[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Training body for long hours of standing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1458759062753.gif (993 KB, 290x198) Image search: [Google]
1458759062753.gif
993 KB, 290x198
I can't hold a normal job because it is extremely painful to stand for 8 hours even with breaks. My lower back gets extremely sore, my flat feet ache and blister, and my leg muscles just give out after a few shifts in a row.

When I first discovered I have this problem I was 292 (6 foot 3) and grossly out of shape so it wasn't all that surprising, but since then I have lost 90 pounds and got in way better shape, yet standing for 8 hours is still excruciating to the point where I can't work.

What do?
>>
SS + GOMAD
>>
Better shoes, better posture
>>
An orthopedic belt will help a lot but not completely take all the pain away.
>>
>>37218448
Insoles, farmers walks, posture, and standing for long periods of time to get used to it. Strengthening your core will probably also do your back some good.
>>
>>37218456
Kek.
>>
File: ohp.jpg (2 KB, 117x90) Image search: [Google]
ohp.jpg
2 KB, 117x90
Deads and squats.

No fucking joke. I know I sound like I'm part of the sick meme squad with that answer, but it really will help.

If you can stand up with 300lbs on your back, standing with nothing is going to seem a lot different.

Strengthening your quads, glutes and lower back/core will help immensely with your ability to stand for long periods of time.

Your feet aching is just going to get better with time though. I've worked jobs where I have to stand and nothing really helps other than adapting to it. Well, that and better shoes.
>>
>>37220075
> shoes

Ya.. this.

I had a new pair once (some doc martens, not cheap--not the boots) and they gave me some kind of weird callous/blister in the same place on each foot that eventually turned into a small hole/indentation... went away as soon as i got different shoes.
>>
>>37218448
Nobody forces you..
>>
>>37218551
this

also if you know you are going to be standing in the same place you can invest in a kitchen mat

prep stations in my restaurant have them all over so my peeps stay comfy while they cook/cut
>>
>>37218448
Practice standing with a weighted vest
>>
you have anterior pelvic tilt which strains your lower back, fix it
>>
>>37222911
>Go to gym
>Fucking idiot doing weighted vest stands in the squat rack again
I swear I'm going to knock a motherfucker out
>>
>>37222953
Kek
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.