[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dinner Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 20160519_180100.jpg (291 KB, 1024x745) Image search: [Google]
20160519_180100.jpg
291 KB, 1024x745
Do rubs have calories?
>>
Please tell me my food looks good so I can eat it.
>>
sexy af 10/10 would fuck that bowl
>>
>>37235238
Depends if there's sugar in the rub or not.
>>
>>37235238
small amounts of carbs, usually, so yeah
>>
I hate cooked veggies. How do people stomach them? It seems wrong to me.

When I think of vegetables I think of cold, raw and hard....not warm, cooked and soft.
>>
>>37235454
Also..

There's nothing better than a cold fresh raw salad after eating a hot steak.
>>
>>37235428
You're too kind, thank you.

>>37235437
There is in this stuff but the label claims 0 calories per quarter tablespoon. I think I'm putting snake oil on my chicken.
>>
>>37235454
>>37235467
Truthfully I think its years of having mushy cooked veggies shoved down my throat by my folks that makes me crave them now.
>>
Any tips on how to make chicken more brown? I do 2 tablespoons of honey/Soy sauce/ water, but the chicken ends up being still white with little tint of brown, how do I make it really juicy lookin?
>>
>>37235531
Are you grilling or using a pan?
>>
>>37235545
Using a pan, Watch Laura in the kitchen on how to make Chicken stir fry, I kinda used what I have around, but the chicken breast was the frozen one from Costco that I let it thaw out over night and cut into little pieces. Could it be that I need to add some starch or something thicker?
>>
>>37235574
Starch would make your sauce a bit thicker, I can't say for sure how it will affect your chicken. Do you cover your pan when your chicken cooks? Covering the pan makes the top of the chicken cook from the trapped steam. This seals in the juices inside the chicken.
>>
>>37235238
what is that? chicken, but what are the other things?
>>
>>37235238
How the fuck do you burn chicken
>>
>>37235641
*blackened. Do you even cook, bruh?
>>
>>37235402
I would eat the fuck out of it and I just ate.
>>
>>37235634
Chicken, grilled squash, zucchini, mushrooms, and there are some black beans hiding in there.

>>37235641
The chicken isn't burned, ingredients in the rub taste better when they char up.
>>
>>37235482

Yeah, 1/4 tablespoon is about two pieces of chicken. Snake oil, indeed. Just like Ritz crackers are trans-fat free, even though they contain hydrogenated oil, and spray oil is fat free. Fat free fat, fucking amazing.

You can thank the USDA for these lies.
>>
>>37235667
The shit I read about bread is astounding. There's dozens of different types of overly processed grains that all names that would make one assume they're healthy. I need to start making my own rubs.
>>
>>37235628
It's half/half, usually start with the cover on so it cooks it quicker and half way down I take the cover off and start mixing the pan.
>>
>>37235765
You could try cooking your chicken breasts whole and prep your sauce/veggies separately. Keeping your breasts covered and whole helps them retain more juices. You just let them sit a minute or two before cutting them up and adding them to your stir fry.
>>
>>37235667
One big trick is 1 "calorie" is really a kilocalorie, and the rule for rounding is pretty lax.

So if you're 500 actual calories of fat, you can round down to say zero kilocalories.
>>
>>37235802
The chicken taste is not bad, I'm not worried about that, and I cook the chicken first, put it on a plate, cook the veggies, place them on different plate, take some garlic break it up, put it on the pan and let it sizzle, place the chicken for a minute, then add the veggies and the sauce mix, cover it up and wait a minute, then let it open and keep mixing. What I am trying to get is for the chicken to be less "frail" and more "saucy" looking, imagine having the chicken from a take out, the chicken is covered with the sauce and it ends up being really wet in a way, idk if this is better, or am I just being a sperg about it.
>>
chicken breast
steamed vegetables
water
3 months
no deserts

1/2 cup oatmeal for breakfast

thats how u cut senpaitachi
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.