[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any opinions on this workout regime? Context: Im a 6'2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: strawng.png (476 KB, 1039x725) Image search: [Google]
strawng.png
476 KB, 1039x725
Any opinions on this workout regime?

Context: Im a 6'2 130lb skeleton trying to put on muscle, nothing special.
>>
Read the fucking sticky you nigger
>>
rippetoe's starting strength or the wichita falls novice programs are considered better by most.

but it's not as if you won't make gains on stronglifts, pretty much anything will work for a beginner
>>
>>37244302
It's great for a beginner.
There's a point where you should drop it down to 3x5 though in my opinion.
>>
>>37244341
specifically, where's that point?
>>
>>37244370
after you have to deload twice
>>
>>37244370
It varies from person to person.
5x5 is great when you're learning the lifts, but after several months to a year, 5x5 on all the lifts can be a bit much and you'd get basically the same benefit from 3x5 due to diminishing returns.
>>
>>37244341
not OP, i think i hit that point, what to do here?
>>
>>37244370
When you stop progressing.

Now before you make another thread blaming your skinnyfat physique on a gene that causes fast metabolism and keeps you from building muscle. Let me fucking tell you, you are delusional about food, and your metabolism is dictated by muscle mass, size in general and how much you move your skinny bony ass.
>>
File: 60yo Rippetoe 227kg DL.webm (1 MB, 577x563) Image search: [Google]
60yo Rippetoe 227kg DL.webm
1 MB, 577x563
>>37244302

Go with http://fitsticky.com/starting-strength and http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs instead
>>
How do you know you stop progressing? I've been doing SS for a month.
>>
>>37244563
You read the goddamn program. You won't fail a month into it, or even several months. Assuming you are eating properly (you do have your diet on point right?) you will not stall until 6-9 months into it. It will be gradual and you will notice small stalls that fix themselves by next workout, but eventually they won't.

Read SS and PP for more detail.
>>
>>37244563
>How do you know you stop progressing?

you must be a dumb fucking retard.

you stop progressing... When your lifts, can you guess it? Stop fucking progressing.
>>
>>37244596
6-9 months?! I thought I was going to be getting muscles and strong in around 2-3 months , Jesus Christ this shit takes too long.
>>
File: 2549207-riddick_by_lotte1199.jpg (4 MB, 3508x4961) Image search: [Google]
2549207-riddick_by_lotte1199.jpg
4 MB, 3508x4961
>>37244638
You're mistaken, but also naive. With consistent effort and dedication to your training, nutrition and recovery you will notice and see results at 2-3 months, of course, but like anything worth learning to do correctly and see benefits from it takes time. If you want to see results put in the hard fucking work and have some patience, or just stay a DYEL Faggot. Your choice, no one is going to carry you up the iron mountain.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.