[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tuesday night: >I ate pot roast with red beets and cheesy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (820 KB, 2424x2609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
820 KB, 2424x2609
Tuesday night:
>I ate pot roast with red beets and cheesy potatoes
>Had the shits with vomiting that lasted about 15-20 minutes about a half hour after I ate.
>Startes pooping small, watery, bloody clumps (about 1-2 cm) of what I assumed to be leftover waste or beets with no pain while it passed, and the (mild) bleeding stopped after one wipe

Wednesday morning:
>I've been having mild cramping that comes and goes (A 1-2 on a scale through 10). I took one aspirin then, but I haven't been taking anything else since. It hurts a little if I (slightly) push in my stomach, but the pain goes away after I let go.
>Bloody poop has stopped coming out, I assume this is due to irritation of my large intestine.

Wednesday night throughout today:
>No poop at all except for gas and urine (I've been drinking a lot of water and tea). I've been able to eat full meals from last night's dinner (chicken and rice; I hear rice can help with BMs) to today's lunch (Nathan's hot dog with fries while I was out)

Do you think it's just a stomach virus passing through my digestive system, or something suspicious? I talked to my mom who is a registered nurse, and she told me to go call a doctor if I start pooping clumps again. I know it's definitely not hemorrhoids because there was no pain whatsoever when the clumps came out with water. Hoping it's nothing serious like cancer in the long run. Pic related are what the clumps looked like on Wednesday morning, but it's ceased since.
>>
>>37234005
You drink or smoke son? Probably an ulcer or uc/chronnes/chronic something.
>>
>>37234005

because of the quick onset it's probably

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/staph-food-poisoning-topic-overview
>>
>>37234080
Ocassional drinker (usually just 1), but I never smoked. My mom used to be a heavy smoker when I was younger, but she's well on her way to quitting since.

>>37234095
Possible, but not likely; my mom brought dinner over to my place and she (along with my girlfriend) ate the meal with no consequences. If that were the case, all three of us would have gotten it.
>>
>>37234165
I think you might have ibd though. Or a hell of a virus. Blood in stool especially red means inflamed or irritated lining.could be triggered by an autoimmune response. But everyone else ate it and they'd fine so.... You didn't have any constipation and massive shits that could tear the lining of your anus and colon. Somethin in you either wear holes in or cut something in your gut (sharp pain) and nausea/vomitinf is a sign your body went through itand stopped you from sending more stuff down. Its not lupus.

T. House
>>
>>37234005
some medfag can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think as long as the blood is red you are for the most part ok as long as it's not a gallon, probably just roids. red blood is fresh blood, if you are shitting dark blood i believe that is a bad sign.
>>
Some many amateur doctors up in here....

It's bright red blood, very small amounts - probably hemorrhoids/anal fissure from having the shits. The initial illness was probably just a virus. Sounds like norovirus or similar to me.

TL;DR - Bright red blood is nothing to worry about, as it indicates a bleed right by or on your ass. Even something minor like a hemorrhoid can produce what looks like LOADS of blood in the toilet - pretty scary, but again nothing to worry about.

Dark red/brown "coffee granule" blood in your stool is a sure sign you need to get your ass (literally) to a doctor.
>>
>>37234295
>>37234312
>>37234335
Yeah, I figured that as long as nothing changes or goes away in a few days, all is well. I knew it'd be some kind of autoimmune virus, as I'm feeling a bit better as of now. Cramps are still there, but they're usually mild and go away in a short period of time (a heating pad helps, too). I did some research and thought it'd be nothing more than a fissure/IBS.

>>37234335
When I noticed the flaky clump firsthand, I assumed it was either the beets (I know they give you the red shits) or just something foul in my system. Hopefully I'll be able to make normal BMs in a few days time, as I pretty much shat myself dry.

Thank you all for the help and advice, so far!
>>
>>37234005

Here are your differentials,

Most common presentation for BRBPR is hemorroids. It doesn't need to be painful. In fact, most internal hemorroids presents as non painful bleeds. You would need an anoscopy or at the very least physical exam to confirm. Prepare to answer the following questions: do you have chronic constipation? rectal itching? do you do strenuous exercise (duh if you're on /fit)...etc

Infectious causes, this could range anywhere from a whole host of bacteria. What was the timing between those food you ate to bloody stool? Usually that would be a good piece of info to give to your doc. Either way, your doctor will probably run the normal stool antigens for common bacterial causes. And you will be asked for any recent travels, sick contacts...etc to rule out some other causes.

IBD is certainly on the differentials. Including Crohn's or UC. Your doctor will ask for your family hx regarding those things to see if you will need further work up.

Depending on your age and your family hx of any colon cancer, you may/may not need a colonoscopy to rule out colon cancer. Normally, if you're younger than 50 and don't have any risk factors, this won't be done.

A workup to be expected will included a thorough physical exam including rectal exam. Prepare to answer couple of more questions not already mentioned above like a better pain profile including where, onset, severity...etc Detailed medication list and social hx (make sure you mention that you lift lel). Anscopy should be done if you're below if your doc does it by the book. CBC w/ diff to check for anemia, infectious causes, bleeding secondary to plt dysfunction, CMP possibly w/ pancreatic enzymes will be done. Stool antigen if he suspects infectoius causes. PT/PTT if he suspects bleeding. Further workup if you have positive family hx, these could include imaging studies like abd CT etc.
ran out of space, goodluck.
>>
>>37234005
looks like colitis.
>>
>>37234547
>Do you have chronic constipation?
No, I usually eat salads with my dinner and drink a lot of water.

>Rectal itching?
No, not right now. Sometimes after I do a particularly big load, it hurts a bit but goes away after 5 minutes.

>Strenuous exercise?
Moderately, given that I go to the gym with a friend (we train each other). My routine is usually no more than 30-35 minutes. On other days, I just go for a jog (weather depending).

As I said in my OP, the shits happened roughly 20 minutes after I ate, beginning with a stomachache. I'm 24, so a colonoscopy is ruled out; although my dad had a rare type of cancer that started off as walking pneumonia and had to get a colonoscopy done as the cancer spread (RIP, Dad). I'm not exactly sure how an anscopy is done, but I assume it involves minor poking around up there along with a fecal culture (if I end up making a BM), if a few other things are in order. I'll screencap this thread and bring up the advice with my doc, if push comes to shove (heh).
>>
>>37234335
gotta love it when the tl;dr is longer than the original thing

get your shit together
>>
>>37234706
>we train each other
>My routine is usually no more than 30-35 minutes
>I just go for a jog
>(weather depending).

Ok, you have to be the biggest and most homosexual troll we ever had here. Get your ass together (literally).

I can tell you the reason you're ass is bleeding: Tyrone is giving you too much of the D.

CMON
>>
And this is why universal health care is desperately needed in the US.

Go to your fucking GP.
>>
>>37234909
As of now, it's just mainly gas and mild cramping. If I get bloody stools again after a day or two, I'll call up my doctor.
>>
>>37235024
i'm getting the same thing, scare as fuck that it's crohn's, especially since I have psoriasis
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.