[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
18 and been smoking cigarettes for about the past 6 months. Yesterday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Cigarette_smoking_400.jpg (49 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
Cigarette_smoking_400.jpg
49 KB, 400x265
18 and been smoking cigarettes for about the past 6 months. Yesterday was my first time I smoked a whole pack in a day, I'm getting worried about it. I'm a fatty, too. About 40-60 lbs overweight. I want to get into better shape, I should quit, right? How do I quit?
>>
>>37245022
>I should quit, right?
yes

>How do I quit?
Stop buying them
>>
>>37245022
How many a day?
>>
>>37245055
See now this is a smart man.

Shit's hard, though.
>>
>>37245088
I haven't been counting recently, but I'd say it's gotten to usually over ten. I'm a pizza delivery driver so very often I will just smoke my entire shift
>>
>>37245022
There is no way around it than simply quiting. If you can't do that, than you would rather be addicted than free
>>
Quit now while it's easy, I smoked for 5 years and quit a year ago and it is still holding me back massively , my cardio is aweful because my lungs don't function properly and Im useless in competition in the thing I like to do most (BJJ) because I get breathless. (21 yrs d btw) you know the facts if you don't quit smoking your a fucking retard, it's not even considered cool anymore most girls won't touch a smoker and the ones that do are nasty
>>
File: 1459967360615.png (186 KB, 375x374) Image search: [Google]
1459967360615.png
186 KB, 375x374
>>37245022
stop being weak and just quit, smoking is disgusting
>>
Take whatever cigs you have left, run them under water, spray them with windex and chuck em in the trash.
>>
Op again

I'm going on a road trip in about a week with a bunch of friends, none of which smoke. I think that would be a good place for me to quit. Would it be bad to wait until then? Should I just quit tomorrow?
>>
Jesus man a pack a day? A whole shift of smoking? Have some self control. You wouldn't be in this situation if you had a healthy relationship with your impulses in general. That goes for anything food, weed, alcohol, it doesn't even have to be physically addicting like tobacco that just puts in a deeper hole.
>>
>>37245216

Depends on how long you want to prolong your death. Not long? Smoke'm while you've got'em.

Want to live a bit longer? FUCKING DON'T SMOKE.

I volunteer in a hospital. Do you know how many oldfags I have to see rotting to death due to smoking-related diseases? COPD being the absolute #1. Jesus fuck just stop if you want to have any semblance of a non-shitty life when you're older.
>>
>>37245241
Fuck, this one hit hard. I have a huge problem with all of that. I have very little self control that's why I'm so fat, too. Fuck
>>
>>37245216
Quitting cold turkey is possible, but it's the one method with the least success rate. I would recommend googling a quitting plan which involves nicotine patches or something similar.

The most important thing for quitting is internal motivation, you have to have a personal reason for quitting (for example that it interferes with your gains or that it literally makes your dick smaller). Also, watch this for some starting motivation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aaF-7wlE2M
>>
>>37245319
ultimately all problems in your life (that you can fix) are due to a lack of self-discipline and all good advice comes down to being in control of yourself at all times.
>>
>>37245319
If you're a britbong you can go to the GP and they can't set you up hard with anti smoking and anti weight loss stuff for free.
>>
File: 1460340129964.jpg (38 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1460340129964.jpg
38 KB, 681x496
>Should I quit?
Listen kid you became a dumbass and started smoking cancer sticks and they even play a role with your weight problem
Quit if you are not happy don't quit if you are happy
>>
>>37245022
It's soon enough now that you can still quit. DO NOT put it off any longer. At one point it becomes near impossible for most people.

If you can't quit them (but DO actually try first) get an electronic cigarette. Gradually reduce nicotine until you're at 0, then quit altogether. Example:
>1st week: 18mg
>2nd and 3rd week: 6mg
>4th week: 0mg
After that only vape 0mg when you get unendurable cravings.

And start going to the gym. Lift weights. Do some cardio. It will help a lot and smoking a cig after gym is disgusting. Doing cardio with a short breath is also horrible.

While you're at it start eating healthier too. If you start multiple healthy habbits at the same time and put yourself in that "healthy" mindset it tends to give you more motivation because one habbit helps you maintain the others (just as one unhealthy habbit helps you maintain the others). At least that is my personal experience.

Eat at maintenance until you quit the cigs, just start eating cleaner. After that you can start cutting.

And if you fail, don't get discouraged enough that you leave the "healthy" mindset altogether. Get just mad enough that you are able to jump right back on track again stronger.

Good luck.
>>
>>37245319
You can do it tho broheim. I used to be the same way. Set attainable goals like I'm only having 3 cigarettes this shift then down to 2 to 1 etc. Find the triggers for your habits and control become self aware you can apply this simple logic to many habits good and bad.
>>
>>37245470
I'm amerifat, anything like this in the states?

>>37245491
>>37245510
>>37245413
>>37245435
Thanks for the advice, guys. If I had any doubts about wanting to quit before they ate completely gone now. I'll find a plan that'll work for me. Probably start buying nic gum or something. I think the road trip will be a big help to it. I'll be too busy with my buddies and doing some drugs to think about cigs all the time I think.
>>
>>37245022
After smoking about 5-6 years I've been struggling with quitting. Just quit now, it's not worth it. Drug addiction is no fucking joke.
>>
>>37245544
Thanks, man. Plus, honestly, I've been in a pretty sad lonely place emotionally right now.I frequently turn to stuff like eating and smoking when I'm feeling shitty. I think making a point to better myself would do wonders for that stuff, too.

I for sure ate two $6 Jack in the box late night deals last night. That was retarded.
>>
>>37245241
>tfw no self control

if I have one beer it is guaranteed to turn into a shit faced night because I can't have just one
>>
>>37245022
>smoker
>overweight
You shouldn't quit. You should die.
>>
>>37245770
<3

At least we're not alone
>>
>>37245770
>>37245806
we're still going it make it hermanos
>>
>>37245858
to*

I hate mobile phones
>>
Get an electronic cigarette. As dorky as they are they're a great tool to quit smoking "cold turkey" without wanting to kill yourself. It'll give your hands something to do while driving so you're less tempted to spark up. Don't get some ridiculous 300 dollar box mod with all the bells and whistles, I'd recommend the Eleaf Istick starter kit, modestly priced and it'll help you quit. Do what >>37245510 says when it comes to juices, start high in nicotine content and taper off over the course of weeks.

t. Recovering teenage smoker, if I can make it you can make it
>>
>>37245022
Everyone can change but not everyone will, it is just up to you.

Quitting smoking was how I started trying to improve myself, the more things you make right, the easier it gets. The better you feel, the harder it is to fail on yourself.

I distinctly remember when I finally quit for real, for the first few months I didn't smoke because I was so scared of having to go through fucking withdrawals for the 50th time. After a while it changed from not smoking because of being scared, to not smoking because I was proud. It is a nice feeling and one you'll want to chase fatty xox
>>
>>37245022
Will power dude.
>>
>>37245609
Yeah depression feeds bad habits for sure. I had a friend who was pissed about working at Arby's so he blamed weed for his shitty job. He quit weed smoked more tobacco than ever and drank 40s like niggas were about to buy up the world supply. Point of the story he's still depressed about Arby's and feeding bad habits. Find things that you enjoy and are positive things in your life everybody has a few then pour all your energy in there and you wont even miss the negative stuff.
>>
>>37245022
You probably won't understand this because you're a fat shit but quitting smoking is simple self control. I smoked a pack a day for 7 years, quit cold turkey and it was pretty fucking easy to be honest. It's a few days of cravings for a lifetime of gains. Fucking no brainer man.
>>
>>37245942
yeah pretty much this.

quit while it's easy, man. every day you wait is another hurdle.
>>
>>37245022
Do ten push-ups Everytime you want a cigarette.
>>
>>37245022
>How do I quit?
Hahaha op, kys
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.