[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
body types
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
is there /fit/?
>>
File: ecto_vs_meso_vs_endo.jpg (1 MB, 3300x2254) Image search: [Google]
ecto_vs_meso_vs_endo.jpg
1 MB, 3300x2254
>>37229748
>>
>>37229748

No
>>
>>37229748
I have an extomorph body if I dont eat alot

mesomorph when I eat food but it starts to break down

and the endomorph when Im bulking up and stuffed.
>>
I definitely look like an ectomorph, which sucks. I'd much rather be a mesomorph.
>>
The difference is fat content. That's all i see. Ectos look fatless. Meso has a tiny bit and endo is no leanness. I went into gnc for yohimbine and the faggot teen sales guy said "were mesomorphs so water pills might be good for losing weight"

I stared at him and just walked out.
>>
>>37229829
Overall body width/breadth of ectos and endos is visibly different when comparing two types in their lean, fit forms >>37229765.

The problem is with people like you associating endomorph to fat.
>>
My body looked like it was pulled from under the definition of ectomorph until my upper back finally started getting bigger.
It's bullshit. Anyone can put on more muscle or fat.
>>
>>37229799
This

This meme is fucking with me more that the manlet one
>>
>>37230059

No matter how strong I get, I still have this persistent look to my shape.
>>
>>37229748
>>37229765
The ectomorphs look more like mesomorphs for me desu.
>>
Holy shit what is up with all of these fucking retards on /fit/ today? It's all bullshit pseudoscience that was disproven a long time ago
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatotype_and_constitutional_psychology
>>
>>37229799
then bulk, retard
its all just body fat
>>
>>37230190
this
>>
its from the same tier of ignorance as
>"you feelin the pump bro?"
>"no pain no gain!!!"
>"cardio is enough for legs"

its just a very basic way of lumping the large range of trainee's metabolisms, current body fat, current muscular development etc into 3 categories so they can be very briefly referred to in places where detailed knowledge isn't paramount eg a PE class, a PT with a new client etc
>>
>>37230203

Can't. I work for several hours in 90 degree heat (though adjusted for the humidity, it's likely even worse in terms of heat index).

I think, right now, my body is just trying not to be damaged by heat exhaustion.
>>
>>37230296
>Can't
oh i wonder what bullshit excuse I'm going to hear from anon today
>read the rest of your post
not impressed, lad
>>
>>37229748
No. Just bf%

/Thread
>>
>>37230203
People like you have zero attention to detail. A guy with narrow shoulders will never look as wide as a guy with naturally broad shoulders. Suggesting that it's all just body fat is retarded - Edomorph != fat. Any body type can get fat, and there would still be differences.
>>
>>37229857
Dude these were made in the 1940s and were used for psychology. Basically saying fatties are happy and skinny is nervous.

That is the "science" this is based off. Do you really want to be basing your assumptions of that stupidity?
>>
>>37230366
See>>37230374

Also do we really need a big outdated nonsense word to say "wide shoulders vs tiny shoulders, big waist vs small waist?"
>>
>>37229765
Did these guys forget to do any kind of leg exercise?
>>
>>37230547
that's a normal upperbody:lowerbody ratio you fucking nerd

i know you're used to seeing a T-Rex in the mirror but most people don't squat 3x a week
>>
File: bodymorph.gif (1 MB, 420x640) Image search: [Google]
bodymorph.gif
1 MB, 420x640
>>37230374
>>37230344
Disregarding that non-sense, you can't deny there's some truth to the physiological aspect of Sheldon's study. To suggest that it's only fat that defines the body type of a person is ludicrous and the actual non-sense here.
>>
tfw endomorph

guess I'll be a bear
>>
>>37230366

I did try make the shoulders and traps bigger trick. I just look like a buffer ectomorph.

I even worked out my legs heavily. I look like a proportional ectomorph.
>>
>>37229772
>>37229874
>>37230190
>>37230739
Alright, so let's get this all clear. There ARE NOT three broad categorical body types based on fat distribution; honestly, it wouldn't make much sense if there was.

BUT people do have differing bone structure and muscle insertions. Everyone's body looks different, naturally, and some will have wider hips or broader shoulders than others, chests that have or do not have a gap, a propensity to gain love handles or to have a sagging chest if unfit, and through the multitude of these small differences, we can get men and women that are similarly strong and of similar height and weight and even bodyfat, but different builds.

Unfortunately, this isn't a very useful answer. It basically says that we just don't have enough information on body types. Attempting to define yourself with a word or two is not within our capacity yet from a perspective that is actually factual, so we just revert to sucking our own dicks about this dipshit color wheel "build" nonsense that's been around since the greeks were fucking each other up the ass.

I mean, we're done with assigning people personalities based on how much bile or blood they have in them. The least we can do is stop being fucking retarded.

Is that about it?
>>
>>37229748
Otter mode, athletic mode, bear mode

These -morphs are just scientific memes
>>
>>37229748
>is there any truth to FRAME

it's up there with FACE and HEIGHT
>>
>I-I'm not fat; I'm just an en-endomorph

I fucking hate you assholes
>>
>>37230880

Pretty sure I'm small-boned then.
>>
>>37230739
>FACE/FRAME/HEIGHT is a meme they said
>you're gonna make it they said
>>
>>37230953
Are you the motherfucker who keeps saying that they are an ectomorph?

I will explain it anyway; big boned and small boned are also made up terms. There are actual medical conditions that have to do with human growth hormone production. These influence bone size. You probably don't have them.

If you measured your proportions or posted pictures, we could judge you more accurately, but I'm assuming you have body dysmorphia.
>>
tfw ecto hardgainer, i just wanna be big guys i eat soooo much every day xDDDDD
>>
>>37229765
>left guy
shoulders rounded forwards. He looks less swole because he probably has shit form on chest exercises.

>middle guy
good shoulder posture. You can see his chest better so he looks wider

>black guy
BBC genetics

prove me wrong fags bodytipes don't exist
>>
>>37231052

Or just insufficient protein consumption. I got tired of the taste of protein powder, but I really do need to go back to the stuff (I don't eat any meat. Not a vegan, just don't like the taste of meat).
>>
>>37229748
Endomorph master race reporting in. I have no problem putting on mass and when it comes to a cut I just have to be really good
>>
File: AndreZieheDigitals02.jpg (29 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
AndreZieheDigitals02.jpg
29 KB, 400x600
>>37231260
Andre Ziehe's frame is tiny. He's a textbook ecto.
>>
File: 1462958727822.jpg (87 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
1462958727822.jpg
87 KB, 600x456
>>37229748

body types are a meme

now kill yourself
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.