[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a weightloss question. >5'3" 248 lbs female
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 15435435.png (94 KB, 314x276) Image search: [Google]
15435435.png
94 KB, 314x276
I have a weightloss question.

>5'3" 248 lbs female

Website said my TDEE is around 2800 so I'm trying to aim for 1800 cal, but now that I'm very consciously counting, I'm having trouble reaching that. Is that too high? I've been eating around 1300 for the last few days, though I imagine it will be much easier when I'm going to the gym regularly. Would it hurt to eat less than that in the long run? Does that even sound right? I really want to do this right.
>>
>>37231448
If you eat too little it will screw up your metabolism and make it harder for you to maintain your weight loss in the future
Try eating at least your BMR. BMR, not TDEE

Move more to create a bigger deficit if you want to
>>
>>37231448
5'3 at 248lb? MAN THE HARPOONS!!
>>
>>37231522

I think that would still be 1900 cal? I know I'm big, but that feels like a lot. But I guess the best way would be to try it and weigh each week to make sure it's ok and go from there.

>>37231661

No kidding.
>>
>>37231661
Funny.
>>
>>37231692
>I think that would still be 1900 cal?

Nope pretty much it's not that much
Try http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>>
in my opinion, you should divide that to 600 calories per meal.
so 3 meals a day.
that's not too hard.
>>
Golden rule for cutting: Overestimate what you eat, underestimate what you do for workout.

I'm 6'4'' guy currently cutting 1800 cal.
>>
>>37231707

It says 1628 for Caloric Intake Target, that seems more doable. Thank you.
>>
File: Uyr6Bfm.png (313 KB, 796x1765) Image search: [Google]
Uyr6Bfm.png
313 KB, 796x1765
>>37231720

That's what I had planned, but I keep eating closer to 300-500. Right now eating pic related (with a couple of revisions), 559 cal per bowl. I've also been eating lots of eggs, and have some more stuff I'm making later this week.
>>
>>37231785
You'll notice that more towards the bottom of the page you can put your target bmi and then it gives you your expected bmr when you reach your goal weight, maybe try to eat at least that much
>>
>>37231448
Most people are really bad at counting calories. Especially overweight people. Try thinking back and counting what you used to eat - if that's not over 2800 it's probably wrong, because you weren't losing weight then.
>>
>>37231725
That's some solid advice.
>>
>>37231851
Oops it gives the expected tdee actually
But really just choose the "i'm basically in a fucking coma" option for the multipliers and it'll work with just your bmr anyway
>>
>>37231448
If you can't eat up to 1800 cals a day, how'd you get so fat in the first place?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.