[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ there are so many different opinions regarding training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
/fit/ there are so many different opinions regarding training of lower abs.

Lets settle this once and for all: Can you specificly train and focus growth of the lower pack of your abs?

My upper 4pack is significant bigger and more dominant then the lower ones (they only show in very good lightning)... Bodyfat is already low (around 10%).

What do?
>>
Hanging Leg or Knee raises + Lying Leg raises on a bench.

This will hit your upper and lower portion of the abs.

Don't believe me? try it yourself.
>>
>>37096142

No. The abs are all one muscle, the segmentation is caused by tendon-like fibres over the top of the muscle rather than them being different parts.

>>37096147
You appear to have confused the hip flexors with the abs.
>>
>>37096163
>You appear to have confused the hip flexors with the abs.

Then why does my upper abs burn when I do knee raises and then my lower abs burn when I do lying leg raises on a bench?

explain that one mr know it all haha xD
>>
If you move your torso, it will target the upper. If you move your legs it will target the lower..
>>
>>37096142
Most of that will be affected by the tendons that run across the rectus abdominalis that define the abs. However, to get the maximum definition you can out of your genetics, do some hanging leg raises holding a dumbell between your feet.
>>
>>37096171

Because your psoas - which is a hip flexor - runs under your lower abdominal area to connect with the spine.
>>
>>37096147
>>37096171
Dyel giving advice pls stop
>>
File: 1225440108095.jpg (29 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
1225440108095.jpg
29 KB, 300x321
>Lower Abs

You also isolate the middle upper chest? How about lower lats?
>>
Look at Arnold in his prime. Does he have visible lower abs?
>>
>>37096142
Most men can't see their lower abs until they're well into single digits bodyfat.

Women should be able to see them well before 10%. If you're a woman, you're probably measuring your bf% inaccurately.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.