[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started some new workouts today fit >front squats >barbell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 42_2.jpg (105 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
42_2.jpg
105 KB, 275x275
Started some new workouts today fit

>front squats
>barbell hip thrusts
>romanian deadlifts

Everything either fucking hurts or is uncomfortable as hell. And I mean hurts not as in not burning but just hurts.

Should I keep doing these?
>>
>>37221564
Rest lower body 1.5-2 days and see if it still hurts; if so correct form and try again. Most likely if it's your first time it's a mix between fatigue and improper form.
>>
Why would you do front squats when not being an oly lifter. This exercise is uncomfortable as fuck. And is just as good as normal high bar squats
>>
>>37221598
It isnt the pain from new workouts. It's just the uncomfortable pain of where the bar rests no matter where I rest it. Tried different variations and it just feels uncomfortable.

Never experienced this with back squats or deadlifts. Romanians don't hurt they just feel weird.
>>
>>37221622
Started a new routine. A PPL routine 6 days on 1 day off. Leg B has front squats. Never tried them before so decided to give it a shot. So far I dont like them. They just feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>37221564
thats how i feel on back squats, everyones built different i guess
>>
>>37221718
This makes me want to keep trying. It has to be a deficiency in my body somewhere that i have to build
>>
If your back is hurting in RDLs then you're doing them wrong or too heavy.
>>
>>37221738
The back isnt hurting on rdls it just feels weird. Not my back mind you. The workout itself. It just feels like im not doing anything at all. But i cant add more weight because then it just starts slipping from my hands
>>
>>37221738
Im also a manlet 5'6" so my ROM for RDLs is like 6-8 inches. I don't feel anything at all.
>>
>>37221658

Do regular deadlifts then.

Also, you probably need to work on your wrist flexibility if you're doing front squats. I hate doing them in your pic. I hold the bar in the front rack position with the bar resting across my delts and over my clavicle. If you're not used to holding this position, make sure to do some stretching and mobility stuff before hand. Two great mobility exercises for this are:

Hold the barbell in front rack position, then alternate pushing your elbows up, holding for 2 seconds at the top of each rep. Do this 10 times each side.

If you have someone who can help you, hold the barbell in front rack position and have someone push up on your elbows. You should feel stretching, but it shouldn't hurt.

Lastly, take a barbell, sit in a squat position as deep as you can comfortable go, and place the barbell across the top of your knees. Hold this position for two minutes while focusing on keeping your chest up, back straight, and weight on your heels.
>>
>>37221564
dont do romanian deadlifts, you can substitute another easier exercise for that shit
>just practice front squats my dude, they build pretty much everything
>>
>>37221564
you can also try not being a pussy and realize having a heavy weight on ur shoulders isnt meant to be comfortable
>>
>>37222082
Thats a part of my pull a workout
>>37222120
Thanks though fitizens ill keep trying
>>
>>37221647
I don't understand. What exactly is uncomfortable? The bar on your shoulders or feeling like it's gonna choke you out? If you want to front squat these are things you get used to; if not then don't front squat. I love front squatting and it's GOAT imo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.