[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the optimal macro spread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 500x708
What's the optimal macro spread?
>>
75% fat
20% protein
5% carbs
>>
>>37229647

25/25/50
P/F/C
>>
>>37229647
100 % fat
thats it
>>
>>37230102
What kind of stuff do you eat to get those numbers? I have a hard time eating so many carbs without having too much fat
>>
>>37230226
not him but I have more of the opposite problem so here I go:
>rice or pasta with chicken breast
>bread (only full grain German stuff)
>oats
>>
>>37230226
Chicken
Peanuts
>>
Based on my "research", for combined goals of max gains/test and min acne (muh glycemic) I do 20P/40F/40C. Currently 2700+burn kcal/day clean bulking (manlet).
>>
>>37230329
>Peanuts
he specifically requested food with high carbs, low fat
>>
40/40/40
P/F/C
You need all macronutrients evenly.
>>
>>37230365
but carbs are just for pleasure, they dont really do anything.
>>
>>37230490
>carb are just for pleasure
>they serve no purpose
I really wish there was a way to enforce age limits and filter roody-poos on Tibetan alternative medicine forums
>>
>>37230905
only cals, protein and fats matter. theres a reason why people who do keto dont suddenly drop dead.
>>
>>37231043
You're brain damaged, there's no reason to keep blogging about it.
>>
>>37231104
nice source faggot.

keto works for a reason.
>>
>>37229647
The only thing that matters to anyone is protein per goal body weight (somewhere between .65 and 1.5 grams/lb) and getting enough fats to make your body function (a mystery value to be sure).

My advice, that I totally didn't steal from Scoob, is that you eat the right amount of protein rather than necessarily trying to hit a target percentage.

My macros that way are 131g protein (35%), 58g fat (35%) and some 30% carbs. But basically I try to get in that protein more than anything.
>>
>>37229647
30/30/45

P/F/C
>>
>>37231148
Breatharianism works too. Breatharians have roughly the same sources of ketofags. In the meanwhile, traditional medicine have long established that such an high protein intake is simply poisoning. Keto "works" for morbidly obese americans who can't stop stuffing hamburgers in their face and who can't help their vomit if they smell a cauliflower. Ketosis is an emergency mechanism provided by our biology, we have a bunch of those mechanisms. The whole body and brain is structured to use carbs and sugars, not ketones.
>>
>>37231229
>131g proteins
So I assume you've a lean body mass of roughly 73kg - that is, 85 kg @15% bf - and that you're an Olympic strength athlete. Care to show off your body?
>>
>>37231544
>you're an Olympic strength athlete.
Fat manlet making progress actually.
>>
>>37231449
not him,but unless you're working all day in construction/agriculture you don' need a lot of carbs.
>>
>>37232632
I think you're confusing refined carbs and free sugars with unrefined carbs. A glycemic boost is nice for manual workers, sure, but carbs are required by anyone - including students and intellectual workers. The brain literally works with sugar and oxygen. Keto is just a starvation-alike mechanism. You're not supposed to live on keto, and keto is not a healthy diet.
>>
25/30/45 of F/P/C
>>
40%C
40%P
20%F
>>
>>37229647
100% protein.

If you hit 2500 calories that's 625g of protein.

Mad gains, son.
>>
File: pBZKfPR.jpg (1 MB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
pBZKfPR.jpg
1 MB, 1700x2200
>>37229647
5/30/65
C/P/F
>>
>>37233070
keto is fucking shit
>>
>>37229647
/fit/ has it all wrong. Body doesnt go off ratios, it just matters how much grams of protein, fats or carbs youre getting per your bodyweight.

I honestly dont understand why this picture isnt popular on here. Me personally I am trying to get <100g of fat daily, which isnt too hard.
>>
Peanut butter is a pretty good spread
>>
>>37233348

I agree, it's just an easy shorthand to talk about ratios.
>>
I've found 30 C, 40 F, 30 P works for me. Gives me enough protein in my diet for gains and fats for Test, while still allowing me to eat fruit and have family meals with bread, pasta, or rice every few days.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.