[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here who also still smokes while trying to get fit ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 229x221) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 229x221
Anyone here who also still smokes while trying to get fit ?

>tfw struggling to quit
>>
My bruv does, it's been very rough on him. All I can say is that it's really easier for some people than others to quit.
>>
I smoke to repress hunger desu. It's a bad habit but some days I eat like 1200 or fewer cals. I haven't started lifting until I reach my goal weight so this is a helpful start
>>
>>37100649

You're not gonna make it with such stupid methods about everything.
>>
I started smoking last summer for the second time and quit a few weeks into January. You just have to quit cold turkey brah, there are no shortcuts. I use snus now though which obviously helps, but I'm gonna quit that too when I fucking feel like it. I can go days now without a snus because I forget I even have them. Feels pretty good. Godspeed anon.
>>
It's not hard to quit for me fortunately. I litteraly had a pack of smokes for 4 months going stale because I dont have a convinient time to even smoke. Unless its weed, i always make time for that (;
>>
>>37100622
>never smoked before in my life
>started using nicotine patches because it increases test
>first few days I have to get used to them
>but I also feel a rush of some sort
>"so this is what a bunch of million of retarded dumb fags on the left side of the bellcurve have trouble dealing with?"
>Get used to the rush
>dont feel a psychological dependance on it
>forget about it
>even go a day or more without a patch, dont even notice that I didnt wear it
>have to keep using it consciously otherwise I just forget because body cannot get "addicted", because my body is not a fag like yours.

Feels nice to be on the right side of the bellcurve.
>>
>>37101274
It must be genetics, everyone on my moms side doesn't get addicted to stuff either. Or maybe one's thought process from how they were raised?
>>
>>37101310
Well same here actually, in my family, almost nobody smokes, even extended family. I still even feel the same that smokers feel, the neuroenhancing properties of it. But I cant get addicted to anything really, not even alcohol. The worst thing that I got addicted to was food when I was a kid, to sugar, but thats behind me as well. Nothing fucking gets to me.
>>
>filling your body with poison

>making gains

Pick one. There's your motivation.
>>
My gym is on the top level of a building and they have a rather large outside terrace.

There are actually tons of people who go and have a smoke in between sets.

What the fuck people
>>
>>37100622
try reading Alan Carr's "Easy Way to Quit Smoking".
The book is about changing your mindset and attitude toward smoking. It starts by dispelling myths smokers tell themselves about the reasons they continue to smoke (e.g. "it alleviates boredom" or "it helps me focus"), then talks about changing the attitude toward quitting. Instead of viewing it as giving something up, instead look at what you'r'e gaining. Instead of being envious of smokers, start viewing them with pity. Also, don't use any sort of nicotine replacement as it keeps you addicted and reinforces the idea that you're making a sacrifice by not smoking.

Applying the techniques in the book worked for me and I was easily able to quit after several previous failed attempts. I haven't smoked a single cigarette in over two years now, and have absolutely no desire to. Give the book a read. You've got nothing to lose.,
>>
>>37101274
>even go a day or more without a patch
Accept it that is exactly what an addict would say. You are just as big a fag as those people who like things in their mouth.
>>
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/14/why-the-wealthy-stopped-smoking-but-the-poor-didnt/

LOL
>>
>>37101420
Yea, pat yourself on the back and pretend that you arent a low IQ loser.

Its not like filthy like you can even understand using substances to their scientific purposes, like aromatase inhibitors.
>>
>>37101127
I disagree I quit 3 years ago after smoking for 7, I used an e cigarette, shit was ludicrously easy.

Start at full strength nicotine juice, dial it down over 6 months.
>>
>>37101406
you sound upset friend
>>
>>37101310
When I have a smoke, I just feel guilty. Same with drinking hard, or doing weed.

Addicts don't have those guilts I think.
Which IS WHY THEY SHOULD ROT IN HELL.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.