[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOTT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 1451515945459.jpg (181 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1451515945459.jpg
181 KB, 1024x768
New thread since the old one hit 300+
I'm feeling better than yesterday but am kinda rough from a cold (feel heavy in my chest, a sort of tired)
Should I rest today and lift Tuesday instead? I feel crap over skipping my workout yesterday...
>>
>>37178880
>sort of tired
try taking a short nap. After that force yourself to do some cardio. Still tired? Do it tomorrow.
Not tired anymore? Do it today.
>>
>>37178880
having trouble deadlifting. i find that when I try to work sets the bar jsut slips out of one of my hands being the right one. It pisses me off. Though I have managed to fix this just by using gym chalk. How can I fix this problem without chalk? Or do I need to use chalk for the rest of my life?
>>
File: alternate_grip.jpg (46 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
alternate_grip.jpg
46 KB, 267x200
>>37179149
lift with alternate grip. If that doesn't work get straps
>>
Probably been answered a gorrilion times but here goes.

My lower back rounds if I reach near-parallel during squats. What I hear it's mostly my hip flexibility responsible.
What streches would you brehs recommend?
P.S How easy is it to snap my shit if my lowest back rounds a bit wvery nowe and then?
How into ATG?
>>
How should I cook my fish?
>>
>>37178880
where can i regurarely have one of these doggos for a couple hours to play with
>>
Fatty here, focusing on cardio and calisthenics until I move to an apartment complex with it's own weight room in July.

My question is should I do pushups every day or every other day? Since I'm fat I can only just barely do 3 sets of 5 pushups with good form. The last set is a real struggle. I read somewhere that you should only do pushups every other day at the most, the same as you would with real lifting...

Does it even matter for me?
>>
>>37179344

multiple times per day
>>
Gonna cut this week. Is it enough to stay under TDEE or do I have to do any of those meme paleo, low-something diets?
>>
>>37179387
Stay under your tdee and cardio. If you want to try if or carbless diet that's up to you.
>>
Should I cycle creatine?
>>
Is drinking 9L of water a day too much?
>>
Starting this November, I am going to be a little busy - should I:
a) bulk
b) maintain
considering that I will hit gym twice a week max?
What routine should I follow? Some dedicated two days per week or stripped SS/SL/TM/whatever?
TIA
>>
>>37180006
bulk
>>
>>37179344

Unless you go to failure, you could probably do them once every day. But if you're a fatass, its probable that your body isnt adept at recovering as quickly yet.

So to be safe, do every other day until you can do about ten in one set without collapsing after your last one. When you reach that point, do every day.

Do cardio or walking every day.
>>
I squat more than deadlift because of poor grip.

How to incerase your deadlift grip strength?
>>
>>37180321

Use alternate grip instead. It is not uncommon at all for grip strength to lag behind.

Do as many as you can with ordinary grip+magnesium. Then switch to alternate.

I personally do not believe you can work up your grip strength to improve your deadlift grip doing anything but deadlifting, since you're lifting hundreds of pounds as it is. So work on your technique instead.
>>
>>37180321
You can try stopping your deadlift at the top and holding for a few seconds. Also, check if you are holding the bar correctly.
>>
jumping rope supposedly doubles as cardio and calf muscle building

is this true?
>>
Can I get gyno from taking prednisone (anabolic steroid) 1-2 times per year on a tapering dose (6-7 days)? Need it for allergy outbreaks, but bitch tits are not worth living with
>>
>>37180321
just do the lift, i just use double overhand until i cant hold on anymore and then i switch to straps, fuck mixed grip

i've gone from being able to lift 80 kg raw to 180 kg raw
>>
Best cereal? I've been eating cheerios every morning.
>>
When do you guys take creatine...as in all the time? or when you're cutting, or whenever you feel like it?

Also, how long do you keep it up for?

I'm going to start loading it tomorrow and see if it will begin to get me out of my stalling out on 'Le Press'
>>
File: 1460924108267.png (439 KB, 504x732) Image search: [Google]
1460924108267.png
439 KB, 504x732
Is my diet good? I'm on a cut right now eating 1805 calories. My macros are 140g Carbs, 54g fat, and 179g Protein.
>>
>>37179295
Depends what kind of fish you're eating. I bake my salmon.
>>37179407
no
>>37180952
didn't you just ask that?
>>
File: power tower.jpg (13 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
power tower.jpg
13 KB, 500x500
how far can I get with a routine like this

3*50 bodyweight squats
3*50 bodyweight lunges
4*10 dips
4*10 pull ups /chin ups
2*F push ups
planks, crunch variations
>>
>>37182585
>body weight
Not very. Body weight can be good at first, but muscle growth drops off very quickly. Pretty much only will help you with endurance rather than muscle hypertrophy after a week or two unless you start
>>
>>37182657
*unless you start weighted work
>>
>>37180952

I personally find creatine to be pointless when cutting.
>>
Should I do close grip bench press or skullcrushers?
>>
>>37182585
Read the sticky
>>
I took a bit of time off lifting due to an injury and think it's about time to get back into it. When I left I was doing SL 5x5 but I kind of want to switch up my routine. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 208508_512x288_generated.jpg (38 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
208508_512x288_generated.jpg
38 KB, 512x288
I know about the disadvantages of choosing to use machines over free weights. But. Are there any advantages?
>>
>>37184653
harder to injure yourself

at my gym you don't have to wait around for people to get off the bench, since everyone benchpresses free weight, but never use the bench press machine
>>
>>37184653
harder to injure yourself, more concentrated (advantage AND disadvantage), and you can generally lift slightly more.
>>
What happens if you squat but don't train hamstrings? Eg: squat but don't deadlift? Will you get imbalanced or whatever or are squats enough for legs?
>>
>>37184653
Don't focus your workout on them but use them as assistence
>>
>>37184685
>>37184691
Sweet thanks.
>>
>>37184742
it won't do anything, you can squat only if you want, I'm only saying this because you're already asking this question; you won't get to the level of imbalance
>>
>>37184754
Would it be an issue to have an all machine workout? What if say, I'm not a serious lifter but my goal is just to look aesthetic. With that single goal in mind would using just machines vs free weights really make a huge difference visually?
>>
>>37178880
nah i dont get this "le workout when you are sick" meme, just wait until you feel normal again. no harm in that.
>>
File: 2016-05-15 22.37.05.png (255 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-15 22.37.05.png
255 KB, 540x960
Best course of action. I'm so frustrated rn. I don't even know what to do.
>>
>>37184766
I won't get to the level of imabalacne by just squatting for legs? You sure? W-well okay
>>
>>37184772
with machine you're on a fixed rom wich, depending on your body, can cause imbalances

But people won't notice a big guy using machines or a big guy using barbells
>>
>>37184782
I mean because it's an issue for you to do both you're not gonna last longer than 6 months and thus the imbalance is a non-issue
>>
>>37184778

Channel your frustration into some physical work. You are too weak for her.
>>
>>37184778
dude just chill with her and she will develop feelings for you, dont rush it. i dont see any big deal with what shes saying.
>>
Overheard presses and leaning.

How much leaning/pressure on my back is okay?

I always come off workout days with slight soreness in my back, nothing painful, just normal muscle soreness kinda feeling.

I always try to make sure i'm using my core as much possible, not rocking back and forth while working out, etc.. Under proper form and circumstances would my back be feeling sore?

Just to throw something out i'm pretty noob at overheard press, I can only do 80lbs, and since my gym doesn't have a squat rack I have to lift it up from the ground and kind of clean it into starting position. So I do a lot of extra motion that tires me out a bit every set.

Also..

How do I increase flexibility around my hips? I have slight lordosis kind of thing going on with my back and I can't cleanly bend down without rounding my back so I avoid doing deadlifts at the moment.. Not that my gym has an area to do deadlifts anyhow.
>>
squeeze the glutes so they align with your entire body

They don't come out, never

If you squeeze them, your lower back is safe
>>
>>37184816

And don't feel betrayed if she starts dating someone else next week.

She is just politely telling you she's not feeling it at the moment, but not completely closing the door. At the same time a guy comes by and he can make her feel 'something' and she'll date him even though she just told you she's not interested.

Happens all the time, just don't be shocked by it.
>>
I do an all dumbbell full body routine twice a week except for squats where I use the leg press machine (easy and convenient not better I know). Is there a problem with this at all?
>>
>>37179149
Go down to a weight where it doesn't slip out of your hands, and hold the bar up for as long as you can. Using chalk isn't a bad thing
>>
>>37184793
Even if you adjust the machine to recommended levels? Eg hand grip to shoulder girdle level etc
>>
>>37180434
Yeah, nothing grows calves more than high volume shit
>>
>>37180712
Oats
>>
>>37184778
Honestly I would just move on. Ignore her and she will either ignore you back, or crave attention. Either way a win.
>>
>>37184861
Yes, it's still on a fixed path

I'm assuming you are in a regular commercial gym.

You have the bench machine, which is on a fixed path and the BB bench which isn't

If your left arm is weaker than you right and you do the bench machine, you'll hardly notice this because it's a fixed path. If you do this on a BB bench the bar doesn't go up evenly and you know you have an imbalance and you can fix that; a luxury you don't have on machines

What you can do FE is supplement your compounds with machines

Let's say you squat one day and the next your in the gym doing back. You can quickly hop in the leg press or abductors machines to get extra volume in
>>
>>37184821
For the ohp make sure you're bracing your abs through the lift (like you're going to be punched in the stomach)

As for the hip flexibility, try googling 3rd world squat, try and sit in that position as much as you can throughout the day, work up to it by holding onto a door or something if you can't sit in it comfortably, this has worked wonders for my hip flexibility
>>
>>37178880
What is a good tricep exersice?
>>
>>37184856
Better than sitting on your ass all day doing nothing
>>
Where can I get one of those new %5 jugs with the large spout without having to have any %5 gear on me
>>
>>37184926
CGBP, skullcrushers

Rope pulldown but do them during or directly after CGBP and skullcrushers, focus on form be as strict as you can, once you feel your form breaking, lower the weight
>>
File: received_1556365997997550.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
received_1556365997997550.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
If that shit ever happened. I'd be so heated id break all my prs. Also I'd fucking kill myself. So much worry rn.
>>
newfag here. what do the numbers mean in "3x5 Squats", etc?
>>
>>37182585
You'd get lean thats for sure.
As long as you're getting your nutrients. You won't get as big from weights, but you'd still pack on some muscle
>>
>>37184964

Three sets of five reps.
>>
>>37184950
Meant for >>37184846
>>
>>37184950
>>37184978

Dude, if it hasn't happened to you yet. It will happen someday. Emotion and attraction are fickle beasts.

You cannot get hung up on it otherwise you'll be angry at women forever and it's going to fuck you over even more.
>>
I'm like 24, 6'22" 220 lbs mostly fat and interested in strength training. How should I structure my diet assuming I'm not worried about weight gain in terms of fat but would prefer to not to be over 250-270 at any point?

Should I eat to maintain weight for the first couple of months? I want to eat for maximum weight/strength gains but don't want to put on too much weight as I've just recently finished dieting down from 290.
>>
>>37184972
Thanks
>>
>>37185015

Just maintain or cut. The first few weeks of training are almost all about mental and technical improvements rather than growing muscle. Once you start stalling, you can reevaluate where you want to go.

Unless you have aspirations of competing, there's zero need for you to ever get up to 250 or higher.
>>
>>37185015

Make sure you get at least 165grams of protein a day (.75*220) and whatever other basic nutrients, run a deficit on calories and start strength training.

You might feel a bit weak/tired because you're cutting, but you'll definitely make gains, albeit a bit slower.

I think you should definitely cut down to where you're happy with your body and starting building back up from there, instead of staying fat and building muscle but getting discouraged because you don't visibly see results.
>>
>>37178880
Can I deadlift heavy and not grind my shins down to the bone?
>>
Can I get pick related with just weighted push ups and pull ups and a perfect diet?
>>
>>37179149
Hook grip
>>
>>37185279
No
>>
>>37179270
ez to snap.
You don't know if it's hip.
Do all the stretches you can find.
Even do the static stretches before you squat, since the mobility improvements add more safety than the looseness takes away.
>>
>>37185083
Deadlift socks are a thing.
>>
Anyone know how protein synthesis is affected by BCAAs? On your general bodybuilding site the only kind of information you're given is along the lines of 'it's good for you man, take it'. Without going deep into biology (if there are those that know it) it would be useful to know in lehman's terms what's going on with amino acids and why the fuck they're worth taking.
>>
>>37185536

You tell us
https://examine.com/supplements/branched-chain-amino-acids/
>>
An old injury has left me with poor ankle mobility (dorsiflexion). What type of squat should I do?
>>
>>37185618

Whatever you can. Depending on your proportions you might still be able to squat highbar, but failing that your options are basically lowbar - and if that doesn't work, either take your stance out wider or switch to a westside-style box squat as a last resort.
>>
>>37185536
Hardly a question for QTDDTOT.

It's not really possible to explain in layman's terms. Amino acids, and especially leucine work though several different mechanisms and they're all pretty complicated.
The bottomline is that they do increase muscle protein synthesis. However I'm seeing more and more research indicating that complete proteins (such as whey) are actually more potent in this regard, even though leucine has been shown to be the big player. But this research is completely overshadowed by the supplement industry's marketing.
>>
>>37185604
Thanks for that article anon.
>>37185648
Yes I realise that this might not be the ideal place to discuss it, I was just hoping some anons might point me in the direction of some articles. Thanks anon.
>>
>>37179740
Usually, yes.
>>
>>37180006
Just do SS/SL/GS on your two days.
Bulk, but not too hard.
>>
>>37180321
Hold the bar. Hold heavy dumbells.
Start using hook grip.
When your grip strength gives, grab straps for the rest of the sets.
>>
After doing a retarded split for 4 months I had shitty gains so I decided to try SL and proper nutrition.

Just a question. This thing has me progressing 2.5 kg on every workout for OHP, bench and squat. Isn't it completely unrealistic that OHP progresses at the same rate as bench? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to progress 1 kg on OHP for example?
>>
>>37180952
O only use it during cuts to soothe my ego because my lifts deflate less.
If you are using creatine for a plateaud za pressu you're applying the wrong solution to the problem, though.
>>
>>37182261
and 10 grams alcohol? Or am I missing something?
>>
>>37185762
You're absolutely right. One of the main reasons people always stall hard on OHP is that they try to progress it too quickly.
If you're using standard linear progression, which you are, you pretty much need access to microloading i.e. smaller plates than most gyms have. Although you can make or buy these yourself and bring them.
>>
My left pec is bigger then my right one, i'm able to twitch and move my left pec but not my right, it's noticeably bigger

how the fuck do fix this
>>
>>37182261
>179grams of protein on a cut

are you morbidly obese?
>>
>>37185813
You're just jelly of his 40% protein fammalamma.
>>
>>37185813
>manlets
I'm 6'6 cutting on 3500 cals a day, and the 300 protein
>>
File: 1.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
364 KB, 1920x1080
What does my BF% look like guys?
>>
>>37185792

Alright, thanks, I think I will do everything as the program says just progressing only 1kg on OHP (the smallest plate on my gym). Even like this it will take very few weeks to start failing reps...
>>
>>37185830
how long you been lifting
>>
>>37185860
I don't really lift.
I'm a swimmer, doing push UPS and some ab crunches on the side.
>>
>>37185876
just asking cuz i have a similar body except no hair and slightly bigger pecs, i just do variant pushups and other bodyweight shit yeah anyways your bf% is like 15
>>
>>37185830
like 14-16%
>>
>>37185783
that guy who calculates some anons macros to check if they add up to his calorie total
>>
File: 1460458905533.jpg (157 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1460458905533.jpg
157 KB, 472x472
Lads my bench is stalled at 67.5kgx5 at 5ft11 71kg bodyweight, I had thought I was able to do 70kgx8 but pretty sure I was half repping. Just cut as well so not helpful. How the fuck do I escape this fresh hell? I just wanna reach 80kgx5
>>
I'm starting to hit a wall on my lifts doing SL 5x5. Looks like I have some reading to do since intermediate programs seem to be a bit more complex than to simply add weight every successful 5 sets.

There's 4 in the sticky, but I want to hear a bit what you guys have to say; what routines are good for what things, if that's even a good question
>>
File: tumblr_n94vwnYaj21s50j4bo2_400.png (248 KB, 359x413) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n94vwnYaj21s50j4bo2_400.png
248 KB, 359x413
How come out of all exercises that I've ever done the only one that I cannot fucking get comfortable with is Barbell Rows. I hate barbell rows. No matter what style or tweak I apply I always feel like my lower back is strained and several times I've gotten a sore vertebrae around mid-back. All I can do is pullups and dumbell rows, and I think I have a case of the wanklat because my left arm just feels awkward to row with.
>>
>>37186012
Pretty hard to give any advice when you provide zero details about your training.

>>37186183
It's already explained in the sticky. The Texas Method and Bill Starr's aka. Madcow are both somewhat similar to the linear progression novice routines and just sort of pick up where they left. Although Madcow was supposedly created as a bodybuilding routine, they're both normally considered to be mainly strength programs.

DeFranco's program is for building size.

5/3/1 is the most flexible of the bunch - there are many variations of this program and you can almost certainly find one that suits your needs.

>>37186222
Stick your ass as far back as you can (you should feel tension in your hammies), and get your body closer to the ground. Your position should look a lot like the starting position of a deadlift.
Keep the bar close - don't let it fly out in front of you. Just a couple of inches in front of your shins and the forces on your low back increases by a lot.
Reset the weight between each rep like in Pendlay row so you avoid the static hold.
Use a belt.

If that doesn't work, you're fucked.
>>
>>37186322
Fucked as in I will never have decent lats or fucked as in I will simply never be able to row and have to rely on solely pullups instead?
>>
>>37186332
>as in I will simply never be able to row
This.
Although there are many kinds of row that don't tax the low back in the same way: dumbbell rows (on bench or against rack), chest-supported row, seal row, Meadow's row, One-arm barbell row, Chinese row, seated row. The list goes on.
>>
Swing as the long femurs thread disappeared I'll ask here.

What constitutes actual Iong femurs?

Measured myself probably not very accurately and my torso is about 4-5cm longer than my femurs, is this normal?

I don't believe I have much trouble squatting, just curious to know really.
>>
>>37186453
>What constitutes actual Iong femurs?
That's up to the individual to define. It's actually pretty rare to have such unproportional femurs that it becomes significantly harder to squat, and even if that's the case you can just turn your knees out more.

It's just that people always try to find excuses as to why they can't seem to do something right. The "long femur" excuse is great because it's not something they can take responsibility for.
>>
So I got some stretchmarks on my hips and chest after turning into a fatass after I stopped sport/lifting two years ago.

I'm losing weight fast since I restarted lifting and cardio a couple of weeks ago and I've been maintaining 500cal or more deficit.

Questions - How do I avoid loose skin, is it just a matter of pounding protein and putting on muscle and slowing down the cut so muscle slowly replaces the fat?

Also wat do about stretch marks. They aren't that bad but they aren't great either.
>>
How to fix mega shit sleep schedule?
>>
>>37186012
only way is to eat more and keep trying
>>
>>37186755
loose skin is from losing weight too fast pretty sure, most people use coconut oil or something for stretch marks but they'll never completely heal
>>
What do i need to do in order to be strong enough to chokeslam someone? Is it as simple as becoming ridiculously strong at OHP?
>>
>>37186815
OHP and strong grip, so deadlifts pullups or pic related
>>
>>37186815
is she italian?
>>
>>37186898
https://www.instagram.com/noellefoley/?hl=en
>>
>>37186856
Would one of these grippers be handy in maintaining firm grip when I do DB squats?
>>
How do you make your muscles harder? My muscles are large but soft
How do I get hard muscle
>>
>>37187043
i get hard looking aat women
>>
How do I overcome a bench plateau? I've been stuck with 20kg dumbbells doing 4 out of 8 reps for the past couple of workouts. Is it a matter of benching first, or should I deload to say 18kg per db and work my way up?
>>
>>37187043
You can increase neuromuscular tone i.e. how hard the muscle feels and looks when relaxed, by training with very heavy loads. So strength training.
But a muscle is always going to be somewhat soft when relaxed. If you think you look soft, you're probably a little bloated and/or you're simply too fat.

>>37187224
If you can only do 4 reps, then they're probably a bit too heavy for you, which means form is likely going out the window and such it's difficult to make progress. It's also pretty hard to add a rep to your 4RM since that's an increase of 25% more work done.
What you should do is go with perhaps as light as 16 kgs and work towards being able to do at least 12 reps. When you can do that, start with 18 kg and start over.

As a side note, two workouts is not a "plateau". And if strength isn't shooting up automatically at your level you're likely eating way too little.
>>
>>37180498
some are very prone to gyno some are not, i have no idea what that shit youre taking is but i can run 750mg test with no AI and get no gyno while some get gyno signs from just being near a vial
>>
Flat dumbbell flies or Cable crossover as chest accessory?
>>
>>37186768

Do you have a bathtub?

Raising your body temperature in a hot bath or shower will make you tired.
>>
>>37186768
my go to method for fixing my sleep schedule when I've fucked it is to simply sacrifice a day and get up very early with few hours of sleep and force myself into bed at the proper time.
>>
If I eat 2500 calories, but burn 500 through exercise, does this have exactly the same effect on my body as just eating 2000 calories?

I guess I'm asking if it matters whether my caloric deficit comes from exercise or just not eating the calories.
>>
>>37187995
Input = X
Output = X - 500
Congrats, you are in a deficit. It is easier to cut calories from intake rather than burning them through exercise though.
>>
>>37188104
Output = X+500*, sorry
>>
Started drinking protein shakes and now i fart like a madman. Any ideas how to make that stop or do i have to live with it?
>>
My lifts are kind of stalling (1pl8 squat, 1/2pl8 bench and 35kg row)
I'm cutting down from skinny fat and have been able to increase my lifts despite a slow cut. I'm at roughly 16-18%bf
Should I do a slow bulk then cut for next Summer?
>>
>>37187995
You'll get more micronutriments if you eat more, which is good for you. That's about it.
>>
File: Stout_Lady_in_bra_and_girdle.jpg (70 KB, 294x400) Image search: [Google]
Stout_Lady_in_bra_and_girdle.jpg
70 KB, 294x400
My grandma has a similar build as pic
What do you guys think is the best way for someone like her to get into better shape ?
>>
File: pepe25.jpg (36 KB, 640x521) Image search: [Google]
pepe25.jpg
36 KB, 640x521
Lost a lot of weight doing psmf for 9 weeks (40 lbs) and then had a normal week in which i ate like a normal person. (but still healthy)

Didn't "gain all the weight back" like 90% of people here said. But i do wonder if i should start another cycle or just eat like a normie fitizen now. (dem oats n shit) I'm just worried about my overall health if i do psmf for a crazy amount of time like 15 weeks

what do you guys think?
>>
I ate 1200 over my daily cut.
Fucking well needed cheat day, first in 3 months.

I'm doing IF, with all that glycogen in my muscles, how beneficial would fasted lifting be?
>>
>>37188663

In my opinion?

Your lifts are so astronomically low that you should probably focus on getting rid of that fat first, then do a slow bulk whenever you are done. Seriously, take two-three months and get down to a proper BF% before attempting any bulk.

Stop at 10-12%, then do a SLOOOOW bulk.
>>
>>37189221
>what do you guys think?
That you'll "gain all the weight back". It may not happen in just a week, but it'll happen.
>>
Which muscle gives you the upper arm dent in pic related?
>>
for building unflexed unpumped arm size I'm thinking hit the brachialis and tricep more?
>>
>>37189573
why would he gain the weight back if he eats properly and counts calories?
>>
Can somebody post that body type chart image?
>>
How should I feel on an ECA stack? Been taking 2x (200mg caffeine, 2.5mg yohimbine, 27mg synephedrine) a day, seeing weight loss but not feeling any effects at all. Should I up the dose?
>>
>>37190007
i can't believe you're asking this you goddamn retard
the tricep
>>
>>37190007

Abs
>>
>>37178880
How do I work my erector pili muscles? I want my goosebumps to be hard af
>>
>>37190069
Ha derp, wasn't certain if that actual dent shape came from the tri or delt.
>>
File: 1454890487238.jpg (445 KB, 1949x2560) Image search: [Google]
1454890487238.jpg
445 KB, 1949x2560
Can someone read pill me on the high test thing? And what sorts of things I am supposed to be doing to increase my test, assuming it's the god send thing that people seem to make it out to be?
>>
>>37190105
About 0 out of 1000 people who talk about testosterone know anything about it. Don't worry, move along.
>>
File: 1463366020666.jpg (81 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1463366020666.jpg
81 KB, 720x960
Are the size of my testicles genetic or if I abstain from fapping for long enough, can they potentially grow in size?

My balls are on the smaller size now and if I think if they were larger and were looser it would be more aesthetic.
>>
>>37189261
Fasted lifting is pretty much pointless

>>37190063
No idea what you're referring too

>>37190024
Protip: Any exercise involving the arms will help your arms grow
This includes every muscle in the arm

>>37189151
Walk more
Eat less

>>37188663
Your lifts should NOT be stalling at this stage, even whilst dropping some pounds
Post your form checks. Since you don't have them and your tehcnique probably sucks, learn how to do the lifts properly
Get on a proper beginner routine

In terms of >le bulk or cut man, don't be that guy. Do whatever you want in terms of diet, just stick to it. Eating more will obviously help with lifts

>cutting down from skinny fat
Conventional wisdom says that skinnyfats should not cut

>>37188657
Get protein from real food sources, limit your supplement intake

>>37187874
Depends on routine and goals
Probably the cables if given a choice between the 2

>>37185618
My ankle is fucked up from multiple injuries too
Ever since the last one, I've been working on mobility for it almost every day. I highly recommend this

>>37190007
Never gonna make it if you have to ask questions like this and can't figure it out for yourself
>>
>>37190105
It's all just a meme
The threads are literally just for sharing pics of thick girls on the base of that meme
>>
>>37190181
should have specified. i dont take supplements. my protein intake is only from food sources (eggs mostly which i drink in shakes with fruits and milk)
>>
>>37190234
Try
>more simple carbs, less eggs, shit like that
>slower intake
>smaller portions
>less dairy
>>
File: pepe71.png (11 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
pepe71.png
11 KB, 411x387
>>37189573
Seriously, why do people react like this? i get it, it's a meme diet, you need your 3kg of oats a day, it's not for everyone and most people who try it fail, but it helped me ease my way into counting calories and knowing what macros/micros are, i'm finally able to wear XL shirts instead of having to order online for XXL's, i also know what to eat and what not to eat. I have more knowledge of nutrition browsing a Taiwanese-anime forum than when i had to pay a nutritionist for help

>>37190041
This, if i had the willpower to do psmf for 9 weeks and loose 40lbs, i'm pretty confident that i can follow a normal 500 deficit cut
>>
File: facemelt.jpg (4 KB, 127x105) Image search: [Google]
facemelt.jpg
4 KB, 127x105
How do I fucking escape from No-Lats-Syndrome?

am I stuck to fridge mode with a beer belly and huge ass forever?

>5'11
>76-77kg
>>
>>37190477
Have you tried working your lats?
Increase your pullup count and row more
>>
What's the best back exercise if you don't have acces to a pull-up bar (or something similar)?
>>
>>37190181

>Fasted lifting is pretty much pointless

Sauce? Theres' plenty of studies on IF that suggests you are wrong.
>>
File: IMG_20160515_202243210.jpg (603 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160515_202243210.jpg
603 KB, 1440x1080
Sorry for the weird camera angle as it was the only way the camera would pick it up for some reason but does anyone else have this hair on their upper arm?

It's right below the shoulder and faces up and outward if you hold your arm out straight palm facing down. It's normally covered by the sleeve. Everyone that I've asked has said it's weird af so I wanted to know how many others had this.

18 y/o if that makes a difference
>>
>>37190647
Forgot to mention but it shows up really well to everyone when I don't have a sleeve covering it. It was just that the camera didn't focus well.
>>
>>37178880
shit I think I became >le skip leg day meme without even trying. I do full body every day including squats (I spend 20 minutes doing squats every time I go to gym) and toe raises.

The culprit is my gastrocnemius, or also known as calves. They don't grow. What the fuck. I hold 2 plates and do toe raises on a little platform thing, then go do toe raises on a leg press machine with 2.5 plates. I do this every day. But my calves don't grow whereas my upper body and quads have been growing, and now it looks ridiculous. I look like I have babby calves.

W A T _ D O ?
>>
>>37191038
Calves are fucking ugly anyways
>>
>>37191085
Ok but doesn't it look ridiculous to have fat calves, swole upper body, but little tiny chicken calves?
>>
>>37191104
>Fat Calves
>Little Tiny Chicken Calves
Pick one...
>>
>>37191176
I meant fat quads.. damn it..

>that feel when losing verbal gains
>>
File: olympiclifting.jpg (37 KB, 640x571) Image search: [Google]
olympiclifting.jpg
37 KB, 640x571
>>37191202
Like this?
>>
How low on my back should the bar be for low bar? My form is somewhere between low and high bar and I'm suffering for it. Can someone explain how to get it where it should go?
>>
>>37191222
Yeah Like that. I guess that doesn't really look bad.. at least in my opinion. Maybe I am freaking out over nothing.
>>
>>37190611
Well, what DO you have access to?
Are there no tree branches or playgrounds outside?

Obviously some form of pullup or row is the answer

>>37190647
It's totally normal man
I have the same, but not as long

>>37191038
Calves are difficult to add mass to
It's easier to have them wiht genetics or to get fat, as they tend to respond to high frequency and reps

>>37191242
Learn more about it on your own. Watch videos
Both SS and videos by Rippetoe are a good resource

You should be keeping your back as tight as possible in order to create a shelf with your rear delts
>>
I'm in an unoriginal mental invalid who needs help with meal planning. I'm good just roasting whole chickens and eating handfuls of greenery but would like to learn more about pantry stocking and meal prep. Are there any good sources for these things? Please help!!!
>>
I'm gonna have a refeed day this week, feel depleted, weak and like shit after months of strict cutting.

I was thinking of doing this around my hardest lifting day on Sunday. When do I eat the most carbs, the day before or after the workout? I work out early in the morning.
>>
File: diet.jpg (871 KB, 1126x1001) Image search: [Google]
diet.jpg
871 KB, 1126x1001
>>37191348
The grocery store

>>37191350
If you feel like shit, eating well before will give you a good workout. Eating well afterwards will allow for better recovery

'Eating well' doesn't necessarily mean mowing a pizza down, the food you eat is literally fuel for your exercise
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-13-13-40-45.png (716 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-13-13-40-45.png
716 KB, 1440x2560
Fucking help. My bench is
60 lbs..
80 lbs one rep

Squat
180 lbs 8 reps
Deadlift
170 8 reps I can go up to 190 but Miss a few days
>>
>>37191287
Unless you go on roids, your calves don't get too much bigger than this without good genes. Even on roids Arnie said he had to work his calves like crazy in order to get them to grow. When you see people with bigger calves and low bodyfat its usually roids or some form of fraud. You can get bigger looking calves if you are okay with a higher bodyfat percentage, but that's all it is going to be, bodyfat.
>>
>>37191391
You have no idea how to perform the lifts properly
Your bench is shit because you have no idea how to bench
Your squat is shit because you don't even squat with proper depth. You should be able to deadlift much more than you can squat with proper depth
Your deadlift is probably shit too.
>miss a few days
If deadlifts give you back pain and cause you to miss days after, you don't know how to deadlift properly and are on a one way ticket to snap city

Educate yourself. Knowledge is the greatest tool a beginner can bring with them to the gym
>>
>>37191391
18 , 165 lbs
4 months In if that matters
>>
>>37191391
You're weak all over. Do one of the good beginner routines and stick to it.
>>
>>37191463
I'm doing ss with accessories is this really bad for 4 months in and being 165 5,9
>>
Yo guys. I started lifting seriously approximately 1 year ago. When I started, I couldn't bench the bar. I looked like one of those pictures of a holocausted jew. I was 115 lbs. and 5'10"

Now, I am 172 lbs. I got up to 1plate bench press 2 months ago and now I am doing 1plate + 10 lbs and I am very proud of myself. All of my other lifts have gone up considerably too, I started out deadlifting only 1 plate and now I can deadlift 3 plates.

When I put my shit into symmetricalstrength.com, it says I'm a novice or untrained in all of my muscle groups. It really makes me feel like shit because I have been working so hard and seeing so much progress. I have gained 60 lbs. and gotten stronger, and I don't look fat or overweight at all. I still think my body fat % is pretty low.

Should I care about what symmetricalstrength.com says? For me, being able to bench press 110 lbs. is really great because of what I started out like.
>>
>>37191493
I think you need to eat more. You sound kind of like me. If my stomach is not constantly full at all times, then will lose weight. I ride with a full stomach that is almost to the verge of nausea, for 12 hours every day. You either need to train more intensely, eat more, or both
>>
>>37191548
Thx I think it's eating and sleep.
>>
I have very strong legs but when I go above 250 on squats my knees buckle in and my hip sways to one side causing me to lose all of my power. I have very bad ankles from injuries but I dont think I can blame it on that. An suggestions?
>>
File: SSisatroll.png (187 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
SSisatroll.png
187 KB, 720x1280
>>37191493
>hurr doing ss durr
READ THE FUCKING BOOK THEN YA CUNT

>8 reps
That's not SS. YNDTP
>squat higher than deadlift
That's not SS. YNDTP
>miss a few days
That's not SS. YNDTP
>170 deadlift after 4 months
>60 bench after 4 months
YNDTFP

>>37191526
Progress is progress man. You started out way weaker than the average person.
Could you have made faster gains? Probably. But your total progress is faster than you will likely ever be able to achieve again

Just keep at it.
Post form checks, work on technique
Keep sticking to a good beginner program that has you progress quickly
>>
>>37191629
Sounds like possibly bad technique coupled with imbalance and hip weakness
Do NOT allow your knees to cave inwards, you will get injured from this way. Keep them in line with your feet, outwards.
You should probably deload and work back up, focusing on perfect form
>>
Left shoulder hurts like hell while doing my dyel lowbar squats. Only exercise that hurts it.
Should I try and fix this issue or just ignore it and switch back to high bar?
>>
>>37191629
Are you 'spreading the floor' with your feet while squatting? Gotta keep all your shit tight tight tight from top to bottom.
>>
>>37191640
My dead lift was higher till I miss a few days but I guess I been waiting my time and progress because I'm a idiot
>>
>>37191656
Have you tried anything?
Squeezing your back harder?
Slightly changing bar position if it's not racked right?
Taking a wider grip or narrower grip?
Changing your elbow positioning? Try this one first. Most do well without elbows pointed downwards, others need to crank them upwards a bit
>>
Can i use a rock for a blenderball? Cant seen yo find my blenderball.
>>
>>37191656
If you just switched to low bar do realize that it takes a bit of shoulder mobility. Work a bit on that. Widening the grip should help. The grip can actually be pretty damn wide iirc.
>>
Can you stick to the same exercises as long as you keep adding weight and/or sets?
>>
File: ss (2016-05-16 at 10.27.55).png (35 KB, 694x536) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-16 at 10.27.55).png
35 KB, 694x536
I'm planning on switching from SL 5x5 to a Madcow. But I find myself with a question.

If one looks at this image, is this the exact schedule every week? Or do I by the second Monday have the first week's Wednesday on Monday and alternate like this every week? That is, simplified, Deadlifts on Wednesday first week, then Deadlifts on Monday and Friday next week.

Or are deadlifts at this point so heavy they're basically an entire workout on its own
>>
>>37191828
What are you even blending?
If it's just powder, just shake the fuck out of the bottle, no ball needed

>>37191812
Also should've added, do shoulder dislocations for mobility with a band. 3x10 is good

>>37191836
Yes, why not? Progression is like the whole point of lifting
>>
>>37191836
Basically yeah.

Adding weight sure. I don't think adding whole new sets is a very common practice though, increasing reps is more common.
>>
File: Untitled.png (20 KB, 299x629) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20 KB, 299x629
What should I change ?
>>
>>37191881
You sure about just shakin it? Dont want to mess up my gains
>>
>>37191909
Personally I would be against having Deadlifts first. I suppose your reasoning is that you want to be completely rested for your heaviest exercise. Mine is that I cannot do any more exercises after Deadlifts.
>>
>>37191952
Actually I'm doing dead lift almost at the ends , the number on the left represents the oder .
>>
I want to home gym master race. What are some good benches and squat racks? I'm looking at Amazon and I'm feeling overwhelmed by all the options.
>>
>>37191940
How the fuck is it going to mess with your gains?
Does your blenderball have special magic in it that supercharges whatever supplement you are shaking?

>>37191872
Yes, that is the schedule1
>>
What is the best form of squat with dumbbells?
>>
best stretch to improve mobility in hip flexors?
>>
>>37191909
>>37191966
Your B day order is all fucked up
Heavy compounds first, isolations after
Same goes for your C day

>>37191979
Find the ones that have the requirements you need (weight limit, type of rack, accessories)
Then look at price
Then make a decision
>>
can someone explain what alcohol and cigarettes do to your beard?
>19
>german
>have horrible beard growth
>to weeks equal ~1-2mm on sideburns and pedostache
>friend of mine finally 18
>shave face b4 Kiez
>drink and smoke heavenly
>wake up with a whole month worth of hair
How the fuck does this work?
I thought alcohol and cigs kill testosterone levels
>>
>>37191991
You can't properly load a squat with DBs if you can squat any real weight
For the very weak, goblet squats. The issue is that the limiting factor becomes how much weight you can hold, not your legs or your back. So past that, variations are the way to go (besides a real barbell, weight and rack)

>>37192005
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hip+flexor+stretches
Past that, google couch/death stretch
>>
File: nathaniel-buzolic.jpg (266 KB, 790x790) Image search: [Google]
nathaniel-buzolic.jpg
266 KB, 790x790
How do I achieve pic related?
>>
>>37178880
How do you know if someone is on steroids?
>>
I keep ripping my jeans around the seam that holds both halfs of the pants at the gooch area.
What do? I've blown through 4 pairs of jeans this way
>>
>>37192124
>Be born with good muscle insertions, broad shoulders, narrow hips and tall.
>Lift, don't eat
>>
File: s-line_seated_row_female.jpg.jpg (39 KB, 472x515) Image search: [Google]
s-line_seated_row_female.jpg.jpg
39 KB, 472x515
Does lifting every day kill gains? I read somewhere that you need to give it at least a days rest in between otherwise muscles won't grow, but even though I was too sore and tired when first starting out it's been about a month now and I can generally lift everyday. Should I follow conventional wisdom or listen to my body?

As an example here's what I want to be doing every day:
15 minutes to an hour of cardio depending on intensity of cardio.
4 sets of 10-12 seated leg press.
4 sets of 10-12 pectoral flies
4 sets of 10-12 seated row (not a rowing machine, pic related)
4 sets of 10-12 lateral pull down
4 sets of 10-12 chest press

All machines I put as much weight as I can handle on. Then if I can still physically function after I'll do three sets of 500m on the rowing machine, timing myself and trying to beat my last time.

Assuming I don't feel particularly sore/worn out, can I do this every day without killing my gains?
>>
>>37192124
roids
>>
I'm 100kg, haven't done any sort of cardio besides walking to college, for the past 5 years. Today I restarted running and did 1 km in 6:15 minutes. How bad is it?
>>
>>37192522
You won't make many gains if you don't let your body recover. Follow conventional wisdom, read the sticky, and hail Satan bud.
>>
Does wearing an elbow strap for tendonitis on just one arm cause muscular imbalance over time?
>>
File: 1460403823506.png (5 KB, 292x346) Image search: [Google]
1460403823506.png
5 KB, 292x346
When DB shrugging should I keep my scapulae protracted (shoulders rolled forward)? I think the clear benefit here is bigger ROM.
>>
>>37192093
thanks mate
>>
So last Monday I was squatting and on my last rep I got this horrible neck pain when I finished that caused this horrible throbbing headache that hurt until the next day. I skipped Wednesday's workout just too be safe despite it no longer hurting and when I got back on Friday I hurt it again just while warming up this time. It didn't hurt for very long on Friday, maybe an hour or so.

Question is, what is causing this and what can I do to fix it?
>>
I have mobility issues when it comes to my arms, it makes it so that I can't pull the bar down to my chest whilst doing pulldowns. Is it going to affect my gains to any greater degree? It feels like my back is contracting just fine regardless.
>>
I bought a piece of equipment and the box said it contained chemicals that can cause cancer or birth defect. Should I return it?
>>
>>37193251
No, because you're already a cancerous birth defect.
>>
>>37192522
You can technically lift every day if you don't hit the same muscles every day. What matters is that each muscle gets time to rest. You can work out let's say 6 times a week if you did something like PPL and don't go crazy on the volume part.

What you have in mind is to do is hit your muscles every day, which won't let them get any rest and as a result you have no time to to let them rebuild. You need to let your body repair the damage you've done from the workout the day before to the muscle or you'll end up overtraining and not making any gains as your muscles are in a constant state of being torn down.

Your best bet is to do something like SL 5x5 or ICF 5x5, where you hit the gym 3 times a week.
>>
>>37193231
Prolly an impinged nerve aka a stinger. Massage that shit, stay hydrated, see a doctor if this is still around next week. Never mess with neck injuries.
>>
>>37192807

no
>>
Can someone red pill me on if it fits your macros?

If I need to eat 3000 calories a day and 180g of protein, and i hit my protein, fiber goals, and micro nutrients at 2000 calories, why is it better to get that last 1000 calories with healthy food rather than chocolate chip cookies?
>>
So im currently eating 3000 calories a day. Im 6' even, 155 pounds. My current regiment consists of 4 lift days and 2 cardio (HIIT). Im losing weight. Which variable needs fo be adjusted?
>>
>>37193414

Stop the cardio and lift 3 times a week
>>
>>37193396
Because in your example there is no feasible way 1000 calls of cookies has sugar that will fit into your macros.
IIFYM means you can eat a cheeseburger and a few fries along with your fish and veg and still get your calories and macros on point for the day.
>>
>>37193396
For your health, healthy food.

For gains, doesn't matter, unless it's right before your workout, where you want to consume slow carbs for energy throughout the entire workout.

>>37193414
Considering you're only 155 lbs, you probably want to eat less than that for weight loss. Then again, why are you even cutting at such a low weight? Bulk, or you'll end up looking like a skeleton.
>>
>>37193438
I just worry ill be internally unhealthy by not doing any cardio. I dont sweat much when i lift but sweat buckets during cardio
>>
>>37193477

Cool.
>>
>>37193448
You misunderstood, i AM trying to bulk, but im currently losing weight despite my best efforts
>>
>>37193496
Then eat more and don't do cardio.
>>
>>37193536
Are there any detriments to cutting out cardio entirely?
>>
>>37193574
I don't see why you HAVE to do cardio to stay healthy, I don't think that's true. It has some benefits, but it makes it harder to bulk and it can put stress on your CNS if you do it with high intensity in conjunction with lifting.

You can probably still do cardio, but you'll have to eat even more than if you didn't do it.
>>
>>37193574

Yes, you'll gain weight. Which just so happens to be your goal.
>>
Too lazy to cook. Thai Express r opoowahagte v Mr Sub or a bar burger?
>>
>>37193414
>eating at a surplus
>not gaining weight
Pick one. Eat more

>>37193251
Why did you buy it if you don't want it?

>>37193237
I don't think this is right
Can you touch your chest wit hyour hand? There really isn't much mobility required to be able to do so

Stop using a stupid grip and go neutral grip width and/or use a weight that enables you to pull it down for full ROM

Other than that, do shoulder dislocations 3x10 every day that you can

>>37193231
In addition to what anon said, neutral spine from top to bottom all the time from now on. If anything, tuck your chin down a bit (while exercising)

>>37192807
No
Straight up and down in the vertical plane

Shrugs are a pretty shit tier exercise though

>>37192739
If you keep training with an injury or with a crutch, you will either do more damage or begin to favour the other side

>>37192652
Starting point doesn't matter
Keep at it

>>37192522
Read the sticky
>does lifting every day
>sore and tired
>that workout
>machines
All this shit is covered in the sticky. Read it

>>37192309
If they are bigger than you, call /fraud/
>>
I'm having tricep tendonitis. Should I stop working out arms for 2 weeks until it heals or should I just train right through it?
>>
>>37193670
>Can you touch your chest wit hyour hand? There really isn't much mobility required to be able to do so

I can touch my chest, but I can't touch my right shoulder with my right hand and vice versa, so I obviously have some mobility issues.

>Stop using a stupid grip and go neutral grip width and/or use a weight that enables you to pull it down for full ROM

I don't use heavy weight at all. I treat the lat pulldown with the utmost care, it's an exercise where I focus on proper form and high rep (T-bar row is my strength builder). I can't even touch my chest no matter how low the weight is, it's literally impossible. I've tried different grips, but it still doesn't touch. I would say I'm a good 4-5cm off touching the chest, that's as far as I can go.
>>
I'm currently doing entirely calisthenics because it's summer, I'm cutting, and I really enjoy it. But my cut is almost done and I'm wondering if I can still lean bulk on a 500 kcal surplus with calisthenics. I know gains are slower, but how much slower? Does anybody have experience with this?
>>
>>37192309
FFMI, 3D delts, or getting insane results on a retarded program (eg kinobody)
>>
>>37193670
>In addition to what anon said, neutral spine from top to bottom all the time from now on. If anything, tuck your chin down a bit (while exercising)

I do already do this, I used to get back pain from hyperextending my back and found that tilting my chin downwards was the only way to get my lower back neutral.
>>
How many days do you lift? How many upper body days and how many lower?
>>
I can't get my pendlay rows form right when doing SL 5x5 , my lower back bends (still not at the 10kg barbell , so the 5kg one doesnt reach the ground properly and I have to stack barbells to make the pendlay row) and I get pained in the next day
can I switch it to regular barbell rows?
>>
>>37194014
Just do regular bent over row.
>>
>>37194055
but the sl 5x5 program goes pages talking about how important it is to do the pendlay row and how regular barbell rows are the demon
is it just marketing or are they right?
>>
I realized today my low bar form has really just been high bar resting a bit lower on my traps. I finally put it on my delts today, and while doing the squats felt much easier, I couldn't hold my working weight? How do I train to hold the damn bar in low bar position?
>>
>>37194075
It's marketing. Mehdi is an idiot.
>>
>>37194075
I don't see why it would be better. Sure, you're able to lift a little more, but your overall back development will be the same. Regular bent over row is a good exercise, nothing wrong with it.

I don't see why you would stick to an exercise if you don't have the mobility to do it.
>>
>>37193625
thai express
>>
>>37193732
Fucked my elbow up too
If specific exercises/movements are causing it (like me), stop them entirely
It's more of a judgement call if you want to keep training. Obviously rest is the best advice, but if you are able to drop the irritating exercise and train through while recovering, you could do that too.

If you think it will take you 2 weeks to heal, it's definitely better to just rest

>>37193764
>can't touch my right shoulder with my right hand and vice versa
Again, I'm having trouble grasping this. Are you sure? This is a veyr basic movement. What is limiting you from doing so? Can you not bend your elbow until the joint is closed? Can you not move your wrist at all? Post a video if you can
Like you literally can't, from a standing position, bend your elbow like a bicep curl, then bend and turn your wrist to touch your shoulder with your fingers?

I don't think you'll get any specific advice, because this just sounds off
And you have no complaints about row ROM

>>37193787
You can do whatever the fuck you want mayne
It's typically more difficult to add mass with calisthenics because of less efficient progressive overload

>>37193819
Read the sticky
A good beginner template can be 3x/week full body
I did this, (SS > TM) up to and past 180 kg squat and 220 kg deadlift

>>37194014
Post form check
Pendlay rows, like deadlift, are made much more difficult with non-bumper lower weight plates because the bar is not elevated ot the 'standard height' that a bumper or a 45 lb plate will have

So either elevate the bar by stacking something under your weights to bring it up to the standard height or doing it in a rack with safeties, or just do strict bent over rows until you are stronger

Also, you should work on flexibility, specifically of the hamstrings in this case, so that you can reach lower without your lower back being at risk
>>
>>37194090
Low bar has the need of keeping maximum tightness in the back at all times to form a proper shelf with the rear delts. So do that, stay tight at all times and squeeze back as hard as you can

Watch videos on positioning too
>>
>>37194205
>Again, I'm having trouble grasping this. Are you sure? This is a veyr basic movement. What is limiting you from doing so? Can you not bend your elbow until the joint is closed?

When I move my forearm (in a curling motion) it stops before it can get too far. I can sort of touch it if I pull my elbow upwards, but it's just barely touching. My friends back in high school used to find it funny that I couldn't touch it properly, whilst they had no problems at all touching it with the palm of their hand. They thought it was because of my biceps being too big (it's not THAT big), but I know that's not why because I've just come back after a long break from lifting (6-7 years) and my arms are quite small at the moment.

Needless to say my arm mobility is complete garbage.
>>
>>37194279
So can you close your elbow joint or not?

Anyways, you obviously want to be spoonfed, so I'll kind of meet you halfway.
The sticky has information on stretching and mobility

Since the sticky also says it's bad to stretch cold muscles, after exercise or whatever, do stretches for your upper body. Key points for you to stretch are triceps, lats, forearms/wrists, shoulders and chest
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.