[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, I need your knowledge. Basically, I'm 31, never really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: atsisiųsti.jpg (10 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
atsisiųsti.jpg
10 KB, 306x165
/fit/, I need your knowledge. Basically, I'm 31, never really did any sports or workout, however I'm still quite fit (182cm/66kg). Recently broke up with gf, some other things happened and now I'm looking into some workout routines, because wanna git gud. My friend recommended Insanity Max 30 and it seems to my unprofessional eye quite good. How good it really is? I'm not looking to get huge muscles, just toned and fit. So, what are your thoughts about it, is it as good as they say it is or is it just some stupid shit and not as good as some other techniques?
>>
just do it and leave us alone
>>
>>37095162
>never did any sports or workout, however i'm still quite fit

No you aren't. You're not unhealthy but you'll almost certainly be in bad shape, so don't jump into anything containing cardio with high hopes of it being easy.
>>
>My friend recommended Insanity Max 30
He is not your friend.
>it seems to my unprofessional eye quite good.
It isn't.
>How good it really is?
It's commercial garbage with absolutely nothing going for it.
>I'm not looking to get huge muscles, just toned and fit.
For fucks sake. There is no such thing as being "toned" or "fit". There's two things you can do with your body. LOSE FAT and BUILD MUSCLE.
>So, what are your thoughts about it, is it as good as they say it is or is it just some stupid shit and not as good as some other techniques?
Do SS faggot
>>
>>37095162
SS with couch25k on your in-between days
>>
>>37095200
what's SS?
>>
>>37095208
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>37095208
Starting Strength, a routine by Mark Rippetoe
>>
>>37095200
Do SS with added chins, curls and chest isolation.

SS is a minimalistic program made for football players who doesn't have much energy to spare due to their sport.
But with some added exercises/isolations it becomes well balanced.
>>
File: Jack-Nicholson.gif (498 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Nicholson.gif
498 KB, 500x281
>I'm still quite fit
No you aren't, you skinny bitch. You think you are fit because you've never actually exercised in your life. Do you think real athletes and lifters do stupid shit like insanity? No, because it's a cash-grab marketed to sedentary chumps like you who don't know any better.
>>
>>37095235
i don't think i'm fit, i actually am. never really did any sports properly, however, my job required me riding bicycle for 12hours a day (cycle courier in London) for 4 years. then i would ride bike in races and still ride every day. i am quite fit, non-smoker, non-drinker, i can outrun some of my sportish friends too.
however, coming back to the recommendation, it comes from a guy who's semi-pro (he's in his 30 now), used to compete professionaly in track and field and did sports all of his life. that's why i think his advice can be based enough.
>>
>>37095262
Okay, here's the huge disconnect. This board is mainly for powerlifting and lifting in general, there's no way around that. Riding bicycles, track and field, etc. these are a little off-kilter for this board. You can be good at these but the guys here will only acknowledge you once you lift a shit ton of weight and build a physique.

That being said, insanity isn't worth anyone's time and money. It's no better than hot yoga or zumba. You'd be better off just going to the gym to lift free weights.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.