[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been doing badly in school due to working my way through,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1463082524123.jpg (80 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1463082524123.jpg
80 KB, 720x540
>been doing badly in school due to working my way through, high credits, and mental issues
>this last semester I cut down on work due to financial help from my family
>credits still high in very difficult ME courses, and mental issues worse than ever
>think I can just muscle through on effort alone
>give up all fun, all hobbies, even lifting
>just school and work, doing my damndest to succeed
>mental issues get progressively worse but keep pushing
>just found out I failed every class anyways
>family will probably pull their financial support
>school will probably pull my financial aid
>will have to drop out a year away from graduating
>mental issues are even worse
>10/10 depression, nightmares every time I close my eyes, migraines every other day

I've never been so deeply depressed as I am now. I'm contemplating suicide every waking moment. It's a lie that you can succeed if you just work as hard as you can.
>>
>>37222300
Boo hoo pussy. I'm an orphan who works full time and goes to school full time. You have parents and support and a safety net, get the fuck over it.
>>
You are trying to live a life that does not suit you.
Don't listen to this fucking system that says you have to get a college degree, work as a slave in a cubicle, and marry an average bitch.

Leave, hitchhike across America, hop trains even, do whatever the fuck you want that allows you to find yourself.

From one old guy who wished he had taken a different route, that his route with a divorce, a kid he only sees once a week, debt, etc, to a young guy who still has some miles left, break through the chains of society, find yoursself.
>>
>>37222366
Sure you are. You also have a twelve inch dick and a six figure job, right?
>>
>>37222300
>ME
>undergrad
>difficult
ayyyyy
Literal janitors can do it
>>
>>37222300
ya know, you can be excused for any medical conditions that may have caused you to do poorly during that semester. Unless you are lying....
>>
>>37222412
I wish.
>>
>>37222380
But a degree does get you a better life. Just check out usajobs.gov, choose a profession you think you can get into, and go for it.
Most kids that go to college go just because everyone else is. No one really knows what to do with their life until the parties are over and you have to now go live a real life. By then, it might be too late due to the poor ass grades.
>>
>>37222300
Check in with your campus counselling center. Seriously, having that shit on record alone can be an amazing help with any future arguments you might have to make with school administration, and you might get lucky and meet the one shrink in ten who is any good at their job. At the very least they might be able to refer you to someone who can help you.
I'm not saying you're going to end up with A's across the board and a happy face sticker, but not everything is fucked. It really couldn't hurt to at least try it.
>>
>>37222380
What I want in life is money. I've always been horridly impoverished, and I chose mechanical engineering because it pays a lot without a decade of school. I appreciate your idea, but that doesn't match my goal. I just don't want to choose between dinner and paying the electricity bill anymore. I know who I am, and I want to sit in my laurels a bit and not hate living.

>>37222421
Sure man.

>>37222451
I know, I'm writing the appeal now actually, but they're pretty strict from what I heard. Very few get accepted short of actual extended hospital stays or critical physical injury.
>>
>>37222300
Take a break from school.
Despite what 4chan will tell you, there's no shame in doing so, as long as you don't become a neet leech.
If your family will have you, move home, get a job, save some money, work on you mental health and keep studying on your own time, work on what you were struggling with before, approach it in new ways.
If your parents won't have you, get a job, if you're a year away from a mechanical engineering degree you should be able to get a job in the field. If not, get a Joe job, get an apartment, and do the same as suggested above. You'll save less money but that's just how it works.
If you keep your eye on the prize, and don't let your failure consume you, but instead learn from it, then that's what you've got to do.
Don't be afraid to fail, you can learn a lot from it.
I did the same thing, OP, flunked out of computer engineering, left school, went home to my parents, started studying and learning on my own time while I worked a crummy office IT job. Eventually I went back to school, finished off my degree (as a BSc in comp sci instead of engineering) and went on to law school. Seven years out from my initial failure and I'm admitted to the bar and have a good job, and I'm still only 29, it's not like I wasted my life.
Don't let this kill you OP, but use it.
>>
Fuck work. Get a loan and focus solely on classes while taking 12 units or less
>>
>>37222543
Yeah, this. They might be able to help you get those failing grades expunged. Mine helped me get a medical withdrawal years ago when I was so depressed I couldn't even leave my room
>>
>>37222543
I've been seeing a school medical psychiatrist, is that what you mean? She's been helpful (the people she's refererred me to weren't covered though), but I don't think she's allowed to argue my case. I can look into it though, thanks.

>>37222553
I'd like to move home but I'm not sure what they'd think. It's really encouraging to know that somebody else has fucked up horribly but came back from it.

>>37222566
The only loans I'm not taking out are the Parent Plus Loans, but that has to go to my parents and my mom's debt is too bad. I might be able to get a private loan though.
>>
>>37222553
That's awesome dude. I'm returning to school as a 26yo. I dropped out six years ago because of mental health issues even though I had 75 credits and a good GPA. I finally feel like I can face the real world without crumbling.
>>
>>37222547
Nope. If you really wanted to just make money, you would have just done as all the other flunkies and take business.
>>
Also thanks for the advice guys, it's nice to see shit isn't over even if I feel like it is. I already made note to contact my counselor and look into maybe taking a year off for my mental health.

>>37222643
Business isn't a very guaranteed high paying field though. Through contacts/nepotism I'll be making 96 k out of college once I graduate.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.