[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of the Olive oil I pour in the frying pan will I actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: Oliveoil-chicken.jpg (923 KB, 3318x2212) Image search: [Google]
Oliveoil-chicken.jpg
923 KB, 3318x2212
How much of the Olive oil I pour in the frying pan will I actually consume? Assuming I eat all the chicken ofcourse
>>
All of it. Oil doesn't evaporate
>>
Take what you started with, subtract whatever is left over. That's how much you're eating.
>>
Very little. With a nonstick pan you only need less than half a tablespoon, though I'd prefer cast iron or steel to get a good sear on the meat. That's like 60 calories, though. Considering that half probably stays in the pan, you're probably consuming only about 30-50 calories by doing this. If you're really anal about it, you could just pat them with paper towels.
>>
I'd also use canola, vegetable or corn oil in place of olive oil for frying chicken, but that's just me. It's a taste thing, plus it has a low smoke-point.. I love olive oil, but I don't find it very useful for frying meat.
>>
>>37244065
you sure you can eat all of that anon? Good job!!! Finally getting over your high metabolism are we :), here comes the plane pheeeeeeeeew!!!! open your mouth here it comes XDD

Just kidding anon, you're doing good =)
>>
>>37244065
that piddly ~600kcal meal shouldn't worry you anyway unless you're a 160cm girl.
>>
damn I should learn how to cook chicken breast someday.
>>
About 5ml not a lot. 10ml if very dry food. Dunno what those measurements are in imperial/Ameritard units.
>>
>>37244390
how long have you been here?
>>
>>37244415
Only been in fit for a few weeks.
>>
when frying chicken oil retention is around 10% more if you do a shit job at breading

when just cooking in a pan all the oil thats not still on the pan is in the chicken
>>
>>37244390
>oil in pan
>turn on stove
>drop a piece of chicken breast into pan
>flip it

I seriously overestimate people's intelligence. It's amazing to me that people can't do the most basic of tasks.
>>
>>37244588
I just replied to a guy asking

>How do you know you stop progressing?

I feel you breh.
>>
>>37244588
I buy all my food pre made. It just looks complicated, what if I overheat it and burn it? what if it's not cooked right? What seasoning? What food will it work well with?

That's why I just buy it premade
>>
Why are you frying olive oil? Fry with a saturated fat like coconut oil, or just lard.
>>
>>37244615
>complicated

fucking hell dude , how much of a mommas boy are you?
>>
>>37244615
cheaper and probably healthier to cook it yourself anon

i usually do this

Ingredients :

400g chicken breast strips *about 140g of protein*
Black pepper
Garlic powder
Canola/Vegetable oil

Put 1-2 tbsp of oil in the pan, head to around 400 degrees

Put chicken breast in, heat until golden brown (or slightly yellow white if you like it softer)

Remove chicken

Sprinkle lightly with pepper and garlic powder

done
>>
>>37244646
I never learned to cook , I'm 27 if that helps. I just eat premade food.
>>
>>37244615
>what if I overheat it and burn it?
you will learn quickly
>what if it's not cooked right?
you will learn quickly
>What seasoning?
search google/youtube
>What food will it work well with?
the same food you buy premade, but just make it yourself

I really struggle to understand people sometimes

what did you eat growing up and who cooked it?
>>
>>37244668
You're retarded, literally.
>>
>>37244688
rude.
>>
>>37244615
Being OK at cooking is literally the easiest thing.

Here's a couple of tips so you don't fuck up

DON'T LEAVE THE KITCHEN if you keep your attention to cooking you can't just simply burn it.
>>
>>37244588
i would advise people here to cut their chicken into bit sized chunks or smaller and spice those.
>>
>>37244722
why
>>
>all these guys seasoning their chicken

don't you know what scooby said? He said "if it tastes good, spit it out". I only eat boiled chicken breast with plain brown rice and my gains have almost reached the natty limit like scoobies
>>
>>37244766
Do you think Scooby spits or swallows
>>
>>37244727
tastes 2 times better. and every bite you take has spices on it.

also you can cook it really hard really fast so they chicken stays juicy
>>
>>37244766
white_people.png
>>
>>37244154
Gotta use non-virgin. Big difference. Cooking olive oil is bretty good
>>
>frying chicken
1l of water
1 bag of frozen vegetables
500g of frozen chicken breast
4 tsp of instant soup powder
Random spices

Boil for 15 min or until chicken floats to the top

Vegetable stew for maximum satiation, chicken breast for dem protons.
>>
>>37244945
whats it like having no tastebuds
>>
>>37244945
this

also throw in macaroni for the carbs if you want
>>
>>37244065
>cooking chicken with olive oil

wrong.
>>
>>37244945
>>37244973

something just died inside of me
>>
File: 1325960579873.gif (2 MB, 214x193) Image search: [Google]
1325960579873.gif
2 MB, 214x193
>>37244663
You're just going to confuse him.

>>37244615
Take a pan with some oil. Heat should be enough that the oil crackles.

You take your chicken breast, make sure it isn't too thick - about 3cm deep at most - and stick it in the pan.

You hang around for 2 and a half minutes, and then you flip it. Cut it with a knife to check the inside cooked. When it's done, add some salt and eat it. Maybe put it in a sandwich if you're daring.

When you master that, do this crazy shit >>37244663

Baby steps, anon. Baby steps.
>>
Brine your chicken first
Pound it kinda flat
Cook in olive oil not to long just enough
Season with spices salt lemon
>>
>>37244065
>How much of the Olive oil I pour in the frying pan will I actually consume?

It doesn't fucking matter if you have to ask here.
>>
protip: put chicken in a bag, use a rolling pin, or bottle of wine to beat the fuck out of the chicken breast until the thick part is the same thickness as the thin part. now it cooks even and is tenderized.
>>
>>37244390
decent b8
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.