[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is coffee and tea for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: 1436785402974.jpg (392 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1436785402974.jpg
392 KB, 1600x1200
How bad is coffee and tea for you?
>>
bump?
>>
Coffee takes away your appetite and gives you caffeine addiction
Tea contains antioxidants and can improve muscle endurance
>>
>>37247300
But tea is nothing but carbs, coffee actually has some protein (I drink it black)
>>
>>37247393
>coffee actually has some protein
The only protein you'll get in coffee is from the small amount of milk you put it in
Tea has like 0.4g of carbs per serving
>>
>>37247393
Are you retarded? Tea is zero calories if you only add water
>>
>>37246804
They're both actually quite good for you
>>
>>37247476
huh, extrapolate.
>>
>>37246804
they are both good in moderation. they are both derived from natural ingredients and as such will contain those benefits there within
>>
>>37246804
They are good for you. And the caffiene boost is great for mental and physical work. Also helps digest a big meal. Drink 1-3 cups a day. Coffee is the largest source of antioxidants for the average american.
>>
>>37246804
Herbal teas are better than coffee and can add a lot to your life. Green tea has a lot of anti-oxidants and contains the amino-acid L-theanine, which increases concentration and relaxation. It stimulates appetite and has been found to increase fat burning even greater than coffee. It also contains a small amount of caffeine.

Chamomile tea promotes sleep, and suppresses anxiety. This effect is long last, and people who stop drinking still have traces over two weeks after.

I'd recommend you try it. Keep in mind that green tea is sensitive, and needs to be brewed at 80 degree Celsius for best amino acid yield
>>
>>37247300
This. Going on 3 weeks now with no coffee and caffeine pills. I sleep better, faster, wake up earlier with no grogginess. I would recommend having a glass of oj or a small breakfast over coffee desu famalam.
>>
>>37247446
Tea is 0 calories senpai
>>
What a gay thread.

Both of them are fine and can be good for you as long as you don't overuse them like a retard, like with most things in life.
>>
>>37247676
But how to get off the coffee? How to deal with the 3 day migraine etc? TELL US HOW MAN!
>>
>>37247651
I'd like to add to what this guy said that white tea is great for anxiety, doesn't make you sleepy, and mixes well with Caffeine
>>
Plebeian crushed up non-organic bag teas are potentially bad for you because they often have heavy metals in them.
Whole leaf tea is good for you and has limited amounts of caffeine.
>white tea master race
Herbal tea is a complete and total meme except for matè and camomile
Rooibos is also quite good for you and has no caffeine
>>
>>37247716
See thats where I cant help you. Ive heard people say they get shakes, migraines, stomach pain like actual withdrawals after a few days but I literally never felt anything man. I can tell you Ive been eating alot more than usual (summer bulking anyways) and I dont get depressed mid afternoon like I used to. I guess I was addicted to a point.
>>
>>37247722
I'm this anon >>37247651

You think green tea is a meme?
>>
>>37247716
Wean yourself off of it, when you're at about a small cup per day you can stop completely, or move down to green tea
>>
>>37247777
Read his post
>herbal tea
Usually refers to teas not from the tea (camellia sinesis) plant.
>>
>>37247716
how much coffee are you drinking to get headaches when you don't have it? I have one or two cups a day during the semester and then I always take a break right before finals so that I could get the most awakeness/cup while studying for them. Never had a problem with withdrawals, but I assume that's because my intake is babbytier compared to those of y'all that actually get addicted.
>>
>>37247797
Semantics, I'd say
>>
Most of the time, the people who talk shit about tea and coffee are the type of autistic manbabbies who will request hot chocolate when someone at work goes on a coffee run.
>>
>>37247847
Why don't we all just agree to call them tisanes?
>>
>>37247897
Sounds gay
>>
>>37247884
Mm I love hot cocoa brb gonna go hot chocolate run
>>
>>37247777
Green tea is totally fine, i just prefer white tea.
Herbal tea is a meme that only exists for white people with dreads who want to seem healthier.
>>
Coffee runs the American economy you fucking faggot
>>
>>37247300

lmao nobody is gonna get addicted to caffeine from coffee

try preworkout. lots of it. there's your addiction.

well, my addiction ;_;
>>
>>37247847
Not semantics at all, Camelia sinensis is totally different. People just call anything that you brew in hot water tea, herbal "tea" is totally different gay ass hippy shit
>>
>>37247690

FDA allows companies to round down to the nearest 5 or 0 for calories
>>
>>37246804
terrible, you'll die of aids
>>
>>37247676

how in the world does having breakfast compare to a caffeine high

i mean, i eat breakfast daily but how am i supposed to be hype AF off oats?
>>
File: sandow.png (134 KB, 274x305) Image search: [Google]
sandow.png
134 KB, 274x305
no idea, all i know is that this nigger said he abjured it

any substance that makes my heart rate go up bothers me. coffee, adderall, dxm. i don't mind downers like pot or hydrocodone though
>>
>>37246804
Neither is harmful is you limit your intake to only 4-5 cups a day if caffeinated.
Coffee has a ton of benefits, for less than 1 calorie per cup you get 11% daily riboflavin needs.
It has a few other vitamins and a few minerals in it also, all around a great drink if you leave the sugar out. Add some 2% milk if you can't drink it black.
Tea is roughly the same, though I believe two calories. It has a lot more antioxidants.

Caffeine is also healthy, don't let the fags tell you otherwise, we just aren't suppose to have as much caffeine as the typical 1st world diet has.
Drink decaff if you want, you'll still get all the benefits.
>>
>>37247949
Yeah, I'm not talking about what you see as nutritional values. Most teas you find in stores have sweeteners so they aren't zero calories. Im saying that the actually tea plant has no calories, which is a fact
>>
>>37247959

opposite here

hate pot, love stims like caffeine or coke
>>
>>37247799
2-3 mugs a day. I've quit before (only lasted a couple months or so before going back because of nostalgia and needing a pick up) and went through the migraines for days then weeks of feeling tired and depressed as fuck. Now I drink 2-3 mugs a day and feel just as fuck but in a different way than being sober.

I guess I just need to man up and let it go and get past that 3 month mark to get my normal self back or something. But I'm truly scared of going through that 3 day headache a 3rd time.. like not to sound pussy but I'm truly scared lol
>>
>>37247942
Herbal tea is denoted by coming from a herb, correct?. Would camelia sinesis not qualify as such?
>>
>>37247978
Thats kind of a dumb technicality. If it's qualified as herbal than it means its not camelia sinensis. Hot beverages that arent camelia sinensis are widely varied and typically not as healthy as CS and are also largely untrustworthy/not well tested/a cash grab on people who are edgy
>>
>>37247955
Nothing will compare to a caffeine high without coffee dude. Anything for breakfast will give you a moderate dose of energy (not caffeine energy) but enough to get you lifting or without feeling like shit in the afternoon.
>>
>>37247973
i think the lazier people prefer downers and more active people prefer stims

whenever im not in the gym, all i want to do is feel as relaxed and pleasurable as possible, and that usually involves cannabis indica, sometimes diphenhydramine as well like 50-75mgs
>>
>>37248030
>>37248030

lol coffee won't give me a caffeine high. i couldn't stomach enough of it.

a few scoops of mr. hyde does the trick tho
>>
>>37248001
Sure it does, because camelia sinesis is a herb
>>
>>37248032

Personally, stims work strongly on me. Caffeine makes me feel really great and energetic, I know some people aren't quite so sensitive to it.
>>
>>37248032

i hate feeling sedated because i'm not actually relaxed. i'm just bored. stims ftw.

but i'm also the kind of person who can't focus on anything unless i have my body engaged in something stimulating. probs adhd or someshit.
>>
I feel like my tea bags don't filter out the larger particles because they taste... scrappy? What if I seal them in coffee filters?
>>
>>37249132
Well I just tried that and... it definitely seemed to help. Yay.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.