[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend is completely unhappy that I'm making a solid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 19
File: OIlz4Ch.jpg (43 KB, 406x451) Image search: [Google]
OIlz4Ch.jpg
43 KB, 406x451
My girlfriend is completely unhappy that I'm making a solid effort at looking better.
She says it's making her feel insecure and my eating habits are hampering our dates because I no longer eat fatty foods or drink.
She also is afraid I'll leave her for someone more attractive.

Anyone else in the same boat?
>>
>>37211910

Unless youre a fatass, you are a fucking dumbass for not going out to eat and doing normal people things because /fit/ convinced you you need to sacrifice all hedonistic pleasures in the pursuit of a good body.
>>
>>37211910
If she doesn't want you to be the best you can be, why stay with her?
>>
eat the fatty foods and take up powerlifting
when they time comes when this relationship eventually ends, you'll at least have a good base from which to get joocy again.
>>
>>37211910
she's holding you back man
>>
File: zeno_citium.jpg (21 KB, 250x328) Image search: [Google]
zeno_citium.jpg
21 KB, 250x328
>>37211932
>/fit/ convinced you you need to sacrifice all hedonistic pleasures in the pursuit of a good body

But that's the best thing you could possibly do.

Keep doing what you do, OP. Dread game will keep her around. If you buckle or change for her she will drop you. Once in a while though you can have a dinner together or something and if she asks why, say because you wanted to.
>>
File: 1409998903507.jpg (98 KB, 715x755) Image search: [Google]
1409998903507.jpg
98 KB, 715x755
>>37211910
It's partially her being insecure and partially a genuine concern. You can go off the rails and you've probably just made a drastic change.

Just go out and eat a damn pizza and drink a beer, it'll make a negligible difference in the long run, you don't want to arrive at your goal body and have lost all personality.

Besides, if you have all this incredible willpower, just get your ass on the treadmill and burn off the excess.
>>
>>37211910
>>>>>>>gains goblin
>>
>>37211910
Stop being so autistic?
>>
>>37211967
Wanna know how I know you're a virgin?
>>
>>37211910

Just explain to her that you just enjoy having a lifestyle that is healthy. If she truly loves you, she wants you to be happy and the best version of yourself. If she cannot accept it, it might be time to move on bro.
>>
File: 1462179928240.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1462179928240.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
> caring about the vaginal jew
>>
>>37211910
This cunt just wants his ego stroked. Either re-assure you gf or stop being a douche and leave her either way man up.
>>
>>37211967
>posting zeno
sry bruv what we do is the opposite of the stoics did
greek philosophers by and large hated athletes
>>
>>37211910
>tfw when chick's prefer to be the good looking one in the relationship to justify cheating and other bullshit.
Just cheat on her OP, she isn't worth it if she's holding you back
>>
>>37212005
I am a virgin and I agree with you. What now?
>>
File: buscemishiny.gif (350 KB, 448x308) Image search: [Google]
buscemishiny.gif
350 KB, 448x308
I was an Ethan from h3h3 in terms of chubbiness.
First my girlfriend found it funny that I changed my diet and spent time jogging
Then after I had made some sort of progress she started being insecure about herself that I was going to leave her for someone better.
I lost about 15kgs and it really started to show overall.
I noticed more and more girls checking me out whenever and wherever I went and she felt jealous.
Finally she broke me off and listed the reasons you gave OP. I never flirted with another woman
Now I'm single...
>>
>>37212056
Good, now you can indulge yourself with the superior species, men
Remember to no homo everytime you kiss him
>>
>>37211910
If you aren't being fun with food anymore, be more fun in other things.
Go on more dates where you do things other than eat dinner or watch movies.
Let her know that this change is because you want to make more of yourself, not less of her.

tl;dr keep up your changes, but work on your relationship too. You can make it and still be in love
>>
File: 1461750072611.jpg (170 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
1461750072611.jpg
170 KB, 1280x852
>>37212056
It would be worse desu.
You could be stuck with an insecure cunt trying to ruin your gains.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>37211910
>She also is afraid I'll leave her for someone more attractive.

'I won't honey, as long as you stay attractive and sexy. It's your choice. Suffer the pain of discipline or the pain of regret'.

She wants you stay/become fat and lazy. Don't fall for her. Keep lifting!
>>
>>37212078
could*
>>
>>37211910
She's a terrible person to be in a relationship with; she's going to hold you back at every opportunity. You need a gf with motivation and ambition.
>>
>>37212078
She did try that.
She would always cook something with a shitload of oily sauce like pasta. Pasta is my kryptonite and she knew that. She would order KFC for 2 and not eat them so I would be forced to either eat or throw them out,I hate throwing food out too.
This went all for a while and ended up befriending a homeless guy and giving him out "leftovers" instead of eating them.
She started giving fat people theories that what I was doing was unhealthy and the organs wouldn't fit inside my body and so on.

Fockin womyn
>>
>>37212111
abandon ship

how many more redflags do you need to see?
>>
>>37212111
OP, please.
>>
>>37211910
Leave her for someone less whiny, attractive or not.
>>
>>37212079
>Suffer the pain of discipline or the pain of regre

If you actually say this to her out loud you are a fucking autist.
>>
>>37212111

Just ignore what she says and does until it becomes unbearable and you will have to leave her because it's too annoying.
>>
>>37211972
>>37211932
>>37212000

Shoo shoo
>>
>She also is afraid I'll leave her for someone more attractive
This is normally the reason that women don't want you to work out. Her reason is probably cause you're a dick and ruin both your lives, rather than just your own.

You're like those vegans that ruin dinners for everyone.
>>
Yeah, she sounds like a miserable, jelous controlling cunt.

That said just because you lift it doesn't mean you have to miss out on life. I took the fit lifestyle by heart and went with it hardcore. Missed out of so much of my first year of uni, sure you can have fun without alcohol, but no one wants to invite you out, alcohol is the GOAT social bonding experience. Just like you wouldn't invite someone who's fat to go rock climbing, you won't be invited as a sober guy to a party.
I eat what i want, i go out for icecream on dates, i unintentionally eat a half a cup of coconut oil when i go down on chicks. Sharing a greasy doner kebab after a friday night on the town with some mates is probably the best thing since sliced bread.
>>
>>37211910
>Im jealous that you are making an effort to improve, therefore im doing everything I can to stop you
>>
>>37212731
Teetotaler here. I don't know if it's a culture thing (Germany) but I get invited to parties and participate just as much as others. In my experience, as long as you're not an elitist snob who can't have any fun, people will still like to have you around at parties.
I dumped all my hardcore-drinking degenerate friends who had nothing else going on in their lives long ago though, so maybe you just need better friends.
>>
>>37211910
Tell her that you'd like her to train with you (she's not your brah). Cook together if you don't, do a picnic or some shit if you are such a faggot about your food. Gorging yourself with shit and eating 1-2 "cheat" items here and there are different.

pros:
>hotter gf
>more balanced relationship

cons:
>none
>>
>>37211910

> My girlfriend

There's your problem.

Men are so much better.
>>
>>37211932
fuck you
>>
She sounds insecure.

All else aside though, did you quit drinking completely? I don't see the point if you like it, and if you're not going to compete in a sport.

>muh gains goblin

Fuck off. This is to all of you not just OP. You're not an IFBB pro. You're not going to break world records. Go have fun with your girlfriend or let her be happy with someone who isn't a boring dick.

Being the best you isn't having the absolute 100% gains all the time. It's about balance.

All I'm saying is, alcohol is fun if you like it and the adverse effects are negligible if you know moderation. Two weeks ago I had a two day binge and broke my bench PR the day after, and I'm not even that young anymore.

And if you really think dedicating all your time into being the best you can at moving things up and down, if you find some sort of enlightened philosophy in this, you need to get the fuck out of /fit/ right now.
>>
>>37211910
Insecure gains goblin who doesn't want what's best for you. Dump her.
>>
>>37211910
Just tell her she is right, and leave with a better girl. Fucking gains goblin
>>
File: 1442334316061.jpg (28 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
1442334316061.jpg
28 KB, 400x360
>>37212857

Well said.
>>
>>37212857
>Being the best you isn't having the absolute 100% gains all the time.

maybe to him, it is

>It's about balance.

to you, maybe

why can't this cunt do what he wants without all you neckbeards telling him what the "right" or "wrong" way to live his life is? you people are just as insecure as his girlfriend. it's his life let him do whatever the fuck he wants to do jesus christ

>someone is living their life in a way i can't agree with
>hurr its WRONG
>>
Once you open your eyes you will realise that you in fact will leave her for someone else. We lift to become the best version of ourselves, that is our core belief. This woman does not share that ideology, and with time you will start to hate her for it.

Better leave her now before you get too committed, brudir.
>>
File: California-USA-A-firefigh-016.jpg (201 KB, 724x480) Image search: [Google]
California-USA-A-firefigh-016.jpg
201 KB, 724x480
>>37212111

You know you can refridgerate KFC right?
>>
I don't unserstand this mentality she has. She doesn't want you to look good? Gains goblins are such closet retards I swear. What woman doesn't want her man looking amazing?
>>
>>37212995

I think it's quite obvious that you missed his point entirely.

If the guy is feeling bad enough regarding his girlfriend's emotional distress over his recent change in activities to post it to a chinese message board then it would appear safe to say he in search of advice.

The advice given by this anon >>37212857 is pretty rational considering it tends to both the needs of OP's gf and OP himself.

You're just a faggot who seems upset that you'll never be anything other than a jealous a fat fuck without motivation to change yourself, or find the balance between yourself your time with others.

>eat shit cucklord
>>
>>37213309
An insecure woman who thinks that she can't do better.

If her "best" goes from say, a 5 to a 7 after losing weight, she feels threatened that more attractive women will steal him.

It's paranoid insecurity, the most unattractive thing any man or woman can display.
>>
>>37213276
This.
Eventually OP you will hve surpassed her in terms of hotness and you'll find a woman that is on your league. Don't say with your current gf if she is dragging you down
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 300x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 300x336
Going through the same thing. I also believe she is purposely trying to keep me from losing weight by bringing me steak burgers and fries, or milk shakes from Wendy's. I can't get her momma jeans wearing ass to the gym, or on her bicycle. I had her do 20 squats the other day and she complained for 2 days that her legs hurt.
>>
>>37211910

You know what OP? Give in to her logic, eat that extra pasta, stop going to the gym.
Slowly but gradually resent her for holding you back all those years. When you're 40 and go to the beach you'll see a ripped 24 year old. Then you realise you're looking in a broken mirror on a past that could have been. You'll resent her even more and gradually numb yourself with even more food. and when that massive stroke finally hits and you're incapable of walking unassisted you finally come to realise she was a toxic burden and undermined every effort you took to become more healthy.

So take her advice, eat that extra pizza, listen to her whine. Have that stroke, you spineless excuse of a man.
>>
>>37213366
I still don't understand the mentality. If anything I found my boyfriend even more attractive after he started lifting and pushed him to lift more and more. (But i also go to the gym, maybe OP's gf is a landwhale)
>>
>>37211910

It sounds like me that you're in a relationship with someone who acts and thinks like a child. Are you a paedophile? Do you like kiddy logic? No.. Then get the fuck out of this relationship. Find an adult, someone who supports and motivates you. Someone who is willing to get you to another level. Because that's what adults do.
>>
>>37213468
>maybe OP's gf is a landwhale
I can guarantee you that she is. A skinny woman wouldn't freak out like this, insecure or otherwise.
>>
>>37213438
you mad grandpa?
>>
>>37213516

She is the tumblr to his /fit/
>>
>>37211910

>you can't eat fat if you want to be healthy

>you can't occasionally have treats within your macros

>you need to be autismal about your eating all the time when lifting

Wew lad
>>
>>37211910
This reminds me of that one story where the woman admits to feeding her boyfriend food behind his back, so he won't lose weight. OP, she hasn't been cooking or giving you any food has she?

Likewise, I agree with everyone else. If she can't support you wanting to become fit, then she isn't worth being with or around. People like that hold you back.
>>
a woman doesn't want a breakable man but will do her best to break you just to see if you are
>>
>>37213562
Fuck that just hit home hard. Words to live by.
>>
>>37213562
Fuckin woman haters. You all do the same shit to women, usually unintentional from both sides.
>>
>>37213600
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>37211910
I had a gf like that. I was 230 and she was getting high up there too. One day I decided I was tired of being ashamed of myself and decided to lose weight, I tried to get her to make it too, but she refused. Every single fucking time I said I was on my way to the gym, she'd attempt to shame me into not going. It even got to the point where she tried sabotaging my efforts.

I ended up breaking up with her for several reasons, but a big one was that she was holding me back from who I wanted to be. We were together for three years.
>>
>>37213600
i love women though, women are great. I just don't respect them.
>>
Can't relate, I basically lift, eat pizza and drink with the coworkers
>>
>>37213438
autist
>>
>>37213644
Good for you, anon.
>>
>>37211949
this is basically the best thing I've read on /fit/ and how to handle the situation

You're basically doing a dreambulk during your relationship and when it ends you'll get shredded and in turn make her mad jelly
>>
>what is a shit test

Mock her for her ridiculous whining then carry out whatever you were doing. Dismissing her will drive her crazy to please you
>>
>>37212050
Post nudes. Best case scenario.
>>
>>37213437
then abandon ship, dumbass
>>
why do people treat insecurities like they're little pets or something? It's so fucking relieving to even know that something like that can be removed with any amount of work. Everything ends eventually, why extend it?
>>
File: euphoric.gif (2 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
euphoric.gif
2 MB, 230x172
>listening to the inferior gender

kek
>>
File: socrates.png (73 KB, 1545x422) Image search: [Google]
socrates.png
73 KB, 1545x422
>>37212036
>greek philosophers by and large hated athletes
>>
>>37214031
Because they don't realise they have them, or they don't realise how destructive they are, or they don't have the willpower to change
Humans are shit, and there's a lot of reasons why
>>
>>37211932

this guy wont make it.
>>
File: plebs.jpg (16 KB, 321x325) Image search: [Google]
plebs.jpg
16 KB, 321x325
>>37212036
Aristotle was a big fan of the Ancient Games, describing a young man's ultimate physical beauty as: "a body capable of enduring all efforts, either of the racecourse or of bodily
strength...This is why the athletes in the pentathlon are most beautiful."

Ancient Greek philosophers of Greece, such as
Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates, believed
wholeheartedly in the concept of mens sana in
corpora sano (a healthy body is a healthy mind),
and subsequently followed a regimen of both
mental and physical training. Ancient Greeks of all ages, including these famed philosophers,
regularly attended a ‘gymnasium’ to exercise their bodies, and to debate philosophy in order to exercise their minds.

Epictetus’s words share a similar sentiment to that modern-day, populist Rocky theme; ‘Eye of the Tiger’, in that he is warning about entering the fighting disciplines just for the glory, without the desire to engage in necessary hard work that is requisite for great performances and victories to occur. It is also greatly entertaining to see how he is warning against resorting to theatrics in wrestling; clearly a common modern
phenomenon!

Plato also believed in the character building
potential of sport, considering that "common
meals and gymnastic exercises have been
excellently devised for the promotion both of
temperance and courage" (Plato, Laws I). Plato
also believed that virtues of the soul are not innate and that they can be learned, or, more specifically, "can be implanted later by habit and exercise"
>>
File: fit wisdom.png (35 KB, 1015x192) Image search: [Google]
fit wisdom.png
35 KB, 1015x192
>>37211910
>>37212056
>>37212111
>>37213562
>>37213644
I've seen this shit happen all too often with my friends. Some of them have let themselves get overrun by jealous bitches who "guilt" them out of lifting because self-improvement somehow hurts their feelings and they feel inadequate. Why do they do this /fit/? Why are so many women such insecure useless shitbags? It's almost sociopathic to hate someone for improving their own lives.
>>
>all those fat cunt shills ITT
>>
>>37211932
Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
>>
>>37214121
>tfw no philosophical gym buddy
>>
>>37214135
Maybe it has something to do with many women having men solve their problems for them instead of being forced to find solutions. So accepting responsibility for the state of their own bodies isn't something most want to do. Just an idea.
>>
File: dhkjhsudhuios.jpg (42 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
dhkjhsudhuios.jpg
42 KB, 500x415
>>37211910
Well, it seems that you need to get your priorities straight.

1. Do you love you girlfriend? If no, dump her and keep training. If yes, see next step.
2. Being in a relationship demands that you make certain sacrifices. Most of the time, this means you have to compromise. In your case, the best probable compromise is that you occationaly spent a nice evening eating and drinking with your girl and that she occasionaly works out with you. You're not gonna lose your gains (I assume you're not a pro-bodybuilder) and she is not gonna lose her loving boyfriend.

How do I know this? Because I had the exact same situation. Turns out I can have a ton of fun with my girlfriend, work out and even motivate her to work out. It all starts with simple communications and asking each other what you want. If you're in a relationship and your primary focus is only on what you want, you're never gonna last.
>>
My girlfriend tried pulling the same shit OP.

I was 270 at 6' and started dieting and going to the gym 6x a week. I would still take her out to dinner once a week and have a beer or two but at first she kept telling me I was fine, she likes bigger guys, don't lose too much etc..

When I lost about 30lb, she started eating better and going to the gym after work on her own and I was excited. She was overweight but not fat and could lose a few. She was in a much better mood and supportive.

That lasted about a month and now she's back to watching bravo TV for 5 hours a day after work and eating like shit and being moody and unsupportive. I feel like she initially worked out to try to keep me around and that drive only lasted a month.

I find myself starting to get resentful and bored, especially when all she wants to do is watch tv, drink, or go out to dinner and shuts down going hiking, geocaching, walking etc.

I think it's time for me to end it and find a girl who enjoys fitness as a hobby for herself and would compliment me and my lifestyle, not be at odds with it.

I hate women.
>>
>>37214195
Good point. I also blame it on the increasingly prevalent culture of victimhood and how women in modern society are encouraged to not blame themselves for anything. It's always "the media" or "gender roles and unrealistic beauty standards." Western society has become so soft, and it shows particularly in girls.
>>
File: 20150618_141920.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150618_141920.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>37213283
Is KFC that bad once in a while? i mean chicken breast is fatty, but you could eat it solo without carbs as a side dish.

>what does /fit/ think
>>
>>37214252

I have it about once every 2-3 weeks and I've lost 17lb in the last 3 months.
>>
>>37211910
If you love your GF tell her that.
Stop making dates about food.
Tell her it's unfair of her to guilttrip you out of something you genuinly enjoy doing (it is), if she says it's not her intention, tell her that that is how you see it.
Tell her that she's still as beautiful as the day you met her, but insecurity is a turn off (it should be)
>>
>>37214464
>tell her that that's how you see it
fuck, I meant tell her that that's how you EXPERIENCE it

Talking to girls is like walking through a minefield man, which is why you gotta be sure that the girl is really worth it
>>
if shes worried you will leave her it means shes a lazy cunt making no effort to improve herself

why date someone who doesnt care as much about their body as you do?

jealousy is ugly.
>>
>>37214252
>wasting precious calories on kfc instead of popeyes

smdh
>>
>>37212816
totally agree, sex is better too no homo
>>
>>37211932
I don't see why this gets shit on so hard, if you're not a faggy aesthetics only lean bulk lifter why wouldn't you eat what you want as long as you don't completely overdo it?
I have a hard time gaining when I'm not actually trying to gain weight and if you're not fat/on a cut you don't need to worry
>>
>>37212292
And an asshole as well.

It's a genuine concern if you had a girlfriend and she would get super sexy(in your eyes this can mean ripped or high test or whatever) for no apparent reason other than "I do it for myself" wouldn't you be a little jealous and afraid of her leaving you for a real Chad
>>
>>37212604
This is probably true, I know because I tend to get obsessed with shit and it's obnoxious for everyone else.
>>
>>37214145

>This delusion

You don't compete in bodybuilding/physique competitions or get paid to look good. You aren't dedicated, you're obsessed.
>>
>>37211910
/thread
>>
>>37215017
Lotus you are wonderful
>>
>>37211910
A true leader elevates the weakest to his level.

Lead her or don't, you'll know the type of man you are.
>>
>>37215017
Are you a homo lotus?
>>
File: 1363513878263.jpg (177 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
1363513878263.jpg
177 KB, 600x756
>>37212111
>organs wouldn't fit inside my body
>>
>>37211932
Don't listen to this guy op
>>
>>37214926
Why are you using the name field?

And you have a hard time gaining weight because you're <25 years old. The older you get, the easier it is to gain weight and the harder it is to lose it.

"Overdoing it" is a relative term. If your maintenance TDEE is, say, 2,200-2,500 cal, then even one meal at Olive Garden could be overdoing it. When you add to a normal entree plus bread sticks plus soup/salad plus "romantic" dessert, you're easily looking at 3,000-4,000 calories in a single meal. Add up that day's breakfast and lunch and you'd be hard pressed not to call that "overdoing it."
>>
>>37211910
Gains are always more important
>>
>>37211910
>My girlfriend is unhappy that I'm making an effort at looking better
>She says it's making her feel insecure
>She is afraid I'll leave her for someone more attractive

You make her sound insecure as fuck, damned to mediocrity. You can do better. Keep banging her as long as she isn't holding you back but try to do exactly what she is afraid of, find someone hotter. If she is holding you back, leave her.

This isn't an issue you can talk about, bettering oneself should be non-negotiable and have the full support of your partner, no matter what.
>>
File: tmp_13405-GJrOuTLl178655133.jpg (50 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13405-GJrOuTLl178655133.jpg
50 KB, 640x616
>>37211910
I'm in the same boat m8
>mfw she's right
I'm not dishonest though, I told her when we started dating that there's no way I'll stop kick-boxing and lifting for any reason
>>
>>37214252
there is nothing magically bad about KFC, if you fit it around your macros you will be fine.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.