[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Military /fit/izens in here? What is the proper form for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1401040525151.jpg (55 KB, 630x413) Image search: [Google]
1401040525151.jpg
55 KB, 630x413
Any Military /fit/izens in here?
What is the proper form for wearing IOTV/IBA? I'll be doing field exercises all week + the next one and ever since basic my shoulders/traps and upper back hurt like a mother fucker whenever I wear armor. Any tips or even stretching to help stop the pain?
>tfw NCO's just tell me to suck it up
>>
Pls halp
>>
Can you translate from freedom speak? If you mean something similar to PLCE just get a yoke with wider straps on the shoulders.
>>
Stretch, massage, whatever, as long as it gets the knots out you whiny bitch
>>
>>37226180
Army kills your gains, dont join.

>Go out field for 4 weeks
>Rat packs cause living in an OP
>60kgs of gear
>Lose 12 kilos

Not only that you have to literally train for about a month to pass your fitness tests because the tests are so specific. Believe me being able to bench 100kg wont help you lift jerry cans or run an 8 min 1km in webbing and TBAS straight after a 15km stomp.

Join the Navy if you want to get massive and just look awesome.
>>
>>37226180
Never worn an IOTV, but I have worn an interceptor, MTV, IMTV, and PC before.

Suck it the fuck up.
>>
>>37226180
Only have worn the IMTV, but it's pretty much just going to hurt like dick regardless. I've seen some guys ghetto-rig pads from tape and isomat, but that only gets you so far.

Just make sure your gear is laid out evenly. If your unit doesn't have some gay SOP about flak layouts, try to locate heavier gear near the front or back instead of making it lopsided.
>>
File: 1430192915848.png (363 KB, 682x461) Image search: [Google]
1430192915848.png
363 KB, 682x461
>>37226338
Any stretches or form that I should know so my back doesn't hurt when I wear an armored vest

>>37226571
Thanks anon, will do. I don't think we even have an SOP on gear

>>37226524
>join the navy
>after being in the army for 8 months
Yeah sure let me just get the good ol' branch switch-a-roo. I regret being so impatient, my recruiter said the air force had a 3 month waiting list so I just hopped into the army because I didn't want to die for Israel right away by going marine.

>>37226492
>>37226528
>suck it up you whiny bitch
Y-yes sempai
>>
>>37226180
>take a knee
>drink water
>change socks
>motrin
And you are good to go

But there is not much you can do except get used to it. You can use some padding beneath the vest, but it wont help much
You could alternatively get a chest rig which you can take off whenever you get a chance to save you from a few aches
>>
>>37226180
Full time status (technician) for the natty guard here.

idk what kinda of torture active duty is, but here in the guard you check the plates out at the place you'll need them... as in at the range/live fire/ whatever.

so i guess just take you plates out and only put them in when you need.

also, wear that motherfucker as tight as possible. most the pressure should be around the core as opposed to the shoulders.

ETS, join the guard
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.