[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
glutes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 360.jpg (600 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
360.jpg
600 KB, 800x1200
what do y'all do for glute isolation?

what's the best exercise for glute isolation?

inb4 deadlifts
>>
ss+gomad
>>
>>37223379
barbell hip thrusters at the gym
glute bridges at home
look em up f.a.m. night famalan
>>
>>37223402
I've heard of the glute bridges I thought those were more for hamstrings. thanks for the info man I'm googlin' the hip thrusters
>>
Sprinter lunges fuck me the fuck up
>>
>>37223682
what kind of rep range you doing with those things, buddy?
>>
>>37223420
>glute bridges
>glute
>bridges

>i thought those were more for hamstrings

m9 u w0t?
>>
>>37223697
apparently I had that confused with the glute ham bridge maneuver
>>
>>37223379

hip abductions are nice too.

work your adductors every few weeks so you don't develop an imbalance
>>
>>37223379
Squat faggot
>>
Hip thrusters, glute bridges, and glute pull throughs
>>
>>37223770
is it enough to do those with bodyweight or do I need to get one of those ankle things that karlie kloss uses to add resistance to the movement
>>
>>37223379
>Inb4 deadlifts
Why would you ignore the obvious answer tho?
>>
Weighted glute bridges (either with barbell or machine)
ATG squats
Cable glute kickbacks
Cable leg abduction
Cable leg adduction (technically not a glute exercise but gotta have it to balance out the abduction)

Romanian deadlifts which I don't think actually hit the glutes that hard but gotta have some compounds in there to round things out. Just hit it from multiple angles. Shotgun approach.
>>
>>37223797
Get one of those ankle things if your gym doesn't already have one

Then hook your ankle up to this machine like so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnR8CDb4BU
>>
>>37223818
>>37223824
thanks for the info on abduction fellas, I was going to ignore that for sure I'll add that in too
>>
>>37223806
because I know it works glutes I'm interested in glute isolation
>>
>>37223806
cus he wnts results without the work involved.

>OP is a DYEL.
>>
>>37223379
Straight leg deadlifts.
>>
>>37225942
I thought that was primarily hamstring
>>
>>37226064
Well u can't really extend hips without using glutes
>>
>>37226086
is that the glute's primary function?
>>
>>37225942
>>37226086

the only caveat I think is that deadlifts do work hamstrings, which can have the opposite of the desired effect if you're going for a butt shape that protrudes over the back of the thighs. personally I like strong hams on a woman (and it's healthier for your body because ignoring hams leads to horrible muscle imbalances and back pain), but the bubble butt meme obviously de-emphasizes hamstring work (look at Jen Selter)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.