[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fasting this week, who's with me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1406206973143.jpg (283 KB, 1600x1412) Image search: [Google]
1406206973143.jpg
283 KB, 1600x1412
Just turned 30.
I want to set my life in the right direction, on all levels.

I think doing a fast is one of the best way to set the trajectory straight. Who wants to fast with me this week?

I'm thinking a 5-days fast, only water. If I can make it further I'll do it.

Hope I won't lose my gains. Should I keep exercising btw?

Advices and testimonials welcome.

Pic related
>>
>>37095239
Jesus looks like a badass in this painting
>>
>>37095239
>fast
>Hope I won't lose my gains

jesus christ, how stupid can you be?

If you're trying to fast for clarity or a challenge or whatever, you'd probably be better off picking up meditation instead.

If you're trying to fast as an easy way of cutting, just fucking no you sperg. Try PSMF.
>>
>>37095264
That's because he was the biggest badass in the universe, and I mean it litteraly.

>>37095330
You sound like you don't know anything about fasting. Have you tried it?
>>
>>37095239
>Who wants to fast with me this week?

Fast for His glory. You don't find many people who like fasting nowadays.

>I'm thinking a 5-days fast, only water. If I can make it further I'll do it.

There's a few things to consider here. You really ought to ease into this and especially be careful when breaking your fast. Most people would suggest consulting your physician but that's a little excessive IMO.

>Hope I won't lose my gains. Should I keep exercising btw?

It will take you about 12 hours to run out of food running through your body. After that, it'll take around 24 hours to run out glycogen that's stored in your liver. I don't really consider being in a "fasted state" unless I've gone without food for 1,5 days. It's only after that that your muscles face some catabolism. At this point, some kind of BCAA supplement would go a long way to mitigate the damage. You should exercise, but only enough to somewhat load your muscles. Some light cardio and high-rep work. No balls to the wall powerlifting though.
>>
File: fasting buddha.jpg (76 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
fasting buddha.jpg
76 KB, 350x500
>>37095239
will turn 30 soon. I think i have to do something similar
>>
>>37095519
I prefer not taking any supplements at all, I want the body to do its work as naturally as possible.
Will do some high rep work!

>>37095537
Do it brother!
>>
>>37095608
BCAAs are completely natural, but it's up to you
>>
>>37095239
You'll lose insignificant gains from a fast. I fast for 15 days once a year, usually in February.

Read Mark's daily Apple on fasting.

Good work bro. You really feel alive after a long fast. I quit smoking at the same time as my body was so confused whether it wants food or nicotine.
>>
>>37095239
what are you hoping to get out of your fasting that you wouldnt from a proper diet with tasty, nutritious food and a balanced diet?

How is quitting food better than improving your diet?
>>
>>37095786
fasting puts your body and mind in a different state unreachable when you eat constantly
>>
>>37095898
Yeah, it creates a stress response. That's it.
Its nothing magical about it.

Drugs also put your mind in a different state, but that doesn't mean it does anything beneficial for you.

Your mind works optimally when you provide it with a well balanced diet and exercise.
>>
>I'm thinking a 5-days fast, only water
>5 days
>only water

Muslim here, you kids are precious.
>>
>>37095928

Nauzubillah you shaitan!
>>
>>37095928
He only wants to fast, not kill innocent people with explosives
>>
any other /fit/ fasting now?
>>
>>37095925
That may be true but the "stress response" from fasting causes your mind to shift into a state that provides a radically different perspective on everything, opening new pathways and avenues by which to provide insight and solutions to pressing problems.

Drugs do this as well, yes, but fasting is cleaner, more accessible, and legal
>>
>>37095928
So hard to fast 12 hours when you can stuff yourself all night long until fajr, right?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.