[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you see any stupid shit at the gym today /fit/? This guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: crossfit.webm (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.webm
2 MB, 1080x1920
Did you see any stupid shit at the gym today /fit/?

This guy did literally nothing but retarded shit like webm related, with very low reps, and bizarre stretches in between. What I don't get is that the guy looked great, i'd say about 6"2 and 80+kg with low bfat.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 792x558
>>37096112
Saw a lanklet get pinned under lmao2pl8 on the bench. He was wearing a vest that said something along the lines of 'headphones on, world off. SHREDZ'.

I thought it was bretty funny.
>>
>>37096112

that's actually bretty hard excercise, it's basically OHP
>>
>>37096148
if you're gonna do handstands use a fucking wall not a rack and a barbell
Every machine he set his eyes on he used wrong, he did dips in the leg raise machine
>>
>>37096112
This is a legit exercise, but he is doing it wrong.

If you are in gymnastics and working on your handstand you'll probably be doing something like this, but your body should be an L shape and your torso should be hollow. This puts a lot of pressure on your shoulder mobility. He has overriden the shoulder mobility component and is using up equipment.
>>
File: 1462794757036.jpg (82 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1462794757036.jpg
82 KB, 720x1280
>>37096503
L-shape? Like this?
>>
>>37096112

maybe because he knows what he's doing and you're a retard? Hurr he not sitting on bench press like a baby and so he must be retarded. Not everyone wants to be a fat fuck powerlifter who only benches quarter range of motion constituting their whole upper body.
>>
File: startofpressfromboxcopysmall.jpg (35 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
startofpressfromboxcopysmall.jpg
35 KB, 600x429
>>37096590
Nope, that's exactly wrong. What gymnasts call a banana body. LIke pic attached.

I gave up judging people on their moronic shit years ago. Like the guy in OP, maybe he's going to enter the world Hang Upside Down and do shitty Hand Stand Press up World Championships. Maybe he's the world champion for that particular mad exercise.

Maybe he's worl tiddle winks champion and his coach makes him do this exercise for some reason we don't know.

I've boxed professionally, and curl bros in the gym look at me like I've 2 heads when they see me do half the shit I do.
>>
>>37096597
squat rack hand stander spotted
>>
>>37096112
Guy was wandering around the gym doing every exercise using whatever weight was already on with no warm-up. Just altered form, ROM, and reps accordingly.
>>
>>37096112
I've got a guy at my gym who does push ups on the hack squat machine. He places his feet on top of the shoulder pads and pushes off of the foot plate.

It's not so much weird as it is obnoxious though; especially because he grunts like a train chugging up a mountain
>>
>benching
>warming up with empty Bar
>go to rack it
>miss one hook and one side of the bar almost smashes my face
>fucking loud, 3 curlbros bertstare
>embarrassed as fuck but laugh it off and keep going
>>
>>37096607
>I've boxed professionally
When'd you start?
>>
>>37096626
i see a lot of those, guys walking in the weights room and just standing there looking around like they came in with no plan whatsoever. They end up doing random machines for 10 minutes and leave.
>>
>>37096162
>Every machine he set his eyes on he used wrong
kek i love watching these guys work out
but.. dips in the leg raise machine? how?
>>
>>37096645
Boxing pro? 2010. Finished in 2014. I want to go back but life is in the way.
>>
Everyone at my gym does their shit to the book and owner is an ex competition bodybuilder and will pull people up for doing stupid shit.
>>
>>37096639
>fucking loud, 3 curlbros bertstare
this happened to me one time after I was leg pressing 420lbs for reps and the hook to clip the press somehow missed its slot and made a huge ass load noise.. the chads of the gym (in the curl area lmao) just looked at me. shit pissed me off, especially since I've gotten more gains than them in 4 months then they have in years.. these guys are such fags t b h
>>
>>37096672
if the owner told me some shit while I was working out I would pull my pants down and tell him to suck my balls.

Obviously not to that extent. I would just tell him to get lost. The fuck? I'm paying to push iron around, not get pushed around by an old fart
>>
>>37096668
I'm 18 and I wanna be pro. Is it too late?
>>
>>37096701
it's never too late to go in a ring and get your head punched for the entertainment of old men smoking cigars. talk smooth, know the right people, and you will win all your fights by decision and make money. it's not about being able to fight, it's about being able to put on a show. boxing is the only sport in america that is 100% fixed, and they like it that way
>>
File: abs legs.png (17 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
abs legs.png
17 KB, 1152x648
>>37096664
I'm pretty bad a drawing but i think you can surmise it from this.
it's more of an ab machine than leg. It's utter shit though.
>>
>>37096112
kek, if I tried to do that exercise I would literally be in the spinal ward
>>
>>37096148
>OHP
>hard

pick only 1
>>
>>37096713
Damn dude. Were you ever in a fixed match?
>>
>>37096729
that has to be the fucking worst drawing ive ever seen, but i know what you're saying. I see people do that all the fucking time at my gym too. first time I went to the gym I almost did it too, but I remembered seeing some fool doing dips in the other area, so I saved myself the embarrassment. I've actually saved myself dozens of times by just watching people haha
>>
>>37096750
I'm not the original anon, but yes I did box. I was the boxer in the fixed match haha ... winning. I had the right connections. Once you start training every day, I would train 6-7 times a week, 4-5 hours a day .. I was intense, people took notice .. people made investments .. it's history from there.

Somebody bets $500 on you, they talk with the big boss and they're going to make sure their "investment" is 100% guaranteed. Then, they broadcast your persona as an underdog and unlikely to win, when you have major skill .. but it's hidden.

They'll set the odds to 10:1 .. and 99% of the crowd is going to rush to bet against you. The big dogs already have their thousands of dollars for you, when you win, they win.

You WILL NOT lose in boxing if you are the right person. The people that LOSE boxing matches are real fighters, people with "honor" etc.. they're expected to win. The guy played as the underdog is the one who goes far. See Floyd Mayweather, Pac, etc.
>>
>>37096607
>I've boxed professionally, and curl bros in the gym look at me like I've 2 heads when they see me do half the shit I do.
examples please senpai
>>
>>37096676
Lmao you're such a tryhard
>>
>>37096787
im >>37096777 not >>37096607 but some common boxer workouts i did was a lot of jump rope, which people are quick to mock in the gym for some reason. A lot of the workouts i (we) do/did are something YOU'RE going to be similar with, such as deadlifts, lots of TRX workouts, rope workouts, med ball is a big one too .. but we do to the basic compounds as well
>>
>>37096815
whenever i box my shoulder joints hurt like fuck. any tips?
>>
>>37096676
In all fairness, one of the curlbros did come over and ask if I was okay.
>>
>>37096713
confirmed for 0-32
>>
>>37096688

I'm sure if he was trying to correct you you'd have been doing something severely wrong.
>>
>>37096777
>You WILL NOT lose in boxing if you are the right person. The people that LOSE boxing matches are real fighters, people with "honor" etc.. they're expected to win. The guy played as the underdog is the one who goes far. See Floyd Mayweather, Pac, etc.

Was it always like this? Like for people like Tyson?

I just don't see how it would have been for old school fighters like Ali who had a personal investment/something to prove in winning desu.
>>
Hey guys I don't want to make a new thread for something this stupid so I'll just ask here.

I just started exercising today after years of sedentary life, aren't my muscles supposed to ache? I just feel weak as fuck but I don't feel my muscles aching
>>
can anyone explain why curling is considered a meme here? I only have dumbbells at home and don't really wanna go to the gym
>>
>>37096906

Dumbbell curls are something you do when everything else is done. If you have an overally shit physique a few dumbbell curls won't fix that and is generally a waste of time compared to compound exercises.

People assume gym work=dumbbell curls for some reason.
>>
>>37096839
stretch. if it clicks, ice and warm remedy for 20 minutes on 20 minutes off..

if it's sore, same remedy lol.. but if it clicks you're going to have to work a lot harder to fix it. i dislocated my left shoulder in a fight and it took 4 years to finallly stop clicking
>>
>>37096962
what do you suggest i do then?
>>
>>37096861
i was 9-0 and quit after my final fight with a mexican kid. he was quick as hell, best fighter i fought. i was stronger tho, and was able to go round to round with him and win it by decision although i lost.
>>
>>37096871
yeah honestly you're right
>>
>>37096873
tyson was old school boxing. no it wasn't like this 100% like it is today, but it was still fixed back then too.. Ali/Foreman times weren't really fixed, although smaller scuffles had rigged bettings going on. But Ali/Foreman fights Foreman/Sugar Ray/Ali/Etc.. were pretty genuine fights.

Tyson was pretty genuine as well.. it surely wasn't like it is today.

the guys who belong to floyd will always win in his hotel is Vegas, unless the dude gets knocked out. Floyd always hosted his fights at the hotel, all 49 of them, because his refs and scorers were paid off.

Really, if you win you get almost 400 million at the stage, giving a couple million to the refs is part of the investment.

Everyone in the boxing world knows its fixed, especially on the highest stages
>>
>>37096112
if it looks retarded and works then its not retarded.
also maybe he got built earlier before starting to do retarded shit, maybe he played sports/lifted for many years, or maybe he has top-tier genetics.
>>
>>37096966

I suggest you read the sticky.
>>
>>37096906
curls 4 the gurls
>>37096966
curls are fine for biceps, really.. dont fall for the meme. the meme is just making fun of people who ALL they do in the gym is curls. Do your compounds and your isolations. Curls are great, but dont JUST do curls or you become a faggot curl bro
>>
>>37097007
>if it looks retarded and works then its not retarded.
truer words have never been spoken. this is why a lot of the crossfit fools are ripped af
>>
>>37096876

Yes
>>
>>37097017
Ah thanks familia
>>
>>37097003
How long hypothetically does your average fighter train before going pro?
>>
>>37096701
No dude. I went pro in 2010. When I was 25.

>>37096777
I don't know what country this guy is from, but it is completely at odds with my expereince.
>>
>>37097129
How many years did you train?

You still fight?
>>
>>37096112
Saw an obese woman push the leg support on assisted pullup/dip machine down and up with her right leg.
>>
>>37096787
Dragon flags, human flags, turkish get ups, any and all combination calistethic met cons, doing incline instead of flat, oly lifting, squating too low which will hurt my knees, wrestling bridges, hand stand work, virtually all mobility work, stretching, toes to bars, knees to bars, climbing rope without using legs, seated strict 'cleans', any plyos, actually using boxing equipment how it was meant to be used (like every dick head using the heavy bags in my gym, but they've no idea a, how to box b, use a heavy bag c, any understanding of their own ability so they gas instantly, impress no one (which was their only real intention), they look at my like I'm crazy doing any footwork drills, any head movement drills, etc. I could go on and on forever really.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.