[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit the pisses you off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13
File: 1461560498062.gif (2 MB, 380x238) Image search: [Google]
1461560498062.gif
2 MB, 380x238
What are some shit that pisses you off at the gym?
I hate those kids who only bench. This kid today went from Bench, to incline bench, to incline bench on that cable assisted rack shit bench.
To top it off, these kids at the gym go straight to benching heavy without even warming up
>>
File: photoshop-muscles-7.jpg (87 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
photoshop-muscles-7.jpg
87 KB, 500x655
Maybe it was chest day, bruh.
>>
people are are skinny fat and have a little fat pouch that outlines in their tight little faggy shirts and only do arms and curl 15 lb dumbbells for 10 minutes then stare at me while i do my sets.
>>
did he bench more than you?
>>
>>37107413
i get so angry thinking about it
>>
>>37107422
no
>>
>>37107396
Why do you care what routines other people are doing?
>>
>>37107508
This. Even watching someone long enough to figure out his routine is turbo autistic. I bet OP was checking him out homo style.
>>
>>37107508
>>37107530
Really small gym. Like really small. I know everyone there and can see the whole gym from the squat rack
>>
he was probably on his chest day you sped
>>
>>37107396
>kids
>benching heavy

Nigga, no kid is gonna stat off with benching 3pl8.

You can properly warm up for sets of 2pl8 with just rolling out your wrists and shoulders.

Either you're weak as fuck or injury prone like a motherfucker.
>>
>>37107396
i go from flat bench to incline...
>>
>>37107545
Benching heavy on their terms.
Either way, not warming up could lead to injury. Your CNS isn't prepared
>>
>>37107396
my routine today included bench, inclined bench, ohp, dumbell bench...
so what? tomorrow i do legs.

what pisses me off are those fuckers who wander around the gym not doing anything and get too close to me when i'm working out.
>>
>>37107545
>starting off 2 plate bench with with no warm up

Wow bro you're so tough, I bet all the guys at my gym who can bench 4 plates are retarded and just pussies when they warm up for two plates man what fags
>>
File: fucking_kid.png (150 KB, 436x400) Image search: [Google]
fucking_kid.png
150 KB, 436x400
>>37107396
>betas that orbit the squat rack I'm using
>DYELs with invisible lat syndrome and grunts with babby weights
>talkers
>faggots that doesn't even say "no homo" after sucking me off in the showers
>>
>>37108146
>>DYELs with invisible lat syndrome and grunts with babby weights
How are they supposed to get big?
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 244x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 244x238
> people who drink in between sets
>>
File: 1449728803140.png (598 KB, 610x608) Image search: [Google]
1449728803140.png
598 KB, 610x608
>>37107396
Dude who does step-ups on the benches, like every fucking bench, and never wipes it down.

I get that benches will be dirty one way or another, but the sweat on someone's back is entirely different from the cat shit on the bottom of a shoe.
>>
>>37108277
>people that drink at all at the gym
>>
>>37108277
Seriously, why is that bad?
>>
>bunch of girls who hug the squat rack for an hour doing retarded exercises.
>using the dip assist as leg press

I fucking hate women at the gym
>>
>>37108306

It isnt, hes just being a faggot like the yawn between sets autist.
>>
>>37108327

Women at my gym just go on the treadmills in groups of 3, choose walking speed, then stay there for 30 minutes, talking.

Why the fuck dont they just go to a park?
>>
>>37108362
It's cooler and socially more acceptable to say that you have a gym membership.
>>
>>37107538
>Really small dick. Like really small. I know everyone there can see my whole mess from everywhere
>>
>females that do a million sets of light as fuck squats and hog the rack for well over an hour

Why do women only fucking squat?
>>
>>37107396
Why do you guys care what other people do?
>>
>>37107396
I pretty much only bench and curl since I (TRIGGER WARNING) lift for girls. I just have a bench and a few weights at home though. Why would someone pay for a gym membership just to bench?
>>
>>37108327
>dip assist as leg press
RRREEEEEEEEE
I fucking hate that holy shit.
>>
>>37108658
Because they want nice legs and a nice ass but don't want to build upper body muscle. I'm not mad about it
>>
>>37108679
Kek enjoy your shoulder pain.
I could explain why doing your chest and not training back as well will fuck up your shoulder alignment but screw it coz you
>only lift for girls.
>>
>>37108679
Where do you think you are?
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>>37107396
>people who rest on benches / machines
>people who brush their teeth in the bathroom sink
>people who do meme-tier exercises
>people who use a treadmill to walk for half an hour
>people who spill their post-workout in the fountain and don't clean it up
>old strong-fat old people walking around naked in the locker room
>taking more than 15 min to do one exercise
>not being sure if the qt receptionist is into you or just being friendly
I'm usually a pretty even-keeled dude but this shit makes me rage, but I'm too autistic to ever say / do anything about it
>>
>>37108754
I do occasional shrugs and weighted pull ups. They're just more of a weekly thing. I haven't had trouble with my shoulders before. If I start to have trouble, I'll start working my back more. They're not on a set schedule now though and I just do them and a few other things when I feel like it.

>>37108758
I know where I am. That's why I added a much needed trigger warning for you autists.
>>
>>37107550
I go flat bench to incline to OHP
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 470x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 470x626
Yawning
>>
>>37108809
I find its best to not worry about preventable injuries until they hurt, good plan
>>
>dude who uses the only power cage in the shole gym (there's a squat rack but it's always taken by dyels using pussy pads) as his towel rack while he does eight different chest exercises on a bench 5ft in front of the cage
>People who think they're hot shit with a 3plaet squat when they are half-repping, using a belt, and doing 1x3 and sneer over at my 3x5 2.5plaet atg 10/10 form squats
Can't wait to hit that 3plaet raw and show those posers how it's fucking done.
>>
>>37108754
>>37108758
There was a huge trigger warning in all caps and you two tumblerinas still got triggered.
>>
>>37107396
The time that I have to eat more than I could stomach.

Clean eating just takes a toll on my appetite.
>>
>>37107543

Not the OP, but anyone who has a "chest day" is a raging faggot and complete moron.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 684x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 684x749
>>37108986
But y tho
>>
>>37108679

There's a lot wrong with this, even within the context of lifting for girls.

First, girls, generally and to a certain extent, appreciate quads and glutes. You don't have to be a Sqauttasaurus Rex or anything, but if you are completely lacking leg muscle, ESPECIALLY if you have a puffed up upper body, you are hurting your chances.

There are some girls that seems to prefer just outright skinny guys, but they have the skinny upper body to match the chickenlegs.

Secondly, I'm sure your shitty set up at home doesn't even allow for good progress on the shit you're doing.

Furthermore, just benching and curling will not make your traps or back grow, and will lead to exaggerated imbalances that risk injury as explained here >>37108754

Quit being a faggot, join a gym, and run your beginner LP. They, once you're halfway strong, start taking steroids because you have an inferiority complex and it's the only way to get that external validation for your physical appearance that you crave.
>>
File: Terrified Cat.gif (570 KB, 360x246) Image search: [Google]
Terrified Cat.gif
570 KB, 360x246
>>37108785

>Brushing your teeth at the gym
>mfw

The gym has to be the dirtiest, must unsanitary place in western society, and the locker rooms are the goddamn epicenter of that filth. I go to the gym partly to train my immune system because if it can withstand all that shit, it can withstand the fucking Andromeda Strain.

And there are people who CHOOSE to rub all that over the inside of their mouths?
>>
>>37107413
>a little fat pouch that outlines in their tight little faggy shirts

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>37108883

Use a belt you fucking idiot, before you herniate a disc.

And squat lowbar since I'm pretty sure you aren't already doing so.
>>
>>37109031
Mostly the homeless dudes (myself included), but at least I have the decency to do it in the shower and not in the fucking sink
>>
>>37109013

Designing a program around very specific body parts is a sure way to end up with a pile of isolation bullshit and no plan to progress, which is a recipe for failure if you aren't on lots of steroids.

It's one thing to have a "bench press" day (to go with squat, deadlift, and OHP days), but having a chest, arms, abs, or shoulders day is the pinnacle of retardation. The most effective strength and muscle building exercises work more than specific muscle group at a time. That's actually the reason they're most effective.
>>
>>37109061
>said the physio/medical doctor
Post body SS shill ;^)
>>
>>37108306
exercise-associated hyponatremia
>>
>>37109061
I dunno man. As long as you're slowly increasing the weight you lift, I don't see anything wrong with having a day for just chest for example
Ex:
>8x3 DB Flys
>pull-ups until failure
>bench press
>raised push-ups (don't know the specific name for them, but you elevate your feet on a platform of some sort)
>8x3 cable cross overs (or until failure)
All of these exercises work the chest primarily, but also work other muscles as well. It'd be retarded if someone just did 3 different variations of bench tho
>>
>>37107396
o.o
>>
>>37108559
sadpanda.exe
>>
>>37107508
the idiots will eventually take up space you need to use
>>
C U R L I N G
U
R
L
I
N
G

I N
N

T H E
H
E

S Q U A T
Q
U
A
T

R A C K
A
C
K
>>
File: 1460223363141.png (103 KB, 300x900) Image search: [Google]
1460223363141.png
103 KB, 300x900
>>37108327
>doing lower body
>finish up with leg work, move on to leg raises
>it's right next to the assisted dip/pull up
>some older PT lady and a skinnyfat chick are using it
>the older PT lady is showing basic bitch to use the assist machine as a leg press
>oh yeah, you have to work each leg individually but it's far better than getting in that contraption called a leg press
>mfw

I'd seen people doing that shit before, but this was one of the staff telling someone literally the wrong way to use equipment.
Women were not meant for this place
>>
>>37109127
decline push ups. also
>pull ups on chest day
>>
Guys currently i do
A
8 reps x 3 sets Bench
8x3 skull crushers
8x3 curls/ hammer curls

B
8x3 Squat
8x3 Rows/ other back machines
8x3 Shoulder press
10-15x3 calves

ABABAxxABABAxx
should i switch to
ABABAxxBABABxx
or ABxABxxABxABxx

focusing on mass and strength any opinions or recommendation? im welcome to anything
>>
>>37107396
what's wrong with not warming up if you can't even bench 2 pl8? Hell maybe they can't even bench 1 pl8
>>
>mfw I come to these threads to get ideas on how to troll you faggots
>>
>>37112392
Hahahah do you even know what you're doing?
>>
>>37112430
>what's wrong with not warming up.
It doesn't matter how much you bench/squat/DL/press you have to warm up.
What's wrong? I'll let you figure that out for yourself.
>>
When girls use the squat racks for a stage to do leg calisthenics
>>
>chinese kids who bench less than a plate so you can't work in but who also hog the bench and spend long af on it, but wears all this really sleek equipment
>curlbros (there is one i particularly hate, he checks out his disproportionately large arms in the mirror, invites his gf to work out with him, and looks vexed that people aren't just training chest and arms)
>girls who come to the free-weight section just to do some weird stretches for male attention
>oly lifters and rugby team (take up the entire free weight section because they come as a clan, the former also make a ridiculous amount of noise for no reason and wear cringey tshirts about how dedicated they are)
>people who don't rerack the weights and don't get told off for it OR even worse put the weights into the wrong places
>when the gym manager tells me off for trivial shit but lets others get away with murder
>that black guy who looks increidble but has pitiful lifts
>that black guy who talks to you like you're a close friend of his
>>
>>37112456
i mean ive been making some decent strength gains on the fence about resting period. 5x5 was hard on my joints after 5 months when i did it.
>>
>>37112392
i recommend following a beginner routine, you clearly don't know what the fuck you're doing
>>
>>37112456
whats wrong with my routine? been lurking /fit/ for 2 years
>>
>>37112519
oh yeah
>when dyels or PTs make snarky comments about how much weight you should be lifting when you fail a rep or something
>>
>>37112538

>or something

Like what? Dropping it? Yeah you probably shouldn't ego lift
>>
File: fractal REEEEEEEE.jpg (204 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
fractal REEEEEEEE.jpg
204 KB, 900x900
> DYELs quarter squatting more than you and giving you patronizing looks while you go ATG
> girls using the freeweight area to do bodyweight exercises
> guys doing barbell rows on top of the fixed benches - like literally perched atop it
> girls doing hack squats face-down
> gymbros that wear sleeves, a belt and wraps to deadlift 2pl8
> anyone doing freeweight circuits
> PTs giving you unwanted advice
> chinese FOBs doing bizarre anime workouts in the cable machines
> people who get pissy at deadlifts for making noise
>>
File: 1412719170066.jpg (52 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1412719170066.jpg
52 KB, 700x500
>>37112744
> DYELs quarter squatting more than you and giving you patronizing looks while you go ATG

triggered
>>
>>37112679
I don't drop weights senpai
on the other hand the PTs will come up to me and say 'are you sure you can lift that much? did you do a warm up before?' before I squat or Deadlift (yes I can lift that much, yes I did some warm up sets before, thank you for the concern)
>>
>>37113117
They only ask because you're probably DYEL as fuck and load up lmao3pl8
>>
>>37109119
>exercise-associated hyponatremia
I googled it and it has an amazing meme potential xD
>>
>>37108362
newen?
>>
>>37107413
P-people really do this? You have to be lying
>>
>>37112679
Bro, you dont guide down a maxed out deadlift. It's not ego lifting, its wanting to walk.
>>
>>37113449
pretty common
had some teenagers come into the gym acting like curl bros, doing 20lbs at most.
>>
>>37108306
>Seriously, why is that bad?
I do that. Although I sometimes prefer to have a bottle with me
>>
>>37109041
disguisting
>>
File: 9000scoops.png (103 KB, 481x269) Image search: [Google]
9000scoops.png
103 KB, 481x269
> it's crowded
> want to squat
> gym has preset barbells that go from 14 to 50kg
> two fat dyel sandniggers are curling in the squatrack with just the bar
>>
>>37107413

I DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD SHIRTS OKAY
>>
>>37114137

If ya can pick it up ya should be able to put it down :^)
>>
>>37114330
*triggered*
>>
>>37112744
if they're guarter squatting more than you they will out squat you atg every day in a week, atg isn't some magical shit, it is just pointless and have no real life benefits over quarter squats, fucking professional athelets do no fucking atg, so it is time for you to step out of your delusion
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.