[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Split Routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 3GF3dylK.jpg (144 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
3GF3dylK.jpg
144 KB, 1252x1252
Yo faggots, im trying to get into a new routine since i wont have as much time for gym cuz of stuff.

Anyway ripped a page straight out of Elliot's book cuz im gonna be doing less but dont wanna gain less. Came up with this

Day 1:

Front Squats/ Squats
Pull ups
Shoulder Press
Bicep Curls

Day 2:

Deadlift
Dips
Bench Press
Pushups

Yeah i know it doesnt say reps of weight but this is like a rough draft, was wondering if you guys can add something like 2 or 3 more exercises that i should be doing or move around the ones i plan on doing.
>>
File: 20160519205747.png (203 KB, 1002x519) Image search: [Google]
20160519205747.png
203 KB, 1002x519
>>37230838
If you want a new routine, you should try Explosive Strength.
>>
>>37231220
oh i dont have a trampoline tho haha
>>
Rows are always useful.
>>
>>37231345
seated or barbell rows?
>>
>>37231355
Barbell, increased spinal loading I think is always useful for athletics.

Also, why no back squats? And why not just do an u/l split?
>>
>>37231384
i do have back squats which im gonna be alternating with front squats weekly

Also sure hit me up with some u/l split imma try that, Elliot just made it sound simple, fast and worth
>>
>>37231417
How strong are you? Do you do a sport (including WL/PL)?
>>
>>37231454
eh im not THAT strong desu
can deadlift 165lbs and can squat 132lbs

also do you mean spot? cuz yea i usually have a gymbuddy around me
>>
>>37231490
No, I meant a sport.

Also, do fucking SS (PROPERLY, READ THE BOOK) you scrub, you're piss weak and shouldn't even be thinking about doing anything else until you've got your numbers up to a reasonable point.
>>
>>37231523
i got into lifting like i dunno 4 months ago, was doing as a hobby but now i wanna stay consistent.

Just treat me like a newbie kid and tell me what i should be doing
>>
>>37230838
How are you gonna be running this? Like, how many days a week? And on consecutive days? Anyway, I'd add a horizontal row and either facepulls or lateral raises to day 1, and some direct tricep work and calves to day 2.
>>
>>37231550
not the same guy, but he told you - SS! I'd try stronglifts 5x5 instead tho
>>
>>37231572
imma do it like

>day 1
>day 2
>rest

repeat with sundays being rest as well
may squeeze in a bit of cardio during rest days if i can manage.
>>
>>37231523
Most people want to look better more than they want to be stronger, and there are better options than SS that will still get your strength up while giving you a more balanced physique. If I could do it again (and I did run SS), I would go for ICF, PHAT, or a generic P/P/L with linear progression instead. Doing the bare minimum amount of work necessary to drive strength progress is fucking stupid when you could be making aesthetic gains at the same time by putting in more volume.
>>
>>37231550
Read the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. Take the form advice with a grain of salt (especially the squat, Candito's form video is ok).

The point of this, is to up your work capacity. Your body is not ready to train how more advanced athletes do (for example, I train 5 days a week, do a squat, bench or deadlift variation EVERY TIME), Starting Strength is perfect for this purpose, it is challenging because the weight is always increasing, and you are therefore always working near max, while having few exercises and little overall volume. You should be doing this at least until you can squat and deadlift 315 pounds, at which point you'll have decent enough work capacity to move onto something else.
>>
>>37231627
You do SS because you have shit work capacity and can't get volume (ACTUAL WEEKLY VOLUME, not meme bodybuilding "volume") in as a beginner. Get the fuck out, you know nothing about training.
>>
>>37231657
SS is a good beginner program – it's hard to fuck up, it teaches you the basics, and you will get stronger. I'm just saying that, from an aesthetics standpoint, there are better programs that will get you stronger a little slower while making you look better a lot quicker.

If you want to look good, doing 9 sets of chest every 2 weeks (and no horizontal pulling in the base program) is not going to cut it. A beginner is not going to overtrain, so getting them in the gym more than 3 days a week will give them better results. I'm just saying, as someone who started his lifting career with a 6 month bout of SS, if I could do it again I would do it differently.
>>
>>37231657

you do SS because you're told to do it and you're too stupid to know how to do anything else.

daily reminder: you're the type of person who just does shit they read on an anonymous imageboard without any research themselves.

i bet your talking points re: ss are just shit you read on /fit/ you're going to parrot.
>>
>>37230838
do you mean "not as much time in the gym" as in less minutes per session, or less sessions per week?
>>
>>37231751
Power clean is a horizontal pull, I believe you can also use the power snatch if you are so inclined. That coupled with chins should give you a nice V-taper. Same with bench press, if you perform a bench press CORRECTLY (most don't) then heavy bench presses are one of the best mass builders for chest.

And again, the point is to make you strong enough to train properly, which you just won't have the capacity to do.
>example
>my monday
>3x15 abs
>2x15 back extension
>3x8 Incline bench @ 60%
>3x5 squats @ 80% supersetted with 3x8 squats @ 60%
>2x8 Standing barbell press @ 50% of bench
>3x6 Good mornings
>5x10 hamstring curls
>3x8 SLDL on 5cm block @ 40%
>front squats 2x6 @ 50%
>>
>>37231879
im just gonna have less time to workout
like i used to spend 45-60 minutes in the gym but now im gonna have like 25 and 40 at a stretch

imma shorten the rest time as well cuz gotta go fast
>>
>>37230838
A:
3x5 squats
3x5 bench press
1x5 deadlift
3x5 weighted chin-ups or weighted pull-ups

B:
3x5 squats
3x5 overhead press
5x1 power clean
3x5 weighted dips

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Additionally you can do push-ups right after you wake up every morning.

>>37231618
Doing deadlifts the day after you've done back squats is a terrible idea because you may not be completely recovered from the heavy squats.

Consider cycling to work or school, so you won't have to worry as much about cardio.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.