[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat Teenager
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 957x1414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 957x1414
I am about 5' 7" 215, I've been working out for a few weeks and have lost weight. I notice my stomach is beginning to just barely hang over my pants, and my chest has less fat and is starting to stick out a bit. But basically I'm past the initially two weeks where you lose a lot and kinda have hit a wall. I only lift but am adding a two mile walk to get something extra in; I have a high protein diet, little to no cheats. Anything else I can do or just be patient?
>>
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 1173x1260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 1173x1260
Different view, pics are a bit old
>>
I started drinking 2 cups of oolong tea a day, 1 in the morning and one in the evening.

Combined the tea with walking a few miles and the I shed a lot of weight over a few months, didn't weigh myself but dropped a few clothes sizes.
>>
>>37103739

Try to lose 1-2 pounds a week. What do you exactly eat? Give us a typical day.
Do you follow the sticky? I'm also losing weight (I follow the sticky). in 1 month i went from 308 pounds to 275.

Give us some details so we tell you what to change
>>
Two weeks ain't shit and you have come nowhere close to hitting a wall at that high of a bf%

Make sure you are counting every single calorie and keep improving in your exercises.

Also get some good cardio in several times a week, on an elliptical or electric bike so you don't destroy your ankles from being so heavy.

As a former fatass, cardio was super crucial in the beginning to me feeling better because your heart is working its ass off to chug around all that extra fat and your heart is probably weak as shit
>>
Fast weight loss is mostly water weight. Just be patient and do cardio. Stationary bike or eliptical machines are good if they're available.

Used to be 260 3 years ago at 5'10 now im 200. Not gloating, I'm still pretty fat and if I should have reached my goal weight by now...
>>
>>37103739
Good job OP, just keep a caloric deficit & keep lifting. 2 weeks isn't that long, you need to play the long game in /fit/
>>
>>37103843
What kind of cardio? I've been trying couch to 5k but I get a ridiculous sharp pain in a specific part of my shin which I hurt during a drunken incident.

I'd prefer something with a little less shin impact
>>
>>37103898
He said eliptical and bike.
>>
OP here. Typical diet is egg whites or a non-sugary cereal and a scoop of powder on the morning. Some type of meat or a sandwich with fruit and vegetables for lunch. Sometimes a snack after school sometimes not. Meat, vegetables, and a carb at dinner. Lots of water. Also I was doing a full body cardio workout which including lifting and cardio exercises to combine weight loss and muscle gain idk how well it works though. I can say the workout if you guys care. Just gonna keep going
>>
>>37103883

Absolutely not going to make it. Not a chance.

I've lost more than half of that weight (33 pounds) in 1 month.

That means I'm losing weight 18 times faster than you without being hungry. What the hell are you eating all the time?
>>
>>37104049
Shh.
>>
>>37104013

Ok, now put all of this in the trash and start again. If you follow my meal plan (that I put together with the STICKY in mind), then you will lose 4-5 pounds a weak (at least). The only thing you need is discipline.

Not all meat is good for you. Don't eat eggs or cereal for breakfast, but eat 4 slices of WHOLE wheat bread with lean meat (turkey, chicken, smoked salmon, or any other fish). lunch should be lean soup and 2 or 4 slices of whole wheat bread with lean meat. You eat no more and no less than 2 snacks a day (An apple or a pear, not a fucking snickers). If you like black coffee, then drink it. It's good for weight loss. For dinner your plate should be 3/4 vegetables and 1/4th lean meat (I usually switch between seafood, fish, chicken or turkey). Drink lots of watter.

1 hour of cardio or lifting a day.
>>
>>37103739
I was 230lbs at 6'0 six months ago, now i'm down to 165. I lost the weight by going on keto while eating 700-1000 calories a day. I know it's fucking stupid but it worked. I didn't have any muscles to lose so that didn't turn out so bad
>>
>>37104228
Why not eggs for breakfast? Genuinely curious
>>
>>37104260

I guess it's more personal, but eggs don't do it for me. Even if i'd eat a dozen of them, I'd still be hungry. You can easily eat too much of them. I'd eat eggs when I'm bulking, not when I'm cutting.
>>
Oh fair enough, I get that.
>>
im sorry but you're not gonna make it buddy
its too late for you
>>
>>37103739
anon, I can't go back in time to when I was your age. But if my words reach you. Please keep losing weight. You're gonna save your life and you're gonna look good. Those stretch marks will fade away.

Definitely buy a food scale. Use myfitnesspal, write down every product you use and weight it on the scale.

Be careful of eating too much protein. At your size you don't need that much. Just reach your macros and fill the rest of the calories with some healthy fats. Avoid snacking.

>>37104260
the whole egg is good, do not use any dietary plans from this website. reddit /r/fitness or /r/keto /r/ketogains are way better resources.
>>
>>37104301
>reddit
Fuck off back to liberal faggot land.

OP, listen to nothing in that post
>>
>>37104301
What's wrong with the sticky?

I'm following it and I'm losing weight faster than a 500lb landwhale that got a gastric bypass in a weight loss show
>>
>>37104049
- so how is the excess skin flaps treating you?
>>
>>37104356
Someone just told you to not eat any eggs and to instead, eat 4 slices of bread. You didn't think that was strange? You've only been at it for 2 weeks and you've just plateaued. The sticky should also mention how fast everybody loses weight the first week. Are you measuring anything at all?
>>
>>37104301
Keto is a shit diet
>>
>>37104488
Oh yeah? Well at least I'm not a nigger.
>>
>>37104356
>What's wrong with the sticky?
A lot
The sticky is for novices only.
Eventually you will have to customize your diet/workout/relaxation around your goals.
>>
>>37104356
Look whatever you do, just don't gain anymore weight. If you keep getting red marks on your belly, you're fucking up.

Good luck.
>>
>>37103739
that was me last year at 22. same exact height weight. now i'm 160. here's the deal bro. EAT PROTEIN DRINK A LOT OF WATER LIFT HEAVY. thats pretty much it. dont bug out too much about what you eat just dont eat out much and prepare foods you enjoy eating. Dont stress it you are a young man you biologically meant to go full warrior mode as long as you challenge your body with heavy excercise. counting calories and shit is for women eggs bacon beans beef cheese milk eat whatever! Just make sure that every work out you work out like a man PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT some days the limilt will be less than other days limit thats ok. Heres the split homeslice.
PUSH DAY CHEST AND TRICEPS- Do an hour of chest and tricep lifts ONLY dumbell bench incline bench decline bench skull crushers tri cep extencsions WHATEVER YOU LIKE MIX IT UP AS LONG AS IT IS CHEST AND TRI
PULL DAY BACK and BICEPS PULLUPS( i couldnt do em at first) PULLDOWNS ALL TYPES OF ROWS ALL TYPES OF CURLS ESP HAMMERS AND ISOS MIX IT UP
LEG DAY OR YOURE GAY- SQUATS THE KING OF LEGS FRONT SQUATS BACK SQUATS CLOSE STANCE WIDE STANCE PAUSE AT THE BOTTOM PAUSE WHEREVER IT DOESNT MATTER SQUAT HOMIE AND SQUAT HEAVY. a thick kid like you shouldnt be doing less than 225 for at least 8 reps WEAR A BELT KEEP THE BACK STRAIGHT AND TIGHT FIND A SPOT ON THE CEILING AND STARE AT IT.

IF YOU ARE NEW TO LIFTING REMEMBER TO BREATH
OUT UPON EXERTION and IN ON THE RETURN
thats my two cents you'll make it like that believe me.
>>
>>37104449

I'm 6ft2 and muscular. I won't have excess skin. I do everything to prevent it too (quit smoking, increased protein intake, drink tons of water, etc..)
>>
>>37104550
have you lost your virginity yet?
>>
>>37104228
>>37104228
IGNORE THESE FOOLS HOMESLICE
EAT WHATEVER AS LONG AS IT IS WHOLE FOOD
PUMP IRON CONSISTENTLY
CARDIO IS AN AFTERTHOUGHT JUST DO IT WHEN YOU FEEL IT
I GOT THE PICS IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME.
the bottom line is is that the more complex you make your diet and exercise plan the more likely you are to not stay with it and staying with it is the only thing that matters. you will have to stay at it for a year or more no matter what diet or excercise plan you choose so choose the fun one and let your youthful masculinity take over the rest. I promise you the rest of this board full of autists will lead you astray. The only reason I come here is to save people like you and me from all of this trashy memeage.
>>
Aight basically I'll stop being a faggot, follow the sticky more, and have more discipline. Thanks anons...
>>
>>37104049
Thats damn fast, but I'm glad to see someone else here legit losing weight. I've lost 30 pounds in two months, and its not like I'm starving myself. Two snacks and three full meals. Too many fatties here barely doing any work and barely losing any weight. Also, no I'm not some morbidly obese planet, just fat 5'9 and 195 now.
>>
>>37104566
yes, but how is this prudent? I lost my virginity before the weight loss and relied solely on my sterling personality and interpersonal communication traits. A feat few on this board can fathom.
>>
File: AfckwTRCAAAovsb.jpg (24 KB, 600x266) Image search: [Google]
AfckwTRCAAAovsb.jpg
24 KB, 600x266
>>37104228
>no eggs
>4 slices of bread for breakfast
>mfw lean soup
>4 slices of bread for lunch
>2 snacks
>>
>>37104676
im stronger now and weigh less you have to eat a lot and work out a lot like six days a week. Supp with protein. you are like the perfect bulk mode you can be muscle bound if you are patient lift heavy and ignore cardio for the most part. really, a solid leg day is cardio just more in the anaerobic rather than aerobic fashion.
>>
Not OP but I need /fit/'s opinion on my diet I have been following for a while now.
Tell me what you think:

Breakfast:
>Black coffee
>one muffin because it is packed with cals and I am never really hungry in the morning
Meal:
>1 serving of lemon cuscus because I need something to accompany my meal
>3 to 4 hardboiled eggs because I can cook them the evening before and they'll still taste fresh
>1 boneless chiken breast
>A cup of natural, 0% fatfree yogurt (it's like 12g of protein every 90 cals)
Diner:
>At that point I already have most of my daily intake taken
>A full pot of yogurt, the "healthy" kind that soccermom are fond of, for a total of 227 cals and 20g of protein
>Or a can of tuna, but that's twice a week max (don't wanna die from mercury poisoning)

Should I change something?
>>
>>37104736
Thanks bro, I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing since it's working, just slowly working.
>>
>>37104755
The sticky is merely a guide line of information. The dietary suggestions are for general purposes. You may require different nutritional regimentation. Don't blindly follow a guide, do a more reading and research.
>>
>>37104049
just by calorie cutting?
>>
>>37104755
then you my friend will never make it. you will be doomed to a life of yo yo dieting, disappointment, and frustration. You came on here worrying about a two week plateau lol this shit is not a race, its not even a marathon, its a lifestyle and if you dont have that mentality that this is my new life then you wont make it.
>>
>>37104049
>I've lost more than half of that weight (33 pounds) in 1 month.

enjoy gaining all of that back you manic depressive fuck

20% of people keep their weight off, and it's because they change their habits for life, not just starve for periods
>>
>>37104784
>>37104755
yeah the reason the sticky doesnt work is that the human body is not an algorithm even the same body will constantly be in flux metabolically which makes any diet that preaches consistent or identical day to day inputs wrong from the get. you should be mindful of your bodies needs, eat when you are hungry stop when you are full etc. unless you have a true medical conditions special dieting shouldn't be necessary for a healthy young man
>>
>>37104869
Oh I'm not here because I'm thinking of quitting, hell no. I have the right mentality I was just wondering if I could do more is all. I realize this takes a while, there's a reason not every can do it and it's because they lack willpower.
>>
>>37104049
>I've lost more than half of that weight (33 pounds) in 1 month.
Were you mordibly obese or what? I lost 50 pounds in 6 months and my doctor though it was a goddamn achievment (I was skinny fat though)
>>
>>37104049
What did you do? What was your plan?
>>
>>37104953
philosophically speaking im not sure that lacking willpower is the only thing keeping a lot of people down. I dont wanna sound like a prick but youre all piss and vinegar at two weeks talkin like that shit. There are a lot of people that start off with strong resolve but set themselves up with unattainable goals or reasonable methods that realistically only the top 5% of human beings have the willpower to stay with. Did you know that some people are genetically disposed to just being able to easily switch their pleasure receptors on/off and change what gives them pleasure? the most successful people fall in love with the grind and gain their pleasure from it. At this point is that really willpower? they aren't making themselves do something they hate Thats the mindset thats what i mean when i say it has to be a lifestyle and it has to be one you love for it to be successful. I love going to the gym now. I am angry, anxious and upset everytime im forced to miss a day i didnt plan to miss. not even roidin bro im just on that natty endorphin high
>>
>>37105039
I've been doing it for about a month I wasn't clear though,after two weeks I hit a plateau but have continued going since then because I'm committed
>>
>>37103739

Calories in. Calories out.

Not as easy as it is simple. But IT WORKS!
>>
eat like a bird
>>
>>37103739
Stop eating. You fat piece of shit. Put the fork down and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>37105066
still though a month isnt a significant amount of time. do you love being sore the day after a lift? I love it now. I am dissapointed if I dont feel rekd the next day. I started getting back into lifting with a friend of mine and he was constant positive enforcement always talking up the right goals like feeling how sore you are the next day. prs dont really matter they are just dick measurers the only goal that matters is the feeling of full bodily exertion nothing else will work as well or feel as great as knowing you left everything you got out there on the weight room floor. Knowing that you didnt cheat yourself. fall in love with that and you've made it. its also totally natural to plateau and you will start shedding fat again. but shed fat not pounds. dont use a scale and dont follow restrictive dieting i cant stress those enough. I eat a lot of eggs, i mean a lot of eggs but everydday the same thing for breakfast? cmon realistically you will get bored of that shit and then what? you will break you will eat something different maybe you cheat and stack them pancakes like a chinese skyscraper bout to collapse any second and thats ok too just not everyday but even once a week is fine. Im tryin to help you cuz no one looks out for short fat kids except other short fat kids and like it or not taller people will usually have more dramatic success than us so you have to be careful who you pull your advice from because some meme shit may work for a tall person that wont work for us. also in general people who naturally rest at a fatter frame body-type are usually really efficient athletes in that they don't waste a lot of nutrients shitting them out. Like a beef cow or a race horse. Idk if you know anything about race horses but after they retire from racing that have to be ridden as if they were racing otherwise they pack on so much fat theyll be lame in a couple years. these are just things to keep in mind.
>>
>>37103739
Whats your workout like? Like what is your weekly schedule?
>>
>>37105426
And what exercises do you do on those days?
>>
>>37105364
also idk if you are a picky eater but cut that shit out immediatly thats the other thing i have going for me is that i love all types of foods all types of veggies and i saute them all in bacon. sometimes i eat whole mixing bowls of brussel sprouts, broccoli, or kale sauted with a couple of pieces of chopped bacon.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.