[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BODYWEIGHT OR LIFTING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
214 KB, 1280x720
Hey /fit/ ive bene lifting for a year now and want to get into bodyweight training, i find it more fun to do bodyweight training than lift weights. My primary goal is to get big and was wondering should i lift weights or do some bodyweight training or is it a waste of time
>>
>>37100913
>my primary goal is to get big
Then you gotta lift weights, man. Body weight is good for conditioning, fun, deloading, and neural-muscular connection so it should definitely be a part of your routine. If you want to get big, though, you're gonna need to lift.
>>
Are you black and on 500mg test/week?

Then calisthenics will work.

Otherwise no.
>>
File: 1457005034893.jpg (34 KB, 600x645) Image search: [Google]
1457005034893.jpg
34 KB, 600x645
>>37100992
>DYEL detected
>>
gibe de pusi b0ss
>>
>>37101918
No hes right. His body will get used to his bodyweight, which will not continue tearing muscle fibers the same way as lifting weights. He will defiantly see results and gain size over time, but his goal is to get big. Which isn't the goal for doing calisthenics
>>
He could improvise by putting some weights in a backpack ,even tho that wouldn't take him too far.
>>
Add weighted dips and pull-ups into your routine. God tier exercises imo.
Don't stop lifting altogether though.
>>
If you want to get big then no bodyweight training won't get you there. I do barbell training and HIIT which has given me size and shape compared to how I was when a fatty.

It's worth noting that you can get fit with bodyweight training if not big. My bro went from fat to fit with bodyweight and running. It worked. Most normies would probably say he looks better as he has a slim soccer player build now while I look like a meathead Rugby player.
>>
>>37100913
>tfw massive legs make bodyweight exercises so much harder
>>
>get big doing bodyweight

Yeah, that depends on a lot of stuff.

I'm doing one arm chins, planche push ups, levers, etc and I'm ottermode.

If you want to get big doing bodyweight you need to be doing high reps.

If you want to do the really show-offy and challenging moves, then you'll get decent size, but it takes a while.

To get huge you're going to need reps no matter what.

You better be doing it because you love it. Otherwise, it's a damn hard grind. I learned these skills quicker than anyone I've read about, and it still took a while.
>>
I don't know why everyone on fit shits on bodyweight. I know guys that got pretty big(for a natty) just by doing bodyweight stuff.
>>
>>37101918
gibe de pusi b0ss
>>
they both have their merits, but consider this - guys who's job it is to get massive (ie bodybuilders, murrican football players etc) are gonna use the best and most efficient way to get massive...never heard of someone like that who used bodyweight in place of weights.

yes you can get big with bodyweight exercises but it is much, MUCH harder and will take you a hell of a lot longer.
>>
>>37100913
Join the cool guy club and do both.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.