[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here getting /fit/ but still miserable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11
File: 1462589604680.png (277 KB, 598x566) Image search: [Google]
1462589604680.png
277 KB, 598x566
>dropping fat left and right
>gone from 170lbs abdominal crunches to 200 in what seems like no time
>a week ago curling 40 lbs biceps was impossible and was stuck at 35 and now I can do it with ease
>people are noticeably nicer to me because I am looking better and people are proven to be shallow and vain when it comes to this

>still a virgin
[spoiler]my 19th birthday is in a week[/spoiler]
>>
>>37141863
so young. enjoy these years and stop worrying. go get drunk and meet some girls.
>>
You need to make social gains. There is no other way.
>>
>>37142249
So much this
>>
Happy Birthday Mate. The good years will come I promise, but I do feel bad for you, women of your generation appear to be fucking mental.

Also don't end up like me:

>Be 31
>Recently come out shitty Relationship
>Find that most women my age are now fucking desperate, damaged goods or both
>Younger women can't make a conversation on topics beyond "lol drinks" and "I like holidays"
>Older women are dodgy as fuck

On the plus side I'm buying a house so Home Gym Masterace soon.
>>
>>37141863
19 is young man, get the fuck out of here before it's too late.
>>
>>37142249
>>37142252

you mean that hitting the gym and turning into a narcissist won't make me an interesting and more well-rounded person?
>>
>>37141863
23 orphan here. Stupid ass age where everyone my age still lives off their parents and party's and I can't bring myself to do it most of the time. I had to grow up quickly and it just seems so damn immature and pointless.
>>
>>37142358
Having a good time is pointless?
>>
File: 34.jpg (26 KB, 510x78) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
26 KB, 510x78
Read some Cioran and get cozy
>>
>>37142399
Thats not the part thats pointless. Its the look im drinking alcohol mentality. Also the need to put everything on social media. Not to mention all the money they are wasting. Those people barely have anything in their savings and just think thats okay because they are "kids". When in reality they are full blown adults with maturity issues. Their "interest" are shallow and they have no intellectual merit.
>>
>>37142449
>implying intellectual merit matters
>implying depth matters
>implying maturity isn't the greatest meme
>implying money is wasted if it isn't spent in a way you approve

Ayyy lmao

Your post is essentially "stop liking what I don't like."
>>
>>37142642
It's more like all these people are retarded poor plebs, why should I debase myself by interacting with them.
>>
>>37142674
What line of work you in?

As a junior lawyer I make a fair bit and still party as hard as I did in School and Uni. Most of the partners I work for, who make a shitload of cash, hit it just as hard as I do. Nothing changes, in fact, the only difference I can see is that even more money gets spent on drugs, alcohol and dick waving.
>>
>>37142238
>>37141863
Don't get drunk, OP. Edge is the only way to be
>>
>>37142674
This guy gets it
>>
File: JUST.gif (1 MB, 200x188) Image search: [Google]
JUST.gif
1 MB, 200x188
>>37142249
My idea to get laid is to make physical gainz and social gainz

But college students are so fucking busy (or so they say) in the final 30%ish of each semester and it took me too damn long to figure out how critical it is to make social gainz and by the time I started ramping up my efforts to do so it was a never ending stream of (sorry bro too busy)

Also the only way to join clubs here is to go to the stupid sovo fair and it was cancelled because of snow

Gonna rush a bunch of frats next semester, join all the clubs that look useful, and call up everyone I know from last semester and try to meet new people too

I gotta do it by November or else the semester is over because at that point its just "lol gotta spend over 9000 hours studying for a 40 question exam a month from now" coming from everyone

>>37142268
Women in my generation are total human garbage
>>37142910
Never even been drunk or high before
>>
>>37141863

>Virgin at 19.
I was worried about this when I was your age too, moreso that I hadn't had a girlfriend yet and it made me extremely socially avoidant and weird because I was insecure. Found a gf at 20 and things started to get put into perspective a lot better.

There is a whole bunch of virgins at 19 who just aren't talking about it, take it from a guy who is 26 and at the tail end of the entire collegiate time of your life you are entering now.

A lot of the people around you have never been in a real relationship, haven't had sex, have been sheltered and are just entering that phase of their life. All of them are nervous and insecure.

Keep lifting and work hard in school but don't let your inexperience with intimacy get you down, and don't sacrifice those experiences for moving up on the barbell a little faster. Getting strong is a marathon, it's not a race.

Get some friends, go out and party, join a club, go on tinder. Let yourself mess up and allow yourself to be open, don't be afraid of potentially saying or doing something dumb, literally we've all done that.

Enjoy your time now, all you really have is your experiences and what you make of them. Happy birthday anon.
>>
File: 61e.gif (476 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
61e.gif
476 KB, 495x495
>Started running/ adhering to a serious diet to loose my bitch fat
>lost almost 10 pounds already
>Figure I should weight lift to build muscle at the same time
>Only gym near me is a Planet Fitness (12 min away)
>Next closest one is roughly a 35 min drive from my house
The PF is 24 hours, so that's nice, but from what I heard there's never and free weights and it's all smith machines.

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO START MAKING IT.

What do /fit/?
>>
>>37142976
You don't drink, you don't take drugs and you think women are garbage. Are you surprised that you are still a virgin?

I think the aura of autism that surrounds you must be palpable. No wonder no one wants to hang out with you.
>>
5'11
128 lbs

was 119 when i started 3 months ago.

have i gained a good amount of weight or i'am wasting my time?
>>
>>37141863
Getting fit won't change the fact that you're a broken human with no purpose and few (if any) redeeming qualities.
>>
>>37142268
>Younger women can't make a conversation on topics beyond "lol drinks" and "I like holidays"
sadly this is generally true
>>
>>37141863
>18 year olds whining about life

/fit/ in a nutshell
I wish a good sturdy length of rope and a wobbly chair for all of you
>>
>>37141863
Hey man, nothing wrong with still being a virgin at 19. I lost my virginity at 19. Now I'm 24 and I've slept with 6 girls (3 long term relationships). I just finished up my master's degree, pretty fit (stats right around 1/2/3/4 at 170 lbs and 12% bf), and I'm starting my first full time job just under 6 figures in a month. Just because you're a virgin at 19 doesn't mean your life will suck.

If people are being nicer to you, you're going to make it. Just keep going. Try to be outgoing and talk to girls when you can. Go to parties.
>>
>>37143129
Not OP, but thank you, that's a pretty great plan
>>
File: 1452423187455.jpg (27 KB, 700x356) Image search: [Google]
1452423187455.jpg
27 KB, 700x356
>>37141863
This p much>>37143308

I'm 5'11" and went from 145 skellington to 155 less skellington. Even if I went to 180 ottermode beefcake like I want to I doubt I'd be any happier

Nothing can replace having something to wake up for and look forward to every single day. I have these 3 month cycles of self-improvement and apathy. Even though I make progress in life I don't see it at all. I always feel like I'm treading water. I'm only alive because it's become a habit

>>37143341
Buy me a helium tank for my birthday pls
>>
>>37143291
Just keep going man, good work
>>
>>37143375
NO2 to go out on an amazing high
>>
>>37143375
I feel like this like i go to the gym with goals and stuff but then when i get home i just sit here i dont even play vidya anymore im 19 in like 2 months still virgin. Problem is we come here to /fit/ we gain the muscle get bigger but were still have no social gainz i fuck up all my relationships and being bigger isnt gonna stop that unfortunately its all i seem to strive for when i dont go gym i feel like shit feelsbadman
>>
File: 07898972c381d89bfb04bfe5a81e234d.jpg (128 KB, 1080x1699) Image search: [Google]
07898972c381d89bfb04bfe5a81e234d.jpg
128 KB, 1080x1699
>>37142976
Means to an end bud, I was in your same situation the only difference is that I had two friends that teached (tought? Fuck it Im not a native speaker) Me how to bust out of my cocoon. I didn't liked to go to parties or clubs because I was anxious and thought that people who where there wouldn't accept me and most likely want me to leave. This how ever is far from true, learn your strengths ( are you funny?, handsome, a good listener) and use them to your good. There will be a couple of cunts that will mock you but you have to handle it like the manlet from game of thrones (wich one am I right lulz) use your weaknesses like an armour, so no one can use them against you. Don't over do it tho, then you'll look like a victim and no one likes spending time with them. Take the banter and give it back, with moderation until you are sure you are accepted. Lastly you are not a gold coin, not everyone will like you the best way to get friends (and pussy) is to have fun and be fun. Drugs help out with this.
>>
>>37143281
>>37143308
Never gonna get the raw contempt from people like you two whenever someone reveals they aren't some natural social butterfly.
>>
>>37143630
You're never gonna get anything.
>>
File: friendo.png (124 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
friendo.png
124 KB, 351x351
>>37143653
Yeah now I know your just being a faggot.
>>
File: 1429666085374.png (72 KB, 226x263) Image search: [Google]
1429666085374.png
72 KB, 226x263
>>37141863
lol me
I'm 22 in college, but still lost in life. I hate my major and I'm not sure what to do with my life. I thought about just going for a business admin degree, but I've been told that wont' get me a job in the future.

Also I'm still having feels for my lesbian friend. We would used to chill a lot and then we just kinda lost contact with each other. I started texting her again and she said she would love to hang out with me. I'm happy that we are talking again, but I'm kinda sad too because she will never be mine.Also she's in a ldr with some chick and I know that they are deeply in love with each other.

so I guess I just gotta move on or stop being friends with her. The funny thing is at this point I'm not sure if I'm really "in love" with her or not. I tend to "fall in love" with pretty much any girl who gives me attention, so my mind, heart and dick gets all confused.

lol fml bros.
>>
>>37143159
Better than nothing, bro
>>
>>37142449

What I'm about to tell you may sound like the most fedora thing you've ever heard, but most people, like 99% of the population are dumb. Not retarded, and not "bad" people, but dumb. Foolish, immature, inconsiderate, selfish, self-absorbed, egotistical and/or childish in general. Those qualities can be found in any class, from any race, to any and all kinds of person. From Ph.D's to African tribesmen. but that does not make it any less true. Most people are dumb.

That being said, all young people are dumb, and those in their early 20's somehow manage to achieve even greater immaturity then when they were children, I'm not sure how, but I think it has something to do with lack of responsibility.

Social media is the lowest form of forum on earth, and no lower form of public dialogue can be found than that seen constantly on social media. As the anon below your post stated, intellectual merit and quality of character are not important, as those things are boring and whatever. Academia is not a life-long pursuit, nor the greatest and most important aspect of anyone's life; it's an inconvenience that keeps you from vaping and drinking bro, or at best an ad hominem argument for getting yourself out of personal responsibility, because your teachers failed you bro, it's not your fault you're a loser.

Financial stability is not important either, money is made to be spent on whatever you want, quit worrying so much about it.

And if you disagree, everything on earth is subjective, it's just different opinions, quit killing my style bro lol, stop liking what I don't like. #SORRYNOTSORRY.
>>
File: get the fuck out normie.png (556 KB, 1000x1210) Image search: [Google]
get the fuck out normie.png
556 KB, 1000x1210
>>37144605
Everything in this post is 100% true, and this is coming from a guy who turns 19 in a week. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only non-retarded millennial in existence.

Also read these books to completely obliterate any idealism you had about people in general.

Donald Trump - The art of the deal

Barbara Pease - The Definitive Book of Body Language

John Gray - Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus

Robert Cialdini - The Psychology of Influence

Ogi Ogas - A Billion Wicked Thoughts

Dale Carnegie - How to win friends and influence people

Pic isn't the most appropriate reaction but I the other pepe's are even less fitting.
>>
>>37143129
Not OP but thanks for this post, exactly what I needed to hear
>>
>>37142268
Don't get married, prenup it up if you do.
>>
>>37144605
>>37144783
you'll both grow up eventually don't worry
>>
>>37145114

Uh huh, nice rebuttal. Are you browsing this site with your parents permission?
>>
File: mlady.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mlady.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>37144783
>>
you have to be happy with yourself

sticking your dick in a girl isnt the cure for all your problems, just so you know.
>>
>>37145174
>implying the great problem isnt the lack of sticking my dick in a girl
>>
>>37141863
Post body
>>
Don't get too sad about it, I'm 19 and I've had sex with like 10 girls, it's alright but finding someone you can be passionate with and spend time with is a lot better, most girls I meet are shit quality and the ones I'd like to date intimidate the fuck out of me cause I'm 5'8 with shitty teeth, everything else about me is pretty decent, doing my 2nd year of electrical school and I should be happy but my first girlfriend in highschool cheated on me and that's how I got into fitness and now fitness is just holding me together
>>
>>37143159
>>37144417
Yeah you'll still make gains man. Use dumbbells instead of the smith machine when you can. These difficulties aren't going to count for much in the long run
>>
Enjoy while ur still not balding
>>
>>37142976
>My idea to get laid

That's where you fucked up.
>>
>>37146840
What else am I meant to do then?
>>
>>37146847
Self improvement for the sake of self improvement.

You have the right idea but your motives are entirely wrong.
>>
>>37146867
What does it matter what my motives are if what I'm doing is what everyone says I should be doing?
>>
>>37146882
Wrong again.

You need to experience things, not because other people say you should but because there are things in the world to experience. Be your own person.

It sounds redundant, I know, but you need that change in perspective.
>>
>>37141863
Gtfo you just started lifting last week.
>>
>>37146917
I don't get what your talking about.

>>37146941
uwot?
>>
>>37146051
>cause I'm 5'8 with shitty teeth
>I've had sex with like 10 girls
No offence but how the everloving fuck did you manage that?
>>
>was depressed and wanted to die
>got fit
>still depressed and want to die

i fell for the meme
>>
>>37143129
>There is a whole bunch of virgins at 19 who just aren't talking about it
so much this. literally my entire friend group of 18 and 19 year olds always talk shit about fucking girls but are socially retarted and virgins
>>
>>37142268
Mfw im 21 and know the younger women issue. Its only lol lets go get wasted or i love vacations and traveling. Bitch i dont mind traveling but im not doing it more then once a year i have other shit to do then love in a constant fucking holiday. Oh yeah i dont drink either. Latley i have just been fucking older women. 35-45 who are single *or there husband is away* and want a good one night stand. I know i wont get any decent relationship out of it but fuck it. I worked my ass off for my body and if women my age are retards who dont know how to do anything but drink and be fucktards then the older ones will have my goods
>>
>>37141863
keep going
>>
>>37142976
>Implying women have all of the sudden changed only for your generation to become garbage
Damn those women, it's their fault they don't love autists.
>>
>>37148527
Someone else explain to this guy why they are objectively shit to get him to calm down with his le autism xd meme
>>
>>37148527
Women are picky as fuck mate, its not about just "not being autistic" its about you needing to be near perfect to get her
Meanwhile she can do whatever and whoever she wants without loosing out on the ability to get a guy
>>
Join a sporting club like rowing, its pretty easy to pick up and it puts your gains to good use plus roughly about half of the people in the club will be women, its how i met my GF and lost virg
>>
>>37148473
You seem like a buffoon.
>>
>>37142976
Don't ever get drunk or start drinking in order to meet new people. If getting drunk every time you go out is the only way you can have a good time with your friends, I think you seriously need new friends. Alcohol is a literal poison for your body, so good job on avoiding it.
>>
>>37148793
I get the logic that exposure to women makes sense but honestly, how to overcome their natural cold and uninterested behaviour?
Cant really force a girl into a relationship, you need to trick her into it and seems its harder to do if she is active in a club of some sort or has a broad social network
>>
>>37148844
>force
>trick
Nigr, are you for real?
Women enjoy positive language, good looks and of course a good personality. Good looks is the first step, all attraction is based off looks at one point unless you meet in a library or somewhere you can talk so she can understand that you have a nice personality that works for her. Not all women are going to like you just like you aren't going to like all women. Some women are just bitches just like the apparent Alpha Chad is a cocky prick. Those type of people usually deserve each other. You aren't going to end up alone, you just need to realize the difference between yourself and them and work on that.
>>
>>37146945
never gonna make it
>>
Making good progress, I'm almost at my goal weight
>>
>>37146945
He means that you need to live for yourself and not for anyone else. Obviously you want to lift weights and work out to get girls but don't do other things just because other people are doing it. Be your own man, not somebody who is influced by the opinion of others. That's what separates the alpha from the beta.
>>
>>37148795
I mean a bufoon who made one of the most popular fitness apps out there?? Yeah why not.
>>
>BMI is finally in the green
>lots of compliments on weight loss
>still feel inadequate
>landwhales all around me in happy relationships with decent looking guys
>mfw men won't give me the time of day
>sometimes cry late at night thinking about him
I'm making the effort lads, why doesn't anyone want to wife me?
>>
>>37149149
Based on your grammar and the way you cry about women. People with accomplishments don't bitch like you. What's the app?
>>
>>37148948
Im just not seeing it
When i talk to a girl im moderatly interested in either:
1. She mentions she has a bf
2. She completly lacks interest
In both cases nothing happens and i cant really change that
if i try to make a move she will either back down due to lack of interest or the fact that she has a bf, doesnt really matter which one it is because end result is the same
I need to make her think she wants me
>>
>>37149195
Have you thought that maybe you're just not interesting? Sometimes these things come natural in understanding women and their signals and signs. It's also possible that you're trying to go for girls that are out of your league. As long as you practice with keeping an interesting conversation with her about her, you should be fine.
Personally, i first make eye contact before i talk to them to understand that they actually want to be talked to by you.
>>
>>37149267
Yup, people online always love to mention that and i honestly dont take offence like i used to
I do stuff, i can keep conversations going and i can talk to anyone about anything
I dont think i go for girls out of my league, in fact i usually aim for average looks with good personality. Most guys i talk to dont agree at all with my view on what makes a girl pretty so its not likely i shoot outside my league

problem is 8/10 girls are in a relationship already and sure, ive thought about sniping them from their bfs but thats alot of work friend...with no guarantee it would work since she might notice im trying to replace her bf and get turned off the idea
>>
>>37141863
Why are you guys so pathetic.
>>
>>37149340
Stealing a girl from a guy isn't a lot of work it's just not a bro move. That's what i used to do once i graduated high-school and i used to think it was fun until i realized what it almost feels like for myself. My friends were hitting on my girlfriend when we were doing long distance. Not cool.
>>
>>37141863
>loose v-card at 15
>two girlfriends, some ONS after
>chase a girl for a year, realise it was stupid
>got over it (around my 19th birthday)
>try to get back in the game
>22 now, haven't have sex in 3 years, can't build a relationship or get a ONS

Where did it all go wrong? Can you loose your way with women? Or are girls in the ages of 20+ just a new level of bitches?
>>
>>37149370
Sure it is, you need to play a very sly game
You need to make her think she is interested in you, make her think she doesnt love her bf anymore, make her uncertain enough not to get swooped up by other guys, make her certain enough so he doesnt win her back
Ïts a time consuming effort because you also need to get to know her and make her trust you

Ofc its not a bro move but hey, a guy has to get laid and loved in some way right?
>>
File: nintendork.jpg (52 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
nintendork.jpg
52 KB, 500x667
>>37148559
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.