekels from people. but would your dietary choices have any effect on injected testosterone?
>>
Going to start Candito LP on monday after doing SL5x5 for 5 months. The program does LUxLUxx (lower/upper). Can I switch it around to be ULxULxx or is there a specific reason for it to be lower before upper? I only ask because with my work schedule, I really don't want to have lower days as they are laid out in the program and would prefer them to be after upper days.
>>
Is cauliflower and broccoli enough to get all my veggie nutrients? I am really not to big of a fan of any other vegetables.

As for fruits I mostly eat oranges, limes and cucumbers. Are there any vitamins or minerals that I am depriving my body of?
>>
>>37262133
Mostly. Broccoli is top tier and cauliflower is good too. I would try to fit other vegetables in where you could though.
>>
>>37261948
So more like upper body, running, row, repeat, with a break in there every two rotations or so?
>>
File: 20160521_082622.png (742 KB, 1043x521) Image search: [Google]
20160521_082622.png
742 KB, 1043x521
In pressing movements with a barbell, like OHP and bench press, I feel a clicking in both elbows while going up and down. The only way I can fix it is by going wider with my grip. But that still makes narrow or even regular grip presses impossible.

Is there any other way to fix this?
>>
>>37262200
Have you tried actually warming up?
>>
Serious question for the homos and none homos who have opinions on the matter
I'm 5'4 and 120lbs, currently dieting to reach around 110-115 so I lose the little bit of belly I have left.

My goal is to be qt and twinky for /fit/ guys do any of you like the sweatpants idgaf short slim boyish face aesthetic?
>>
>>37262200
HAES shit aside, this is a fucking funny reaction image.
>>
>>37262225
I warm up with a set of 12 with the bar only (although my regular lifts aren't much heavier, skelly mode female). Would there be a better way to warm up in order to prevent elbow clicking. Btw it happens with liw weights too.
>>
>>37262272
It depends on what you look like. I am a fan of twinks and would totally fuck one who came onto me.
>>
>>37262327
Have you never done any sort of sports in your life?
That one set of 12 is a warm-up set, it's not an actual warm up. You know what the goal of warming up is? To get warm. You should be sweating a little bit.
>>
>>37262339
I have a cute face i've been told.
People who know I'm gay say I'm cute, people who think I'm straight call me handsome
I personally think I'm attractive at least to guys. But I don't really know
>>
>>37262347
I misunderstood the question then. So cardio before workout?

I do take the bike to the gym occasionally as a warm up, that didn't seem to fix the joint clicking. But I will try and implement another form of cardio before training and see if it helps (and doesn't mess with my lifts) Thanks anon
>>
>>37262371
There are literally endless ways you can warm up. The trick is of course to do so without getting needlessly fatigued or spending too much time on it.
>>
File: sd-skeleton-800.jpg (26 KB, 512x598) Image search: [Google]
sd-skeleton-800.jpg
26 KB, 512x598
its 4am here just got back
>first time at a gym
>first deadlift, bench press, ohp, bb squat
FEELS GOOD MAN

>mfw i benched 60lbs
>>
>>37262349
do you guys think that is enough or no?
>>
>>37249106
Veggie here making good progress on a no meat diet. I drink 6 scoops of soya protein a day and try to eat one meal with quorn chicken a day. Oats for breakfast and peanut butter if I can. I can usually make my target protein amount with another quorn meal or something cheesey.
>>
File: 1434590272455.jpg (42 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1434590272455.jpg
42 KB, 480x640
>>37262496
literally what are you even asking?

if people telling you you're cute is "enough"?

like yeah ok some people might like you. I don't understand what kind of answers you're looking for
>>
>>37262563
I don't even know.
Its 4am I should go to sleep

>tfw no bf and no sleep
>>
File: 1412645079498.jpg (92 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1412645079498.jpg
92 KB, 500x499
>>37262577
good night
>>
>>37249106

You are a lion, born with fangs. Sink your teeth into flesh.
>>
I would really like a baked plantain for desert tonight. I am currently eating at maintenace, 2500cal. I estimate the plantain (though I will weigh to make sure) to be anywhere from 350-500 cal.

Would there be anything wrong with me simply burning those extra calories from cardio so I stay on maintenace calories?
>>
File: Pain.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Pain.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /fit/ - So I've been running regulary lately, all's been going well with a few start-up issues such as hurting ankles, hurting knees and so on, but I chalked it up as beginners stress as I've been dormant for about 2 years.
Though I am now experiencing a lot of pain at the bone-part of my lower leg, in the area circled. It can get so bad that I can't even walk - it hurts everytime my knee moves.
What gives? And how can I fix it?
>>
I have no time for breakfast in the morning, will blending oats along with other things like bananas, peanut butter and milk provide an adequate breakfast replacement in the morning?
>>
If I reach a goal weight on a lift,, like squats, and just keep lifting that weight instead of adding to the bar, will my legs stay the same size or get smaller because the muscles will get more efficient at pushing weight?
>>
>>37263054
Sounds perfectly fine
>>
On a push/pull/legs split. I am doing 5x5 squats on leg day an adding 5lbs/week. Will 5x5 squats once a week work and will I progress with it?
>>
>>37262090

The reason you're not getting an answer is because there's so much more that needs to be specified.

Are you a novice? What lifts are you doing on the different days? What's the overall routine like?
>>
>>37263372
Blending it is fine.

>>37263396
They'll stay roughly the same

>>37263439
>Will 5x5 squats once a week work and will I progress with it?
Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on a million factors.
>>
>>37250014
how old are you?
>>
could you rate my routine ? 18yo 68kg 180cm
Mon chest/tris
bb press 4x6
incl db press 4x8
cable flys 4x6
low cable flys 4x6
tricep dips 4x6
skullcrushers 4x8
db tricep ext 4x6
tricep pushdowns 4x8

wed legs/abs
squats 4x8
leg press 5sets/12,12,10,8,8
leg curls4x12
seated calve raises 4x12
hanging leg raises 12,12,8,8
crunches 12,10,10,10

thur. back/bis
bent over row 4x6
t bar row 4x8
db row 4x8
seated rows 8,8,6,6
lat pulldowns 8,8,6,6
lat pulldowns(v-grip) 10,8,8,6
db curls 12,10,8,8
hammer curls 4x10
ez bar curls 4x8
cable curls 12,10,8,8

fri.shoulders/traps/abs
db press 4x8
lateral db raises 4x8
front raises 4x8
db shrugs 4x12
bb shrugs 4x12
leg raises 4x10
>>
File: 1359670663011.gif (474 KB, 127x139) Image search: [Google]
1359670663011.gif
474 KB, 127x139
>>37249889
>>37250375
>>37262396
>>37262563

>literally

Shit milennials say. Makes it real easy to pick out who was raised by a single mom though.
>>
>>37263696
Don't be weird.
>>
>>37263206
pls respond
>>
>>37263656
>>37263656

Not sure if others would agree, but I think theres a lot there, probably too many exercises per day, you could lose one or two from each, except for your leg day
>>
>>37263804 i used to do less but it felt like i wasnt doing enough exersises
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.