[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To Beginners: DON'T Give up!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Keep At It.jpg (22 KB, 530x482) Image search: [Google]
Keep At It.jpg
22 KB, 530x482
I'm 5 months in to weight training. I want to give this tip to all beginners and people thinking of beginning:

DON'T STOP GOING ONCE YOU START!

The reason why is you'll eventually get to the point where you're fully on board with weight training: you see the results with each passing month, you watch yourself getting stronger and the weights getting heavier, but most importantly, you LOOK FORWARD to going to the gym. It becomes a fun activity in your day and spending time at the gym goes from being the most horrible thing in the world to a hobby/pass time activity.

When it gets to the point where you see yourself as a gym-goer and it's a solid part of your weekly schedule, then you'll never go back to being a coach potato.
>>
I won't m8
>>
File: image.gif (520 KB, 400x314) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
520 KB, 400x314
> tfw every time I think I'm gonna get fit and then I puss out
>>
>>37221082
See a therapist famalam. I had this problem with everything in my life, saw a therapist for 2 months and I've been working out 6 days a week for 2 years now and other elements of my life are in great shape too
>>
>this time I won't stop
>3 months
>quit
>repeat
>>
Thanks senpai
>>
>>37221111
Homie what did he say? Was it real that life changing?
>>
>>37220970

Werd, 10 months in myself. The more I went, the more I identified myself as a body builder / gym goer, and I love it. 4-5x per week, one hour sessions. I still work it in with a full time job and two hour daily work commute.

When I don't go for a few days, I yearn to go back. Feels good, man.
>>
>>37221082
Nigga i was there too. I know how you feel, depressed, self concious, wondering if its even worth it. But let me tell you the key is fucking DOING IT. Youll get high on dopamine from the excercise, and it will become easier to keep going but the first step is doing it once, go outside of your comfort zone look where being there has got you.
>>
Well said, anon. Nothing good comes easy.
>>
>>37220970
No shit..
>>
>>37220970
The Alcoholics Anonymous mantra is "keep coming." I think that should be in the sticky.
>>
>>37222339

You say no shit but I wrote this up because I was once a beginner and so were you. I had 2 previous runs at the gym where I didn't stick with it, but 3rd time was the charm because I just kept showing up. It's scary for beginners but once they get past the "I hate the gym" or "I feel uncomfortable here" hump, then it only keeps getting better from there.

>>37221082
>>37221128

You're both still sticking around /fit/, that means something. You want it, so go for it!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.