[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, longtime skelly here that recently started working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 7ZjLg9Q.jpg (140 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
7ZjLg9Q.jpg
140 KB, 800x598
Hey /fit/, longtime skelly here that recently started working out and I want to start getting serious about lifting. My diet is getting better and I'm sticking to a routine but it's getting a bit difficult with my home set up. I think it would be awesome to go to a gym 3-4 times a week but I'm pretty embarrassed that I'm benching and squatting so light. I have a shitty bar from walmart that is gonna snap in half when the day comes that I put more then 50 pounds on it and my squat rack made out of 2 broken couches is starting to seem less safe everyday.

Idk if I should just invest in a new bar and an actual rack (may be weird because I have real low ceilings) or just man up and just start going to the gym. Have any of you went through something similar or have any advice to offer?
>>
>I'm pretty embarrassed that I'm benching and squatting so light

no one at the gym cares how much or how little you lift
>>
>>37238634

Just suck it up and go. No-one is paying any damn attention to what you're doing at the gym.
>>
How autismo are you?

>what people think about me > personal safety

just fucking go to the gym already
>>
File: IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg (448 KB, 792x760) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg
448 KB, 792x760
>>37238634
yh buy a rack exc i have low ceilings and just cut 6" of the rack also i sit when i do OHP but it works.

>suck it haters
>>
>>37238650
I have been just taking the bar outside to do OHP, Gym definitely seems the practical way to go I just need to man up.

Sweet set up though!
>>
The gym is the least judgmental place you can lift at
>>
>>37238663
Literally never been to one in my life, I have a few near me I'm going to check out tomorrow. I work nights so maybe going to a 24hour one before work would be cool.
>>
>>37238675
Seriously they won't judge what you lift, I can easily lift way more than I normally do, but I don't normally for reasons
>>
>>37238650
Does it double as your cuck shed
>>
>>37238650
dude nice, pump shed!
>>
>>37238697
only on weekends
>>
>>37238702
thanks bro we gon make it

would be cool if i had something twice as big for some strong man gear. mabey one day
>>
>>37238715
Can use strong man stuff outside
>>
>>37238814
i do. i cart it all down to a field near me
>>
>>37238814

Some of it. Some of it is just tailor-made for destroying whatever part of the backyard its used in. In any case, you usually can't leave it outside.
>>
>>37238830
One of my gym bros has a bench setup where if he fails a set a hydraulic lever will flip the bar off him.
>>
>>37238634
fuck me that is a ghetto rack

>8 crates
>wood
>gardening gloves to stop weights rolling

when that shit goes wrong its going to really go wrong
>>
>>37238861
home gym anon here.
I don't even know what my barbell bench is anymore because I'm afraid of having to do the roll of shame. I envy your friend.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.