[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will lifting help me not feel suicidal and feel like a massive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Will lifting help me not feel suicidal and feel like a massive failure/disappointment to everyone around me?

Ive felt like this my whole fucking life.
>>
It'll be something to do while you're waiting to die. You be more aesthetic, which may help some.
>>
If you have serious underlying mental issues you should seek to tackle them directly, rather than trying to fill voids in your life with lifting. It might make you feel a little better about yourself, but don't expect any miracles. Seek help.
>>
>>37236275
My issues are my business and mine alone.

What kind of man goes to a fucking therapist.
>>
>>37236241
Yeah it'll help slightly. Instead of wanting to kill yourself you'll dream about killing these weights.
>>
>>37236309
The kind of man that wants to take steps towards solving his problems, instead of just wallowing in self-pity.

The kind of man that's secure enough to discuss personal things.

The kind of man that's brave enough to try something new and uncomfortable in order to achieve his goal.

The kind of man that doesn't deceive himself into thinking he has control over everything, when deep down inside he knows he's let shit get way out of hand and he has zero control over anything.

Mental issues are very much like physical ones. Especially if you've felt this way your whole life as you say, it's not going to get much better for you if you do nothing. And it's obvious you can't deal with it by yourself at this point, so why not try something different?
>>
>>37236309
>My issues are my business and mine alone
>Posts on internet forum for advice on issues
>>
>>37236432
Seeking help like that brings shame to both myself and my family. A man can deal with his own issues, he doesn't need a crutch.

This what i've always been taught.
>>
>>37236432
Very well said anon. Pretty shitty that it's considered wrong to get help with mental issues if you're a man.
>>
>>37236451
This type of thinking is what leads to the astronomical number of male suicides. If you have a broken leg you're gonna go to a doctor right? Why wouldn't you go to a doctor for a mental illness then?
>>
>>37236451
A lot of these people think they can deal with their own issues and those same people go on to suffer for years, in many cases needlessly, harming themselves and their families in the process. At what point in time do you say "Ok, maybe I'm not really capable of fixing my problem, maybe it's time to try something else". It's quite sad that a lot of people think they can fix themselves, but it's so painfully obvious they're incapable of doing it, since they DO go on and on and on and suffer through the same things with nothing ever changing. If you could have ever changed something you would have by now.

You think you can solve your own issues but the reality is you're just afraid. You're too proud and it's getting in the way of you and your friends and family's happiness. In your case taking action isn't a form of weakness, it's exactly the opposite. Doing nothing and hoping that it will magically fix itself is weakness.

If you've been suicidal your whole life you have about as much of a chance of "dealing with it" and feeling normal as you do healing a bullet wound with no medical supplies.
>>
File: Not great today.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Not great today.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
OP I know it's hard to get out of the mindset to think that "real men don't talk about their feeling / see therapists" but you really ought to give it a try.

Some personal notes as someone who has been suicidal all their life but has been consistently seeking help for it:
>It won't "fix" you
Abolish this idea right now. If you have serious / clinical depression as it sounds like you might, that's a burden you're going to have to carry. Therapy HELPS.

>It won't work immediately
It takes time to feel like progress is being made. Like lifting, you're not going to get jacked after doing it for a few weeks, or months. It takes time. Keep at it.

>Don't be afraid to be 100% honest with your therapist. They are paid to help you, that is what they want
This is a big one. Don't lie to them. Be forthcoming, they're not going to reveal any of your personal info to anyone. Be honest about everything, too. If you're not jiving with your therapist, tell them. Don't be shitty and rude about it, but tell them you feel weird with them. They'll understand and help you find someone who does work for you.

God speed, friend.
>>
>>37236241

Not really. But at least you'll be strong.
>>
>>37236451

Seems like it's been doing you a lot of good, huh?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.