[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>SLEEP HACKING I want to maximize my time by sleeping less,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
>SLEEP HACKING

I want to maximize my time by sleeping less, I have heard of many influential people who sleep wayyy less than I do.

Arnie advocated sleeping 6 hours a night, Trump only sleep only sleeps 4 hours a night, Casey Neistat (Youtube Vlogger) Sleeps at around 1am and wakes up at 5am.

I can sleep a solid 8 hours and it still does not feel like enough, how the fuck can I hack sleep?
>>
>>37096361
It's all bullshit. Those people lie/exaggerate. They wouldn't be productive if they didn't get the amount their bodies need.
It varies between people, but I doubt anyone could get away with 4h and function properly. Everyone I know that sleeps less than 6 for a extended period of time starts looking like shit and is visibly tired all the time.
>>
>>37096389

This. Other than that your body dictates whether you need 6 or 9 hours of sleep and there is not much you can do to change it. Believe me, I tried. But I need 8,5 hours to feel good, unfortunately.
>>
>>37096361
There are no hacks sadly. I got lucky, I feel great after 6 hours and shitty with any more. Your body isn't gonna lie to you about what it needs.
>>
>>37096361

It can work, but you have to pay a toll at some point.

My father would sleep around 5 hours per night and wake in the middle of it to go piss, he was doing alright at work but should he sit in a confy seat he would fall asleep in 5 minutes.

I myself sometimes have whole weeks of sleeping 5 / 6 hours but on the damned weeked I can sleep up to 15 hours.
>>
>>37096389
What this guy said

There's been plenty of studies showing this, some even showed that some people are actually mutating genes so as to be able to only sleep 6h-6h30 a night

Right now I'm trying zinc & magnesium, not sure if it'll do anything but technically it could help me get into REM faster and stay in it longer, so potentially that might help reduce the time I need to sleep to be fully rested. Hopefully
>>
Don't fight your body too hard or it'll fight back.
>>
It's either bullshit (likely) or they possess a stupidly rare gene which I can bet you don't have. Look up sleep cycles. Basically, an average adult takes 14 mins to fall asleep, and then sleeps in 90 min cycles. If you wake up at the end of a cycle, its easier, and you feel more refreshed. 6 hours (4 cycles) is a holding pattern. Think of it as a minimum. 7.5 hours (5 sleep cycles) is probably best. It'll leave you refreshed, and also your muscles will recover much better than plebs getting 6 hours. 9 hours (6 cycles) is excellent. If you can get it, get it. You'll feel refreshed, and have shitfucktonnes of energy. More than 9 or less than 6 is not advised. Most people aren't exactly 90 mins, and may take more or less than 14 mins to fall asleep, so do what works.

Also, if you have to nap, do it for 30 mins or less, or 90 mins. Between 30 and 90 tends to leave you tired and not much refreshed in my experience.
>>
>>37096361
Casey Neistat also wears sunglasses all the time his eye bags are so huge from never sleeping and living off caffeine.He does/ did used to run an impressive amount though so he must have some energy. Anyways pretty sure he bullshits about how much he sleeps too.
>>
>>37096361
Also like some people said in this thread the amount of sleep YOUR body needs varies from person to person. Different people operate better on different amounts of sleep, genetics or whatever it is, if your body needs a long sleep you can't do too much about it when you have already tuned your diet / exercise.
>>
>>37096361

I sleep maybe 5-6 hours a day and I'm rested as fuck.
The secret to sleep less and still have a healthy sleep schedule is habit!
And as we all know habits take time.

- Go to sleep at a specific time, everyday
- You need an evening and a morning routine (something that your body knows it is time to sleep or to start your day)
- learn how to fall asleep fast ( for example 4-7-8 breathing exercise)
- use Apps to monitor your sleep and intelligent alarm
- take supplements if you like before you go to bed like magnesium or l-theanine (I take only magnesium)
- no distractions in your bedroom (cellphone, TV, reading a book)
- air the room before you go to bed (even in the winter)
>>
>>37096361

Why do people boast about the amount of time they sleep?

I manage my life and work so I can get 8 hours sleep a night. People that say "I work so hard I only get 4 hours sleep a night" - you must not be very good at your job!
>>
>>37096498
Yeah, that bragging about sleeping so little and having no time is so retarded. Well, gj on having shitty life.
>>
>>37096457
nice
>>
>>37096488
>e-stating your sleeping time on a mongolian horse milk trading forum
>>
>>37096498
>>37096514
>Why isn't everyone like me?
>>
>>37096361
Nope. You definitely don't want to cut sleep-time. Do you even realize what sleeping actually does ?
> Memories ain't burried in your head, you know. Your brain has to "make them last", to cut the boring part.
> Your muscles aren't going to magically grow out of nowhere. Go ahead, take a hint and try to guess when are they made ?
> Robots can't heal themselves, but we can. If we sleep. Almost every part of your body is regenerated during your sleep.
> Attention is strongely linked to your sleep. Actually, attention is just our ability to 'select' which things we should care about in the instant : and that's surprinsingly something that happens in our brain. If your brain ain't ready to go, you'll be lacking attention.
But seriously dude, check for yourself. There's a lot of studies from scientist who tried to see what happens if they stop to sleep. It might interest you.
>>
>[thing] hacking

it's all gonna be bullshit anon. Sorry
>>
dont do it unless you want to be ugly and stressed

i mean when you're trump's age maybe you don't care anymore but since you're in your 20s you need to get those 8 hours or you're dead
>>
>>37096361
>I want to maximize my time
Be more efficient in your time allocation. For example, create less shit threads per day on 4chan.
>by sleeping less,
Don't.
>I have heard of many influential people who sleep wayyy less than I do.
1) they are bullshitting in order to appear more productive and hardcore to normies.
>Arnie
>Trump
Memes, both of them. Seriously? Both are businessmen and politicians whose success is greatly correlated to their reputation. Of course they will exaggerate their "achievements".
2) take this piece of anecdotal evidenxe with a grain of salt.
When I didn't work out, I would sleep for 6 hours (couldn't sleep for more) and felt tired and sleepy throughout the whole day.
Now, I have to sleep for ~8.5 hours on weekdays and up to 10ish on weekends but I feel great, and even if I have to sleep for 6 or less I don't feel sleepy and tired all day, I'm just not 100% refreshed.
>>
>>37096361
>>SLEEP HACKING
You can really sell anything to Americans, huh?
>>
>>37096457
Underrated comment
I tried this (sleeping 6 ; 7,5 and 9 hours) for a long time and I can say that it worked sooo well, just give it a try, you'll be so grateful
>>
>>37096361
MK677
Zinc
Melatonin
>>
>>37096361
well this guy is fraud so pretty sure he bullshit about his sleeping time
>>
>>37096361
Cocain on camera, crippling depression off camera.
>>
>>37096361
Barely able to sleep more than 6-7 hours a night but feel great the next morning. Will I be able to make it?
>>
>>37096457
I found that sleeping for longer than 8 hours makes me recall a lot of my dreams

Shit sucks, I don't like dreams
>>
>>37096457
If I sleep much more than 8 and a half hours I feel groggy as fuck and not fully awake for a couple of hours afterwards. between 7 and a half and 8 seems to suit me nicely
>>
You can't "hack" it, it's all about the way your GENETICS have determined your SLEEP NEEDS, just like they decided your FACE, FRAME, and HEIGHT.
>>
>>37096361
you cant you musnt. some people are just born to sleep less just like you said arnie, trump napoleon also slept for like 5 hours. its really bad for your health if you sont don't get enough sleep
>>
>>37096768
Start smoking a lot of weed and you don't dream. (Not kidding)
>>
>>37096450

yeah ZM(A) is bullshit unfortunately. Scant evidence to back up the claims, plus I tried it myself without success.
>>
>>37096488
reading books before going to sleep is the best way for me to unwind and fall asleep easily

otherwise great advice
>>
I think it comes down to personality to some extent. My boss is one of the most driven people I've ever met, he literally never switches off and is widely regarded in the industry as a top innovator & leader. He did a professional qualification in 3 months which normally takes people 3-4 years to do.

He sleeps an average of 4-5 hours per night, and sometimes he even wakes up early and goes out on his bike for an hour.
>>
All you people saying trump is bullshit obviously don't follow him. His schedule is proof that he only sleeps 4 hours, sometimes even less. He always has interviews/rallies right after each other. I don't know how he does it other than he is a god.
>>
>>37096847

TRT
>>
Anyone got any tips on getting a full night of sleep?
I always seem to wake up in the middle of the night for no reason and struggle to get back to sleep. I go to bed around the same time ever day if that makes a difference.
>>
>>37096808

In my case it is the opposite. I read too long and therfor fall asleep later than usual, or I'm lying around and think about the stuff I've just read.
>>
>>37096361
Do you suffer from sleep apnea? It can fuck up your sleep cycle to the point that it keeps you tired even after proper rest.
>>
How do I fix my sleeping schedule from 10-6? Start school again in September

Past year I've been working a fucked up schedule. Sleep cycle is all over the place.
>>
READ THIS YOU FUCKER

I sleep for about 5-6 hours at night, then go to sleep during the day, no longer than 90 mins, ideally between 60-90 mins. The thing is, you need to do that EVERY DAY for it to work. If you do it for 1/2 days, you will have problems falling asleep at night and will feel like shit. I have no problems waking up in the morning, I have enough energy to go through work, then I come back home, eat and go to sleep. I wake up full of energy and do shit up to 12 - 1 am. I've been doing this since college, never failed me. On the weekends, I don't sleep during the day and get one full night of sleep.

There are some more extreme cycles that work too, but I've never tried them, since they don't fit my schedule. People who spew shit about specific cycles lenght don't realise one thing - they have been confirmed for a typical, 8 hours long sleep. If you get used to a sleeping pattern, they easily adapt. It won't fuck up your biological clock or anything, those things happen if, say, you are working a lot switching between night and day shifts. If you commit to a sleep pattern that fits you, there is no other way than that you will be be more rested.
>>
>>37097212
To 10-6**
>>
I hate bullshit like this.
Sleep is not a problem. You don't need to "hack" it. Just like food isn't a problem. Your post is right up there with Soylent fags trying to fix the problem of food.

The real problem is your discipline. If sleep is a problem then you've got a time management problem, a lack of nutrition and exercise problem, maybe even a noise problem; but the problem ain't sleep. It's you.

Fix you and you'll have no problems.
>>
>>37096361

The hack is to take "powernaps". You can google and found out a lot of extremely succesful people swear by taking 15-45min naps during the day.

It really works, when I'm tired as fuck to go the gym I simply go to bed and put a 30min alarm timer and when I wake up instantly I feel energetic as fuck.

But the key here is to not sleep any longer than that cause it will make you feel very lethargic.

Also the longer I sleep during the night the worse I feel. For me 6-8 hours is the sweet spot and I used to always go to bed earlier and sleep longer when I had something important the next day and I always, fucking always felt like complete shit if I slept for 10 hours or so.
>>
>>37096518
>>37096598
Thanks anons. I researched this shit a year ago, when I realised how fucked my sleep cycle was.

>>37096768
Holy shit, I actually notice this too. Maybe it's something to do with your brain having gone through multiple REM cycles? There was a theory going around that your brain processes shit while you sleep. Maybe the dreams are when you've finished sorting shit? No clue though. I'm totally spitballing here.

>>37096772
Keep going with that then, anon. When you find a time that works for you, it's awesome. I found that setting alarms for 8 hours worked perfectly for me, since my sleep cycles are almost dead on average, but it takes me longer to fall asleep.
>>
I think you biggest problem is dealing with your dyslexia. "only sleep only sleeps" come on niggaa
>>
File: 1433095993545.png (516 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1433095993545.png
516 KB, 680x418
>>37097282
I tried taking powernaps but I found them a waste of time as it was taking me 20+ minutes to actually fall asleep
>>
>>37096361
Instead of trying to sleep less, just stop visiting 4chan. A few easy hours saved you can use for something else (like sleeping!).
>>
>>37096918
I've got the same problem. You just have to get good at falling back to sleep with things like deep breathing
>>
>>37096389
This
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.