[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just can't go on anymore. Nobody wants to be around me,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 239x211
I just can't go on anymore. Nobody wants to be around me, none of my friends ever invite me anymore, my gf stopped messaging me, I work at a dead end job and there's no sun in my apartment.
Lifting is the only thing I'm making progress at right now and since me depression has kicked in I'm struggling to eat more than 1300kcal a day.
I don't want to go anymore, I can't sleep and just cried for the first time in a year because it all seems so hopeless.
I don't know what to do anymore.

How do I lift myself out of this mess?
>>
set goals or die.
>>
>>37207741
dude i cry 5 times a week. your story is weak.
>>
Maybe you should go outside.

Seriously, take a walk or something. Rent a kayak and paddle down a river. Try not to bitch out.
>>
>>37207741
None of us live in this life... We only live in the next.
>>
>>37207758
fuck you, this is not the depression Olympics.
>>
File: image.jpg (815 KB, 1537x1917) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
815 KB, 1537x1917
haha you cried
>>
This is why monthly local /fit/ meets are mandatory.
We're all autismo, but you're my autist-bro.
>>
>>37207768
But what if this life is last life's next?
>>
>>37207741
Pick yourself up and keep moving foreward. Thats all you can do. If you fall down its going to be 10 times harder to get back.
>>
you're suffering MAJOR DEPRESSION and struggling to EAT while CHAD is eating 3 PIZZAS in a row while your so called GIRLFRIEND is giving him a BLOWJOB
>>
>>37207762
I aimlessly walk around with my dog for hours very often but I never get anywhere. All that happens is I burn like 500 calories and need to eat more when I get home when I should be sleeping.
I really need to meet some people again, I don't know how I ended up in this situation, I wish I knew why they don't want me around anymore. I tried to be a good friend I think.
Maybe I should get a job as a waiter so I'm forced to talk to people a little. But I don't want my dog to be home alone all day. She's 12 already
>>
>>37207762
what are some cheap/free activities i can do to get outside the house, besides walking around my neighborhood.

I have a car. And free shit doesn't exist.
>>
File: jenniferlawrencegoldenglobes.jpg (129 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
jenniferlawrencegoldenglobes.jpg
129 KB, 750x500
You gotta liiiiive in the now
>>
>>37207801
Don't be a waiter anon, it doesn't get you friends, just jealous coworkers if you get better tips, also dealing with shitty customers is added stress you don't need
>>
>>37207802
Where do you live
>>
>>37207829
I have no idea what degree I should be pursuing (dropped my psychology degree 2nd semester) and make 12,50€ an hour at a desk job 3 hours a day and get to bring my dog. I don't talk to people at work and think I should get a job somewhere social while I figure out what I want to do with my life but I have no idea where to start. I'm 22 already.
>>
>>37207741
Have you tried working on your height face or frame? I heard that's helpful.
>>
Up your AI
>>
time to start working on your financial gains, homie.
>>
>>37207802
cycling and mountain biking if you have a bike
>>
>>37207802
Go to an art show maybe, there are free ones sometimes, there's also free music festivals and stuff if that interests you, I usually only find out about them through community college so idk where you'd get your info.. Sorry anon, I stay home and play vidya all day, the only thing that keeps me going is the hope that one day I'll be rich enough to buy happiness, don't let them fool you, it's possible
>>
>>37207857
Not sure man, everyone's situation is a bit different, so I can't tell you what job you'd be happy with, I'm just building my resume to eventually be a paramedic, pick something that is interesting to you. Even if you don't go into the field you'll be better off having had that experience, but idk, your dog seems important, try to get promoted at your current job maybe?
>>
>>37207741
Join the Army
Everything is free, you get benefits, and the workout
Will teach comradeship and you'll get help for depression
>>
>>37207847
suburbia/40min away from a big city. I do have a park I suppose... I'll just say I will go there sparingly...

>>37207872
i like this idea actually. There is a place I can go but the parking is really bad. And i too believe being rich will buy happiness.

>>37207867
I do have a bike, no trails nearby. No bike paths. Kind of rough conditions for riding. But still a great suggestion. I'm actually saving up for a new road bike.
>>
>>37207929
I meant what part of the state/country/world do you live, different activities available if you live in Florida compared to Arizona or swaziland
>>
File: banHammer.jpg (27 KB, 501x334) Image search: [Google]
banHammer.jpg
27 KB, 501x334
>>37207741
I swear the fucking board /alone/ should be made with so many of these threads on so many different boards. Hiroshima get on it

Time to hunker down OP.
>>
>>37207911
She's the only important thing left in my life, I don't want to quit my job only to have to work 8 hours a day and have her be alone all that time. I don't want her to die waiting for me to get back home.at the same time I feel like I'm stuck at my current job because it's ideal for her. Maybe I should keep working there for a couple years until she dies and then move on
I just hope I can do that. I'll be. 25/26 by then with no real job experience or education.
>>
>>37207929
Don't let stupid shit stop you, if the parking is shitty then park further away and walk, I know it sucks but I live near los angeles and finding parking for anything is a fucking pain so I usually have to walk a bit further and it makes me really uncomfortable but I do it anyway

Do whatever it takes to make you happy anon, I believe in you, have fun
>>
>>37207976
>useless trip
>>
>>37207972
north nj. u.s
>>
>>37207979
That's rough man, this is why I couldn't ever get a pet, I know I wouldn't be able to give it the life it deserves, I'm sure your dog loves you for spending time with her, and for what it's worth I know you're a good person for putting your dog before yourself
>>
>>37208014
It wouldn't be so bad if I still had friends. I don't care about having a decent job or anything as long as I have people I feel comfortable around.
Thanks though. I really need to get my shit together. I'll try talking to my ex tomorrow, maybe we shouldn't be ignoring each other.
>>
>>37207801
You're focusing on everyone and everything around you when the only thing you should be concerned with is yourself. Ask yourself, "what the fuck am I doing?", "Where the fuck am I going with my life?", "WHERE THE FUCK DO I WANT TO GO OR WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE?". When you finally get down to the nitty gritty and start doing things because you WANT to do them, you'll be able to set a goal and work towards it. But most importantly YOU are the center of the goal, not "friends" or "girlfriends". You need to seriously find out what it is you want out of life, and be honest with yourself no matter how dumb the answer may be or what people might think of you. Don't let the people around you or the things you own determine your self worth.
>>
>>37208093
theyve been asking us that since we've been in school. And I know it's rhetorical, but I still answered. It was always the wrong answer.
>>
>>37207768
Jaden, pls
>>
>>37208093
I honestly do not know what I want in life expect not be lonely. I don't care about a job, it always seems to be a means to find friends and not starve in my mind.
I lift because I think it increases my chances to find friends. I just can't stand the loneliness.
>>
>>37208159
move or find a new job. All of my friends come from jobs I've had
>>
>>37208191
what are some good places to move to?

I don't wanna move to chitown, but I'll consider somewhat niggery if it means being able to live for cheaper.
>>
File: 7586152842.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
7586152842.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
some weights on your chest can't be lifted with muscles anon.
>>
>>37208324
>Chicago
>cheap

Pick one
>>
>>37207741
Bumping for interest. Facing same problems. Starting to have reoubke. Finishing workouts cause can't eat. Getting to my wits end over here brothers please help us out.
>>
>>37207794
>>37207859
Holy kek I am laffin. It's all bs nothing ever gets better. In the last day I've convinced myself it doesn't ever get better. Not even bearable. Can't kill your self because of family. WE'RE ON A RIDE WE CAN'T GET OFF LADS.
>>
>>37209132
Tbh man I've been through depression before and that's what it felt like. I felt hopeless and out of options, resigned myself to dying or going to jail or fleeing the country or something retarded like that. It isn't until after you're through it that you can see how dumb you were being. I doubt this will help you much but just wanted to say you sound just like I used to sound. Honestly wish you the best homie, I'm glad I'm past that shit for now and hope you find your way through too. If you can, go and see a psychiatrist. They helped me once I found one I liked and got along with. Helps to just talk about things and get an impartial third opinion on your situation.
>>
Alright OP, I'm gonna take a crack at this, because you seem like you just want advice on how to make friends.

From what I've read you live in a suburbia and you're 40min away from the "big city". Now, I'm gonna guess you're around the age of 27 and want to find people you're age. At this age, the best scene are bars. They are always lively and drinking makes for great social interactions. Find a bar with people your age and isn't so packed that you can't have a conversation with people. I know you live far away, and this makes it costly, but just pay a Uber for the night out. Or, you can drive there, drink til midnight, and wait until 2-3am to sober up and drive home. This is still risky in case a cop pulls you over, but it's much safer and cheaper.

Now, tips on talking to people and approaching them. I'd like to now mention that I am not some social god who can click with just anyone, but I can make "medium talk" pretty easily (conversations that are engaging, but not too engaging like political or religious arguments). It is going to be hard at first, but damnit OP if you want to be happy then put in the work. If you can lift consistently for years, you can put some effort towards working on your social life.

Sorry, fell off topic. Anyway, how I normally go about talking to someone. I will be going through some scenarios for you.

Lets say you're talking to a group of people (4+). You want your opening statement to be light-hearted, funny, and relatable. One liners, stupid puns, and light-jabs are all great. I am not going to give you examples here, because the last thing you want to be doing is operating as a robot spitting out things I tell you to say. You must be conscious of your surroundings and have something funny to say. Normally, if it's a genuine, nice, funny joke they will draw more attention to you and hopefully open a conversation.

(1/3)
>>
Second scenario is with 2-3 people. Usually, this amount of people are looking for social interactions just as you are. They are not in a big group, so they are looking for someone or some group to talk to. It's much easier to approach these groups than the bigger groups, as there is much more room for talking and it doesn't feel as awkward. I would still stick to the funny jokes to open up conversation, but it's acceptable to open up conversation here by just saying "whats up guys/girls" and seeing what they're doing. Steer the conversation from there, maybe talk about hobbies or ask what they're doing at that bar. Drunk talk is easy, people are more open and willing to talk about subjects that are considered "too personal" when sober. These topics are much easier to expand on and feel much more natural when talking about because PEOPLE GENUINELY WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS STUFF.

Now, let's assume there's 1 person. This is, by far, the easiest way to make friends. 1 person means they are almost ALWAYS looking for friends or conversation. The rare exception is the lonely, depressed drunkard, in which you should be able to tell by his/her body language that they are not interested in talking. This is also the easiest because you don't need the funny joke and it's very acceptable to just open the conversation by asking "what's up bud." Talk about personal subjects, but not too personal. As I said before, semi-personal subjects feel much less awkward and form more of a emotional connection to the person talking to.

Okay, I've gone through the scenarios, now for general advice that I've thought about while typing this novel.

1. Mentioned earlier (if you read), don't force small talk. Look for subjects that are semi-personal but don't tread into the territory of "creepy." These semi-personal conversations create an emotional connection and help bond with another.

(2/3)
>>
2. The smaller the group, the easier it is to talk to them. Smaller numbers means closer conversations and less small talk/jokes. Also, usually big groups aren't looking for more people.

3. Speak what's on your mind. I hear so many people say "it's hard to talk to strangers" because they are trying to force conversation. CONVERSATION SHOULD NOT BE FORCED, BUT ENCOURAGED. It should feel natural and flowing. If you are not engaged in small talk, then you should always have a question ready to further the conversation.

4. Be engaged in the conversation. Have good eye contact, but break away from it occasionally to look at something else (bartender, random person, drink, doesnt matter). When I say you should be engaged, I mean you should be always be thinking about what they're saying and ALWAYS BE THINKING OF A FOLLOW UP QUESTION OR STATEMENT. You want the conversation to keep going, so be ready to keep it going.

I have time tonight for any questions or advice you need anon. I'm not sure why I'm going the extra distance here, because I always see these threads, but I hope my advice has an impact on you.

(3/3)
>>
>>37207758
>he can still cry

Consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>37209351
Thank you brother. Your post gives me hope which is almost all I am looking for at this point. I have a family bar that I'm at reception right now but now it's getting to the point to where that's not even enough. I just feel so alone. But I do have some friends. I should appreciate that. But it feels like not even a 1000 friends could help.
>>
>>37207741
Sounds like some real proper symptoms of being sad OP. Talk it out with a doc of some sort and don't worry about it if you get 5150'd (or your local equivalent) because that sort of thing can really help in the long run.

Good luck senpai.
>>
>>37208149
L O L
O
L
>>
>>37207777
Quads of truth
>>
If you can endure the hardest of times, everything else feels like an improvement. You are not a broken person or a lost soul. You are a hollowed shell. A grisled, scarred shell illustrating a lifetime of struggle. It's time to fill that shell again. The outside bears your past but the inside holds the present. You've survived this long, and you can continue to do so. Endure this and it too shall pass.

good luck my friend
>>
>>37207822
Thank you for your life advice overpaid terrible actress.
>>
Health and fitness
>>
>>37207741
>none of my friends ever invite me anymore

Honestly when was the last time YOU organised something to do for your friends and invite all of them. When was the last time you invited them over to yours. You're likely one of those people that keeps wanting to get invited to shit to feel included yet doesn't actually go to said thing, then wonders why friends don't wanna hang out anymore.
>>
>>37209610
Not OP but thank you
Sadly is hard to find girls alone in bars
>>
>>37207741
OP DO YOU WANT LEGIT GOOD ADVICE??
Set some fucking goals and achieve them. You lift? That's good, keep going no matter what. Why not try learning to sing or play an instrument? Take some lessons even, so you have to go and do it!
>>
>>37214227
Do eet
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.