[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFG - /fit/ food general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 25
because /ck/ kinda sucks

What are some nice alternatives to stir frying veggies? I'm getting kind of sick of it, so I'm trying to find other ways to cook em while also being delicious
>>
Kind of? /ck/ is a shit hole.
All they do is argue about the best fast food restaurants and why ketchup is awful.
And everything they cook is poverty-core/10.

But for real OP. Can't go wrong with chicken breast, broccoli, and rice. Get a slow cooker too. They're magical.
>>
>>37182606
>What are some nice alternatives to stir frying veggies?
Roasting
>>
File: IMG_20160515_161550455.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160515_161550455.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
Mine so far, still have to add.

Feel free to judge.
>>
File: egg2.jpg (132 KB, 640x555) Image search: [Google]
egg2.jpg
132 KB, 640x555
Should I worry about how much cholesterol I'm getting when consuming eggs?

I usually eat egg whites because of it having very little to no cholesterol but I really like egg yolks. I limit myself to one a day but I see others consuming maybe four or more of them a day. Should I just stop being a faggot worrying about cholesterol?
>>
>>37182769
One is recommended maximum, and if you could hold yourself to that it's great, but do 3 if you really want. You only live once. Anything more than that is stupid desu.
>>
someone should make a /fit cookbook
>>
>>37182752
>whole wheat pasta
Is that any good for cutting? I've been craving pasta for months now that I've been avoiding it like the plague. Don't really know how good whole wheat pasta is in comparison.
>>
>>37182897
It has nutrients, so it isn't nothing-bullshit like regular pasta. You can have very small amounts.

Though I've never cut - I'm 6'4" 205 lbs and have been doing a healthy slow bulk for a year - so take my advice with a grain of salt.
>>
>>37182897
I'm currently cutting and I can fit 2-3 servings of whole wheat pasta into my diet. It has more protein than rice and it's more filling IMO, but YMMV.
>>
>>37183024
>>37183470
I'll check it out. I've actually been thinking of trying out spaghetti squash (pic related), though I very much doubt it's going to taste the same or near to normal pasta
>>
>>37182769
"How many eggs is it safe to eat?

There is no recommended limit on how many eggs people should eat.

Eggs can be enjoyed as part of a healthy balanced diet, but it's best to cook them without adding salt or fat. For example:

hard-boiled or poached, without added salt
scrambled, without butter – which is high in saturated fat

Frying eggs can increase their fat content by around 50%.

To get the nutrients you need, make sure you eat as varied a diet as possible. You can learn more about healthy eating in A balanced diet.
Eggs and cholesterol

Having high cholesterol levels in our blood increases our risk of heart disease.

Although eggs contain cholesterol, the amount of saturated fat we eat has more effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the cholesterol we get from eating eggs.

If your GP or health professional has told you to watch your cholesterol levels, your priority should be to cut down on saturated fat across your diet. You can get advice in Eat less saturated fat.

If you are eating a balanced diet, you only need to cut down on eggs if you have been told to do so by your GP or dietitian."

copy pasta from the nhs advice page. about a couple of years ago they dropped all egg limiting advice on the basis that it was unfounded.
>>
>>37183523
nah that shits delicious
definitely doesnt taste like pasta but when i make it i usually have tomato sauces or something on it and the difference is small
my sister in law serves that inside the rind, pretty great
>>
File: Gaston-0.jpg (44 KB, 677x376) Image search: [Google]
Gaston-0.jpg
44 KB, 677x376
>>37182769
Not being like Gaston and consuming 5 dozen eggs a day
>>
>>37182606
Boil them in water
>>
>>37182863
and put it here
http://fitsticky.com/nutrition/
>>
File: Zoodles-8.jpg (246 KB, 1509x1000) Image search: [Google]
Zoodles-8.jpg
246 KB, 1509x1000
>>37183523
i prefer zoodles.

You need a spiralizer for it though, and cook the zucchini in the sauce or it won't have any flavor at all. Leave it a bit al dente or it will get mushy.
>>
>>37182606
Stews
Or bake them in the oven. I like to bake red peppers, asparagus and brussels sprouts. Give it a small spritz of lemon, and delicious!
>>
>>37182769
I'm more of having a problem with wasting all those egg yolks.
>>
>>37183564

>about a couple of years ago they dropped all egg limiting advice on the basis that it was unfounded.

Half-true. They dropped specific egg limiting advice because they didn't want to single out a specific food to say to limit. They still recommending limiting your cholesterol intake, ideally as low as possible, from all foods.
>>
>>37183647
I guess soup would be nice for once.
>>
>>37184490
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=10298154&fileId=S0029665116000215
>A growing body of evidence from prospective cohort studies(2–4), systematic reviews and meta-analyses(5–8) have culminated in a consensus that eggs, and dietary cholesterol derived from eggs, exert a relatively small and clinically insignificant effect on serum LDL-cholesterol in comparison with other lifestyle factors. In one study, modifiable lifestyle factors accounted for <40 % of CHD mortality, to which eating one egg a day contributed <1 %(3). In 2009, this prompted a relaxation of the long-standing advice in the UK to limit the intake of eggs as the chief source of cholesterol, to no more than three per week(9). This action was later endorsed by the American Heart Association, who removed their guideline to restrict dietary cholesterol intake in healthy individuals to 300 mg/d in 2013(10), and by the US Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee in 2015, on the grounds of there being insufficient evidence to link dietary cholesterol with CHD(11).

So this guy and the review board at The Nutrition Society are intentionally being deceitful?

https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/risk-factors/high-cholesterol
>For most people, the amount of saturated fat they eat has much more of an impact on their cholesterol than eating foods that contain cholesterol, like eggs, liver, kidneys and shellfish. Unless you have been told otherwise by your doctor or dietician, if you like eggs, they can be included as part of a balanced and varied diet

https://heartuk.org.uk/cholesterol-and-diet/low-cholesterol-diets-and-foods/can-i-eat-eggs
>Too much cholesterol in the blood can be harmful. But for most people cutting down on eggs is not the answer – it is better to reduce the amount of saturated fat (found in animal fats such as butter, lard, fatty meats and meat products, full fat dairy products as well as pastry, cakes and puddings).
>>
>>37182897
Get whole grain
>>
>>37185309

>So this guy and the review board at The Nutrition Society are intentionally being deceitful?

Probably. The listed author, Bruce A. Griffin, has taken funding from the egg industry and conducted some pretty deceitful studies. Even the US dietary guidelines committee that removed the cholesterol limit from the guidelines were found to have several ties to industry, over which they were taken to court, and now the guidelines clarify that they still recommend eating as little cholesterol as possible and that the removal of the limit doesn't mean it's safe to eat unlimited cholesterol

http://www.businessinsider.com/usda-sued-over-new-dietary-guidelines-2016-1

I agree with the british websites that saturated fats are worse and easier to cut out of the diet, but it's also pretty dumb to say "so don't worry about dietary cholesterol because something else is bad too." Limit both.
>>
A lot of my meals these days consist of:
>100g lean meat
>84g combination of kale, mustard greens, and spinach
>xg olive oil
>xg combination brown, red, and wild rice (if meal before or after workout)
>salt, pepper, and fresh cilantro

3-4 meals a day like that plus periworkout shake and some milk and flax meal before bed cover all macros, vitamins (except D), and minerals.

Plus it costs me just under 200 bucks a month to eat this way
>>
File: 20160516_002855.jpg (793 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160516_002855.jpg
793 KB, 2048x1152
>>37185386
Got extra fancy and tossed in some diced onions and bell peppers today
>>
>>37185384
>a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit that promotes a vegan diet

And what reason is there for these people with such clear ideological bias to not be deceitful? Why should I trust them instead?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/14/research-corporations-funding-science

Here's what one of the Advisory Committee members say

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2016/01/08/purdue-expert-had-hand-new-dietary-rules/78520290/
>Our sole mission was to vet the highest quality science to make the best recommendations based on that science.

I don't see a final judgement on the lawsuit yet (correct me if I'm wrong?), and the 2015 U.S. guidelines always appeared to say that? They're quoting the IOM who hasn't updated DRIs in a while (no funding), and if you read the book they cite

http://www.nap.edu/catalog/10490/dietary-reference-intakes-for-energy-carbohydrate-fiber-fat-fatty-acids-cholesterol-protein-and-amino-acids-macronutrients

It also says

>There is wide interindividual variation in serum cholesterol response to dietary cholesterol

>Because cholesterol is unavoidable in ordinary diets, eliminating cholesterol in the diet would require significant changes in patterns of dietary intake. Such significant adjustments may introduce undesirable effects (e.g., inadequate intakes of protein and certain micronutrients) and unknown and unquantifiable health risks.

which doesn't really seem to imply dropping cholesterol down to zero for everyone, more like a population-level recommendation equivalent of that if it adversely affects one's lipid profile intake should be restricted, which apparently isn't true for the majority of people if they eat a diet low in saturated fat. Can you please explain how BHF or Heart UK are saying anything different?
>>
>>37185386
>>37185496

Nice, bro. You should try to get some beans in your diet too. A can of low-sodium white beans would go really well with that.
>>
Does anyone actually know anything about photoestrogens (particularly related to vegan sources of protein)?

From what I gather it's just a general term coined to describe all kinds of 'bad' estrogens in food and any 'research' behind (i.e.) tofu having large amounts of photoestrogens is very dodgy at best.

If anyone knowledgeable could hook me up with some articles or input would appreciate it.
>>
>>37185500
I swap out the rice for lentils, sometimes. I tend not to do canned stuff because it just isn't cost effective for me.
>>
>>37185497

>And what reason is there for these people with such clear ideological bias to not be deceitful? Why should I trust them instead?

They believe vegetarian/vegan diets are healthy, so they recommend them (which the US dietary guidelines also do). When they heard what happened with the DGAC, they took them to court and basically forced them to change the guidelines because they had the data to prove what they claimed was false and motivated by industry.

Another paper that Bruce Griffin guy wrote to promote eggs says he works for the egg industry

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/227602378_Eggs_and_dietary_cholesterol_-_dispelling_the_myth

>Dr Juliet Gray and Dr Bruce Griffin are both independent advisors to the British Egg Industry Council on scientific issues.

Don't you think that's a pretty important conflict of interest that would make it hard for them to give honest, unbiased recommendations?

What the IOM says there is similar to what the USDA now says, which is to eat as little cholesterol as possible while still eating a healthy diet. That wording helps prevent people from simply cutting out all dietary cholesterol by replacing it with unhealthy junk foods that are cholesterol-free. But, the idea is still the same. They say the same thing with saturated fat.

http://www.nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/10

>consuming 0 percent of energy would require extraordinary changes in patterns of dietary intake. Such extraordinary adjustments may induce undesirable effects.
>>
File: 20160502_183402.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160502_183402.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>37182606
Practice practice practice.
>>
File: 20160430_224546.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160430_224546.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>37182606
>>37185611
And even more practice.
>>
File: 2016-05-15 23.55.57.jpg (3 MB, 2829x1590) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-15 23.55.57.jpg
3 MB, 2829x1590
>>37182606
>>37185611
>>37185624
And then practice some more.
>>
File: 2016-05-15 23.58.21.jpg (3 MB, 2829x1590) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-15 23.58.21.jpg
3 MB, 2829x1590
Seriously though op. Just practice, you lazy piece of shit.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 219x230
>>37185611
>>37185624
>>37185633
>>37185647
Feed me, baka!
>>
File: IMG_20160515_193637732.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160515_193637732.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
Nom 4 chicken breast stakes 2 tuna stakes broccoli. X2 plates + cheese cake yurh!
>>
>>37182606
I don't really know how /fit/ approved this is,
but for the past few months my only source of veg has been in green smoothies, every morning I blend
100grams + broccoli
100 grams+ frozen mixed veg (carrot/cauliflower/sweetcorn etc)
1 banana
50grams mixed frozen berries/ blueberries

I don't know if its a placebo affect or what but it makes me feel better
>>
>>37182769
Talked to my doc about this the other day. Cholesterol isn't simething you should worry about at a young age if you are physically fit. especially from eggs, fast food is way worse. So basically don't worry unless you're a fat fuck or old
>>
>>37183523
It's amazing
>>
>>37185761

Or if you plan on living long enough to develop atherosclerosis
>>
>>37185575
>which the US dietary guidelines also do
Along with other dietary patterns including animal products which this vegan organization doesn't consider healthy.

>When they heard what happened with the DGAC, they took them to court and basically forced them to change the guidelines because they had the data to prove what they claimed was false and motivated by industry.
Link to the lawsuit judgement? The dietary guidelines were published on January 7.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160108151147/http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/

Unless they had a court date the same day settled within hours, something de facto impossible within the US legal system, and then they covertly edited them I'm not seeing any evidence of this. But I didn't read the new US guidelines the hour they came out so I have no way of knowing.

>Don't you think that's a pretty important conflict of interest that would make it hard for them to give honest, unbiased recommendations?
Who doesn't have a conflict of interest these days?

What the IOM says there is similar to what the USDA now says, which is to eat as little cholesterol as possible while still eating a healthy diet.
But they also say

>Dietary cholesterol is found only in animal foods such as egg yolk, dairy products, shellfish, meats, and poultry. A few foods, notably egg yolks and some shellfish, are higher in dietary cholesterol but not saturated fats. Eggs and shellfish can be consumed along with a variety of other choices within and across the subgroup recommendations of the protein foods group.

Anyhow, this conversation is really getting sidetracked. I never meant to discuss the US recommendations, just UK's. Though there are other dietary guidelines that don't embrace a limit on dietary cholesterol like those by Canada, Korea, New Zealand, and Australia.

>They say the same thing with saturated fat.
Is there an interindividual variation in the response to saturated fat as predominant as that with cholesterol?
>>
I marinade a kilo of chicken breasts in a 1/4 cup of olive oil, four tablespoons of Tabasco, half a lemon's juice and a shitload of chilli flakes with salt and pepper. Only problem I have is that it tends to solidify and seperate over more than a day of refrigeration. Anyone know why/how to stop it?
>>
File: baseline dietary cholesterol.png (191 KB, 826x851) Image search: [Google]
baseline dietary cholesterol.png
191 KB, 826x851
>>37185820

>Along with other dietary patterns including animal products which this vegan organization doesn't consider healthy.

For obvious reasons.

>Link to the lawsuit judgement? The dietary guidelines were published on January 7.

It seems it wasn't officially settled in court. This is the lawsuit

http://www.foodpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/Physicians-Committee-USDA-HHS-Lawsuit-1.6.16-2.pdf

The USDA was warned with legal action for months, the lawsuit went out, next day they published the guidelines that complied with what PCRM requested.

>Who doesn't have a conflict of interest these days?

Cop-out. This is the egg industry paying its consultants to say "eggs are great, buy more eggs," even guiding them to include their key marketing points and constantly downplaying the risks of dietary cholesterol.

>But they also say

"People can eat eggs and shellfish amongst other foods that have protein." This doesn't contradict the recommendation to keep cholesterol low. It still says to eat a dietary pattern that's low in cholesterol. They say the recommended US eating pattern has between 100-300mg cholesterol, which could technically include one egg if you limit cholesterol from other sources.

>Is there an interindividual variation in the response to saturated fat as predominant as that with cholesterol?

Does there need to be? And besides that, the only papers I've read that make a big deal out of inter-individual variability as if most people don't react to eggs, are, no surprise, papers funded by the egg industry and/or written by its paid consultants. The results of controlled feeding trials are too consistent to say most people don't have to worry about dietary cholesterol.
>>
>>37185988

That lawsuit is a good read, by the way. Don't think food industries aren't powerful and resourceful enough to sway public policy.

Bedtime for me.
>>
>>37182769
I eat 4 eggs for breakfast every day (sometimes fried, scrambled, omelet, whatever takes my fancy) plus I sometimes have an egg and cress sandwich for lunch. I've been doing this for years and I'm fine. I wouldn't worry too much
>>
>>37184227
Use them to make delicious custard
>>
>>37182752
>peanut butter
Food of the fucking gods but shit tier compared to almond butter as far nutrition goes. Eat that instead
>>
>>37182606

>What are some nice alternatives to stir frying veggies?

Meat
>>
>>37182769

You fucking retard, the "cholesterol in food is bad for you" myth has been debunked for years. If anything, eating cholesterol will cause your liver to produce so much less that your total cholesterol levels will be lowered.

Exercise is the FAR more important factor regardless. Just lift enough weight and you'll probably live forever.
>>
File: IMG_7341.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7341.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Posting GOAT
>>
>>37186529
recipe please
>>
>>37185988
>For obvious reasons.
Such as? They're not obvious to anyone but some vegan organizations apparently. A screenshot of a post on Skeptics.SE talking about a single meta looking at some changes in one intermediate biomarker without any clinical endpoints and neglecting to factor in the background diet and hyperresponders into their model isn't terribly convincing.

>http://www.foodpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/Physicians-Committee-USDA-HHS-Lawsuit-1.6.16-2.pdf
>next day they published the guidelines that complied with what PCRM requested
How so? The guidelines still allow for consumption of dietary cholesterol. Thanks for the link though, I'll try and set aside some time to read it.

>Cop-out. This is the egg industry paying its consultants to say "eggs are great, buy more eggs," even guiding them to include their key marketing points and constantly downplaying the risks of dietary cholesterol.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. What is so different about this than a vegan group saying "eggs are bad, don't eat eggs" and buying billboards and advertising on social media? If you actually had a point, you'd post your counterarguments instead of these silly and baseless personal attacks.
>>
>>37185988
>>37187140
>They say the recommended US eating pattern has between 100-300mg cholesterol, which could technically include one egg if you limit cholesterol from other sources.
That sounds better.

http://www.foodinsight.org/new-dietary-guidelines-americans-2015-changes

>In 2010, the DGA recommended limiting dietary cholesterol intake to less than 300 milligrams (mg) per day—at the time, men were consuming 350 mg and women 240 mg per day. The 2015-2020 DGA make no recommendation to limit cholesterol, stating that “Adequate evidence is not available for a quantitative limit for dietary cholesterol specific to the Dietary Guidelines.”
>Here’s the rationale. Currently, the average intake of cholesterol for Americans is 267 mg (according to 2011-12 NHANES data for males and females 2 years old and over), thus cholesterol is no longer considered a nutrient of concern for overconsumption. This change doesn’t mean that dietary cholesterol is meaningless. The food sources for all the nutrients we consume (cholesterol included) are still the key to building a healthful diet.

I think this is a more appropriate recommendation, as eating too many eggs would very well displace other foods. Same could be said about eating a diet composed only of corn. Still not PCRM approved.

>Does there need to be?
The pharma industry would sure love to find druggable targets that allow people to eat 500g of butter every day without getting sick.
>>
>>37185988
>>37187140
>>37187150
>And besides that, the only papers I've read that make a big deal out of inter-individual variability as if most people don't react to eggs, are, no surprise, papers funded by the egg industry and/or written by its paid consultants.
Think you need to read more papers. The Hopkins meta in your pic even admits

>Marked differences in individual responsiveness have been documented in animals for many years. Responders and nonresponders have been selectively bred in rabbits, squirrel monkeys, rhesus monkeys, cynomolgus macaques, and baboons (53), clearly showing that at least a large portion of dietary responsiveness to cholesterol feeding is genetically mediated. In humans, individual differences in response to added dietary cholesterol may be marked.

However it's crazy to immediately react to a study done by someone that triggers you by crying and throwing a tantrum while inventing conspiracy theories about how it's fabricated and everyone's being paid off. Scientific doesn't care about your feelings towards where it originates. If you're in nutrition science research I'd like to know where you get your funding from and where you're employed at so everyone else can do as you do and be totally unbiased like you according to you?

>The results of controlled feeding trials are too consistent to say most people don't have to worry about dietary cholesterol.
What feeding trials are you talking about and what makes you think they're so consistent and relevant?
>>
>>37186036
>Don't think food industries aren't powerful and resourceful enough to sway public policy.
Right now all you've got to back this up is an unsettled lawsuit (while people sue for all sorts of ridiculous things in Burgerland and win) by a vegan organization against the USDA that isn't even on the same continent of the policy and policy maker we're talking about. Quite a leap of faith, dontcha think?
>>
>>37186426
but those poor bees
>>
>>37185728
eating veggies and fruit placebo? are u godamn thick in the head or what? OFCOURSE it will make u feel better what the fuck! Thought u could live on mcdolans and fake food and feel the same was as on veggies and fruits?
srsly were are u from and why the hell did u think like that
>>
>>37187179
godamn ur stupid. do u have any idea how much power there is in money ?
wonder why ppl are so fat and sick of disease?
profit. only profit. dont be so fucking stupid
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 490x333
>>37187461
omg sheeple gettin disinfo'd by the system hard what are we gonna do to wake them up my fellow redpill
>>
File: Screenshot at May 16 14-32-00.png (662 KB, 531x708) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at May 16 14-32-00.png
662 KB, 531x708
r8
>>
>>37182606
any lunch recs I can bring to work besides chicken rice and broccoli? pretty much perma bulk so there's no calorie max.

preferably easy to cook with good macros.
>>
>>37182752
Your handwriting is sexy.
>>
>>37187645
needs more semen
>>
>>37187711
Curry is easy and tastes really good. You can replace broccoli with green beans vor variaety's sake. Or cauliflower. Rice can be easely swapped with red/white/black beans, or sweet peas.
You can aslo make veggie stew, like the french ratatouille. Easy and tastes great. For the meat, I guess it depends on what you like, but chicken/turkey are the best for reheating, unless you prepare some big ass beef stew like bouguignon or pot-au-feu (sorry, those french dishes don't really have any aquivelent in english, but they're basic beef stew)
>>
>>37182606
George Foreman Grill

>preheat george foreman grill
>cut fresh asparagus to width
>toss stems
>light cooking spray
>cover grill in 1-1.25 deep layer (about half of a bunch to a 2-burgur grill)
>3.5 minutes

they're perfect to just eat like candy like that, no spices, no oil. I use a little bit of salt but I'm a fucking disgusting fat water pig and they really don't need it.
>>
>>37182606
>cut baby carrots
>slice zuchini squash
>slice yellow squash
>chop broccoli to stir fry size
>mix with olive oil salt and pepper to lightly coat
>bake in ceramic pan until murdered (*slight blackening on some) stirring regularly

I do about 350+ and about 40 min to an hour. You can add Brussel sprouts or leave whatever out.
>>
Trying to cut more seriously than ever before. Is it normal to be hungry all the time, or should I eat until I'm full, only with better food?
>>
>>37182606
Steam them.

>broccoli OR yellow and green squash OR spinach
>get water boiling
>put in steamer
>place in colander to steam
>3 minutes for anything but spinach, 1ish for spinach

remove and season lightly

if you use a raised colander you're good, if you use an expanding one that sits in the bottom of the pan you need to DRINK THE FUCKING WATER TOO. It's called pot liquor and it's actually really good if you like spinach.
>>
>>37188331
I try to eat in the middle, not til I"m full but not starving. Better food is really the key, and I try to eat before I'm dipping into miserable hunger- like instead of waiting an hour I'll go ahead and have a snack when I expect to be hungry.

I'm not cutting per se, but it's a low everything diet, like 100g chicken, spinach, and an apple. Good luck bro.
>>
I mostly eat potato omelette maybe with onion in it.How much healthy is it?I can't eat boiled eggs anymore.Even the smell makes me want to puke.
>>
>>37188331
Depends on how much you're cutting, by that I mean the deficit and the total daily calories you eat. You could always eat celery snacks... Low cal as fuck...
>>
>>37188331
It means you are eating shit food thats easy to digest.
>>
>>37188331
eat until you're full with hypocaloric foods

spinach, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

if you absolutely NEED a simple carb, make homemade popcorn yourself in an air popper. 8 cups of popcorn is a huge amount of food and it's only 200 calories
>>
>>37188331
Snack regularly. Being hungry only leads to overeating.
>>
>>37182769
Everyone's missing the fucking point on this, it's not necessarily the cholesterol that matters. Are you on a bulk? If yes, then eat as many as you want. Are you on a cut? If yes then remember fact that 3 whole eggs is about 510 calories. If you're cutting then stick to egg white and have up to three yolks a week, no more.
>>
>>37183709
How about cooking in a pan separate and then throwing the simmering sauce on top?
>>
File: esselstyn.png (709 KB, 1192x540) Image search: [Google]
esselstyn.png
709 KB, 1192x540
>>37187140

>Such as?

The USDA and its guidelines aren't necessarily designed to make perfect health recommendations, but to balance healthy choices with what they believe is compatible with the American way of eating, while increasing demand for agricultural products. PCRM can look at data about dietary cholesterol and other things, conclude that they're better avoided, and make a recommendation based on that alone.

>How so? The guidelines still allow for consumption of dietary cholesterol.

PCRM didn't request a 0 cholesterol policy, they just wanted to keep the warnings about cholesterol. The guidelines then became even more strict about cholesterol intake, recommending people keep it as low as possible, as the IOM do, who say there's a clearly linear relationship between dietary cholesterol and LDL cholesterol levels and risk of CHD.

>What is so different about this than a vegan group saying "eggs are bad, don't eat eggs" and buying billboards and advertising on social media?

That's like asking why anti-smoking groups aren't considered as biased as the network of tobacco industry shills that fought the science against smoking for decades. One is the industry whose only goal is to sell the product by any means necessary, the other uses impartial science and public campaigning to keep the industry from having its way and potentially killing people.
>>
>>37189323
>calories matter

Oh wow how many phds did you need to get to figure out that one
>>
One of my favorite meals to precook:
36 Oz chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and fennel
4.5 cups of pasta
4 cups plain tomato sauce seasoned with oregano, parsley flakes, red chilli flakes
9oz of sliced baby mushroom
4 cups of mixed cauliflower and broccoli
1 whole white onion
1 whole red bell pepper
4 cloves of garlic

Cook chicken in large pot with olive and portion into 6oz
Place Diced onion and red pepper and sliced mushroom into pot with olive oil
Put garlic in pot before veggies turn translucent
Add tomato sauce, parsley, oregano, and red chilli flakes
Add broccoli and cauliflower
Simmer while you cook pasta
Once everything is cooked, portion it out into Tupperware containing chicken and stir

It's about 600 cals for one portion and is filled with protein and veggies. Good stuff.
>>
File: egg research.png (372 KB, 1980x1002) Image search: [Google]
egg research.png
372 KB, 1980x1002
>>37187165

>What feeding trials are you talking about and what makes you think they're so consistent and relevant?

The Hopkins meta-analysis, a meta-analysis of controlled feeding experiments. If they were able to develop a formula for the change from dietary cholesterol feeding, how could you say it's not consistent? I'm sure in the few people that are unresponsive and people who are hyperresponsive, there is a marked difference, but even that doesn't mean dietary cholesterol has no harmful effects in people who don't see a rise in LDL after eating it.

>it's crazy to immediately react to a study done by someone that triggers you by crying and throwing a tantrum while inventing conspiracy theories about how it's fabricated and everyone's being paid off. Scientific doesn't care about your feelings towards where it originates.

If the American Egg Board was known for putting out well designed, unbiased studies, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with their funding papers. But, they're notorious for pulling bullshit in their studies. Pic shows one example. They've used this study in their marketing as demonstrating the benefits of eggs.

They also like to use obese and diabetic patients in their studies because these conditions decrease cholesterol absorption and come with poor baseline health status, making the effect of feeding eggs look inconsequential compared to relatively healthy subjects.

The whole purpose of the American Egg Board and other similar organizations like it in other countries is to increase the demand for eggs and conduct studies that make eggs look good in order to promote and sell them. It's no tinfoil hat lunacy, that's common practice with food industries. That's why these groups exist.
>>
File: AEB methods.png (112 KB, 443x1009) Image search: [Google]
AEB methods.png
112 KB, 443x1009
>>37189703
>>37189370
>>37187165
>>37187150
>>37187140
>>37185988

"The Tufts/USDA Center researchers excluded all studies published prior to
2003. Of the 12 studies that they included, eight were funded by the American Egg Board
through the Egg Nutrition Center. Two were funded by British or Australian egg industry
associations, and the eleventh was funded by the fish industry in defense of prawn
consumption. In other words, 11 out of the 12 cited studies were designed to arrive at a
specific pro-industry result.

Despite their industry-related funding, nearly every cited study showed that eggs or other cholesterol-containing foods had an unfavorable effect on blood cholesterol
levels. Nevertheless, Mr. Griffin and Dr. Lichtenstein concluded that the effect of dietary
cholesterol on plasma lipid concentrations “is modest and appears to be limited to
population subgroups.”

Prior to publication, the Tufts/USDA Center researchers requested $101,268 from the Egg Nutrition Center “to determine if the evidence supports the current recommendation of limiting cholesterol to < 300 mg/day.”

In other words, the Tufts/USDA Center researchers sought Egg Nutrition
Center funding for the sole purpose of undermining Defendants’ prior Dietary Guidelines’ recommendation that Americans limit dietary cholesterol to no more than 300 milligrams per day.

"Of the 41 studies on dietary cholesterol included in a 1992 meta-analysis,
29% were paid for by industry, mainly the egg industry. Nine years later, in a 2001 meta analysis, that figure had risen to 41%. Two decades later, in a 2013 review, the figure was
92%. This single source now dominates research on dietary cholesterol"
>>
>>37189790
who the fuck cares?

Eggs have the highest quality non-milk protein. Deal with it.
>>
>>37189866

Very impressive
>>
>>37189368
That would be fine. They only take like 3 minutes to cook, but they need to be cooked in something that has some flavor, or they are pretty bland.
>>
What are good /fit/ breakfast options?
>>
>>37189962

Oatmeal and buckwheat are two of my favorite
>>
>>37189962
Cottage Cheese & blueberries
or
0% Greek Yogurt & Fruit

I like to also have a small smoothie of berries and Corn Bran.

like 200g of berries to 12g of corn bran.
>>
>>37185728
It would be probably taste better and give you similar nutrients to have a large serving of dark leafy greens like kale or spinach and a good amount of berries
>>
>he doesnt mix ovaltine into his milk
Not gonna make it
>>
>>37189370
>recommending people keep it as low as possible
Except you are quoting out of context and misconstruing them. Also conflating population-level recommendations with individual recommendations.

>That's like asking why anti-smoking groups aren't considered as biased as the network of tobacco industry shills that fought the science against smoking for decades. One is the industry whose only goal is to sell the product by any means necessary, the other uses impartial science and public campaigning to keep the industry from having its way and potentially killing people.
Stupid analogy. This isn't mountains of Hill-causal data versus some impartial science, it's you appealing to conspiracy theories and the legal pleadings of some fringe vegan group masquerading as a mainstream medical organization. But again, you don't care about facts, you just make emotional simplistic analogies.

>If the American Egg Board was known for putting out well designed, unbiased studies, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with their funding papers.
What does funding have to do with study design or the author's interpretations? You can get industry funding without ever meeting anyone. They won't come to your lab or even interact with you.
>>
>>37189703
>But, they're notorious for pulling bullshit in their studies. Pic shows one example.
I'm not seeing any objectivity in your interpretation of that abstract, just a mess of feelings. I can come up a different story: overweight hyperlipidemic people in their 60s almost surely have a poor background diet and lifestyle. The fact that they're hyperlipidemic in the first place increases the probability they're hyperresponsive to dietary cholesterol. And since you like analogies so much: using a study giving dehydrated, gluten sensitive folks wheat bread without water to infer wheat bread's bad for everyone is retarded.

>They've used this study in their marketing as demonstrating the benefits of eggs.
But it's perfectly fine for vegans like the guy in your other pic to over-extrapolate their data and use it to market vegan diets I presume? As long as it doesn't involve industries or people you feel persecuted against.

>They also like to use obese and diabetic patients in their studies
Don't know where you're getting that figure from. Have a random one done in healthy people

http://www.fasebj.org/content/29/1_Supplement/274.2.short

>because these conditions decrease cholesterol absorption and come with poor baseline health status, making the effect of feeding eggs look inconsequential compared to relatively healthy subjects.
Maybe scientists everywhere are looking at these conditions now because they're interesting and fresh new playing field to do research on? Ever consider that or emailing some of the authors and asking them yourself instead of just making shit up?
>>
>>37189703
>It's no tinfoil hat lunacy, that's common practice with food industries. That's why these groups exist.
I’m not sure if we are communicating. Let me try this again

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/14/research-corporations-funding-science

If you know of an alternate unbiased source of funding that doesn’t involve becoming homeless please let everyone know. They only want to do their research in peace without being attacked and labeled by gullible uneducated laypersons as ‘a network of biased food industry shills’
>>
>>37189790
Let’s hear what the other side has to say before drawing any presumptuous conclusions.
>>
>>37191686

What does the funding have to do with the author's interpretations? They're hired to interpret data in a way favorable to the industry that handed them the money. How does it affect study design? They use prior research to determine how they could get the results they want out of a trial, then do so. We can use Bruce A Griffin's research as an example.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18726564

"Increased dietary cholesterol does not increase total plasma or LDL cholesterol.... when accompanied by moderate weight loss." It's been known since atleast the 1950s that weight loss has a cholesterol-lowering effect. They have people lose weight while feeding them eggs, the two balance out, and then they report no increase and reference the study in their brochures to say eggs are healthy foods for a weight-loss plan as if losing weight without seeing a drop in cholesterol is a victory.

The paper in this pic that you shrugged off is another example >>37189703

The egg industry compared whole eggs to processed meat+cheese and cholesterol-free egg whites. Relative to the sausage and cheese, whole eggs had less effect on cholesterol but the same negative effects on endothelial function. Egg whites, relative to whole eggs, resulted in lower cholesterol and improved arterial function. The interpretation of the authors is "egg yolks were non-detrimental.... compared to sausage and cheese" and "egg substitute was beneficial." In other words, whole eggs were as bad for the arteries as fatty, salty processed meat and cheese, and not eating eggs was better than eating eggs. With their careful wording, they were able to pass this off as a positive study that, again, was referenced by egg sellers as a reason to eat eggs.
>>
>>37191757
>>37191734
>>37191686
>>37189790

If you think it's fine to have a system where 92% of the science on a food comes from the industry that produces/sells that food, and the advisory committee elected to review the science objectively and translate it to public policy is made up of paid consultants and board members of the council whose goal is to increase sales of that food, you're insane.
>>
>>37192056
It would be great if this concern were to be directed more towards the NIH not giving out enough funding instead of just bashing industry which accomplishes nothing.
>>
Anyone got some good resources for new recipes?
>>
>>37182752
Potatos and beans aren't vegetables
Hamburger meat is called mince you ignoramus
Lean bacon defeats the whole purpose of buying bacon in the first place
Buying chicken breast and chicken stock? Fucking buy a chicken and save money and make your own and learn to cook

You have far too few vegetables and a horrible lack of variety and it feels like you're being artistically selective about what you're buying.

Use this page and buy 60% of the items on it per month and you'll be a picture of health, it's as simple as that
http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
>>
>>37182752
Quit eating shit from cans so often, your ingesting more BPA than you should, and it can hamper Test production.
Buy frozen/dry/fresh veg when possible.
>>
File: grocery-list-592.jpg (128 KB, 592x823) Image search: [Google]
grocery-list-592.jpg
128 KB, 592x823
Sorry for outing myself as a newfag, but I'm reading up on healthy foods right now, and feel slightly overwhelmed by all the options. I did find pic related, though. Is that a solid enough beginning set of ingredients, or is there anything major that needs to be added/removed?
>>
>>37192715
is this a porn parody of game of thrones? if so, post sauce
>>
>>37194736
Their stunt dubloons
>>
>>37185379
What's the difference?
>>
>>37194712
Image for ants.jpg

The most important thing to learn is that there's no such thing as healthy or unhealthy, or at least that those are really really shit qualifiers for anything.

To ensure you get the best health benefits from the foods you eat you can really nail it down to a couple of simple things:

>Don't eat processed foods
>Eat mostly vegetables
>Eat as fresh as possible
>Eat as wide a variety as possible

Everything else is mostly marketing and semantics.

Your image correlates fairly well with those points so go crazy. The only thing I'd knock it for is "low fat or non fat dairy" when all the health benefits of milk come from the fats. Whole milk has always been shown to be better for health, particularly in gastric and diabetes studies, but plenty more.
>>
>>37194844
Your criteria were pretty much the same as mine, but I guess I shouldn't just be grouping those together under a single "healthy" banner.

Thanks, anon. I'll add whole milk to the list.
>>
>>37182606
/ck/ is shit, SHIT
Arguably the worst board here in terms of quality information pertaining to the topic of the board.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDRVXz0ft5s
>>
How come pork isn't on any of these healthy lists for meat?
>>
>>37190002
Greek yogurt, yes yes. Minced fruit inside, what else though? I feel it's a small breakfast but I could be wrong.
>>
>>37186804
bro cmon, he literally chopped up sweet potatatoes and chicken breast then threw it in a bunch of broccoli..
>>
>>37182897
check out edamame pasta, i saw it at costco and it's real good. has like 22g of protein.
>>
File: _MG_4143.jpg (465 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
_MG_4143.jpg
465 KB, 800x550
>>37196874
Looks kinda gross, but I'll check em out next time I go to costco.
>>
>>37187645
sodium/10
>>
>>37197862
> edamame
> soy
> rich in phytoestrogen

don't eat this
>>
>>37199367
>phytoestrogens are harmful at practical dietary consumption
Full retard
>>
>>37192002
>oh no, someone stupid got a grant to do their shit study that was published in a shit journal and advertised by stupids to other stupids who are sufficiently stupid to take it out of context
>hurrrr all people that get one from the same place must be stupid as well
Nice prejudice bro
>>
File: 4-chan-angry-feels.jpg (98 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-angry-feels.jpg
98 KB, 633x758
>KILL IT at the gym
>look forward to my roast and garden peas with a high protein white sauce
>the meat.. there's no fucking taste?
>realize it was a pork shoulder joint, not a gammon joint

1.5kg of meat... WASTED
my lunch/calorie enjoyment... WASTED

still have 65% of the meat in the fridge, I feel like I just want to donate it to the homeless or something, but theyd probably assault me for giving them this tasteless shit (granted it's pretty good, lean pork for protein intake).
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.