[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's better doing: >a train to failure set (as in I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What's better doing:
>a train to failure set (as in I start with my max weight and decrease the weight without resting until I can't lift anything with baby weight) or
>doing 4 sets with the same weight or
>building up to my max as in the first set doing for example 12 sets of something normal for me, then 5 of something heavy and finally 3 or 2 of my max and trying to increase it overtime.

Which is better for progressing overtime in both muscle and strength
>>
>>37089794

probably the last two are better for strength than the first one just because once you get to the bottom of the ladder of drop sets, you're really training endurance more than anything else. I imagine that's pretty good for building muscle though
>>
You should train 10 reps of 1bodyweight first, then 9 reps, all until 1 rep.

Then repeat until 10 again.
>>
You be training at 70-80% of your 1RM for reps and increasing by 5 pounds every workout. When you fail, drop 15 pounds and repeat.
>>
4 sets of same weight

>wont burn out as quickly
>wont waste time with babby weight bulls shit
>gains are linear and not based on how shit your last workout made you feel
>>
>>37091867
Is this how SS works?
>>
Some days I lift as heavy as I can till I basically can barely get to the 10th rep. But some days when I'm really not feeling the gym, I'll lower the weight a tad bit to where I can really focusing on the contraction.

Don't know if this is right, but I'm seeing gains so whatever
>>
>>37089794
The Ladder up has worked for me, helped in size and strength.

If you want to have more stamina, then ladder down til exhausted.
>>
>>37091930
Pretty much. Works for literally any type of routine.
>>
>>37091867
I've never seen anyone who sticks with just low rep ranges gain appreciable muscle. Of course, some heavy lifting is good, but you need 8-15 rep sets too
>>
>>37091867
what exactly do you mean for reps, like 8-12 territory or more like 3-6 strength territory
>>
Op here I'd advised not to do the first one here because even though I'm pretty much a noob I have not made any gains (maybe only in my back)
in 3 months of trying sets till failure I do get a sick pump specially on chest and biceps but I haven't really increased in size or strength I'm also on a moderare bulk so I really don't get why my gains are so slow and I'm starting to believe it's because of those shitty sets till failure.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.